Mod Jikage Rising Possession Mod

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

attackstar

Dec 20, 2018
To fix the game crashing with this mod:

Since the game wants the images in PNG and they're WEBP, they need to be converted to PNG. Extract the images from /game/images.rpa to a new folder /game/images/ with an RPA extracter (I used RPA Extract by iwanPlays). Then batch convert the WEBP files to PNG using any batch converter, I recommend IrfanView. To use IrfanView go to File>Batch Conversion, change output format to PNG, and navigate to /game/images/. Then navigate to each folder and in each click "Use current folder", then "Add all", then "Start Batch".

I haven't had run into any issues with this method yet but I'll follow up if I do.

Libermann9

Mar 25, 2020

Since the game wants the images in PNG and they're WEBP, they need to be converted to PNG. Extract the images from /game/images.rpa to a new folder /game/images/ with an RPA extracter (I used RPA Extract by iwanPlays). Then batch convert the WEBP files to PNG using any batch converter, I recommend IrfanView. To use IrfanView go to File>Batch Conversion, change output format to PNG, and navigate to /game/images/. Then navigate to each folder and in each click "Use current folder", then "Add all", then "Start Batch".

I haven't had run into any issues with this method yet but I'll follow up if I do.
Can you share your work?

burserk

Mar 14, 2019

yep i tryed doing this but it didnt work. at first i thought the mod images had to to be png but then saw that the mod was png and the main game was webp after i used the iwanplays to extract the main game files. and then when i go to the Irfanview to change the main game files to png thinking thats what you ment the images dont even appear for me to select them. so ill open the inos1 base folder in the batch conversion and its blank. "but wheni just open the files them selfs i see the images fine"

henkv098

Feb 27, 2021
yep i tryed doing this but it didnt work. at first i thought the mod images had to to be png but then saw that the mod was png and the main game was webp after i used the iwanplays to extract the main game files. and then when i go to the Irfanview to change the main game files to png thinking thats what you ment the images dont even appear for me to select them. so ill open the inos1 base folder in the batch conversion and its blank. "but wheni just open the files them selfs i see the images fine"
it sounds like you know where to get the 0.17d version for the game can you maybe drop the link where you got it?

burserk

Mar 14, 2019
it sounds like you know where to get the 0.17d version for the game can you maybe drop the link where you got it?
no i dont sorry. i was trying to get it to work with the current release of the main game. the person who posted about the crashing fix i thought was talking about fixing the mod being not compatable with the main game current release

henkv098

Feb 27, 2021
no i dont sorry. i was trying to get it to work with the current release of the main game. the person who posted about the crashing fix i thought was talking about fixing the mod being not compatable with the main game current release
ah damn dude that sucks but did you get it to work with the version you are using? also if you did get it to work can you post it here because im trying to get it to work too but i havent been able to

Last edited:

burserk

Mar 14, 2019
ah damn dude that sucks but did you get it to work with the version you are using? also if you did get it to work can you post it here because im trying to get it to work too but i havent been able to
no i havent. my post from before was saying how i did everything that other guy said to do and it still didnt work assuming i did it all right

jackskel333

Jul 16, 2020

You have to go through each folder. There are like 30-50 folders....

DocInTrouble

Nov 29, 2019

wouldn't it be simpler to just open every script files of the mod and change the .png to .webp?
after all, it's more likely the game dev will continue this game than the modder himself, as a general rule of thumb. why change the base game and screw yourself out of updates?

Last edited:

DocInTrouble

Nov 29, 2019
apparently it's not so simple, ^^'
the game loads and works fine as long as you don't make a girl appear on the screen is my first impression.

i have some theories as to why it happens (said by someone with a proud 30ish hours of selflearning how to make renpy games)

will update once i get what's happening.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote