Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Hello :)

Here is the best way to have conversations about this game as of now (y)

About your strategy, yes, it's totally viable.

Such as you can be a total sadist and succeed in training.

Or you can balance both out in a kind of "tough but fair" way which is my default way of raising slaves.

Do as you see fit, and then if you block the game should normally hint you why (by clicking on the rank for exemple, it tells you what your girl lacks to rank up)
Thanks a lot for your response !

I'm having trouble with the way information is conveyed in the screens
My issue is with Physique at the moment, when it says that the range is between +80/-20, this means that upon reaching -20, the slave will lose a rank in this attribute, correct ?

So, why is my Slave still losing Physique as I try to restrict her diet ? (before that she was eating too much and losing physique too)

She's Voluptuous currently at -11

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Thanks a lot for your response !
You are welcome ;)

I'm having trouble with the way information is conveyed in the screens
My issue is with Physique at the moment, when it says that the range is between +80/-20, this means that upon reaching -20, the slave will lose a rank in this attribute, correct ?
Should be in the opposite order I think but yes

So, why is my Slave still losing Physique as I try to restrict her diet ? (before that she was eating too much and losing physique too)
Well she loses weight, so she loses some "fat points", and therefore goes from "almost fat" to "slim".

It's difficult to lose physique if you eat "too much. Maybe you are referring to seeing a red physique level which corresponds to both anorexic and obese

Lose a bit more weight and she'll be perfect (y)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hello :)
I just started the game and I'm learning the systems little by little on the tutorial slave (Helen), abusing the quicksave to see what the different actions do and how they react.

I wanted to know if there is a place where I can ask questions as I go ? Like a discord server or a reddit ?

For example, so far I am being fair to Helen, kind when I can since she seems to react best to kindness (violence tends to traumatise her).
Is this a viable strategy ? Or am I going at it all wrong ? When I hit her or chatise her, her mood drops off a cliff and she learns poorly. So I figured I would be kind to her, and it's going well, but I don't know if I'm going down a good road.
See these posts:

https://f95zone.to/posts/6549347/

https://f95zone.to/posts/6548165/

https://f95zone.to/posts/6721099/

https://f95zone.to/posts/6544417/

Correct.

Physique drops when the slave ends the day with sufficiently negative calories. If you click on the calculator icon next to the slave's calories (on the slave's rules screen), it will give you a more detailed explanation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madeni

Madeni

Oct 17, 2021
Thank you both for the reponses
I managed to clear the "easy" tutorial and I jumped into the game proper after that

I already got a runaway slave and nothing is going as planned :ROFLMAO:

I had a slave that had lv3 Guilt every time she did a mistake, I didn't know how to handle that except shaming/beating/scolding hard, and she ran away
The learning curve is steep since there's a lot not covered in the tutorial like housing and city amenities.
It helped me get a grasp on the basics of slave training, but in the "real" game it feels like it's an entire different game with far more stuff to keep track of right from the start

Last edited:

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Pony racing is way too hard. Nothing I do works. I've reloaded my save over fifteen times trying to find the one ticket to winning and still haven't found it. I have the pony gear equipped. I've tried lowest weight and with all kinds of combinations of weight and the only one where I even get close to winning is carbon frame and armored sides. I have to slow down before the concrete jungle and russian roads, but that causes me to lose because the other racers apparently don't need to slow down for either. Help.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Pony racing is way too hard. Nothing I do works. I've reloaded my save over fifteen times trying to find the one ticket to winning and still haven't found it. I have the pony gear equipped. I've tried lowest weight and with all kinds of combinations of weight and the only one where I even get close to winning is carbon frame and armored sides. I have to slow down before the concrete jungle and russian roads, but that causes me to lose because the other racers apparently don't need to slow down for either. Help.
Yeah it sucks. And I'm advocating to make changes for a less bullshit racing experience.

Basically, the races are so hard that some are virtually unwinable. So even if your slave is a maxed out Pony Racer, you have optimal gear, and make 100% correct in-race decisions, you will still lose.

Why? Because your slave wasn't cut for it. For exemple, you entered a race in which there are a lot of traps placed high. Lolis can speed up during those, but milfs have to slow the fuck down. If you take a milf to that race, unless she has a special trait which makes up for it, you will lose.

ImperatorAugustus argues that it's realistic, because the game is meant to take place in an unforgivable universe, and there shouldn't be a plot armor that garantees a win for the main character we incarnate. I argue back that it's not a fair game if it's rigged from the start.

For 2.2.1-IA branch that is currently playable, we reached the compromise of decreasing the disparities between ages categories, so milfs without traits would perform just as well as milfs with traits in 2.2.

For me it's still not enough to call it "balanced gameplay" at least for the default normal difficulty. In 2.3, I want it to be possible to be a challenge that is not unforgivably hard. Meaning you would be able to win most races if your slave is between B+ and S+ pony skill, if you take 80% correct gear, and between 70% to 100% good in-race decisions. As a comparison, take Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, I want the race to be as difficult as a mid/late-game boss from Organisation XIII, not as hard as Lingering Will like it is right now.

To be followed (y)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Try it with master-ia branch. If you still have a lot of trouble, upload your save and I'll take a look.

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
For what it's worth, I agree with qwerty on making pony races easier. Although I'm saying this as a player, not a programmer, so my opinion might not have any weight.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
For what it's worth, I agree with qwerty on making pony races easier. Although I'm saying this as a player, not a programmer, so my opinion might not have any weight.
You're just as entitled to an opinion as anyone else.

As qwerty mentioned, the racing difficulty on the development branch has been tweaked. More feedback would be helpful. From my testing, it's quite a bit easier now. There were two changes. The ages matter less, and there's also an adjustment depending on the game difficulty. That's the difficulty from when you started the game, not the obedience difficulty you can change in the options menu.

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Does my guild reputation need to be higher than my brand reputation? I can't seem to get it above famous. Also, I seem to have an unlimited number of gemstone rings. I realize that I'm not on the latest version, but I don't want to lose my save.

Nevermind on the gemstone rings. I gave some to Isabella and now I don't have any. Although I definitely had more than I should have had.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Does my guild reputation need to be higher than my brand reputation? I can't seem to get it above famous.
They are independent. Having S+ brand reputation is a prerequisite for access to the Vatican, but you can become a patrician through one of the other factions that do not require S+ reputation.

Getting your brand reputation above Famous takes a while. If you are selling slaves of A+ or higher rating directly to buyers, it will happen eventually. Selling through guild auctions is considered "direct" to the auction buyers.

Joining the club in the Taurus district and spreading rumors there can help also.

Nevermind on the gemstone rings. I gave some to Isabella and now I don't have any. Although I definitely had more than I should have had.
They are sold in pairs. When worn as earrings, two are used. Other piercings use one.

May 6, 2017
Hi there, new here
This game.. really not good with newbie is it
Even with tutorial, even when reading all of it couple of time, i still dont get what i was doing
The cause and effect is really to tight, there no freedom, maybe they are if you know the mechanic but i still havent be able to grasp even that
I really recommend a real game time step by step with explaining every step and its effect approach in the tutorial

So i give up with the tutorial ( i know, its bad but what choice do i have ) and try use this https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/11/461090_HOW_TO_PLAY.txt
but i cant even train Isabella to accept training Fiend mating, she always refuse. so im really stuck.

I play alot of management game or slave game before but i never seen game this strict. A help is much appreciated

Last edited:

drafite

May 12, 2020
I am trying to do the Felicity quest, but once I tried to deliver her, Specter didnt take her. I have her at S+ with everything guided like in page 58. Is the quest still possible in the latest version?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Hi there, new here
This game.. really not good with newbie is it
Even with tutorial, even when reading all of it couple of time, i still dont get what i was doing
The cause and effect is really to tight, there no freedom, maybe they are if you know the mechanic but i still havent be able to grasp even that
I really recommend a real game time step by step with explaining every step and its effect approach in the tutorial

So i give up with the tutorial ( i know, its bad but what choice do i have ) and try use this https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/11/461090_HOW_TO_PLAY.txt
but i cant even train Isabella to accept training Fiend mating, she always refuse. so im really stuck.

I play alot of management game or slave game before but i never seen game this strict. A help is much appreciated
Did you look through the links I posted recently just up the thread (still on this page)? https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-6775965

I've never seen that how to play guide before. It's wrong about several things, especially in the current version. Starting with a fiend isn't a bad idea IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, but it's trying to optimize for time-saving when at the beginning of the game you are usually more concerned about cost-saving.

Which type of game start did you pick?

Training Isabella in fiend milking from the first day is not easy because her starting obedience is not high enough. She is also Proud, which opposes sexual training. Her not being aroused also works against you when you are asking the slave to do something sexual.

If you set the obedience difficulty to Easy in the options menu and raise her arousal to the maximum (by having her do things that excite her), it is possible to have her accept the training even though she is Proud. You would also need to raise her mood; she is Calm when you first acquire her.

Alternatively, if you leave her in the Assistant role instead of switching her to Slave, she will accept training much more easily. To do that, you can click her portrait, then click the Xenophily skill on the bottom right, and select the lesson there.

May 6, 2017
Did you look through the links I posted recently just up the thread (still on this page)? https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-n...ntsman-community-development.390/post-6775965

I've never seen that how to play guide before. It's wrong about several things, especially in the current version. Starting with a fiend isn't a bad idea IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, but it's trying to optimize for time-saving when at the beginning of the game you are usually more concerned about cost-saving.

Which type of game start did you pick?

Training Isabella in fiend milking from the first day is not easy because her starting obedience is not high enough. She is also Proud, which opposes sexual training. Her not being aroused also works against you when you are asking the slave to do something sexual.

If you set the obedience difficulty to Easy in the options menu and raise her arousal to the maximum (by having her do things that excite her), it is possible to have her accept the training even though she is Proud. You would also need to raise her mood; she is Calm when you first acquire her.

Alternatively, if you leave her in the Assistant role instead of switching her to Slave, she will accept training much more easily. To do that, you can click her portrait, then click the Xenophily skill on the bottom right, and select the lesson there.
I see, thanks for the reply
Huh, i didnt know you can train assistant role like that, i didnt even know you can even click at that part
will try it out what you suggest first or try to make her more obedience
Btw for reference, how do you know if she obedience enough for rough play, aura wise or attribute wise

also, how do you determine tier punisment and reward in this game (since i read what you link there further in and got me interest)
Psychological pressure is tier 1, battering is tier 2 and so on ? or is psychological > chastise is tier 1 and scold is tier 2 and so on ?

As for game start, i go normal custom start, i might mess around with it for a while to see how this game work and what suit for me

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I see, thanks for the reply
Huh, i didnt know you can train assistant role like that, i didnt even know you can even click at that part
will try it out what you suggest first or try to make her more obedience
Btw for reference, how do you know if she obedience enough for rough play, aura wise or attribute wise

also, how do you determine tier punisment and reward in this game (since i read what you link there further in and got me interest)
Psychological pressure is tier 1, battering is tier 2 and so on ? or is psychological > chastise is tier 1 and scold is tier 2 and so on ?

As for game start, i go normal custom start, i might mess around with it for a while to see how this game work and what suit for me
You can also start assistant lessons through the main menu on the left, through assistant assignments.

The only way to know for sure if she has enough obedience is asking her to do something. If she refuses, she doesn't have enough obedience. But, in addition to her attributes and her aura, her mood and arousal also play a role in her obedience ... and her diligence (the quality of her effort). And the slaver's stats play a role, if he's involved in the activity.

If you ask a slave to do something and she gets an F- grade or the text says that she does not try at all (low quality but didn't refuse), then that means she has enough obedience but you need to work on her diligence. You need to motivate her more. Build up her aura, raise her mood, get her "in the mood" (arousal if it's sex related), reduce her Pride, give her the right type of clothes to wear, etc.

Sometimes a slave has a special trait that makes her motivation very low for certain actions, for example a Torpid slave hates doing gymnastics. So, if you're stuck getting her to do one specific thing, try having her other things.

If you hover your mouse over the small triangle in the lower left corner of a menu icon, it will show you a tooltip. In the punishment and reward menus, those tooltips show you the tier of the punishment or reward. It is mostly 1-5 for menus with five options, but not always, so it's worth double checking.

If you click on the slave's attributes, you'll see some information about them. For example, the description of the Pride attribute mentions that it prevents her from being open and enjoying sex.

Tutorial is easy obedience difficulty. If you're having trouble on normal, you can change the obedience difficulty to easy in the options menu.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Alter and StJesuz

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Some comments on that guide:

Immediately go to the trade center, and buy the house.
Go to the Border of the Fogs and run into Isabella, accept her and take her on as an assistant.
Set her as assistant. Tell her to buy all the foods. Have her act as cook and maid as well.
Everything has costs and benefits. Living in the Slums is hard, but it is also cheap. Having an assistant can help but you also have to pay for her (meals).

Food ingredients are not all the same price. If you go to the Gastronomicon store in White Town, you can see the prices.

Go back to the real estate office, rent a Fiend Pit. Go back to the Border of the Fogs and the Smuggler's den. Buy a fiend.
Train Isabella in Fiend Mating once a day until she masters it. Do this while you still don't have a slave. Eventually when that fiend gets to the largest size, Leviathan, give him to the guy in the Forums for the wizard's crown (a much needed artifact). This is something that takes months in game, so by the time you turn it in, you should be finishing your first slave.
This is time-saving advice, if you can afford it. Depends on your starting sparks and slaver stats, and how quickly you'll be able to train your first slave. You might want to wait until you know what you are dealing with before you commit yourself.

Go into town. Stop by the Slaver's guildhall. Buy a stethoscope. Go to the boutique, look at men's clothing. Buy the Aketon and the Wizard's Robes. Go to Mankiller's, buy a weapon (I prefer the katana to start).
Stethoscope is sold by Serpentine district medical center now. It is also 100$. It's a useful tool for detecting problems early, but it is not a must-have item at the beginning of the game. Likewise, Aketon and Wizard's robe are not must-have at the beginning of the game. If you have no magic skill at all, you can level up by failing to cast auspex repeatedly. If you have no fighting skill at all, you can level up by repeatedly losing practice fights at the colosseum.

Buying a weapon at the start is another cost vs. benefit decision. A weapon helps you in battles. Which battles will you be fighting? If your slave rebels, you will need to fight her. For that type of battle, if you want to avoid damaging her, you would be better off with a weapon type that does morale damage, like a lash, a whip, or a cattle prod.

Each weapon has a specific damage type, either slashing, crushing, piercing or morale. The damage type determines which of the opponent's vitality, stamina and morale will be damaged when you hit them. The amount of damage depends on the weapons, the slaver's stats and the opponent's armor. If your slaver has low strength or whip skill, a weapon like a stiletto or rapier will do more damage, because they do not depend on strength.

Go to the arena. Talk to Lantasa and have her train you in a special technique. Choose Roundhouse Kick, Battle Cry or Swift Strike (some of the better ones). Return every day until she will not teach you any more.
Bryn is a . It's misleading to say that Swift Strike is one of the better ones.

The special techniques Roundhouse Kick and Battle Cry work with any weapon, the others only work if you have a weapon of a certain type. Each lesson also costs more than the previous ones.

Go to the arena, and get in some fights. Get used to the fight system. Depending on what your opponent is doing, your attack will either buff you, debuff them, or deal double damage. Get used to how combat works. The color of the attack also has NOTHING to do with the color hearts (a common confusion). If ANY of the hearts reach zero, you will lose. The first is health, the second is stamina and the third is morale. You will see that you hitting the enemy raises morale. You attacking will lower stamina. You getting hit will lower health. You can also "defend" which will raise stamina a bit. After a few days of fighting, you might be thinking "hey, I'm a slaver... shouldn't I go get a slave by now?!"
"You attacking will lower stamina" is incorrect. "You getting hit will lower health" is also incorrect. It depends what weapon type or special attack the opponent is using. For example, if they hit you with a whip, which only does morale damage, then only your morale will be affected. If they hit you with a mace, that is crushing damage, which will lower your health, stamina and morale.

Just like you gain morale based on the amount of damage you do, the same is true for your opponent.

Go to the auction, get a slave. Really, any will do, but best NOT to start with a Loli. Some are tougher than others, but the training is the same.
The advice not to start with a loli is justified later in the guide: lolis have a harder time in the arena. (Because they have less health.) That's true, but it is certainly possible to win with a loli, especially the first few decades.

Before going to the auction, it's a good idea to check with the guild to see if they have a good contract offer for you. They give you a slave for free, and they give you a pre-payment, so you have some extra sparks at the beginning of training. You don't need to worry about the slave's charm when completing a guild contract, so you may also save some sparks at the end. The guild pays less than other buyers would, but if you complete the contract fast, you can get a bonus.

B+ is average. Beauty, endurance, empathy, exoticism and style do not directly affect obedience. The higher the other attributes, the more disobedient they will be at first. Higher attributes also cost more. The cheapest price you can find at the auction is 20$.

Higher endurance gives more energy, so it's helpful. Higher empathy makes a slave easier to frighten into obedience but also more vulnerable to depression. A slave with high empathy also will dislike fighting.

Relative stats of the slaver vs. the slave affect how easily the slave will submit. In auspex you can see the relative strength of the aura. Having a stronger aura makes a slave less likely to think they could win a fight against the slaver.

Lolis have a naturally weaker aura than older slaves, so that's something to consider if your slaver is weak. Also, slavers have an easier time with lolis, especially the teacher, the old man, and the kid. The teacher also does well with young slaves. Conversely, the butler is at his best with mature slaves.

Immediately get them checked out at the Medical Center in the Technosphere in the Serpent quarter. If she has anything, get it fixed, cured, scars removed, etc. Also, get her sterilized.
It's a good idea to check for health issues if you do not have a stethoscope or the slaver has low medical skill. The only urgent thing to treat is a parasite. Rotphilis isn't healthy but she might recover naturally given time. Scars lower the slave's beauty and mood, but they aren't harmful. Getting her sterilized immediately is not necessary. Surgery consumes some of her energy and damages her health. It's usually a waste of sparks for your first slave. You can do plenty of sex training without risking her getting pregnant.

Take her home. Wear the wizard robe. If you can, cast the Adverto Servili spell, do it, but you probably can't yet... so for now, go to the Outcast's section and to Uncle Bo's and get a Brand Tattoo. Go to the Necropolis and to Steel Rose. Buy a standard slave collar. Go home, equip the collar on the slave.
Casting Adverto Servili requires high mage skill. It costs 25$. It also gives her extra energy based on her endurance, so it's often a waste to cast it on day one. (An exception can be if she is sick, because it will also cure her.) If you have a dungeon, you can save 10$ (cost of a tattoo brand) by branding her yourself. Just be prepared for a possible fight when you come at her with the branding iron.

Giving her a collar is good advice. A standard collar is cheapest, but not best. If she is at least B+ gladiatrix or pet skill, she will be happier wearing a spiked collar. If she's prideful or needs taming, you might want to put a steel collar on her, but keep an eye on her mood.

Next, VERY important. Set some rules. I usually use: Bath Slave, Deny Orgasm, and Force Humility to start. You MUST set at LEAST 3 or you'll spoil her, and it'll accumulate every night. Soiling makes EVERYTHING harder. You absolutely do NOT want it. Also "Force Rules".
This is outdated information. If the slave is fearful, she will not spoil for lack of rules.

Enforcing rules can quickly drive a slave into depression. Watch out for high empathy.

No masturbation and deny orgasm rules are safest at the start because a disobedient slave has no desire to break them. On normal difficulty, 2 rules is enough to avoid spoiling even if the slave is not fearful.

Humility or bath slave rules on a disobedient slave will fail; you can't enforce them.

Now, "Explain her position"... do this at the start of the day for the first three days.
Your success with this depends on your slaver's stats and aura vs. the slave's. Effectively, you are threatening her to increase her fear and her awareness. If she's stupid, this is less effective. If she's very disobedient, this is less effective. If you wait until she is obedient, it's too late.

For bed, let her sleep on the bedroll. For food, give her dried food for now. Use the nutritionist for now until you get the hang of diets (and even when you do, you may still want to use them at times).

ALL of this is the FIRST day with your slave.
Sleeping on the floor is better while she's disobedient, but keep an eye on her mood and her health.

Dried food unless you have a fiend, in which case it may be cheaper to feed her that. She won't like it, but you can solve that for 30$ with a tattoo.

Using nutritionist is expensive (5$ per day). Not a good idea at the beginning. Click the calculator icon on her rules screen and read the help text.

The Energy bars are VERY important. You NEVER want red stars in them. If your slave is at "-" or in the red, your day is over. Go to the next day. If not, read on.
This is good general advice, but there are exceptions. Energy spent today is debt that must be paid tomorrow. If the slave has red energy stars and you make her take another action, her health will be affected. Sometimes that's an acceptable price.

At the start of the next day. Don't forget to "Explain her position today".
Or not.

Next, cast Tremendio and Magna Magnifica. The first, if successful (don't worry if it's not) gives her a point if fear which in the immediate will help you train her. The second increases your aura's power, which helps with obedience. The second one will only last the day.
Tremendio also makes her depressed, and although it increases her fear, it might not be enough to raise it to the next level. Use with care.

Magna Magnifika is great for achieving aura supremacy, but it's also expensive. If you have aura supremacy without it, you can save a lot of sparks. Which again raises the question of "is it better to start with a loli?"

Check her Sports and Fitness. If it's not S+, you need to get it there. It's the most important "first" thing you train since it controls the amount of energy your slave has. Check her "Endurance" (second down on the left). If it's Weakened, Feeble or Dying, click on "Supplements" as well until it gets to "Healthy", then turn them off. Always train her at least once in Sports and Fitness every day to keep it going up.
Yes and no. It's definitely helpful to have more endurance, but she can develop endurance much faster when she's obedient. An Ecstatic slave wearing a leotard and sneakers can go from A+ to S+ endurance in less than a decade. The more endurance she has, the easier it is to gain more. Conversely, if she's weak, she will be more reluctant to train. Also, her pride is a factor. For all these reasons, Athletics is not the "first" thing to train. If she's willing to do it, great. If not, try something else.

If she still has energy, train her in Maid or Cook. Don't worry about anything else for now.
Depends on the slave. A slave who is prideful or intellectual will see housekeeping as beneath them. A slave who is very athletic may be willing to do sports or dance or martial arts before they are willing to sweep the floor. An intellectual slave may prefer low-physical-effort tasks like sitting doing paperwork or practicing elocution, especially if they have low endurance. A temperamental slave may be more willing to paint. Etc.

With a little luck, she should have a positive "green" achievement because she did sports once, or cooked once, or cleaned once... give her a reward, and choose "Make a Gift->Clothes->Sundress"... this is VERY important and helps a LOT with training. Always make this the first reward you give her.
Rewarding her for merit is a good idea, but it doesn't have to be a sundress. In fact, giving her a sundress will spoil her if she has less than 2 merit. The sundress (and soft slippers) are comfortable. This can improve her mood, but only to a point. If she's already happy enough for other reasons, having her wear something appropriate to the training you are doing can yield better results. You can also buy a sundress for her from the boutique in White Town.

Selecting a reward or punishment depends on several things. Does she need more calories today to avoid starvation? Does she have a trait that makes a particular type more or less effective? Have you used the same type of reward or punishment recently? Variety of rewards improves a slave's mood. The higher the tier of the reward, the longer it will affect the slave. Asking her how she is feeling - when she is obedient enough to answer - is a good way of keeping track of which types of rewards you have given recently.

Variety of punishments can harm her mood, but may be necessary if the method you are using is not effective. The slaver's stats and skills can make certain punishments more effective than others. Verbal punishments also lose effectiveness quickly with repetition.

If you reward her too often, you will spoil her. But, a spoiled slave feels more merit, which means you can reward her more.

If she's guilty, then start soft and yell at her. Sleep.
At first, a slave does not feel much guilt. Over time, as she becomes more fearful or learns to anticipate punishment, she will feel more guilty. Guilt is measuring how harshly she expects to be punished. If you punish her in a way that she sees as being less harsh, you will spoil her. If you punish her ineffectively but at the level of her guilt, you'll simply make her feel some relief. Letting her guilt go unpunished will make her feel some relief also, but will undermine her obedience. So it's better to ineffectively punish her than not to punish her. But, that's only true if you haven't punished her already. Regardless of how deserved it is, if you punish her too often, she will become depressed. So, it's in your best interest to minimize how often she needs to be punished, by directing her towards activities where she can succeed.
Next day, do Tremendio and Magna Magnifica again and repeat until she earns her Sundress.
As covered above, this is not necessarily the best plan.

When she has a Sundress, then she's at least capable of training. Spells are optional at this point, but keep them in mind, they're REALLY handy. More so than a lot of players give them credit.
She's capable of training without a sundress too. The guide is assuming that you've only given her a sundress after she has earned some merit, which implies that you found something she was willing to do. One thing to keep in mind is that a naked slave is usually unhappy about that fact (highly trained exhibitionists excepted). So, giving her anything to wear on her body can help her mood.

As for spells, Auspex and Magna Magnifika are useful forever, but MM is most valuable if the slave's aura is stronger than the slaver's without it.

Keep training Sports and Fitness, Maid and Cook.... maybe after a week, branch into Nurse and Secretary. You'll start getting into the "habit" zone and she'll gradually lose her thorns of rebellion.
Variety is better than focusing on just one subject when you're building obedience. She'll feel more merit doing new things, so you'll be able to reward her more. You can also provide variety of instructors. Hire tutors, take her to school, have your assistant teach her. Tutors are relatively cheap for low-level skills, and slaves can't refuse tutoring or going to school like they can refuse personal or assistant lessons, but their motivation still determines the result. You can help their motivation by dressing them appropriately.

For rewards, keep it simple at first. Give her chocolate. Let her spend time at the Hot Springs (takes a free energy) or if her Sports and Fitness is getting high and you have energy to spare, Garden of Gethsemane (it's really good to send her to the garden). Don't do "Spend time together" or "Erotic reward" until later. She hates you too much at this point. A GREAT reward is casting Delikicea on her. Mix up the rewards. Another good "early" reward is to Make a Gift->Clothes->Soft Slippers or the Plush Toy, these will help with training as well, but only get them if she does a 5-point reward. It's also good to first "Moral Encouragement->Promise a Reward" the day before, then buy her it the next day if she does well. After about a week and a half, you can start taking her on "Spend time together" to get her used to you and not hate you so much.
Sweet treat rewards like chocolate give her calories. So these are best used to manage her weight or prevent her from starving (ending day with calories lower than -500).

Rest rewards like the hot springs "use" her energy, but energy spent on "rest for an hour" or "rest until evening" is refunded at the end of the day and can carry over the following day. If you leave her with unspent energy at the end of the day, she automatically rests (without it being treated as a reward), and it can help her mood. So don't feel obliged to spend all of her energy every day, especially if she has lower than S+ endurance.

Garden of Gethsemane helps slaves who are depressed or spoiled. The Golden Cage is a great reward when she has enough merit and energy, but watch out that you don't spoil her with it. Delikacia is a good alternative to the Cage, but it drains intellect, so be careful not to overdo it.

The plaid blanket reward helps with depression, and the plush toy helps her sleep better, which gives a bit of extra energy, so those are good gifts to give early. I have no idea why the guide says to only get them if she has a 5-point reward. They are tier-2 and tier-3 rewards.

Promising a reward or gift is good for variety if you have not given her any praise recently, but it's not necessary to use it every time before actually giving a reward or gift the next time. Be aware that when you promise or reward or gift, if the next reward you give does not live up to expectations, the slave may be less happy as a result, until you "make good" on the promise. And, after repeated promises, a slave may expect higher-tier rewards.

Continue, continue... eventually, you'll get her to D+ rating.
D- comes first. At D-, a slave is obedient enough to follow some rules without forcing, for example bath slave, humility, pet rule, perhaps deny toileting. Silence rule maybe not, depends on her temperament. At this point you can also start using erotic rewards and "spend time with" rewards (slaver's allure is important here). Intimacy helps build devotion. "Spend time with" can be used earlier too, but a disobedient slave does not like it as much.

Now she should be ready to start in with the sex training. Start with the simple things like kissing, rubbing, blowjobs. Don't do penetration yet. First, get pretty good at blowjobs and get her built up here. When she's good at blowjobs, change the "rules" and turn off "Deny orgasm" and turn on "Behave Alarm" (she's used to sucking you off, so she won't have so much of a problem with it). Now do penetration, and watch her cum violently. Cumming makes her happy, and it's hard to stay angry at a you, even though you're a slaver and claims to own her when you're making her cum three or four times a day. Start giving her Erotic Rewards too.
You can start sex training before D+, especially if she is aroused and not prideful. Don't overlook the demonstration category. Keep in mind that condoms do not exist in the Eternal Rome. If the slave is fertile, you can try the rhythm method if you don't want to pay for treatment.

Sex training will produce a lot of merit. Don't reward too often.

When she has 2 or 3 stars of devotion, switch her to fresh food. At another star, let her sleep in your bed. Hang out with her often, go to the restaurant and theater and beach. You'll have her worshiping the ground you walk on in no time.
With 2 stars of devotion, you can let her sleep in your bed (but ask how she feels in the morning after) and also give her your leftovers.

Letting her sleep in a boudoir and giving her fresh food can start from 1 star of devotion.

If she does get spoiled, you can take away some privileges for a few days, or just let things play out.

Your first slave, you may want to train her as a Gladiatrix (this is why you did not get a Loli) to earn money. If you get an "Arena Champion", you can give her to another guy hanging in the Forums for the Bull Ring (also a VERY much needed artifact since you'll never get tired with it).
The arena can be a good source of income, paying at least 50 sparks for every win and more than double that for a veteran champion. You can also send more than one slave to fight every decade, depending on your reputation (brand reputation or guild reputation, whichever is higher). But, your slaves will often be injured, which is a cost of its own, especially if you do not have high medical skill or a supply of healing balm, and a Gladiatrix slave is more likely to fight you when you try to punish her.

The Bull Ring does not give you unlimited energy, but it cuts all energy costs in half, rounded down. That makes some actions cost no energy for the slaver, such as bathing, traveling between districts, escorting a slave to school, casting spells, and the first two "spend time with" rewards.

Last edited:

May 6, 2017
Some comments on that guide:

Everything has costs and benefits. Living in the Slums is hard, but it is also cheap. Having an assistant can help but you also have to pay for her (meals).

Food ingredients are not all the same price. If you go to the Gastronomicon store in White Town, you can see the prices.

This is time-saving advice, if you can afford it. Depends on your starting sparks and slaver stats, and how quickly you'll be able to train your first slave. You might want to wait until you know what you are dealing with before you commit yourself.

Stethoscope is sold by Serpentine district medical center now. It is also 100$. It's a useful tool for detecting problems early, but it is not a must-have item at the beginning of the game. Likewise, Aketon and Wizard's robe are not must-have at the beginning of the game. If you have no magic skill at all, you can level up by failing to cast auspex repeatedly. If you have no fighting skill at all, you can level up by repeatedly losing practice fights at the colosseum.

Buying a weapon at the start is another cost vs. benefit decision. A weapon helps you in battles. Which battles will you be fighting? If your slave rebels, you will need to fight her. For that type of battle, if you want to avoid damaging her, you would be better off with a weapon type that does morale damage, like a lash, a whip, or a cattle prod.

Each weapon has a specific damage type, either slashing, crushing, piercing or morale. The damage type determines which of the opponent's vitality, stamina and morale will be damaged when you hit them. The amount of damage depends on the weapons, the slaver's stats and the opponent's armor. If your slaver has low strength or whip skill, a weapon like a stiletto or rapier will do more damage, because they do not depend on strength.

Bryn is a . It's misleading to say that Swift Strike is one of the better ones.

The special techniques Roundhouse Kick and Battle Cry work with any weapon, the others only work if you have a weapon of a certain type. Each lesson also costs more than the previous ones.

"You attacking will lower stamina" is incorrect. "You getting hit will lower health" is also incorrect. It depends what weapon type or special attack the opponent is using. For example, if they hit you with a whip, which only does morale damage, then only your morale will be affected. If they hit you with a mace, that is crushing damage, which will lower your health, stamina and morale.

Just like you gain morale based on the amount of damage you do, the same is true for your opponent.

The advice not to start with a loli is justified later in the guide: lolis have a harder time in the arena. (Because they have less health.) That's true, but it is certainly possible to win with a loli, especially the first few decades.

Before going to the auction, it's a good idea to check with the guild to see if they have a good contract offer for you. They give you a slave for free, and they give you a pre-payment, so you have some extra sparks at the beginning of training. You don't need to worry about the slave's charm when completing a guild contract, so you may also save some sparks at the end. The guild pays less than other buyers would, but if you complete the contract fast, you can get a bonus.

B+ is average. Beauty, endurance, empathy, exoticism and style do not directly affect obedience. The higher the other attributes, the more disobedient they will be at first. Higher attributes also cost more. The cheapest price you can find at the auction is 20$.

Higher endurance gives more energy, so it's helpful. Higher empathy makes a slave easier to frighten into obedience but also more vulnerable to depression. A slave with high empathy also will dislike fighting.

Relative stats of the slaver vs. the slave affect how easily the slave will submit. In auspex you can see the relative strength of the aura. Having a stronger aura makes a slave less likely to think they could win a fight against the slaver.

Lolis have a naturally weaker aura than older slaves, so that's something to consider if your slaver is weak. Also, slavers have an easier time with lolis, especially the teacher, the old man, and the kid. The teacher also does well with young slaves. Conversely, the butler is at his best with mature slaves.

It's a good idea to check for health issues if you do not have a stethoscope or the slaver has low medical skill. The only urgent thing to treat is a parasite. Rotphilis isn't healthy but she might recover naturally given time. Scars lower the slave's beauty and mood, but they aren't harmful. Getting her sterilized immediately is not necessary. Surgery consumes some of her energy and damages her health. It's usually a waste of sparks for your first slave. You can do plenty of sex training without risking her getting pregnant.

Casting Adverto Servili requires high mage skill. It costs 25$. It also gives her extra energy based on her endurance, so it's often a waste to cast it on day one. (An exception can be if she is sick, because it will also cure her.) If you have a dungeon, you can save 10$ (cost of a tattoo brand) by branding her yourself. Just be prepared for a possible fight when you come at her with the branding iron.

Giving her a collar is good advice. A standard collar is cheapest, but not best. If she is at least B+ gladiatrix or pet skill, she will be happier wearing a spiked collar. If she's prideful or needs taming, you might want to put a steel collar on her, but keep an eye on her mood.

This is outdated information. If the slave is fearful, she will not spoil for lack of rules.

Enforcing rules can quickly drive a slave into depression. Watch out for high empathy.

No masturbation and deny orgasm rules are safest at the start because a disobedient slave has no desire to break them. On normal difficulty, 2 rules is enough to avoid spoiling even if the slave is not fearful.

Humility or bath slave rules on a disobedient slave will fail; you can't enforce them.

Your success with this depends on your slaver's stats and aura vs. the slave's. Effectively, you are threatening her to increase her fear and her awareness. If she's stupid, this is less effective. If she's very disobedient, this is less effective. If you wait until she is obedient, it's too late.

Sleeping on the floor is better while she's disobedient, but keep an eye on her mood and her health.

Dried food unless you have a fiend, in which case it may be cheaper to feed her that. She won't like it, but you can solve that for 30$ with a tattoo.

Using nutritionist is expensive (5$ per day). Not a good idea at the beginning. Click the calculator icon on her rules screen and read the help text.

This is good general advice, but there are exceptions. Energy spent today is debt that must be paid tomorrow. If the slave has red energy stars and you make her take another action, her health will be affected. Sometimes that's an acceptable price.

Or not.

Tremendio also makes her depressed, and although it increases her fear, it might not be enough to raise it to the next level. Use with care.

Magna Magnifika is great for achieving aura supremacy, but it's also expensive. If you have aura supremacy without it, you can save a lot of sparks. Which again raises the question of "is it better to start with a loli?"

Yes and no. It's definitely helpful to have more endurance, but she can develop endurance much faster when she's obedient. An Ecstatic slave wearing a leotard and sneakers can go from A+ to S+ endurance in less than a decade. The more endurance she has, the easier it is to gain more. Conversely, if she's weak, she will be more reluctant to train. Also, her pride is a factor. For all these reasons, Athletics is not the "first" thing to train. If she's willing to do it, great. If not, try something else.

Depends on the slave. A slave who is prideful or intellectual will see housekeeping as beneath them. A slave who is very athletic may be willing to do sports or dance or martial arts before they are willing to sweep the floor. An intellectual slave may prefer low-physical-effort tasks like sitting doing paperwork or practicing elocution, especially if they have low endurance. A temperamental slave may be more willing to paint. Etc.

Rewarding her for merit is a good idea, but it doesn't have to be a sundress. In fact, giving her a sundress will spoil her if she has less than 2 merit. The sundress (and soft slippers) are comfortable. This can improve her mood, but only to a point. If she's already happy enough for other reasons, having her wear something appropriate to the training you are doing can yield better results. You can also buy a sundress for her from the boutique in White Town.

Selecting a reward or punishment depends on several things. Does she need more calories today to avoid starvation? Does she have a trait that makes a particular type more or less effective? Have you used the same type of reward or punishment recently? Variety of rewards improves a slave's mood. The higher the tier of the reward, the longer it will affect the slave. Asking her how she is feeling - when she is obedient enough to answer - is a good way of keeping track of which types of rewards you have given recently.

Variety of punishments can harm her mood, but may be necessary if the method you are using is not effective. The slaver's stats and skills can make certain punishments more effective than others. Verbal punishments also lose effectiveness quickly with repetition.

If you reward her too often, you will spoil her. But, a spoiled slave feels more merit, which means you can reward her more.

At first, a slave does not feel much guilt. Over time, as she becomes more fearful or learns to anticipate punishment, she will feel more guilty. Guilt is measuring how harshly she expects to be punished. If you punish her in a way that she sees as being less harsh, you will spoil her. If you punish her ineffectively but at the level of her guilt, you'll simply make her feel some relief. Letting her guilt go unpunished will make her feel some relief also, but will undermine her obedience. So it's better to ineffectively punish her than not to punish her. But, that's only true if you haven't punished her already. Regardless of how deserved it is, if you punish her too often, she will become depressed. So, it's in your best interest to minimize how often she needs to be punished, by directing her towards activities where she can succeed.

As covered above, this is not necessarily the best plan.

She's capable of training without a sundress too. The guide is assuming that you've only given her a sundress after she has earned some merit, which implies that you found something she was willing to do. One thing to keep in mind is that a naked slave is usually unhappy about that fact (highly trained exhibitionists excepted). So, giving her anything to wear on her body can help her mood.

As for spells, Auspex and Magna Magnifika are useful forever, but MM is most valuable if the slave's aura is stronger than the slaver's without it.

Variety is better than focusing on just one subject when you're building obedience. She'll feel more merit doing new things, so you'll be able to reward her more. You can also provide variety of instructors. Hire tutors, take her to school, have your assistant teach her. Tutors are relatively cheap for low-level skills, and slaves can't refuse tutoring or going to school like they can refuse personal or assistant lessons, but their motivation still determines the result. You can help their motivation by dressing them appropriately.

Sweet treat rewards like chocolate give her calories. So these are best used to manage her weight or prevent her from starving (ending day with calories lower than -500).

Rest rewards like the hot springs "use" her energy, but energy spent on "rest for an hour" or "rest until evening" is refunded at the end of the day and can carry over the following day. If you leave her with unspent energy at the end of the day, she automatically rests (without it being treated as a reward), and it can help her mood. So don't feel obliged to spend all of her energy every day, especially if she has lower than S+ endurance.

Garden of Gethsemane helps slaves who are depressed or spoiled. The Golden Cage is a great reward when she has enough merit and energy, but watch out that you don't spoil her with it. Delikacia is a good alternative to the Cage, but it drains intellect, so be careful not to overdo it.

The plaid blanket reward helps with depression, and the plush toy helps her sleep better, which gives a bit of extra energy, so those are good gifts to give early. I have no idea why the guide says to only get them if she has a 5-point reward. They are tier-2 and tier-3 rewards.

Promising a reward or gift is good for variety if you have not given her any praise recently, but it's not necessary to use it every time before actually giving a reward or gift the next time. Be aware that when you promise or reward or gift, if the next reward you give does not live up to expectations, the slave may be less happy as a result, until you "make good" on the promise. And, after repeated promises, a slave may expect higher-tier rewards.

D- comes first. At D-, a slave is obedient enough to follow some rules without forcing, for example bath slave, humility, pet rule, perhaps deny toileting. Silence rule maybe not, depends on her temperament. At this point you can also start using erotic rewards and "spend time with" rewards (slaver's allure is important here). Intimacy helps build devotion. "Spend time with" can be used earlier too, but a disobedient slave does not like it as much.

You can start sex training before D+, especially if she is aroused and not prideful. Don't overlook the demonstration category. Keep in mind that condoms do not exist in the Eternal Rome. If the slave is fertile, you can try the rhythm method if you don't want to pay for treatment.

Sex training will produce a lot of merit. Don't reward too often.

With 2 stars of devotion, you can let her sleep in your bed (but ask how she feels in the morning after) and also give her your leftovers.

Letting her sleep in a boudoir and giving her fresh food can start from 1 star of devotion.

If she does get spoiled, you can take away some privileges for a few days, or just let things play out.

The arena can be a good source of income, paying at least 50 sparks for every win and more than double that for a veteran champion. You can also send more than one slave to fight every decade, depending on your reputation (brand reputation or guild reputation, whichever is higher). But, your slaves will often be injured, which is a cost of its own, especially if you do not have high medical skill or a supply of healing balm, and a Gladiatrix slave is more likely to fight you when you try to punish her.

The Bull Ring does not give you unlimited energy, but it cuts all energy costs in half, rounded down. That makes some actions cost no energy for the slaver, such as bathing, traveling between districts, escorting a slave to school, casting spells, and the first two "spend time with" rewards.
thank you for giving your time to write all of these in depth advise, i be sure to review all of them while i play (y)

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes