4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
this is definitely coming from the game as luendi jessica will stop by blake's coffee shop to talk about their evening spent with the two of them or with conner or david.

do you have the text of the message? I'm curious to read what he wrote
from Stoper:

"Hi, everyone.

I finished a crowdy scene this week. These are always hard to work with - more character to pose and fix, it's harder to set up the lighting, and the video memory limit always peeks behind your shoulder. Video memory is one of these things that the more of it you have, the more you want. A nice crowd in a public place make the scene more authentic looking and adds to that feeling that there is a world around the main cast of characters.

What do you think? Does such details matter to you? Do you even notice them?

The development pace is decent, but I still haven't managed to take full advantage of the double rig setup. There's still work to do on the update.

That's all for now, back to work. Have fun, and thanks for the support."

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
from Stoper:

"Hi, everyone.

I finished a crowdy scene this week. These are always hard to work with - more character to pose and fix, it's harder to set up the lighting, and the video memory limit always peeks behind your shoulder. Video memory is one of these things that the more of it you have, the more you want. A nice crowd in a public place make the scene more authentic looking and adds to that feeling that there is a world around the main cast of characters.

The development pace is decent, but I still haven't managed to take full advantage of the double rig setup. There's still work to do on the update.

Yeah, thanks for support my army of zombies :ROFLMAO:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Adding a crowd in DAZ is a problem, a big limitation as of now. It's noticeable, empty streets or places feel weird but I got used to it. And better have that than taking a week to add some crowd.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
from Stoper:

"Hi, everyone.

No pic this time? Last time we atleast got a closet pic :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: jcgan and Obranyi

umby

May 27, 2017
from Stoper:

"Hi, everyone.

as usual, a tireless hard worker full of ideas full of resources and also the only one (at the same time) to have a lot of development problems and a thousand unforeseen day after day. The tip of the day is obviously not to be duped by this narrative.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
from Stoper:

"Hi, everyone.

He's rendered crowded scenes before using his ancient GPU. Now that he's got the 4090, even crowded scenes are only a matter of minutes to render. So god knows why he'd even bring up memory issues now that he's got a top of the line GPU with probably 100 times the power compared to his old one, especially since he's never mentioned any issues with that when he was still using the old GPU either. It's nonsense. The only thing that's unchanged is the work required to set these renders up. Like posing, assets, lighting etc. Everything else is much easier and faster with a 4090. That is if you actually work. From nothing comes nothing.

This statement about taking full advantage of his double rig is pretty much pointless aswell as he's only got 2 hands and 2 eyes to work with. The only thing his second (old) computer could be used for is to render animations while being able to keep working on regular renders on his new computer, or vice versa. Actually the other way around would be more time efficient as his new rig should render even longer animations within hours, and since he's barely able to create a single render per day, his new rig isn't really doing much to speed things up anyway.

Everything he said at the end of last year concerning the development speed and possibly being able to work faster with his new computer is complete nonsense, as render times had never been the issue. Doesn't change anything when the developer needs 6+ months until he starts working on the next update.

This devblog is just more of the same crap in a different wrapper. Can only agree with what umby said. (y)

Oh, and thanks for sharing Oliver Wendell Homely!

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes