s_unclealbert

Aug 11, 2019
I don't think anyone is interested in Jeh's Dilemma, after the foot of the mountain masterpiece. They're going to put Melinda in the game to bring people into the game, but at the foot of the mountain there were some points that I think could be different, some point there was a hook for stories that weren't developed and suddenly the story was cut and finished. I think the developer could recreate a few moments at the foot of the mountain that in the end bring up Jen's dilemma. The idea is to create an SNC games universe with the developed games. Then it would make sense for the story and not as a bite game.

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Need I remind you how the previous game from this dev was a pointless grind fest?
Or how much "debatable" content was added to the game (when nobody asked for it) and then removed?
And most importantly need I remind you that after all of the above how anticlimactic and rushed the ending was?
(not to mention the game prior to FOTM was abandoned altogether)
Bear these things in mind and make no mistake about it - this game will be no different.
As for me - this was the last time I tried the "game" from this dev and definitely not gonna touch any project from this dev ever again.
P.S. As the dev said, "The game will feature Melinda, in a "madam" or " brothel keeper" role" - which means she will, probably, turn into a whore... just you watch.

Last edited:

ronhowardeen

Dec 22, 2018
V3 is about a hundred new renders and no animations. The main event of the update is that you let your mom's friend use your room to prostitute herself out to two guys. The MC appears to be several versions away from getting anywhere with anyone despite mindlessly grinding every day. There's just so little you can even call content here that this game is starting to cross the line from curiously bad to unplayably bad.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I don't think anyone is interested in Jeh's Dilemma, after the foot of the mountain masterpiece. They're going to put Melinda in the game to bring people into the game, but at the foot of the mountain there were some points that I think could be different, some point there was a hook for stories that weren't developed and suddenly the story was cut and finished. I think the developer could recreate a few moments at the foot of the mountain that in the end bring up Jen's dilemma. The idea is to create an SNC games universe with the developed games. Then it would make sense for the story and not as a bite game.
I have a feeling you aren't speaking ironically about Foot of the Mountains being a "Masterpiece" because it WAS a masterpiece if you take into account that it's opposite day whenever that statement is made.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I don't want to speak ill of to dev, I honestly believe he's trying. But I can't seem to find the passion for this. It feels like it's a mash up of the previous games and recycled models. Melinda feels like a life preserver just tossed in to save this vn and that's not right. Personally it's my opinion that FOTM deserves a proper reboot with a well thought out storyline and better games mechanics (I actually suggested to him that he look at the mechanics behind DeLuca Family for inspiration once). I think he tried some of it with vn and sandbox modes but the execution was not good. Foot of the mountain had the potential to be one of the best VN's ever... It started with a bang, parents getting killed. MC moved in with badass mafia boss uncle and aunt. Hints of mystery, immaculate graphics..... Then everything fell apart. I wish him the best but it makes no sense reinventing the wheel over and over again. There are examples there already that can be followed and applied to his own creation(mechanics and engine wise) . There are many talents that I'm positive can/will help translate his ideas into a great story to be told. I can only hope one day he does FOTM justice and probably develops his story telling skills or brings on board someone who can cover that so he can focus on the artwork. Maybe someone for coding too, can only imagine what a Serial/Pink Cake or Philly Games or even Lewdlabs collaboration would look like......
And I thought John Lennon was a dreamer for wanting world peace in Imagine. I commend you for having ANY hope for this DEV. I remember coming back from classes and starting to play Foot of the Mountains. I enjoyed it for a while. The next day I wanted to have a bit of private time before classes and the grind was so bad that after 2 hours of no progress I go to class dejected. I followed the walkthrough too... It was only coming back months later that I saw the NTR tag on the game after a year and a half of Harem dreams... what a joke!

This game, not too different from FotM in the department of Love-Interest-ruining-fun is a pimping game... where women that you want to bang are banging others? What the hell?

On your note about remaking FotM... I can never see this Dev every making a game that doesn't feature NTR heavily. A previous staff member of his apparently introduced the "cuck" characters and the Dev became enamored with the idea of NTR. So much so that he was convinced it would make the game better...

TheRef

Aug 2, 2019
Based on comments I am guessing this a massive sandbox grind like Foot of the Mountains?..if so I'll pass. FoTM should have a carpal tunnel warning label I never finished it got so annoying.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So can someone explain what's going on with this game? I assume the MC is the same model from the last game, the one in the banner, yet he isnt present in any of the preview images. Its all other dudes and what I assume to be Jenny? So is this just a voguer/cuck game?

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
So can someone explain what's going on with this game? I assume the MC is the same model from the last game, the one in the banner, yet he isnt present in any of the preview images. Its all other dudes and what I assume to be Jenny? So is this just a voguer/cuck game?
Nope and yes. Daniel and Melinda are also characters in this VN also, but the MC almost looks like the same Daniel model. Alas honestly I can't say much about this game because frankly there isn't much yet.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Nope and yes. Daniel and Melinda are also characters in this VN also, but the MC almost looks like the same Daniel model. Alas honestly I can't say much about this game because frankly there isn't much yet.
Yeah it seems like this game has quite the identity crisis going on, but what can you really expect from SNC.

s_unclealbert

Aug 11, 2019
I have a feeling you aren't speaking ironically about Foot of the Mountains being a "Masterpiece" because it WAS a masterpiece if you take into account that it's opposite day whenever that statement is made.
I didn't say ironically, I think it was a great game, it really had a story to tell, which was cut at the end and some points weren't even developed, like Shirley's case. If in Jen's Dilemma, there was an ending where Daniel and Melinda went for some reason to live where they live and put Jen somehow had a little history with them, there would be an engagement for the new game.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Yeah it seems like this game has quite the identity crisis going on, but what can you really expect from SNC.
I was one of his patrons for a while and a patron for a few others. I believe in supporting these guys because I'm trying to create a VN myself (more practice than create at this time and it's hard). He is skilled in graphics but comes up short in story telling, VN design and maybe coding. I think he needs to be part of a good team with a good project manager to keep everything flowing smoothly and not go off track with whims. My thoughts are minds and not intended to try to sway anyone one else.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I didn't say ironically, I think it was a great game, it really had a story to tell, which was cut at the end and some points weren't even developed, like Shirley's case. If in Jen's Dilemma, there was an ending where Daniel and Melinda went for some reason to live where they live and put Jen somehow had a little history with them, there would be an engagement for the new game.
If you like story, the little story it had, that's cool. However, it was not a good game at all. It was badly structured, badly programmed and badly planned. It is the most grindy game I ever played and I LOVED it at first prior to the mega grind it made you do in the later parts of Part 1. The NTR sealed the deal for me, but again, we can differ on opinion on the story. Even if you like the game, a masterpiece is a humongous leap.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
He is skilled in graphics but comes up short in story telling, VN design and maybe coding.
I would argue that he was skilled at graphics at the time but now compared to the other adult VN's that are out his renders are okay at best. The adult VN industry has evolved compared to what it was like when he first started making FOTM.

Other developers have improved and he is still stuck at the exact same place he started at with a ridiculous grindy game with a shit story and the only thing keeping him relevant is his past reputation and Melinda and both of those things seem to be slowly losing their effect. Just look how dead this thread is and how little people seem to give a shit about this game.

Last edited:

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Laziest fucking dev ever. Characters T-posing all over the place, can't even be bothered to make eye contact, everyone seems to be looking past the MC and into the void. It wouldn't be much of a big deal if there was a captivating story behind to make up for it or atleast a tiny bit of improvement throughtout the whole development, but there is none of that.
And what's worse, with each subsequent game they released the quality seems to be getting even worse.

An absolute bottom.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I would argue that he was skilled at graphics at the time but now compared to the other adult VN's that are out his renders are okay at best. The adult VN industry has evolved compared to what it was like when he first started making FOTM.

Other developers have improved and he is still stuck at the exact same place he he started at with a ridiculous grindy game with a shit story and the only thing keeping him relevant is his past reputation and Melinda and both of those things seem to be slowly losing their effect. Just look how dead this thread is and how little people seem to give a shit about this game.
Agreed, FOTM left a bad taste in a lot of his patrons mouths.... And some his piratrons too. If he ever pulls off a comeback that VN would be epic. This VN however is not it.

1.60 star(s) 54 Votes