4.10 star(s) 184 Votes

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
In my case, for example, what I want to modify is when Jessica goes out with Blake on day 13, I want to get the part where Conner goes with both.
He uses some sort of collection, no idea why. You need the console (shift-O), to activate it you may need unren. There you enter the lines: choices.remove ("d08blakeKiss") and: choices.append ("d08blakeConner")
You have to change that before the phone call with Blake.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
He uses some sort of collection, no idea why. You need the console (shift-O), to activate it you may need unren. There you enter the lines: choices.remove ("d08blakeKiss") and: choices.append ("d08blakeConner")
You have to change that before the phone call with Blake.
mmmm I'll try that

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
It's actually pretty clean coding, most choices are stored in an array instead of having several string or boolean variables, adding more with each update.
Is it? Ok, I don't really know anything about Renpy coding or Phyton, so please bear with me if I'm completely ignorant here.
I can see that a big advantage is you never get an error if you forget to define a variable or have a typo in a variable.
But I see also a big disadvantage, you never get an error if you forget to define a variable or have a typo in a variable.
So you exchange your easily findable syntax errors for logic errors which you may never find.
That is what I don't understand :confused:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Is it? Ok, I don't really know anything about Renpy coding or Phyton, so please bear with me if I'm completely ignorant here.
I can see that a big advantage is you never get an error if you forget to define a variable or have a typo in a variable.
But I see also a big disadvantage, you never get an error if you forget to define a variable or have a typo in a variable.
So you exchange your easily findable syntax errors for logic errors which you may never find.
That is what I don't understand :confused:
The point is not about getting less errors with this decision but a centralized place for all decisions made in the game. By having only 'choices made' piling up in a single place it becomes truly global and leads to less headaches when it comes to error fixxing and debugging. Once a decision is made by the player it ends up on a stack and it is easy and fast for a programme to search through these. So instead of looking through several scripts for flags it is one central stack of decisions. If a decision is not on the stack, probability that it hasnt been made at all is very high, as all occurences of choices use the exact same method.

Reactions: Ass Fan and dundun

supppppbroooo

Dec 15, 2020
Hello everyone, I've known this game for so long but haven't played it yet and always waiting to get more and more content before starting it. But as I see updating this game takes time.. so i need your advice if is it worth it and has decent content for me to start it or not..

• Haha
Reactions: pavlogrk
May 7, 2021
Hello everyone, I've known this game for so long but haven't played it yet and always waiting to get more and more content before starting it. But as I see updating this game takes time.. so i need your advice if is it worth it and has decent content for me to start it or not..
It depends on what you're looking for. I've enjoyed my time with the game, but I like scenes with Connor (Jessica's bf) and don't care for most of the other males in the game. Others have complained about lack of content with those characters which I didn't even notice because I wasn't looking for it.

Envoye

Jul 12, 2021
It is a good mix of story, different characters, sex scenes and some choices for different routes. I just played one, but I enjoy the game. :)

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
I wish there is an option to change Conor's name
Here's a solution.

You can access an "edit names" menu with a transparent button in the top right corner of the game (hover your mouse over there to see the button).

Changes are persistent so it will apply to all of your saves and replays (as long as the mod is installed).

It won't break your saves (no original files are modified). If you remove the mod (by deleting bibifoc folder) or play the next version without this mod, the game will just return to original names.

This mod will very probably be compatible with later versions of JOHN.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

!!! It's possible names aren't correctly replaced in some situations. Please let me know if this is the case. !!!

Install: Unzip edit_names.4.zip in <JOHN folder>/game folder.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 184 Votes