Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
Point taken. What's mm though?
some has lm/gm/mm and so on between those 3 letters, l=loli g=young m=milf

With the amont of time I took to correct the eye color everytime I'm just dying inside lol

But yeah, sure, that'd avoid images never to be seen, as well as avoid repetition. :)
lol sry man i feel awful about your hard work getting side bench treatment, guess that's the downside of how late we came into communicating about and sharing ideas about our respective works

Feb 25, 2019
One question, will the version 2.0 will have the "impossible" to view images like in .7.5?
Also, it will be possible to substitute some pics gif or other pics like in the current version? I actually don't mind some censored or gif pic if the art is good
I think those impossible to view images are incorrect image references. Either the jack.qsp or json files are referring to non-existent filenames or incorrect filepaths in the content folder of those images. Especially when these involve the json files, it's tedious work.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Hi qwerty. You can probably create two sets, one that would make it easier for PAM to complete the json files as early as possible and another with the current eye names in case someone in the future decides to do something about it.
Create two set? Hm :geek: It seems like a lot of additional trouble for not much benefits. I'd rather focus on adding/editing images from now on. The rest is on you guys ;)

I think those impossible to view images are incorrect image references. Either the jack.qsp or json files are referring to non-existent filenames or incorrect filepaths in the content folder of those images. Especially when these involve the json files, it's tedious work.
There are two that annoy me very much. When the slaver does food by himself and when he goes to sleep, there's an image supposed to load, but it doesn't. I tried 1.21 and the bug has been present from the beginning. It'd be AMAZING if it was fixed for 2.0.

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
There are two that annoy me very much. When the slaver does food by himself and when he goes to sleep, there's an image supposed to load, but it doesn't. I tried 1.21 and the bug has been present from the beginning. It'd be AMAZING if it was fixed for 2.0.
if you have the images for them give them to me and i will make it work somehow

Feb 25, 2019
Create two set? Hm :geek: It seems like a lot of additional trouble for not much benefits. I'd rather focus on adding/editing images from now on. The rest is on you guys ;)
It's your mod man. I'll respect your decision. (y)

Yeah, I know of those two particular missing images. Finding those references in the json files are a real pain. And to think PAM was doing ~3K json reference checks. :eek:

Reactions: qwertyu12359
Feb 25, 2019
PAM and qwerty, here's a link to the Russian version of the game that ordos had been talking about. I can't get a copy yet since free users of the file hosting site are limited to downloading 1 GB. The game is 1.4 GB.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ordos or someone else can probably get us a copy of the qsp or even the game itself. For your reference.

• Wow
Reactions: qwertyu12359
Feb 25, 2019
Hello, I tested the fix for the egg laying text on the anatomy screen. Commenting out that line seems to have resolved it, great find!
Just be on the lookout if that inadvertently breaks anything. :p

I have noticed a few problems with the scheduled events, the chariot races and fights in the coliseum seem to change unexpectedly. I need to do a bit more research before I can make a proper bug report though.
Can you provide more details about these? To clarify, the scheduled events (auction, races and fights) are all supposed to take place every 8 days? Since they all start at different days, none of these are supposed to coincide correct?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kindly comment if the above fix works for the chariot race.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Where in the world do you find all these obscure versions of Jack anyway? :eek:

So Crushboss is a Russian guy? I communicated with him once through PM. He posted flawless English. Anyhow, can you contact, and if possible persuade, him to keep engaged with Jack's F95 community? I tried communicating with him recently but he seemed to be unresponsive.

Do you have a working copy of the Russian version of Jack by Mars & Jinn? I found a site with the link but it doesn't allow downloads for free users.
Crushboss does post here from time to time. His username on F95 is spectre1viper.

https://f95zone.to/members/spectre1viper.216358/

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
I've read people comment about choosing a title between 1.8.1 and 2.0. As an old player, if I played 1.7.5 and saw in the topic title "1.8.1", I 'd think: "so they updated the game? It's cool that the development is back on track". But I wouldn't even click on the topic. However, if I read "800 new slaves, QOL improvements, sex training scenes entirely uncensored" I would download it without a second breath ("2.0 F95 Edition" would work just as much :p). This is actually a big deal, something that never was done before for the game, it deserves its naming to be subsequent (in my opinion).
Your work - your rules. (Actually your work is great! I have already checked it)
I just stated my point of view as a player who spent a lot of time in order to deal with all these versions. The result of this was the uplift of version 1.8 for myself as well as for the community.
By the way, your explanation fits the work of these guys, so that they also call their version 2.0?
They actually have made the same thing - took main version of the Crushboss`s Jack HF, along with recent patches to it and began to do their work over this. I just found out that they are finalizing graphic content too. But not so hard as you do. their main focus is on adding new levels and quests

Well then, how the newcomers will know what of the forks is your v.2.0 and wich previous versions it consists?
Mars & Jin called their version 1.7.7... so it leads us to the base version 1.7.x, which is mosly the work of the Crushboss and company in the versions Jack HF 1.7.3-1.7.5.

ordos, I didn't know the development was happening elsewhere, it seems pretty underground. It would be cool if they came here, we'd work better and faster towards a common goal! :)
Not so underground when you have google :).
at the moment they have 675 followers on the in the Russian social network vk .com
And yes - it would be cool, indeed, but I am afraid of two things - different point of views and language barrier.

Where in the world do you find all these obscure versions of Jack anyway? :eek:
Google and ye shall find!
"Jack-o-nine-tails 1.7.7.4"

So Crushboss is a Russian guy?
I have no idea, but I don`t think so.

Do you have a working copy of the Russian version of Jack by Mars & Jinn? I found a site with the link but it doesn't allow downloads for free users.
unfortunately not.
I was scared to get lost in a new forest of a complex gameplay of the Jack-o-nine, without a corresponding wiki.

Ordos or someone else can probably get us a copy of the qsp or even the game itself. For your reference.
I was able to get jack qsp from 1.7.7.4 Mars & Jin - see in atachment

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
ordos 1.7.7 is not a international version, so it's underground by default; it won't be played by any non-Russian talking person on the planet.

2 possibilities : Either we try to find a Russian translator to work on translating what's been added by them and make it work with our improved 1.8.
Or someone here manages to reach them and make them understand that the international version is getting some hype, in order to convince them to work all together for an unified version, in English.

Either way, since there's been a version 1.8 and we're updating it, we can't rollback to the number they use (1.7.7.x). No matter what, the following dichotomy will lead to the same result:
- If we can't achieve any of both possibilities, we'd have to consider our development and theirs to be separated. Therefore, we wouldn't have to take into account what they do with their game and how they label it.
- If we manage to implement their significative improvements into our next version, it'd justify even more the label "2.0" (more than 1.7.7.x).

And to be clear, I don't consider what's coming to be a cosmetic update, but an overhaul, and a fresh start. Above all, be sure not to forget how everyone is working hard on this thread to come up with new bugfixes, and also the promising features PAM is putting inside this new version and the upcoming ones. All of this combined sounds exciting, doesn't it? :)

Funny thing is nobody suggested "1.9"... makes me think about how Windows 9 never existed; everybody hate this number I guess :p

Last edited:

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
qwertyu12359 I do not insist on anything. My goal is to bring all the available information for the transparency of the situation. And decision making remains for those who invest.

Funny thing is nobody suggested "1.9"... makes me think about how Windows 9 never existed; everybody hate this number I guess :p
Actually there was so called version 1.9
And in order not to generate additional confusion - it is better for no one else to occupy this number.

Last edited:

Powerairmax

Sep 30, 2018
This might be a silly question but can someone make a gif that doesn't loop? cause if so then oh dear lord the storm inside my head about the new UI overhaul I'm planning on doing gonna be something else

taler

Oct 5, 2017
It sounds like we're set on 2.0 but 1.10 is also a thing that could be used.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
It sounds like we're set on 2.0 but 1.10 is also a thing that could be used.
That would confuse newcomers into thinking it's 1.1.0 with a typo and it would need unnecessary disclaimers (it's often used, but it really doesn't make sense).
I'm pretty settled on 2.0 since it's the number that makes more sense for an overhaul of 1.8 after two years of the international version being absolutely dead and the community to take charge of the development to have changed. "1.8 F95 edition" would sound lame and undermine our work. Moreover, we'll have to eventually skip 1.9 to 2.0, so let's do it now that we are providing the most incremental update that has been made in years (although such a collective effort can happen in the future, it'd be unnecessary speculation for only a version number)..

This might be a silly question but can someone make a gif that doesn't loop? cause if so then oh dear lord the storm inside my head about the new UI overhaul I'm planning on doing gonna be something else
It seems quite straightforward to do :)

Last edited:

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
If you want to try to revive the community, the v2.0 it's the best solution.
Calling a version 1.10 isn't that bad if the development of the game it's constant, so you could expect a 1.11, 12, 13 and so on.. but I don't think that this is the case.

Will be there new gameplay features into 2.0? Or just 1.8 with revised image content?

olo1990pl

Dec 16, 2017
Why not use "(new) 2019 Jack-o-Nine-Tales - F95 EDITION"? After that you could shortcut it to "Jack-o-Nine-Tales F95" and use 1.x.x (or YYMMDD/other coding) for next versions/updates.
Jack-o-Nine-Tales 2.0 could mislead people that Old Huntsman still makes it.

Also is there any ETA for it?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Will be there new gameplay features into 2.0? Or just 1.8 with revised image content?
I know there will be some bugfixes, and lots of new slaves added. If I remember correctly, there'll be other features too, Powerairmax is responsible for it and he will be able to answer better than me (unless he wants to keep a bit of mystery :p)

Why not use "(new) 2019 Jack-o-Nine-Tales - F95 EDITION"? After that you could shortcut it to "Jack-o-Nine-Tales F95" and use 1.x.x (or YYMMDD/other coding) for next versions/updates.
Jack-o-Nine-Tales 2.0 could mislead people that Old Huntsman still makes it.
Every version from the HF community was labeled as a higher number than Old Huntsman. If we have a higher number than version 1.7.5 or 1.7.6, people will download our version. If we make a "F95 edition" labeled with a lesser number, it'll confuse every newcomer into asking what version should they take. It's also fair to keep continuity with what has been done before us.

"f95 edition" is a bet, though. I wish people from all possible communities would consider gathering around, and work on it in the future. Either "f95 Edition" will make us appear like a closed sect, or it will give us strong enough credibility to make people think: "the main development is now happening there, let's all sign up and help them".

Let's hope for the second outcome :)

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
I can't remove the leather shackles from my slave's hands. With everything else there's an option to remove what she's wearing.

4.00 star(s) 62 Votes