ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Gave the races a shot as well. The slave has S+ Temperament and Endurance, Pet and Pony with full pony gear, Three taming points. Savescumming the same race, it starts with two sharp turns. Using only alloy wheels at 6 weight, attempting to draw reigns both times, the cart topples over or breaks at 7 km/h at the second turn without deviation from that result, wounding and losing us the race. Quite hilarious :D.
Haven't won the race yet, but will let you know if and how i did.
On the second segment, what happens if you maneuver instead of drawing the reins? Or upgrade the sides of the chariot? Taming at only 3 points is suboptimal, more taming increases maneuverability. Slaves of different ages also have intrinsic differences in performance.

UnceliusM

Jan 10, 2020
On the second segment, what happens if you maneuver instead of drawing the reins? Or upgrade the sides of the chariot? Taming at only 3 points is suboptimal, more taming increases maneuverability. Slaves of different ages also have intrinsic differences in performance.
When managing reigns on second segment the same thing happens. When i upgrade the sides, i survive the second one but lose the durability on the sides(unavoidable). I chose 3 taming because i feel it should give me average manouverability with s+ pony skill, good enough to give you a fighting chance, and i want to be able to win with more or less average chances instead of a completely maxed slave; however, it seems to be barely survivable instead.
Trying to go through a sharp turn at 3km/h at a later section using manage reigns fails the race aswell. The average human walks at 3-4miles/h or 5 km/h to put this into perspective. I do feel like some things need balancing here. Sharp turns seem to be my cryptonite, i can handle the other sections fine, but because i have to be going through those sharp turns at 1 or 2 km/h, i don't think there is a chance for me to win this race. I have to start slowing down several sections before i tackle the curve to successfully pass that section at 1 or 2 km/h.

Question: When i'm on the second curve with 7km/h and 3 handling, when i click draw reigns again, does the cart tackle that curve with the momentum and handling that i had before i chose my next action or with the stats that i would get after i chose the action?

-edit-
unrelated: When spamming draw in reigns, your cart can for a single section go into a negative speed before it correctly displays your 1km/h there onwards. Most likely not an issue but i don't know how or if this affects calculation in any regard, pointing it out just in case.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
When managing reigns on second segment the same thing happens. When i upgrade the sides, i survive the second one but lose the durability on the sides(unavoidable). I chose 3 taming because i feel it should give me average manouverability with s+ pony skill, good enough to give you a fighting chance, and i want to be able to win with more or less average chances instead of a completely maxed slave; however it seems to be barely survivable instead.
Trying to go through a sharp turn at 3km/h at a later section using manage reigns fails the race aswell. The average human walks at 3-4miles/h or 5 km/h to put this into perspective. I do feel like some things need balancing here.

Question: When i'm on the second curve with 7km/h and 3 handling, when i click draw reigns again, does the cart tackle that curve with the momentum and handling that i had before i chose my next action or with the stats that i would get after i chose the action?
Why would you expect to defeat all competitors in a winner-takes-all competition with a less-than-perfectly-trained contestant, particularly when the competitors have more experience than you? :unsure:

After.

UnceliusM

Jan 10, 2020
Why would you expect to defeat all competitors in a winner-takes-all competition with a less-than-perfectly-trained contestant, particularly when the competitors have more experience than you? :unsure:

After.
Fair point. But i definitely would not expect crashing, toppling over, breaking all my ribs while going slower than your average grandma. Besides, the only drawback to this slave is her average taming, the rest of her is S+

GreenPee

Jun 23, 2018
-edit- added the savescum savefile if anyone wants to try.
used your savefile, could not win the race with your slave but I did win it with your assistant xD here are the steps:
-save starts in white town so immediately go to trade sqare, buy wedding dress, go home
-swap slave with assistant, equip her with the wedding dress, plumed briddle, ornamented collar, pony harness, hooved boots
-set your slave (who is now your assistant) to wash the slave, then wash her
-encourage her once, use sententia veritas spell
-train pony once, after that reward with sensual massage
-smell pollen, tell the girl to smell pollen, make her drink kamra
-train pony until S (should end up with 3 positive energy which turned purple)
-go racing, take heavy wheels and armored sides
-use the following commands: start -> whip -> whip -> whip -> manage -> draw -> draw -> draw -> whip -> manage -> whip -> whip

kinda cheated but hey, a win is a win, right?

Reactions: UnceliusM

UnceliusM

Jan 10, 2020
used your savefile, could not win the race with your slave but I did win it with your assistant xD here are the steps:
-save starts in white town so immediately go to trade sqare, buy wedding dress, go home
-swap slave with assistant, equip her with the wedding dress, plumed briddle, ornamented collar, pony harness, hooved boots
-use the following commands: start -> whip -> whip -> whip -> manage -> draw -> draw -> draw -> whip -> manage -> whip -> whip

You got mad skills bro :D

GreenPee

Jun 23, 2018
btw as you guessed terribe maneuverability of the slave was the reason, the track had some brutal requirements on those. Part of the reason was the 3 points in taming but also the fact that milfs get a maneuver penalty. Would it be doable if she had 5 taming? maybe. But for a healthy life just stick to lolis for the races.

UnceliusM

Jan 10, 2020
I did not think about the milf penalty, is there a more specific measure on how much it takes away from maneuverability?

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018

this here is why i think races are retarded
you shouldn't be expected to have to save-scum or use any-ways under the sun to simply win a race
i think not ending first in it wouldn't be that bad if races weren't that dangerous as well

as it stand,
races are not only really hard, but also stupidly dangerous
beside Vuljin, you have absolutely no-reasons to train a horse-champion
even NPCs who requires pet-ponygirls don't ask you to train them into race-winners
they only ask you to make a slave which fill their requirements

it dosn't rely that much on the slave itself, or the master,
as the chances of winning entirely depend on RNG and how much you're willing to retry until you finaly figure-out a way to get to the finish-line,
and while i'm sure somes peoples are okay with it, i don't think it's really endearing or fun
which is a shame considering races are also pretty complexes and well-thought

it's weird how races are both reliant on the player not being a dumbass,
while also being so reliant on RNG reliant at the same-time

UnceliusM

Jan 10, 2020
this here is why i think races are retarded
you shouldn't be expected to have to save-scum or use any-ways under the sun to simply win a race
i think not ending first in it wouldn't be that bad if races weren't that dangerous as well

as it stand,
races are not only really hard, but also stupidly dangerous
beside Vuljin, you have absolutely no-reasons to train a horse-champion
even NPCs who requires pet-ponygirls don't ask you to train them into race-winners
they only ask you to make a slave which fill their requirements

it dosn't rely that much on the slave itself, or the master,
as the chances of winning entirely depend on RNG and how much you're willing to retry until you finaly figure-out a way to get to the finish-line,
and while i'm sure somes peoples are okay with it, i don't think it's really endearing or fun
which is a shame considering races are also pretty complexes and well-thought

it's weird how races are both reliant on the player not being a dumbass,
while also being so reliant on RNG reliant at the same-time
I don't think that RNG is the crux of the issue here. When i was failing, i was failing constantly. Trial and error produced the same results each time proportional to the variables and when i used GreenPee's cheat sheet, that method won every time. The numbers at play here calculate to some certain result depending on actions, stats and repeat without fail, which implies RNG isn't the problem.

Last edited:

UnceliusM

Jan 10, 2020
By the way, on the topic of racing in general in this game, what do you guys think about potentially in the future, expanding the racing in this game to something akin to the world of rally driving. You already have some foundational elements in place here to make this reality.
We got 3 different classes (loli, young, mature) each have their respective pro's and con's like cars have.
A rally championship is composed of several tracks, each of which is easier or harder on the corresponding cars.
You don't have to win every race to win the championship. Points to determine the winner would carry over until the final race has been completed.
By adding weights to track generation you can generate random maps that would be vaguely more suitable to a class.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

GreenPee

Jun 23, 2018
What are the conditions needed to be met for your sister to appear? I recieved the patrician status from the undead, then only later finished the pope's request. No sister. Is my save ruined?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
What are the conditions needed to be met for your sister to appear? I recieved the patrician status from the undead, then only later finished the pope's request. No sister. Is my save ruined?
Have you selected Johny? :unsure:

GreenPee

Jun 23, 2018
Yes

Edit: attaching my savefile, this is right before giving the pope his girl, maybe I'm missing something

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Yes

Edit: attaching my savefile, this is right before giving the pope his girl, maybe I'm missing something
Thanks for the savefile. ImperatorAugustusTertius might have the answer when he returns

does it only work with johny ?
and another question pls
do i need to have the loli pack installed for the sister to appear ?
It was originally a mod, and it appeared very recently in the history of JONT, so I am not very familiar with it.

In theory, yes it works only with Johny.

And (still in theory) you don't need to have the loli pack as of v2.2 as the sister has been made older for the no-loli version.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Thanks for the savefile. ImperatorAugustusTertius might have the answer when he returns

It was originally a mod, and it appeared very recently in the history of JONT, so I am not very familiar with it.

In theory, yes it works only with Johny.

And (still in theory) you don't need to have the loli pack as of v2.2 as the sister has been made older for the no-loli version.
Small oversight. The event chain will only start if the game is not set to “no loli” mode. I think when I was testing the age switch I used a saved game after the event chain already triggered so I missed that.

LewdGanglia

Dec 13, 2020
The only order that directly gives bonus to maneuverability is managing the reins. Drawing actually lowers your maneuverability, it's just that the decrease in speed usually improves it more.
I wasn't aware of this, thank you. I tried a few times and now I manage to avoid crashing and win a bit more but its still way too frustrating and I rely on quickload too much so I just gave up on racing. Still, it's nice to know and thank you for taking time to respond.

I also think it's too hard. But ImperatorAugustusTertius, the other developer, said he had yet to enter a race he couldn't win and that it was almost too easy ^^
But you can't compare someone who know from memory how each section works with exact math formula to people who started and stumble around and don't know a bunch of things.

I'll put it in the roadmap for a future version, that a race difficulty examination would be nice, but honestly I wouldn't know where to begin. Balancing it for all the playerbase is a daunting task.
Wouldn't it be possible for each difficulty setting have a different skills checks values in the race?

===
Also, I been playing this game on and off from time to time and it's quite interesting and addicting, so I would like to thank the original creator and current maintainers for it.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes