VN Ren'Py Isabella - Chasing Shadows [Ch. 4.2] [badtimetales]

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes
Oct 10, 2022
Is sex with Alex (the girl with the unusual haircut) forced on you?

The first sex scene with her is not avoidable, as she is not a new LI, but has helped you to manage to deal with the death of your ex GF over a year back.
She's the one that got you back to life.

I do understand that some people don't like her looks or her attitude, but as this is a story driven game, she is there and allways will be.
You can deny every sexual content with her after the first night and dump her later in the game, and still she will be there. Just without sex.
So you are telling me that there are people out there saying no to this?
screenshot0006.png

Some people are just heartless.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
If you think that will stop people from asking the same questions over and over again you're in for a surprise.
Recent studies have found that 95% of f95 users don't even read the thread tags :WeSmart:

alex_sigh_small.png

*sigh*

I know.

But it's easier to link there. Hopefully.

So you are telling me that there are people out there saying no to this?
There are and I can understand it.
Alex is not the right girl for everyone, no problem with that.

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
In my playthrough I'm with Alex after the last update but I banged Val. Would that come back to bite me in the ass?
Uhm, I have a big problem there. Yep, me, not you.

Val was never planned like this but it happened. And she grew on me.
She will not be a LI (just because of branching/rendering reasons and I would like to keep it more or less realistic with two LI), but I know she has some fans (and I fully understand that!).

With how I showed the MC he would have to end all sex scenes with Val if he's with Alex.
So to see the Val scenes the player would play both parts, Alex route yes and no, just to find out that Val is no LI like in "and they lived happily together."
Not the best way.

I'm thinking about a ways to solve that dilemma which is better than a "Do you really still want to have sex with Val?"

For your playthrough, it doesn't have any consequences.
Alex is jealous as hell, but you've not been together at that time. She's not happy about it, but don't hold it against you.

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021

She will not be a LI (just because of branching/rendering reasons and I would like to keep it more or less realistic with two LI), but I know she has some fans (and I fully understand that!).

With how I showed the MC he would have to end all sex scenes with Val if he's with Alex.
So to see the Val scenes the player would play both parts, Alex route yes and no, just to find out that Val is no LI like in "and they lived happily together."
Not the best way.

I'm thinking about a way to solve that dilemma which is better than a "Do you really still want to have sex with Val?"

Alex is jealous as hell, but you've not been together at that time. She's not happy about it, but don't hold it against you.
eh, I checked those scenes just out of curiosity, never considered her an actual contender in the game, for me it's Alex all the way, but obviously I'll see the trio path as well afterwards

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019

Not the best way.

I'm thinking about a way to solve that dilemma which is better than a "Do you really still want to have sex with Val?"
Just don't give us the chance. She already said she was not looking for a relationship, so in terms of characterization she'll understand the MC rejecting her the next time they meet because he has something new going on. As for the players, maybe you could add a little warning on the first choice to have sex with her, saying that she will only be a side girl. Since this is not an harem game, they should understand good things come to an end when you pick a girl for a serious relationship (and you can rest assured someone else will create a mod that will enable those side scenes with no further consequences). So the game will have 4 actual paths: "Alex", "Isa", "Both", and "Lonely Bachelor with some side action with Val whenever the chance arises"

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Technically this could be considered a harem when the new tags drop
Because for a harem you only need two ladies when the new tags are implemented

But I will still call It a throuple because thats really what it is imo
Still Alex is clearly best girl
don't get me wrong tho Isabella is great but Alex is on a whole other level

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

Not the best way.

I'm thinking about a ways to solve that dilemma which is better than a "Do you really still want to have sex with Val?"

You already know what I think about Val. You already know that while being a side-girl, she's waaaaay too interesting and has too much weight story wise to simply disappear.

Val, can become an interesting friend for the throuple, she was already on board with a threesome with Jen, why not an occasional foursome after Alex and Isa manage to establish the throuple?

I don't mean to have her live with them, since she wants her autonomy and no relationships at this point of her life, but, instead of being a source of jealousy, being a cheating partner, being a possible problem, why not turn her into an accepted and desired diversion or a once in a while entertainment?

It doesn't have to be frequent. It can wait until the girls feel more secure in their new reality. I just think it is too good a character to simply let go.

Shit, I have an image in my head of Val naked and drunk doing a salute to Jennifer's picture in MC's house crying her eyes out, while riding the MC with Alex and Isa consoling her. It may never happen, but damn that's fucking hot.

Peace :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
You already know what I think about Val. You already know that while being a side-girl, she's waaaaay too interesting and has too much weight story wise to simply disappear.
I thought about that, but for this game it will not happen.
Bringing her in would mean extra renders for the solo routes and the Alex and Isa route.
That's some kind of extra work I really have to avoid. Especially as that would be mostly animations.

As mentioned, there will probably be a much more shorter game in an alternative universe where Jen still lives.
Val will have her appearance there ;)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I thought about that, but for this game it will not happen.
Bringing her in would mean extra renders for the solo routes and the Alex and Isa route.
That's some kind of extra work I really have to avoid. Especially as that would be mostly animations.

As mentioned, there will probably be a much more shorter game in an alternative universe where Jen still lives.
Val will have her appearance there ;)
I'll try to deal with my grief over her passing. :( She truly is quite interesting.
---------------------------------------

Peace :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: badtimetales

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)
View attachment 2866148

No, absolutely NO!

Val planned to dig more into the murder and provoked Cooper already.
And with what the MC saw at the strip club she will be even more motivated to do that.

There will be some scenes with here that will match the thriller theme, but there are no dead girls anymore.

Not even a dead cat :p

4.50 star(s) 60 Votes