• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Except it literally does. I can't help you if you can't figure that out.
It literally does not. I as a 3rd party observer of your argument figured out that you are wrong, failed in reading, strawmaned the argument you quoted, and lash out at anyone who tries to explain it to you.

You quoted someone (who is not me) complaining that the combat is unbalanced AND overly complex, that even in max level you can not simply defeat weak (C rank) enemies with the basic attack button but instead must resort to overly complicated skills to win.

You failed reading the above, quoted it, and replied with how "you can beat several enemies in max level in a single day".

The reason your reply does not address what you quoted is that the person you quoted (who is not me mind you) was complaining about HOW you win. How even when you outlevel your opponent by a lot you must use complex skills instead of just overpowering them with basic attack. How even if you could over power them with basic attacks due to being max level the process of overpowering them with basic attacks takes too much time, too many clicks, and too much of your HP (requiring you to go rest and only do 1 fight a day).

Maybe you disagree with the contents of what that person said? but you didn't address what they actually said.
You pretended that they said that even at max level it is impossible to win fights.
Thus pretending that they are too stupid to understand the use of special skills to win combat.
When they explicitly said they know how to use special skills, they just do not enjoy the combat when using them. Thus making your argument a strawman

Do you now understand?

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Max stats takes like 5 minutes.
5 minutes of choices and skips... is kinda annoying, you know.
also yes, like mrttao said it is still annoying even with max stats. which I make two major suggestions to fix this to speedapple, too.

The combat definitely needs a bit of rebalancing as well as some tweaks to some of the UI.

Like, for real though, if y'all have suggestions or ideas I'll definitely be open to it!
Ok, first things first...
1- if only one opponent, let me skip the "select target" phase
2- add an autobattle, even if it is just constant attack without choises until canceled. something that holding the skip key makes it be rushed.

Just these two, already a major improvement.

Lowering the mission enemies' hp or defense, making them less spongy unless a story-important battle, would also be a huge improvement.

That out of the way,
An important issue change would be better balancing of the skills and your stats.

I will give some personal ideas.

Sakura's Heal is a major issue. It's effect is too low to be of any use. I'd suggest inreasing both its base effect, and making it more effective based on chakra control, preferably make it consistently able to heal for about half your total hp when your control is near the top.

Hinata's bonus of making enemy chakra/hp visible is good, but... also kinda makes no sense since you don't really get the Byakugon? To me, this being a bonus from either her or Sakura (since they have medical training so they know how to check the enemy conditions).
A good idea would be the Gentle Fist skills, as they are just techniques the byakugan helps with. Make it do damage and debuff, making the opponent weaker for a while while also dealing damage so it is just a loss of chakra instead of also a loss of a turn.

Speaking of loss of a turn, Ino's. Since you can already lose a turn if it does not stick, make it at minimum last two turns. I may have been unlucky, but many times it only lasted the very same turn it was used. Making it... kinda useless even many times it worked.

Shizune's poison, while it can be useful for longer battles I think that, like Sakura's, it would be better if the poison damage scaled better ith your stats.

Kurenai's one-hit-kill, as mentioned with Hinata it would be good if you did less damage if it failed, but still some damage. And maybe more chance to hit in exchange to sometimes being just a damage boost instead of one-hit-kill?

Anko and Tsunade, as mentioned, are... very similar. Damage boosts in exchange for either chakra or hp AND chakra.

If you want to keep Anko's cursed seal, it is supposed to kill those unsuited for it, so it would be nice if it cost just HP (as in canon it kinda improves your chakra so it makes no sense losing it), and boosted ALL stats, maybe even allowing to go past the usual cap so, for example with some ideas I already gave, Heal could heal up to 3 quarters instead of just half.
But I personally would suggest changing it to something using her snakes. Something like using them todo multiple weaker attacks, and with the chance of binding the enemy - thus having a chance of freezing them for some turns, and since it does damage instead of just working or not like Ino's, lasting just the one turn is still a valid chance.

Tsunade would be nice to be only one use per in-game day and last only some turns, including staying the next battle from the start, but would just boost physical skills but also add a regen. But even if kept just costing chakra, being just a physical boost but having regen would be fine... but if you keep the cursed seal, you could remove the regen if it is being used.

Erf2482's idea of skipping the battle if you got high enough stats is also a good idea. Just like it does in Earthbound. Of course, for this one it would be good if you raise stats just by fighting instead of only by training in the fields (don't remember right now if it already does), that one being mostly for improving to be able to make things easier to reach this skip.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
The combat definitely needs a bit of rebalancing as well as some tweaks to some of the UI.
If you think the combat needs a lot of work still to be good in a game that requires you to fight a lot of battles then I would suggest disabling the combat system for now and just saying you win. With plan to re-activate it once it is rebuilt.

Maybe do a simple stat check until then. if stats > X you auto win else you lose? Maybe have a it as an option in setting of "simplified combat"

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
>your game impressed me sufficiently. Good, i like being impressed. :devilish: :coffee:

The level of self-importance some people have is pretty amazing to see :KEK:
It's less about self-importance and more about experience.
Throughout my life i played absolutely massive amount of games, so nowadays a game needs to be quite good to get my attention, hence where "i like being impressed" is coming from since few things can impress me anymore. If it was trash i wouldn't even bother downloading let alone writing walls of text in the hopes of helping improving it.

Reactions: LightingDarkness

Country roads

Mar 29, 2021
It's less about self-importance and more about experience.
Throughout my life i played absolutely massive amount of games, so nowadays a game needs to be quite good to get my attention, hence where "i like being impressed" is coming from since few things can impress me anymore. If it was trash i wouldn't even bother downloading let alone writing walls of text in the hopes of helping improving it.

• Angry
Reactions: valhrona and Julius

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017

Like, for real though, if y'all have suggestions or ideas I'll definitely be open to it! Most of the time, when I ask for suggestions for the combat, I end up with responses like "Make it better" which is kinda vague to say the least, so I'll definitely appreciate any suggestion and ideas for specific issues y'all have with the combat system!
The thing is, renpy is not an engine for "playing" and when people force an engine to do something it's not supposed to it will become awkward there are people still struggling with animated scenes not stopping the game or just crashing it, the same is with skipping dialogue

I forgot how the combat is since i just cheat to skip the grind but if i have to explain it myself... "Play an amateur RPG maker game, then play another, and another, and another"
It gives a very same-y/repetitive vibes, if you want people to engage on the combat then start looking at games like SMT or Atelier Iris, etc. you know, RPG games that stopped being just sprites bouncing back and forth throwing gif images a while ago.

But you must also have an idea of how you want the combat to be otherwise you'll end up in feature-creeping hell
But keep it civil guys, can't help but to feel the thread is getting more hostile for some reason. We're all here to have a good time haha, no need to get mad at the each other.
Kind of innevitable, like how sports attract "sports fans", when something grows too large it will cause people who obsseses over things and fierce detractors to gravitate towards it, let alone the hardcore fans.
Let me know if y'all have more questions or feedback, or if I missed anything, have a killer headache for the past few days and can't really focus well lol.
Still asking for the option for toggling turning their personality off
Expanding some characters with fluff events... then again they're supposed to be just sex dolls so... but on the other hand it seems that you get characters in the arc 2 fairly quickly, even more that Shizune and Kurenai... so.. eh...
Addinging 1-time/arc characters later on, possibly revisiting arcs.
I'm still kind of surprised that you can't talk things out with Orochimaru to reach an agreement and have the capacity to impregnate the characters but using his technology to give your kids a genetic make-up, you know for those who want incest, is not like you can't give him crumbs of truth that would cause a neglectul paradox considering that Boruto already did it... then again, patreon rules and all that.
>your game impressed me sufficiently. Good, i like being impressed. :devilish: :coffee:

The level of self-importance some people have is pretty amazing to see :KEK:
You have no idea how many people make games to just scam people, releasing insignificant amount of content every few months, others just vanish without shutting down their patreon account and there are these special kind of newbies who think that their idea is the one that will succeed where others failed instead of writing their ideas to revisit them later then joining other groups to at least get some experience only to be crushed by reality.

Then there are those people who just pay for the equivalent of garbage because either "it's mah munny, it's ma choice" or "anything is better that nothing, even garbage" or worse "this work gets as close as it can to my fetish not really so i'll just give the creator of this work all mah munny"

From where i see it is not self-importance, it's having taste, keeping a critical eye instead of prasing over anything in front of you.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Negan162003

Feb 15, 2020
Hey speedaple i have an ideia for three characters,please add konan and pain of summons this is girl for this arc or next arc 3 and rin nohara a jinchuriki of three tails good night for you and congratulations of your work in jikage rising

Dell96kill

Jun 9, 2018
Hey speedaple i have an ideia for three characters,please add konan and pain of summons this is girl for this arc or next arc 3 and rin nohara a jinchuriki of three tails good night for you and congratulations of your work in jikage rising
Rin Nohara won't be added same as Kaguya ōtsutsuki and Kushina Uzumaki

Reactions: Negan162003

YoraeRasante

Jul 28, 2019
Rin Nohara won't be added same as Kaguya ōtsutsuki and Kushina Uzumaki
Hmm... is it because of the timeline? Because if so, they could be for acts 3 and 4, most likely 4 since 3 would be only a couple years after 2, since they are after the defeat of Kaguya and Orichimaru eventually starts investing in cloning instead of Cursed Seals.

Dell96kill

Jun 9, 2018
Hmm... is it because of the timeline? Because if so, they could be for acts 3 and 4, most likely 4 since 3 would be only a couple years after 2, since they are after the defeat of Kaguya and Orichimaru eventually starts investing in cloning instead of Cursed Seals.
Yeah brother i see but rin nohara is my favorite character of naruto i believe a creator add rin in season 3 or 4
trust me on this I already talk the creator and he said no.... what else you can do... how about you go to his discord and talk to him

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I think you need to firmly figure out whether you want combat in your game or not first.
All this "for people that aren't blah blah" sounds to me like you ain't sure or you want to please everybody, but you can't please everybody so i think it would be smarter to chose either - no combat, or good combat.
Because like i said before nobody will care about trash combat so no point bothering with combat in the first place if you ain't invested into making it as good as possible.
100% this.

Pick which way you want to go and commit to it.
You can't please everyone so pick your path and commit to it, otherwise you'll end up with a lackluster combat minigame that everybody skips because it's just not very good.

Dell96kill

Jun 9, 2018
What are you talking about, he said Kushina will be in arc 3, and maybe Rin. The only one that's a sure no is Kaguya.
weird ... never knew we going in the past while the storyline just moving forward and why they said dead characters not gonna be added such as 2 tails and 7 tails jinchuuriki, this is such confusing how they work sometimes I wish they tell the full details who and who gonna add or not

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 87 Votes