VN - Ren'Py - Jason, Coming of Age [v0.11.0] [CoeurDeCochon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

WillyJohnFargo

v0.11.0 - Solid stuff. Good story, a familiar one about a young man moving out on his own and all the love interests that come along. But different enough from the usual material. Certain flair that gives it an exoticness not seen from the NA or Eastern Euro games. Renders are good, thoughtful and plentiful. My biggest concern will be can the dev(s) maintain a good release pace while keeping the quality so high? We shall see. But already worth checking out.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

cool.mint

Jason the MC, is a self proclaimed alpha male. But he looks and acts like a butch lesbian that takes himself too seriously. He is dripping in plot armor, every move he makes is right, he can do no wrong. It gets dull, like pressing the repeat button.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

consumptionist

V0.11.0

visually this is not bad. inconsistent, but not an eyesore.

dialogue switched language from english to french for a lot of dialogue.
    i chose bald for one girl and got hairy imagery.
    the moment santa held up a device with a gem that wipes memory i lost almost all interest. i never got pulled back in.

3 years old and still not far along from when it first got released. all interest in this one has been wiped away as the plot/writing do nothing to build any intrigue for me.
    it is not poorly written, just not doing anything for me.
    given an average rating but still not something i will return to
  4. 5.00 star(s)

geoland

Excellent jeu et en français de surcroit, ce qui est rare et a le mérite d’être précisé.De très beaux rendus , à mon avis, l'un des meilleurs jeux du site.
    Excellent game and in French in addition, which is rare and has the merit of being specified. Very beautiful renderings, in my opinion, one of the best games on the site.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Dreezky

I rarely give it 5 because I think games can get better, but this one is already really good.
    - An interesting story
    - Pretty renders
    - Several in-game choices
    - Customization of certain characters for certain aspects
    - Different types of girl
    I highly recommend you give it a try.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Govram

Jason, Coming of Age [v0.10.0a]

Pros
    • Fairly good image renders.
    • Fairly good quality of animations.
    • Play-ability and performance are all just OK no issue

Cons
    • Repeated occurrences of clicks notification for journal / gallery update are really annoying.
    • Phone interface has virtually no use so far (current ending of v0.10.0a)
    • Weird fetishes of hair on genitals.
    • Unwanted scenarios like MC’s friend masturbation being caught by his sister unnecessary and had no continuity.
    • The game is tagged as incest (MS & BS) but until now [v0.10.0a] there is nothing and some how the sister is lesbian and her girlfriend is indicated as sister-in-law.
    • Lack of genuine-sense for sexuality.
    • Lack of seductiveness in sexual approach.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

John_Smith

Very nice project, waiting for more updates. Nice choices, different styles with different approaches to situations, very cool.

Awesome renders too, made with a nice style and good design. Keep up the good work!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Larscoolingen

Fantastic renders and an intriguing story! I can't wait for more. There are some hot girls in this game with the ability to change their pubic hair. Really liked Lexi as a girlfriend.
    However I feel like it's almost too many women to choose from. Nah, i'm kidding!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

gibson81

I’m relatively new to this category of games, but I have tried like +80 games in the last 10 months, and most games are very forgettable. However, about 15 games are very memorable and I enjoyed them very much on many levels. Jason, Coming of Age really stands out among my personal top-games. It's different in a good way.

I like how it builds up the different personalities of the characters. I also like that most characters have very “normal” looks, both women and men. It’s easier to relate to people of these looks than having perfect models in every scene, it makes them look more real. Personally I find many situations more interesting when there’s diversity among the characters. Here you find young and old, thin and chubby, natural body hair which is very rare to find in these games. The renders are very beautiful most of the time with some exceptions, sometimes I see some backgrounds which look very simple compared to some other renders in the game.

The game is still pretty short so far, but the build up is very good, I can’t wait to see how it develops. Among my favorites this is the game where I am mostly looking forward to the update. So for me this is a 5-star game, however it's’ not perfect, it has its flaws here and there, but the beautiful renders, interesting characters and story makes me love this game.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Jaga Telesin

Giving Jason, Coming of Age (0.10.0a) a 2.9 out of 5 stars for now. It is very short, so don't plan on more than a single day playing it.

+ Decent renders, seems like there's a bit of a grain filter on most for 'realism'
    + Characters have different personalities and are visually real (not everyone is a supermodel, some are either old or very fat)
    + Story has a bit of a twist
    + A few (very few) sex scenes, which don't really ramp up (handjob/blowjob/etc) before going full-on penetration with the characters
    + Animations are decent enough for scenes

- Story twist fails to fully develop before current ending (v0.10.0a)
    --- Game is so short after 3+ years of development, I think I only had 5-6 hours of gameplay. Right now it's basically an AVN teaser
    - LI interface is a bit nebulous, with bars and other elements not explained
    - Phone interface has virtually no use in current build
    -- Far too much hair on genitals, though the option to remove with some LIs is present. Seems like the author has a fetish for it and inserted that into the game. Seeing MC's sister in a memory with ungodly amounts of vaginal hair was a complete turn-off, as were some other scenes with it.
    -- Christmas 'event' is a bit cheesy and forced into the plot. The power origin story is not very well fabricated as a result.

While the game has promise, and was interesting to play for 5-6 hours, it was unfulfilling from a reader/viewer perspective. Looking at the Patreon page, it seems like too much effort has been put on extra renders and extraneous work instead of the game itself, which is lagging behind any appreciable momentum towards completion. It might take another 6-7 years to finish at the rate it is going.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

louisamay

The artistry in this game is amazing. That, along with the characterization, interesting plotlines, and unique relationships, make this one of the best games going. I wish this peppery pig's heart a long career doing this stuff because they are so damn good. Bravissimaya!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

VNfan00

A well deserved 5/5. My only complaint is that there isn't 5 more episodes yet! I love the variety of characters even if some are not my cup of tea its greatly appreciated. You have the ability to unlock and choose a "hairstyle" of your liking for each LI independently which is awesome. This is very much a VN you will go back and play multiple times to try the other choices and you will be rewarded with far different scenes and even different LI's in doing so. Well done.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sfree21

imo, one of the best adult visual novels, the renders, the music, the characters, the mistery and powers, hot sex scenes.

the girls are naughty and very open minded in relationship, for harem they are perfect
    I expect very hot scenes in the future
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Hesctai

I just want to contribute to the average rating of this game, which truly deserves it.

Without delving into a long review, as much has already been said in the numerous reviews where this one will soon get lost :)

The major strengths in my opinion are the very original characters, both in their appearance and personality, as well as the various connections that can exist between them.

As a French speaker, I also greatly appreciate being able to follow a visual novel of this quality in my native language, which is exceedingly rare and worth highlighting :)

The downside: my own impatience to see even more, with the hope that all possible connections will eventually come to fruition :)

And just to participate a bit in the debate of June 2024: for now, I have complete trust in the creator's choices for quality updates. Even if sometimes we go back a bit to return to a branching point that didn’t exist before and thus discover new characters and connections, if it enriches the game, I’m all for it. I'm not eager for the game to end; I'm just eager to always have more content within this universe :)

Those who are lowering the average rating of this game with improbable scores of 1 or 2 stars are clearly in bad faith ;-)
  15. 1.00 star(s)

striker.js

This game is very weird. A little weird is great, because otherwise all games would pretty much be the same and get boring, but this is too weird for me. Part of it is the translation to English, part of it is the creepy/perverted/rapey vibe, and part of it is repeatedly pushing unsolicited gay messages/views/actions* at you (yes, even if you say you are heterosexual at the start).

The game starts off very interesting as Lexie is cute and the superpower is pretty awesome.

• pixelated, grainy, blurry renders with poor lighting, this especially seems to happen with Lexie (the silver lining is you don't have to see detailed nasty DAZ unkept bushes). She could be very sexy with sharper pictures and a better complexion.
    • nasty DAZ unkept bushes (more like forests). you are out of luck if you like looking at pussy in many of the lewd scenes. Body hair generally looks disgusting/unnatural in DAZ-generated pics IMO.
    • the game has the incest tag but the sister is a lesbian. Seriously, wtf? This is a no-win situation...either no sex with the sister ever or she magically becomes aroused by men because of MC (which is obnoxious).
    • many of the women are unappealing for various reasons - obese, old, look like men, obnoxious watermelon size boobs, nasty DAZ bushes, are prostitutes or some combination thereof.
    • very poor treatment of women
    • what's the point of asking the player if they are hetero or gay if you are going to force so much gay content* anyway? it would be easy to hide it using 'if' statements (which is done for so many other things).
    • missing tags - gay, lesbian, mind control, non-consent/rape (sleep sex with a stranger).
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

evakisslover

this game has everything that i ever wanted in a adult game: great VN, good story, choices that matter and variety of characters, including males and futa. I only hope that at some point doesn't take too long to deliver updates
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Pidaras10

A Really good game, with a nice story, graphics and sound effects, really nice characters and variety of content... would highly recommend to anyone that likes story adult games... PS and anyone who likes trans content
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Lust0ne

Enjoyable game, decently paced, good story to it and the models are a gem! Plus thank you for choice of keeping the bush :p(y). Seriously though it's worth a play, wish updates were a bit more often, but for good content sometimes waiting a bit is needed.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

flaviopaganini

It had been a long time since I picked up a great Visual Novel, and I found this game wonderful. Starting with the protagonist, who isn't an idiot or a failure. On the contrary, he's moving into his house and starting a full-time job. Another interesting thing is the love interests; they are all normal girls, not the supermodels we are used to in most Visual Novels that have been coming out.

The renderings are very good, as is the sound. I'm not sure about the licensing of these songs, but if the developer managed to get it, my congratulations.

I heard some complaints about the delay in delivery and the small amount of content in this last update. I can't evaluate that because I just discovered the game, so it was all new to me.

I highly recommend you play it and support the developer on Patreon.

Just a warning: at the beginning, a psychologist asks us several questions, and one is about sharing. So I think there might be NTR if you say you share your girlfriend.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

BearLicker

Just great the story is weird and wonderful, the art is super nice. OMG the bushes :love: a dream come true. Definitely be watching this one. Now I have to wait for another update. oh well back to the grind.