VN Ren'Py Jessica O'Neil's Hard News [v0.65 BETA] [stoperArt]

4.10 star(s) 191 Votes

GARGULE

Oct 2, 2018
I made a small comparison of the different periods of the game not in relation to images and animations, but in relation to the size of the dialogue files, game day by game day, which gives a good appreciation of the quantity of situations that took place. To be complete, it would be necessary to add the number of months of development for each version of the game (since each new version corresponded to one game day) and make the ratio File size divided by the number of months.

UpdateFile size
Day 05520 K
Day 13466 K
Day 14449 K
Day 11418 K
Day 08367 K
Day 10353 K
Day 03339 K
Day 09306 K
Day 12277 K
Day 06274 K
Day 04240 K
Day 02192 K
Day 15171 K
Day 07134 K

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Speaking of Joiplay on Android, anybody has a hard time using the Save function? Whenever I bring up the menu, the Android keyboard always show up because of the Custom name function of the savegame. Any workaround besides switching back to portrait mode?
The custom name function of the save game can be disable in the game preference if available, otherwise use the universal renpy mod to disable them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ser Maggot

TeamEquipe

Mar 3, 2020
Alrighty,

What an awesome update!

That's what I would have said if it took stoper 6 weeks, but for 11 months the only thing I can do is shake my head in disbelief. Even SLOW developers put out more content in ~2 months time, and here it takes 11 months. Most of us saw it coming anyway, so what really can I say? It was expected. If anyone were to ask me if it's worth supporting this developer financially these days, I'd tell them to run and never look back.

As for the update itself...

Renders look good, as always. That's about the only positive thing I have to say.

So, incase nobody noticed yet; After all the "testing", "editing" and "bug fixing", the very last scene with Jessica and her sister is, you guessed it, bugged! The player will always end up with the same dialogue about Jess' meeting with Blake the other day, how they gave Conner a blowjob in the parking lot, and so on. No matter if the player is on that route or not. I did test it with 3 different saves, and it's always the same outcome. So much for "testing and fixing" things. That alone is absolutely laughable considering how tiny this update is after 11 months.

Another thing; There is absolutely no scene variation (which stoper said took extra time in one of his devblogs) apart from the usual handful of different renders, depending on the route you're on. A complete hoax, as always. It's the same nonsense he came up with last year when he kept talking about the many different routes and branches, when in the end there was absolutely nothing.

A good portion of this update makes for the "missing branch" that should have been part of the last update (end of day 14), which makes this one even more of a joke, and you can't even call it a branch when it was just yet another event with Conner, an event probably barely anyone wanted in the first place. Even more ridiculous is the fact that this is the only part where the player has a choice between masturbating or going back to Conner. That's it. That's all the choices players get to make in this update, and that was supposed to be part of the last update. Lmao

So, what else. In my opinion, he's only started really working on this in late July when he came up with his first deadline for August, thinking he could put something together real quick and failed miserably. He couldn't finish it in early and late September either, failing two more deadlines, and another deadline yesterday.

I think there is a non-zero chance that this was the last update for JOHN, because his Patreon will most certainly start dropping numbers again once the release-month is over, as people know that there won't be anything new for up to a year. Probably longer considering stoper's plans to remaster certain parts, his new "extra step to make clothing look good" aswell as his announced (non-existing) variation in scenes and, well, every update is taking longer than the previous one anyway.

His peak income during the last release was roughly $3300 that month. Right now he's at $2800, and I really do hope it's not getting much higher than that. I'm also hoping that it's gonna fall apart the next months as that's the only way possible to see a drastic change or abandonement. Which, if you ask me, are the only two valid options at this point. This project may survive another 1 year development cycle if stoper is lucky, but I don't see it surviving much longer if it continues like this.

Anyway, see y'all soon when the next devblog drops with more jokes and comedy for our entertainment. Oh boy...

It definitely feels that he's working on something else. Maybe he's got a full time job now and this is just a VERY lucrative side gig.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Day 14 connor scene is 59 render
Day 15 is 307 render.
these include animation so the update must be 200-230 ish renders which is almost half even if we just historically speak of just this game.
if I remember right any big dev averages about 200 in a week and this took almost an year, lol

Quaso00

Jun 28, 2020
First and foremost, I'd like to extend my endless gratitude to the developer for this fantastic update. Everyone says the update is very small, but I disagree. It's an update of just the right size. The progression of the story is incredibly good and captivating. I believe most people fail to understand the developer's goal. From what I've read, no one seems to grasp what the developer had in mind. I guess no one realized that this game isn't for us, but for our future grandchildren, and that we are merely test subjects! The thought of my grandchild playing the marvelous 0.85 version of this game in 2086 while simultaneously grappling with water scarcity due to climate change moves me deeply. On behalf of the entire forum, I also thank the developer for their tireless effort.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 191 Votes