Arrkhon

Mar 6, 2020
No sparks, no service.
I agree, we shouldn't even be able to enter stores without 500 sparks in the pocket, after all their sparks detectors would ping us as too poor to even be able to see their wares
Are you going to defend slaves dying randomly next?

Edit:
Huh, nearly no images are compressed, neither is audio
File size of most of media folders could easily be cut in half or more with minimal to no difference in quality which would also speed up the game a bit when switching screens

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Are you going to defend slaves dying randomly next?
It would be better if they die pseudo-randomly.

File size of most of media folders could easily be cut in half or more with minimal to no difference in quality which would also speed up the game a bit when switching screens
Some people are more sensitive to "minimal" difference than others. If you'd like to put together some scripts that can automate the compression of the media, we could add them as an option for players who want to save space, although 1.5 GB is not that much by the standards of modern games.

SportyVarying

Feb 17, 2020
Hello! I'm playing v2.2.1 and there is no option to restore fertility of Isabella from Border of Fogs. She's an assistant. She's sterile as by default, I gave her permanent lactation, and she has fully recovered since the last surgery, does it somehow disable fertility? I have got enough sparks. I'd like to give her egg laying. IIRC it didn't work like that in previous versions.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hello! I'm playing v2.2.1 and there is no option to restore fertility of Isabella from Border of Fogs. She's an assistant. She's sterile as by default, I gave her permanent lactation, and she has fully recovered since the last surgery, does it somehow disable fertility? I have got enough sparks. I'd like to give her egg laying. IIRC it didn't work like that in previous versions.
Lactation and egglaying are mutually exclusive.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Well, I'm back.
Can we attach some logos as an addition to or replacing buff & debuff texts ? like these.
They are much intuitive than texts.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Every new repeatable interaction event is accompanied with a lot of pics, that costs a lot of time...

Jazzpunk

Jul 7, 2017
Coming back here and reading the progress being done to the game is... disappointing to put it bluntly. Is this all that has been done and is being planned for the future? Bug fixes (ok fair) and balance changes? Reading the changelog and roadmap was probably less of a waste of time than playing it. Like what does it matter if rent is more expensive? As I remember, not including the worst house, the only major differences are the background images. Is there really a need to not only change it but spend time calculating an appropriate cost for rent?

It seems like the development of this game is aimed at an extremely narrow audience of an already niche game. I enjoyed playing this game almost two years ago, but it became very repetitive and boring at one point. I'm sad that it hasn't changed.

Reactions: krustus

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Coming back here and reading the progress being done to the game is... disappointing to put it bluntly. Is this all that has been done and is being planned for the future? Bug fixes (ok fair) and balance changes? Reading the changelog and roadmap was probably less of a waste of time than playing it. Like what does it matter if rent is more expensive? As I remember, not including the worst house, the only major differences are the background images. Is there really a need to not only change it but spend time calculating an appropriate cost for rent?

It seems like the development of this game is aimed at an extremely narrow audience of an already niche game. I enjoyed playing this game almost two years ago, but it became very repetitive and boring at one point. I'm sad that it hasn't changed.
I notice that you have not offered any suggestions whatsoever about what you would like to see in the game. Your criticism is not constructive.

Large content additions require large efforts. Would you like to volunteer? sarinee has been working on a content expansion and sharing progress in the thread.

From my perspective as a player, I started modding the game to make it more fun for me, and I’ve shared those changes with the community. For me, the core gameplay loop is enjoyable when it is challenging. That means there needs to be a way to fail.

At the moment, running out of sparks is the primary bad end that needs to be avoided. Therefore, economic rebalancing to make cashflow an ongoing concern. At the same time, there are inconveniences and perks that motivate changing residence and “progressing” in various ways.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
From my perspective as a player, I started modding the game to make it more fun for me, and I’ve shared those changes with the community. For me, the core gameplay loop is enjoyable when it is challenging. That means there needs to be a way to fail.

At the moment, running out of sparks is the primary bad end that needs to be avoided. Therefore, economic rebalancing to make cashflow an ongoing concern. At the same time, there are inconveniences and perks that motivate changing residence and “progressing” in various ways.
What about considering enriching more uniqueness of four districts, they're quite different in game lore but not very much in gameplay. They should possess more unique and repeatable intersections with your daily training loop. Personally, I expect you can make it more fun to play in mid or late game period, enrich their contents based on the currently available contents.

Last week one came to ask me something about this game's codes. But I noticed in his screenshots that he cheated his sparks to 99999. Of course we cannot avoid players cheating even if we didn't set much repetitive works in the game, but it is obviously not reasonable to focus on the sparks to unlock nearly all the game contents, besides sparks, more driving forces are still needed.
The variable protection from abnormal changes in $newloc is proved to be a good way to avoid cheating.

In the training loop, the main limit factors to train an S+ slave are, your ability and time, the latter can be solved through various ways as long as you can live, the former can be solved by lesson and tutor help from the guild, yes it's still a matter of sparks. As long as you have enough sparks, you can train an S+ slave, no matter where you live in, how well you are living, how famous you are, how capable you are.... Arena combat rewards are about sparks, the rent in different districts are about sparks, slave's rank is about sparks, the noble status and purchasing house is about sparks....Sounds somehow monotonous right?
We talked about earlier how to make the process of training her form B+ to S+ more strategic (solving her selfish demands, balancing her fearness, spoil etc.), Then we are supposed to involve more factors, especially your living condition & quality into training loop, other than money.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Of course, these focus on the mid & late period of the game, and need a lot of work, and I didn't provide pratical details, but we are not in a hurry, you are really talented and thoughtful, if you would like, we can talk about it (maybe in a private conversation) and make progress little by little.
After I finish my mods, I would like to adjust the active sex part.
We always need to complete the main content design part first, and then do the fine-tuning of the values.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As a thought experiment, what if you could not raise the skill levels of your slave above the greater of B+ or your standard of living? A+ standard of living is only possible if you live in the Bull or Necropolis or White Town, so this would limit you to producing B+ or lower-ranked slaves if you live in the Slums or Outcasts or Serpentine. And you'd have to move to the Necropolis or White Town to reach S+ standard of living to train S+ slaves. Living in White Town is currently restricted to patricians, but we could make a special exception if you complete the Cardinal's A+ mission, so you'd be able to move to White Town to work on your masterpiece for the Pope. It's a bit contrived, but the rationale would be that you can't train a slave for high society if you aren't actually living that lifestyle.

We could make it more specific, so certain skills would be capped but not all of them. For example, elocution and secretary skill being linked to standard of living makes more sense than witchcraft, nursing or alchemy. Dance, music and painting could also be capped by standard of living. So A+/S+ artist or assistant specialization would be out of reach if you don't live in high society. This would be an issue for the Outcasts because General Carnis wants an A+ assistant, but we could tweak his requirements.

Last edited:

Jazzpunk

Jul 7, 2017
I notice that you have not offered any suggestions whatsoever about what you would like to see in the game. Your criticism is not constructive.

Large content additions require large efforts. Would you like to volunteer? sarinee has been working on a content expansion and sharing progress in the thread.
I did, a year ago. I suggested some kind of brothel management and/or mercenary group. Someone responded that it was planned and the only issue would be the lore aspect, which would be easy to solve. I fully understand that it ain't easy and something like that would take time, but that isn't the only change that can be done. The introduction of minor quests or unique characters could spice thing up, specially late game. It's extremely dull to fullfill the nobles (the only NPCs?) requests doing the same thing for every single one of them. Why not spice things up? Give some of them unique quests, no need to be elaborate.

Let me make something on the spot. NPC asks you to train an unique slave to be an expert dancer, one catch, the slave doesn't have limbs. You could go on a quest in search of a potion that regrows limbs involving combat or you could negotiate with the cyber doctor to develop prosthesis in exchange for a slave. Just adding 1-2 extra steps to the request using the already existing mechanics, but changing the context to make it feel different. Like idk, a game.

And no, I'm not interested in being part of the development..

That is fair and all but as you said, It is for you. Just going back a few pages and every page has a comment about the difficulty. I remember it being hard at the start and easy once you get over the hump. Making the hump further away from the start seems more unrewarding since once you get over it, you do the same thing as before. What you want of the game would be good for a higher difficulty option once you become bored of the base game.

Just look at other management games: Rimworld, Factorio, Satisfactory, etc. Once you get over the difficulty hump the game rewards you with new toys to play with to make it easier for you or the ability to do some new cool stuff. The games become easier the more you play, the difficulty of acquiring resources or money shrinks the more you play but a new hurdle appears. Being able to manage it and the satisfaction of doing it properly. Is not so much about numbers going up, but how you made it go up. This is after all an adult game and not Accountant Simulator 2022.

That's my two cents, you do whatever you want to do. You don't have to make a game that I would like more, just wish it did.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I did, a year ago. I suggested some kind of brothel management and/or mercenary group. Someone responded that it was planned and the only issue would be the lore aspect, which would be easy to solve. I fully understand that it ain't easy and something like that would take time, but that isn't the only change that can be done. The introduction of minor quests or unique characters could spice thing up, specially late game. It's extremely dull to fullfill the nobles (the only NPCs?) requests doing the same thing for every single one of them. Why not spice things up? Give some of them unique quests, no need to be elaborate.
There are 107 unique NPCs, of which 18 of them are "nobles" (13 of them ask for A+ and 5 ask for S+).

Let me make something on the spot. NPC asks you to train an unique slave to be an expert dancer, one catch, the slave doesn't have limbs. You could go on a quest in search of a potion that regrows limbs involving combat or you could negotiate with the cyber doctor to develop prosthesis in exchange for a slave. Just adding 1-2 extra steps to the request using the already existing mechanics, but changing the context to make it feel different. Like idk, a game.
I like the concept.

That is fair and all but as you said, It is for you. Just going back a few pages and every page has a comment about the difficulty. I remember it being hard at the start and easy once you get over the hump. Making the hump further away from the start seems more unrewarding since once you get over it, you do the same thing as before. What you want of the game would be good for a higher difficulty option once you become bored of the base game.
The "hump" was practically nonexistent before. With the old economy, you could take out a loan on day 1, repay it immediately, take a larger loan, and that still gave you ample sparks and time to train a good enough slave to make sparks a non-issue from that point forward. If you were smart and waited to take a loan until you needed it, it was even easier.

It's true that once you get past the "hump," the game becomes fairly repetitive, which is a problem we still need to solve. But, getting to that point is now more fun, at least for me, because there are more factors to balance. It's not just watching your sparks, which are now a more limited resource. You also need to keep up the master's strength, which now diminishes if he doesn't get enough exercise or high-quality food, and make efficient use of the master's energy (especially before you get the Bull ring, which is less accessible with higher recurring costs, because it requires you to give up a slave). You need to adjust diets based on what you're doing (or spend 5$/day for a nutritionist, until you have a high-nurse-skill assistant or high-medical-skill master) to avoid starving the slave or letting her gain too much weight, and you need to manage the slave's mood so she doesn't get too depressed, and keep an eye on the slave's endurance as various activities impact it, and prepare for arena events every ten days, and work on the master's skills, etc.

Just look at other management games: Rimworld, Factorio, Satisfactory, etc. Once you get over the difficulty hump the game rewards you with new toys to play with to make it easier for you or the ability to do some new cool stuff. The games become easier the more you play, the difficulty of acquiring resources or money shrinks the more you play but a new hurdle appears. Being able to manage it and the satisfaction of doing it properly. Is not so much about numbers going up, but how you made it go up. This is after all an adult game and not Accountant Simulator 2022.
This game gives you new toys to play with, when you can afford them: for example, the barn and the dungeon allow you to train multiple slaves simultaneously, and the dungeon gives you more options for punishment; developing the master's skills gives you access to useful spells, makes Affect actions effective, makes rewards and punishments more effective, etc. Armor and weapons and strength and fighting skill and potions open up the "patrol at the border of the fogs" combat mini-game.

Slaves with different attributes or traits are more differentiated now too, so using different approaches is encouraged, particularly on higher difficulty settings.

That's my two cents, you do whatever you want to do. You don't have to make a game that I would like more, just wish it did.
Thanks for the suggestions. There's certainly more to be done in terms of post-scarcity content and adding variety.

If you want to try the latest version to see the changes I was describing above, you can find it here: https://f95zone.to/posts/7679130/

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
I have what I believe is a bug in the 2.2.2 dev version. I got it off the gitgud site yesterday, so hopefully it is as up to date as it can be. I have attached a save file, and it reproduces for me every time. Poor Tamara has a Temperament of Apathetic +9, and when she does something that should raise Temperament (golden cage, entertain me > gymnatstics, ect...) Her Temperament, instead of raising to cold, resets to 0. First time I thought maybe you all had added a hidden rank below F- or something, but this is the second time this run I have managed to get her to +9 temperament, and had it reset on me.

As you can also see by the save, I have probably lost this run, my fault for setting my stats to frail I guess... but if a bug can be fixed, it is worth it. Last time I played was ~1.8 or so, and I can tell there are a lot of good changes, but looks like something slipped in there, cause I never had this problem in 1.8.

Or I am an idiot, and there is something I am doing wrong. Always a possibility.
Thanks!

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I have what I believe is a bug in the 2.2.2 dev version
If she is mindbroken (red Sanity trait) then you need to raise her nature first. If you raise her nature to D- and then simultaneously raise her nature and temperament (say, by winning an arena battle), that will get her out of being mindbroken. Alternatively, you can first raise her nature to C- and then raise her temperament to D-, or raise her nature alone to B+...

As you can also see by the save, I have probably lost this run, my fault for setting my stats to frail I guess... but if a bug can be fixed, it is worth it. Last time I played was ~1.8 or so, and I can tell there are a lot of good changes, but looks like something slipped in there, cause I never had this problem in 1.8.
You can buy Kamra from the Mystra in the Outcasts for extra energy. You can also get invigorating massages. You can build up your strength by eating well (restaurant, pub, home cooking if you can get an apartment), and later with vigorous sex (with slave/assistant or at brothel) and exercise (sparring, dance lessons, gladiatrix lessons or athletics training for an obedient slave weaker than you).

Last edited:

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
Ah, I see. Her nature is D-, but if her nature was C- it would be fine. That makes sense. In that case, I'd request that the "sanity" trait mention that Temperament can not raise until nature is higher, and/or progress be stuck at +9 until raising temperament is a possible action. But now I know how to continue. Thanks much!

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes