Unity Isekai Parlor Simulator [v0.17.1] [Studio Echydna]

3.60 star(s) 12 Votes

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
Very quick review for the very early build:

This is the fantasy brothel simulator I always pictured should exist but didn't. It's almost uncanny how well it fits into the niche I felt was always missing. It has cute and simple visuals, is aesthetically pleasing AND a well designed base for a proper gameplay loop.

Cons:
- this is a personal one, but I like more things to manage, the core gameplay feels too simplistic (but that's gonna be a good thing for a lot of other people I imagine) - maybe just for now...?
- hard mode is currently impossible. You're guaranteed to go into deficit every day and there's no way out of the debt. I can't git gud after ~4 resets
- a bit of a sameface syndrome on the character generator art
- tits too small :cry:

Thenaós

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2023
Very quick review for the very early build:

This is the fantasy brothel simulator I always pictured should exist but didn't. It's almost uncanny how well it fits into the niche I felt was always missing. It has cute and simple visuals, is aesthetically pleasing AND a well designed base for a proper gameplay loop.

Cons:
- this is a personal one, but I like more things to manage, the core gameplay feels too simplistic (but that's gonna be a good thing for a lot of other people I imagine) - maybe just for now...?
- hard mode is currently impossible. You're guaranteed to go into deficit every day and there's no way out of the debt. I can't git gud after ~4 resets
- a bit of a sameface syndrome on the character generator art
- tits too small :cry:
Thank you for your enthusiasm ^v^ Yeah, we kinda felt the same lack you did and decided to fill it up ourselves, hope you also like where it goes!

As for your cons:
- The core gameplay is bound to build upon the basis we have now. We wanted something solid and fun already to expand.

- The hard mode is designed to be a handful, yeah. We haven't balanced it as much as the other modes, but it's going to get more attention!

- Welp, that generator is a lot of work already... But nothing prevents us from adding more variations when we're done dealing with higher priority stuff! And more races will mean more details as we go...

- Small tiddies bestiddies (we can add more sizes in the future don't worry) :whistle:

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
- Welp, that generator is a lot of work already... But nothing prevents us from adding more variations when we're done dealing with higher priority stuff! And more races will mean more details as we go...
To elaborate a bit on what I meant: the facial alternatives so far are more different expressions rather than different faces.
On the other hand, even though I'm not an artist myself, I'm well aware facial uniqueness is a difficult aspect of any style.
I'd recommend experimenting with different nose and lip shapes (they are all currently the same), as well as adding small details: freckles, beauty marks, crow's feet, different types of eyebrows. Anything that can make the characters feel more unique instead of being clones helps IMO.

If your artist would feels particularly brave, you could even try making the facial appearance scale with the beauty stat... the aforementioned fuller lips and a smaller nose come to mind. So do luscious eye lashes.

- Small tiddies bestiddies (we can add more sizes in the future don't worry) :whistle:
We can meet in the middle and I'll consider the matter closed if you add an F (for "flat") and XXL sizes. :BootyTime:

Reactions: amaiakagane

Thenaós

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2023
To elaborate a bit on what I meant: the facial alternatives so far are more different expressions rather than different faces.
On the other hand, even though I'm not an artist myself, I'm well aware facial uniqueness is a difficult aspect of any style.
I'd recommend experimenting with different nose and lip shapes (they are all currently the same), as well as adding small details: freckles, beauty marks, crow's feet, different types of eyebrows. Anything that can make the characters feel more unique instead of being clones helps IMO.

If your artist would feels particularly brave, you could even try making the facial appearance scale with the beauty stat... the aforementioned fuller lips and a smaller nose come to mind. So do luscious eye lashes.
I'm the team artist and I say with confidence that upcoming updates are going to have more in the areas you mentionned :p
We should build upon the diversity as it goes, depending on how much we can give it priority.

We can meet in the middle and I'll consider the matter closed if you add an F (for "flat") and XXL sizes. :BootyTime:
Wait and see :BootyTime:

kokmaker

Dec 12, 2022
I'm the team artist and I say with confidence that upcoming updates are going to have more in the areas you mentionned :p
We should build upon the diversity as it goes, depending on how much we can give it priority.

Wait and see :BootyTime:
Sounds really promising. I do hope the additional NSFW content isn't only a reward for hitting certain goals or milestones. Personally I prefer the gameplay to be the core erotic content which is why I really like these type of games. Of course having it addition is always welcome. Monster Black Market had me feeling a slightly disappointed when I unlocked the H scenes and had me wishing the brothel/breeding stuff was a tad better, adds replayability. Seeing this game in it's early form doesn't seem like it's heading in that direction, but just my two cents. Artistic integrity is more important than just my opinion after all.

Thenaós

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2023
Hello everyone!

I'm proud to announce that we just released our NEW PUBLIC VERSION (0.6.2) ^v^!​

Here's its content:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

By the way, I'm calling mods (once more ^^') to replace the links in the OP, cause we still don't have a patreon (and it's gonna stay so) and the itch.io link is outdated and leads to an old demo, meanwhile you can find the link to the actual game here →
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(We also updated the thumbnail, it would be appreciated if it'd be replaced too plz)

qwerwerterty

Jan 7, 2019
I find funny how people don't know that brothel simulators are ntr, that is the reason why some add self inserts. Is so you can get the girls you want for yourself.

Lenesiah

Aug 2, 2017
good premisces, nice art too ! Will definitly follow where it goes ! ;)

Some cons tho :
- Tutorial is kinda "misleading", asking to teach your girls, and then no energy for first client and probably the girl will pass out, kinda frustrating !
- option for adding one more floor is grey colored, tryed to click and... yeah, it worked, should have saved before testing x). My point is, buttons should have a different color for active state, unity does that easily ^^
- droping one girl happiness to zero in the last period make her leave instantly, tuto says "one day after", seems to be the end of the current day tho...
- end day's reports either happens too fast, or are too big to see all, and we can't scroll up or down to see details (btw, a sumary of expense last day/week/month is probably planned, but if not, well, it would be nice to have at some point ^^)

Speaking of details :
- art is good, but to fully enjoy it, one have to zoom (nothing tells that one can tho, just happy I tryed the scroll wheel !), but then, one can only scroll holding RMB, can you implement a border defiling screen ? or arrow movement (both ?)
- art might benefit some contrast, smiles and shadow boobs are a bit too ligth making it hard to see, even when zooming.
- zooming is "mandatory" to see girls' stats in contextual menu.

last one ! As appreciated are contextual menu (really a good point there) a bit more information on stamina/happiness cost (when working) & regen (sleeping/vacation) would be great !

The games have some good idea and design, hope you the best ! =)

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Sorry for some of this, not trying to be a broken record.

Start off is hell, tells you to teach them then bam, clients but no stamina. I would suggest starting the player with ether free potions and or make that first learning eat less stamina. I would say make easy mode req less stamina plus free porions to start. Normal mode just free porions but less of them, hard mode with no potions and if you want req even more stamina.

Text is way to small, the appeal of this game is its stat management, rather weaksouce you wouldnt capitalize on that.

Some might like the aspect of total management, 90% of casual gamers DO NOT. Were a lazy bunch. My suggestion is hire-able managers that auto do things for the player (like auto assign girls and clients to a free room, auto put girls who are tired or unhappy in dormitories for sleep or break rooms for happiness) but req stuff. Like rank, special room, daily wage, etc. This will acually be good those who want to micro manage it all can do so by not hiring them and those who dont can ease to enjoy other aspects of your game.

I get its maybe not a thing that might appeal to all, however clothing is a thing that does it for me. But, not your normal clothing nope, lewd and obscene. Lingerie is a thing. Adding that customizable option can be on par for this game. Like certain lingerie adds traits or increases certain stats.

Room, variety plus additional rooms for added stats, ect. Like a bar for serving alcohol and girls waitressing the bar, a stage with girls stripping, a acual bath (yea, more on this further down) for girls to bath clients, and much more.

In addition to the above, basic RPG mechanic, but let's do it differently. Rooms have stats, rooms can be equipped with a # of props based on room, rooms stats can not only attract better customers but also effect there experience/payout. (Sex dungeon anyone)

Lastly, your missing a few mechanics that are usually core to these types of games, mainly the a cleaning mechanic and/or a nutrition mechanic. Having the girls do these are usualy a way to squeeze in more management. A girl to keep the place clean, girls needing to bathe to stay clean, a girl to cook and provide meals for the other girls. A nutrition stat that effects stamina is usually key and a clean/dirty stat that can effect health and or happiness of the girl and ether improve or decrease customer experience, yep some dudes like a dirty girl, and that's literally.

Slash179

May 26, 2019
So basically clients care only about race/breastsize/skills.
idk, irl people sometimes don't really care about "skills" that much (unless BDSM), but care about tangible things such as, for example, weight/height/bodyhair/hairlength/eyecolor/haircolor/skincolor/penissize of a prostitute.
Overall, not bad, but feels too much like a marginally improved damenhaus (only generic male clients, only female prostitutes). Well, at least it's turn-based.
P.s. adding cooking/cleaning mechanics like guy above wants sounds like just adding some boring daily routine, glad that this game does without them. You pay wage daily, girls feed/clean/shit themselves when they regen stamina, and cleaning service is a part of daily rent, that's how I see it.

Slash179

May 26, 2019
Also could have client likes depend on archetype. Here is an example.
Normie: 1-2 simple preferences, don't pay much; common likes - human, not low weight (i.e. BBW), big breast, female.
Gym bro: a bit more preferences, pay above average; common likes - male (i.e. gachimuchi).
Nerd: a plenty of preferences (often nuanced, like eye color or foot size), high pay; common likes - catgirl/succubus, small height, trap.
Rich: a plethora of preferences, huge pay; common likes - beauty(i.e. elves), tall, low weight, small breast, dominatrix.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
I love this type of game, hope to see the progress of it, anyone knows more like this one?
I find "Marionette" by Imperial Gorilla to be similar to this one. Except it's cyberpunk, so you'll be spending most of your effort on fighting off competitors and bad customers.
It is kind of funny that having this kind of business in a fantasy world is much safer.

Don't listen to people who compare it to Monster Black Market. In that one, brothel-keeping is just a side hustle to your main business of getting monsters to rape slaves and butchering them all once they have outlived their usefulness.

Reactions: Pepijnm

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Also could have client likes depend on archetype. Here is an example.
Normie: 1-2 simple preferences, don't pay much; common likes - human, not low weight (i.e. BBW), big breast, female.
Gym bro: a bit more preferences, pay above average; common likes - male (i.e. gachimuchi).
Nerd: a plenty of preferences (often nuanced, like eye color or foot size), high pay; common likes - catgirl/succubus, small height, trap.
Rich: a plethora of preferences, huge pay; common likes - beauty(i.e. elves), tall, low weight, small breast, dominatrix.
In the current version, they do have customer types, with the general trend of the richer customers being harder to please. Commoners and adventurers tend to have traits like "Likes elves and big breasts", while aristocrats mostly have traits like "Hates dragonborn, beastmen, communists and hates your guts too".

• Haha
Reactions: Thenaós

PepperMan

Dec 7, 2020
So been playing the game a while now. Exclusivly on hard mode because I like suffering.

Haphazardly made it to next Established reputation (second level) then restarted a new save to redo it and see if I learned anything so I could get there feeling like I know what I was doing. Took 2-3 tries while I experimented some alternate starting strats but it worked pretty well.

I won't comment on balance since the game is actually some content patches ahead so it's hard to judge it all but I was really feeling the need for some general tooltips/info and QoL features.

1. My biggest wish, a button on dormrooms to gather the 3 most tired units not placed in dormrooms. A similar feature for the big waiting rooms is also is. Could also do with a threshold forwhich they autoexit the dormroom after resting enough time. I enjoy the planning of the micromanagement but would just like QoL to make it take less time for obvious decisions.
  2. A similar button but for placing the highest placing customers in all availble rooms
  3. I'd have liked some better overview of the various races stat growthrates.
  4. UI fontsize controls. On 4K monitor the customers payment just looks overall very tiny and sometimes it compresses certain number so hard they disappear (see image for how 361 looks). In general basically everything that doesn't originate from the sidemenu could probably be enlarged by 50-100%. Sometimes even bigger
  5. Some way to mark my units. I got 3 demons that look almost identical and I'd like to mark the best one so I don't have to look through them one by one. In a similar vein I'd like to mark all my rookie units
  6. I'd really love to see an actual breakdown of turn earnings. I have no idea if it's worth my time doing a yellow hand merchant customer. Based on early game feelings anything below light green/thumb up) felt like a waste of stamina.
And while i presume it was found and fixed, I several times found units that seemed to have a demonrace girl behind them which gives elf/humans horns and a third arm of different skin colour.

Reactions: flannan
3.60 star(s) 12 Votes