VN Ren'Py Jennifer's Life [v0.9] [AbsentStudio]

3.50 star(s) 17 Votes

seaoflove

Jan 31, 2023
I don't think this game should have a "Corruption" tag. I will make my case for that:

The corruption tag is defined as: Corruption [Corrupting someone's mind robbing them of their purity/innocence.]

The game is fairly short so far, and it has 3 choices. Each of which is basically yes or no to a sex scene.

It has the setup for a "Corruption Game", but there is not any corruption in this game.

How does it have the setup? Female protagonist a teacher moving a new town full of lecherous people. That's pretty much a solid setup for a lot of corruption games, and if that is the case why shouldn't it have a corruption tag?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In order for it to be corruption the female that is to be corrupted must have some level of purity and innocence to start out. Based on the results of the first 3 choices there is nothing to corrupt as she is already too highly corrupted at the start and she lacks any purity or innocence.

Corruption is a gradual process. She jumps right into highly corrupt activities.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I don't think this game should have a "Corruption" tag. I will make my case for that:

The corruption tag is defined as: Corruption [Corrupting someone's mind robbing them of their purity/innocence.]

The game is fairly short so far, and it has 3 choices. Each of which is basically yes or no to a sex scene.

It has the setup for a "Corruption Game", but there is not any corruption in this game.

How does it have the setup? Female protagonist a teacher moving a new town full of lecherous people. That's pretty much a solid setup for a lot of corruption games, and if that is the case why shouldn't it have a corruption tag?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In order for it to be corruption the female that is to be corrupted must have some level of purity and innocence to start out. Based on the results of the first 3 choices there is nothing to corrupt as she is already too highly corrupted at the start and she lacks any purity or innocence.

Corruption is a gradual process. She jumps right into highly corrupt activities.
She is a highly naive+innocent character who gets corrupted/manipulated by others. The ease of that happening isn't our measure here.

Tag stays.

seaoflove

Jan 31, 2023
She is a highly naive+innocent character who gets corrupted/manipulated by others. The ease of that happening isn't our measure here.

Tag stays.
I have put a little more thought into it, and still strongly disagree that Jennifer is a corruptible character.

If she is willingly having sex with an unwashed hobo in public right at the start it is not possible to corrupt her as she is already corrupt. You can't make water more wet.

On the other hand, perhaps the corruption tag does make sense if Jennifer is the corrupter of the shota which she may very well be, and not the chunky one that paid her for a BJ. The other one that seems somewhat innocent.

The corruption tag is about a loss of innocence. It is about taking what was pure and then sullying it. If the slut factor is too high at the start it's not corruption, but that does not mean she can not corrupt others who still have their innocence so I suppose it is fair to keep the tag, but not because she is corruptible because... She is not. Too many hotdogs have been thrown down that hallway.

• Haha
Reactions: Jccurtis

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I have put a little more thought into it, and still strongly disagree that Jennifer is a corruptible character.

If she is willingly having sex with an unwashed hobo in public right at the start it is not possible to corrupt her as she is already corrupt. You can't make water more wet.

On the other hand, perhaps the corruption tag does make sense if Jennifer is the corrupter of the shota which she may very well be, and not the chunky one that paid her for a BJ. The other one that seems somewhat innocent.

The corruption tag is about a loss of innocence. It is about taking what was pure and then sullying it. If the slut factor is too high at the start it's not corruption, but that does not mean she can not corrupt others who still have their innocence so I suppose it is fair to keep the tag, but not because she is corruptible because... She is not. Too many hotdogs have been thrown down that hallway.
She's obviously extremely naive/innocent and is manipulated with ease. You are assuming that the ease of placing her into a compromising position somehow implies prior loss of innocence, where in this game it shows how little she understands about the motivations of others and simply doesn't put up any resistance. She was made drunk for the first episode of this manipulation, to the point of it being close to rape. And you, as the player get to determine how easily/quickly she falls in that direction.

It adds up and she begins to expect it and beyond, hence the corruption.

• Angry

seaoflove

Jan 31, 2023
She's obviously extremely naive/innocent and is manipulated with ease. You are assuming that the ease of placing her into a compromising position somehow implies prior loss of innocence, where in this game it shows how little she understands about the motivations of others and simply doesn't put up any resistance. She was made drunk for the first episode of this manipulation, to the point of it being close to rape. And you, as the player get to determine how easily/quickly she falls in that direction.

It adds up and she begins to expect it and further, hence the corruption.

I honestly don't believe she is as naive as she comes off as to you. I think she is already a highly sexual person. I'm not slut shaming or anything. I have to believe one of two things of her based on her various interactions.

Either:

She is a total slut, but hates the idea of being considered a slut so she convinces herself she is innocent and gives off this innocent persona.

or

She has the intelligence level of a small child that rides a short bus.

I don't think she is that dumb.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I honestly don't believe she is as naive as she comes off as to you. I think she is already a highly sexual person. I'm not slut shaming or anything. I have to believe one of two things of her based on her various interactions.

Either:

She is a total slut, but hates the idea of being considered a slut so she convinces herself she is innocent and gives off this innocent persona.

or

She has the intelligence level of a small child that rides a short bus.

I don't think she is that dumb.
All evidence points to her being highly naive and immature, that's the setup for her fate in this game and has precedence in Japanese doujinshi. Easy to manipulate.

Achilicheese

Jan 22, 2021
I think there should be an anal scene with Eric, or a drugged anal scene. Because Eric ask for it and she refuses so he takes desperate measures, is more realistic.

Achilicheese

Jan 22, 2021
They have a and you can see it says v0.5 at 30% done, and was posted 2 days ago.
They have a and you can see it says v0.5 at 30% done, and was posted 2 days ago.

Can’t wait

Reactions: MotionAlex
3.50 star(s) 17 Votes