Mod Jikage Rising Possession Mod

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

DocInTrouble

Nov 29, 2019
So, i think i finally figured most of the problems.

1: In the main game, there is absolutely NO PNG (except for a very select amount)
In this mod, however, absolutely everything related to images make renpy look for .png files.

HOWEVER because there are still SOME images in png (all in arc 2 mind you) simply putting the mod's RPY script file in the game directory will result in script conflicts with the original RPA script file, (rpa are a compressed version of rpy)
it wouldn't matter as long as you do not touch arc 2, right? since the mod is an earlier version, it doesn't contain any script or images about arc 2, therefore, you can't even interact with arc 2 script.
well, no, you're still interacting with the arc 2 script because of problem 2.

2: in the base game, the only mentions of hair are in arc 2, specifically because you may change their hair. therefore, the arc 1 character models have slender man faces, and every facial expression is a separate image. for arc 2, the base model is* an hairless slender man, for the same reason.
*i haven't looked much at the files but i assume the dev has no reason to change a model that works

HOWEVER, this mode allows you to change the character's hair in arc 1.
Now what do you think happens when both the mod and the original game claim to define what the "hair" tag means?

how to fix all that shit:
The easy solution is to get an unrpa program, decompile the game, convert the images properly to png (because converting them to webp turns everything but the specific object into rectangles of vantablack) overwrite the game script with the mod script, replacing the lines of that have hair1 with simply hair

By now you should have a working version that'll crash every now and then because renpy tries to find an image called Office_glow.png but the only thing you have is Office_hover.png
:mad:
(5-6 hours, smh,)

my personal opinion is that the dev's coding reminds me of flash games (slender man feature, dynamic images and pretty much dress up game) and russian dolls. (see below)
dev's going to build himself some neat code debt if he ever tries to modify/further develop the coding of this game.
AND the game's already excruciatingly laggy compared to most other renpy games.

I mean, for instance
game\images\inos1\bj\suck\ahegao --> 4 images
game\images\inos1\bj\suck\angry --> 4 images
game\images\inos1\bj\suck\aroused --> 4 images
game\images\inos1\bj\suck\blank --> 2 images

game\images\inos1\bj\cumin\ahegao --> 4 images
game\images\inos1\bj\cumin\angry --> 4 images one of them is inos1_bj_angryhypno_nude_cumout
game\images\inos1\bj\cumin\aroused --> 4 images
game\images\inos1\bj\cumin\blank --> 2 images

game\images\inos1\bj\cumin\angry --> 4 images

what will he do if he wants ino to give bj in act 2? create even more folders but instead of having inos1_bj_angryhypno_nude_cumout
he will have
inos2_bj_angryhypno_nude_cumout
?

If the dev ever sees this, here's what i recommend.
1: take your base image, put a face on it, and call it an image.
rn the game loads 2-3 assets (body, clothes, faces) from 2-3 different places, each of them places need to have a position on the screen. this takes time.
that will save time, ressources, and will make working with the game easier, especially if you want to modify things.
at worse, make 2 sets of images, head+face, body +clothes or not if you're afraid someone's going to decompress the game and spread the images online or something. (its renpy game tho, even if you were to make patron only content, you're giving away your source code with each release so ^^')

the fewer the folders, the better for loading times.
by gathering all your files in the same place, you will save yourself a lot of trouble later on, especially with each arc.
this also goes for choices.
let me, the player, use 1 menu when i'm with the girls.
(flavour text before choosing a girl in the room)
sak, ino, ten, hin
i take in
(flavour text)
undress
make her masturbate
titjob
sex
i choose any but undress
nude or underwear
hypno or sane

end the menu
now start describing the scenes to the players. it feels so much less janky and soooo, sooooo much less grindy

Reactions: Talink

Pompey07gamer

Sep 25, 2017
So, i think i finally figured most of the problems.

1: In the main game, there is absolutely NO PNG (except for a very select amount)
In this mod, however, absolutely everything related to images make renpy look for .png files.

HOWEVER because there are still SOME images in png (all in arc 2 mind you) simply putting the mod's RPY script file in the game directory will result in script conflicts with the original RPA script file, (rpa are a compressed version of rpy)
it wouldn't matter as long as you do not touch arc 2, right? since the mod is an earlier version, it doesn't contain any script or images about arc 2, therefore, you can't even interact with arc 2 script.
well, no, you're still interacting with the arc 2 script because of problem 2.

2: in the base game, the only mentions of hair are in arc 2, specifically because you may change their hair. therefore, the arc 1 character models have slender man faces, and every facial expression is a separate image. for arc 2, the base model is* an hairless slender man, for the same reason.
*i haven't looked much at the files but i assume the dev has no reason to change a model that works

HOWEVER, this mode allows you to change the character's hair in arc 1.
Now what do you think happens when both the mod and the original game claim to define what the "hair" tag means?

how to fix all that shit:
The easy solution is to get an unrpa program, decompile the game, convert the images properly to png (because converting them to webp turns everything but the specific object into rectangles of vantablack) overwrite the game script with the mod script, replacing the lines of that have hair1 with simply hair

By now you should have a working version that'll crash every now and then because renpy tries to find an image called Office_glow.png but the only thing you have is Office_hover.png
:mad:
(5-6 hours, smh,)

my personal opinion is that the dev's coding reminds me of flash games (slender man feature, dynamic images and pretty much dress up game) and russian dolls. (see below)
dev's going to build himself some neat code debt if he ever tries to modify/further develop the coding of this game.
AND the game's already excruciatingly laggy compared to most other renpy games.

I mean, for instance
game\images\inos1\bj\suck\ahegao --> 4 images
game\images\inos1\bj\suck\angry --> 4 images
game\images\inos1\bj\suck\aroused --> 4 images
game\images\inos1\bj\suck\blank --> 2 images

game\images\inos1\bj\cumin\angry --> 4 images one of them is inos1_bj_angryhypno_nude_cumout

game\images\inos1\bj\cumin\angry --> 4 images

what will he do if he wants ino to give bj in act 2? create even more folders but instead of having inos1_bj_angryhypno_nude_cumout
he will have
inos2_bj_angryhypno_nude_cumout
?

If the dev ever sees this, here's what i recommend.
1: take your base image, put a face on it, and call it an image.
rn the game loads 2-3 assets (body, clothes, faces) from 2-3 different places, each of them places need to have a position on the screen. this takes time.
that will save time, ressources, and will make working with the game easier, especially if you want to modify things.
at worse, make 2 sets of images, head+face, body +clothes or not if you're afraid someone's going to decompress the game and spread the images online or something. (its renpy game tho, even if you were to make patron only content, you're giving away your source code with each release so ^^')

the fewer the folders, the better for loading times.
by gathering all your files in the same place, you will save yourself a lot of trouble later on, especially with each arc.
this also goes for choices.
let me, the player, use 1 menu when i'm with the girls.
(flavour text before choosing a girl in the room)
sak, ino, ten, hin
i take in
(flavour text)
undress
make her masturbate
titjob
sex
i choose any but undress
nude or underwear
hypno or sane

end the menu
now start describing the scenes to the players. it feels so much less janky and soooo, sooooo much less grindy
So in short all the 'girls'' arent actually girls but look like girls so that makes them?

Dell96kill

Jun 9, 2018
can anyone upload the Jikage Rising 0.17d because even the public Patreon server is dead :/

(Link DEAD)

i found Jikage Rising 0.17d but the game be translate into VN (Link Alive)
( )

Okay i found another but slow donwload English (Link Alive)
( )

Been doing a lot digging on internet so hard to find

Last edited:
Reactions: LordMerek

tombfall

Oct 6, 2016
can anyone upload the Jikage Rising 0.17d because even the public Patreon server is dead :/

(Link DEAD)

i found Jikage Rising 0.17d but the game be translate into VN (Link Alive)
( )

Okay i found another but slow donwload English (Link Alive)
( )

Been doing a lot digging on internet so hard to find

Ghost Tiger

Dec 3, 2017
Right sorry about the long Hiatus on my end. I did actually update the mod several times but totally forgot to update the page here and only posted it in the official smiling dog discord for the game. Totally my bad on that one... ON the bright side the new version of this should work without any issues for 1.06. I am planning on doing a 1.08 version of the game when it arrives since I was on vacation for the first time in years when 1.07 came out and ill definitly remeber to post the new update here too.

Dell96kill

Jun 9, 2018
Right sorry about the long Hiatus on my end. I did actually update the mod several times but totally forgot to update the page here and only posted it in the official smiling dog discord for the game. Totally my bad on that one... ON the bright side the new version of this should work without any issues for 1.06. I am planning on doing a 1.08 version of the game when it arrives since I was on vacation for the first time in years when 1.07 came out and ill definitly remeber to post the new update here too.
i hope you add something new XD

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote