Flying Geaser

Jun 30, 2021
Not hard, but there's not enough space for some weapons' texts lol, descriptions have already been shorten to "acc", "unstd".
Maybe the game should have a high res UI version
Those look really good! Ya combat I always have to recheck the wiki to see what each modifier does, but those make it rather obvious what does what. If you could put the icons next to the attack buttons in the bottom UI (where it says in your screenshot Slash (stff/acc) Arc hit (Unstd/Adr) and so forth) That might be good too maybe? I have no idea how hard that would be of course. But yea. I think those icons look super useful!
I'm still confused on which enemy's defense state is required for either effect. I could give the wiki another go for this. Nevertheless it could be clearer if the effects had the color of the required enemy defense state, so if the Great axe's unsteady requires enemy to block, it should be red.

Reactions: joeshmo828282

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
Nevertheless it could be clearer if the effects had the color of the required enemy defense state, so if the Great axe's unsteady requires enemy to block, it should be red.
Now that is a really good idea too! cant be too hard to color some texts... probably a bit tedious though to do it for each weapon. If someone wanted to show me how to do it, and they thought showing me would be easier than just doing it themselves, id be willing to do it.

I hope that made sense.

Reactions: Flying Geaser

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
I feel like there is some funky bits with respect to energy and the end of the day. If a tough slaver ends the day with a half star remaining, the next day he starts with 4.5 stars, vs 5 if he were to end the day with zero stars. A slave that ends the day with .5 stars will take a 1 star snooze, starting the next day with a half star which is often a little awkward. I have a save game which should show this very easily if you want to just end the day, you can see that they both start off star values which feel awkward.

Obviously I have a workaround. Sending the slaver to a random district, then back home clears how his half star... but, unless I am missing something, the only way to clear a slave's half star is via a walk around town? Which is really quite awkward both when you want to give her that reward when she has full stars, and makes you want to immediately do it again to clear the half star.

I also have a suggestion, on the whole "follows the rules?" tool tip. Most of the rules tell you if enforced rules is needed nor not. At least the rules I am using... except one. It would be really nice to have something like "No masturbation: (Slave name) often tugs and paws at her chastity belt when she thinks you are not paying attention. It seems she desperately wants to touch what no longer belongs to her." And "No masturbation: (slave name) ignores her chastity belt beyond the occasional shifting to avoid chafing. It seems like she is either not interested in masturbation or simply obedient enough to ignore her desires."

It is a bit of a complicated rule I suppose, so please dont think I am demanding this or any other change. what you have done is really great, and I just want to kinda contribute back somehow.

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
So. I have been trying to figure out what affection is. Because every girl is ALWAYS mentions when asking "how do you feel?" "Every girl needs a bit of affection from time to time"... and right now on this save file, I have both that message, and this message "It is nice to feel someone's care and affection"

Like. Shouldn't those be opposite messages? Like, "fair words please..." if you recently gave praise and "you havent even told me a fair word" if you haven't praised in a while. It feels like I have this malice to mood which I can not remove.

Or perhaps are you using it as some sort of work around? i know you guys somehow sort of mellowed out mood swings.

Zero2362

Feb 14, 2018
How do you increase the player characters strength level? I only have 1 star of energy each day and I dont know how to fix it

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
A new update was released yesterday :KappaPride: 2.2.2, with all the new features from latest dev' snapshot. It's mostly a few bug fixes and some balance tweaks. But it should be the best, most balanced and complete version released so far.

While 2.0, 2.2 and 2.2.1 were my love letters to this game, this new version is all made by ImperatorAugustusTertius, so props to him. He had already worked on the game for more than a year, so I'm sure it will be good.

On a side note, I'm noticing that I've now been involved in JONT's development for 3 years; that's crazy, and amazing. I still remember that my first and only goals were to merge the pictures of v1.7.3 and v1.7.5 as well as replace the censored pictures. Then it evolved into collaborating with other modders; some had already worked on the game before. This led to making visual overhauls, soundtrack overhauls, balance overhauls... All of that with a lot of intended respect for the original game experience, so that it feels like there'd always be continuity in game-feel and design philosophy.

With that in mind, I think this will be the last stable version we'll be releasing for a while; which means you can enjoy starting from scratch if you haven't played recently. But it also means that, being busy with personal lives, we have no immediate ways to implement what we wanted for 2.3 (new quests and progression overhaul, new fighting system, etc.).

One thing however, v2.2.1 didn't gain any popularity as opposed to previous releases, because the moderators forgot to bump it in the Latest Updates section of the website. Which means veterans couldn't see that a new update was released and that recent users couldn't discover the game. If this new version gains attraction, it might relaunch interest for the game, and create a new development cycle, in that case I'll keep on updating everything on the OP and working with the development team, which we hope will expend and make a v2.3 possible. :lepew:

In any case, the moderators should soon add mirrors in the OP. We hope you'll enjoy this new version very much and that it is bugfree and balanced as planned. :)

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
How do you increase the player characters strength level? I only have 1 star of energy each day and I dont know how to fix it
The most intuitive way you can think of. Try to think by yourself, how you'd increase your strength in real life.

Good food, and fighting against strong opponents

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Besides uncensorship and size demands, any other requirements of pics?
Yes! :)

From the top of my mind:
- No sex in normal scenes (no penetration during cook lessons, no vibrators or dildo during petplay, etc.)
- No overly cartoonish proportions and faces (let's say that Matsumoto in Bleach should be around the max in terms of breasts to waist ratio).
- No text bubbles inside the pictures
- If possible, no hearts (in eyes and next to the face). I tried to always photoshop it out on pictures I added.
- No japanese writing in the picture. I tried to always photoshop it out too.
- No black&white pictures
- No TV/smartphones/laptop/microwaves...
- No visible skyscraper or airplanes at a window.
- Avoid direct references to pop culture that are not lore justifiable. For exemple, seeing a pikachu in a picture looking at misty getting fucked...
- No other people than the participants of a scene seeable in the picture (if you're adding a blowjob scene, there shouldn't be male or female spectator visible)
- Avoid aehago
- No girls with penis
- Avoid comic book style and prefer japanese manga style (for scenes, western style backgrounds and npcs are fine)
- Always take the most lossless quality for the picture you add

It might seem like a lot, but it's all common sense in reality. The rule of thumb is to make the game as believable as possible.

I'll add that for size demands, never resize one without respecting the aspect ratio. If resizing an image that is too small, always do it with an IA software like Gigapixel to avoid shitty quality. Never leave any transparent part in a picture. And feel free to reproduce the current pattern of pictures (filling in vertical black bars with a gradient of the two most dominent colors of the picture's background). (y)

Reactions: sarinee

Venyas

Jan 20, 2018
congrats on the new update. Fingers crossed this gets traction and that the whispers of pregnancy getting added become a thing but otherwise ty for the hard work and time invested.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Every now and again I download this, only to give up and delete it a few hours later.

I find the combat system really frustrating.

Celerarity

Apr 23, 2018
Just wanted to swing in this update and thank the hard working devs for keeping this community development going and making the game what it is today.

The new housing costs seem a little brutal but you can always cheap out and just deal until you bank up enough sparks so I suppose it's not really a run-ender.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Every now and again I download this, only to give up and delete it a few hours later.

I find the combat system really frustrating.
The combat system hasn't changed much but it was tweaked a lot. For exemple, there were some bugs due to typos in the code, which would make some weapons deal very low damage (from what I remember).

Besides, you don't have to fight. If you want you or your slaves to be fighters, you can, but the game offers you the liberty to be a wimp and pacify your way through the game credits. Great for roleplay (y)

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Can't believe this is still alive.

So many good memories.

I remember my still playthrough when I decided I absolutely have to play "Benevolent slavemaker", so I started on the hardest difficulty, and kept rescuing girls from the slums until I finally managed to train one to act as my housemaid.

Good times.

Jamsalad

Mar 22, 2018
yeah changes definitely seem to just increase the difficulty , which is unfortunate. like others im happy to see this game get an update though. the only thing that would make it perfect for me , would be if you could actually keep your kids / pregnant slaves.

Reactions: DracZ

Strathie

Oct 8, 2021
I have an error in Version 2.2.2 (no-loli-edition) which calls " MSVCR120.dll not found" I have searched for it in my system and it is correctly installed and registered. so what can I do to run the game?

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes