e7z

Nov 2, 2019
My background music sounds like that are lagging with weird noise, It might be something in the game code, I tested my headphones and the original soundtrack from \Jack-o-nine-tails v2.1\game\content\snd\ I also installed the loli mod, just wanna ask does anyone else have this problem or just me

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
My background music sounds like that are lagging without weird noise, It might be something in the game code, I tested my headphones and the original soundtrack from \Jack-o-nine-tails v2.1\game\content\snd\ I also installed the loli mod, just wanna ask does anyone else have this problem or just me
Can you capture a video so we can hear for ourselves how it sounds?

Reactions: Lokplart

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Would it be possible to get a link to the latest download version ?because i am very confused pls.
:)
The link to the dev versions of the game is in the first post of this thread, under the downloads.
Click it and it will take you to another thread on this forum.
Follow the "installation tutorial" there for whatever version you want to download and you're good.

Saintjohn1987

Jul 5, 2020
The link to the dev versions of the game is in the first post of this thread, under the downloads.
Click it and it will take you to another thread on this forum.
Follow the "installation tutorial" there for whatever version you want to download and you're good.
So you mean the latest version link under mega ?
Then download game-base-master
And media-base-master?

e7z

Nov 2, 2019
Can you capture a video so we can hear for ourselves how it sounds?
Sorry This reply take me a while

Before I start the game, I restart the computer, checked my driver's update, I use the Game bar to record this video (Win+G)
Here is the video: (too large for attachment)

Edit: I just realize I type "without" instead of" with" in my original reply, Really sorry for the confusion, I understand why you need a video because of my typo.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017

Before I start the game, I restart the computer, checked my driver's update, I use the Game bar to record this video (Win+G)
Alright, I had the same problem happen to me 8 months ago. That was when I activated Full Screen once during the game session.

Then for some reason, I could never reproduce this bug again and never did someone else, so I thought this was solved somehow.

It's a weird one for sure... I'll put it in the Roadmap, hoping we can find out how to solve it.

Reactions: e7z

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018

Alright, I had the same problem happen to me 8 months ago. That was when I activated Full Screen once during the game session.

Then for some reason, I could never reproduce this bug again and never did someone else, so I thought this was solved somehow.

It's a weird one for sure... I'll put it in the Roadmap, hoping we can find out how to solve it.
I can not replicate this for the life of me. It's most probably caused by how QSP loads and plays the sounds and if that's true, that's way above what I can do.

But lets try a few things.
e7777z777 Can you do me a favor? Since you can replicate this consistently, could you please, start a sandbox game, go into settings, turn the music volume to 0, and try to like fuck your assistant a few times. Does it happen to those sounds as well?

If it doesn't happen to those sounds, can you please go into Jack-o-nine-tails V2.1/Qgen and open qgen.exe
Hit "CTRL+O", then load "jack.qsp" from the "game" folder
A couple folders will appear on the left, open "interface" and search for "main_screen". Open that by double clicking it.
At line 30 you will find this line:
Code:
if sound_on = 1: play $main_sound, music_volume, 'only, loop'
Replace it with this line:
Code:
if sound_on = 1: play $main_sound, music_volume
Hit "CTRL+S", close qgen.exe, open the game and tell me if that fixed the music for the house

Last edited:

e7z

Nov 2, 2019
I can not replicate this for the life of me. It's most probably caused by how QSP loads and plays the sounds and if that's true, that's way above what I can do.

But lets try a few things.
e7777z777 Can you do me a favor? Since you can replicate this consistently, could you please, start a sandbox game, go into settings, turn the music volume to 0, and try to like fuck your assistant a few times. Does it happen to those sounds as well?

If it doesn't happen to those sounds, can you please go into Jack-o-nine-tails V2.1/Qgen and open qgen.exe
Hit "CTRL+O", then load "jack.qsp" from the "game" folder
A couple folders will appear on the left, open "interface" and search for "main_screen". Open that by double clicking it.
At line 30 you will find this line:
Code:
if sound_on = 1: play $main_sound, music_volume, 'only, loop'
Replace it with this line:
Code:
if sound_on = 1: play $main_sound, music_volume
Hit "CTRL+S", close qgen.exe, open the game and tell me if that fixed the music for the house
Here is the (why youtube remove my previous video, any suggestion for different service to upload videos?)

Sorry I am unable to turn the music off in the setting but I believe that all sounds are broken

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Here is the (why youtube remove my previous video, any suggestion for different service to upload videos?)

Sorry I am unable to turn the music off in the setting but I believe that all sounds are broken
Just throwing this out, but what happen if you throw in the old files music? (from older versions). Maybe are the new musics "too heavy" to handle?

e7z

Nov 2, 2019
Just throwing this out, but what happen if you throw in the old files music? (from older versions). Maybe are the new musics "too heavy" to handle?
I am happy to try it out but do you have a link for the download?

e7z

Nov 2, 2019
Well, I download 1.7.3 and I open that version of the game and the music is still broken.
Maybe there is something wrong with my OS? I am using Windows 10 Home Edition, Version: 1903, OS build: 18362.900

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Well, I download 1.7.3 and I open that version of the game and the music is still broken.
Maybe there is something wrong with my OS? I am using Windows 10 Home Edition, Version: 1903, OS build: 18362.900
Yeah.. seems like the problem is engine related.

I'm just throwing rocks at the wall now but,
Try giving the game high priority in the task manager? (Do NOT set it on "real time").
Try opening the game as admin?

e7z

Nov 2, 2019
Yeah.. seems like the problem is engine related.

I'm just throwing rocks at the wall now but,
Try giving the game high priority in the task manager? (Do NOT set it on "real time").
Try opening the game as admin?
I tried both things and it does not seem to fix the problem

• Sad

Lokplart

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
Dang... I have no idea why this is happening.. I just tried the game on a win10 machine and I don't have that problem on it..

I'm out of ideas... sorry...

e7z

Nov 2, 2019
Dang... I have no idea why this is happening.. I just tried the game on a win10 machine and I don't have that problem on it..

I'm out of ideas... sorry...
I see there is a video link on the roadmap, but it broken, so I made a link for that same video.

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
I see there is a video link on the roadmap, but it broken, so I made a link for that same video.
I suggest to forget about it and just play it without background music. I don't know about 2.1 but in 1.7.5, that even had a more relaxing music, it slowly get tedious after hours of playing.

Enjoy the game, forget about the sound.. and maybe in a couple of win 10 updates the problem will fix by itself.

Pro tip to myself: keep sticking to win 7 :cool:

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes