Seeking JOI/CEI game?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
Question: What would you like to see out of a JOI game, specifically a CEI game? I know faproulette exists but that's essentially an image gallery with a random number generator attached - not very "gamey". Do you seek just a bit more personalized instruction experience that can adapt to your needs or do you seek simply more GAME in there (think minigames, etc)? Any (optional) multiplayer needs for example finding someone who you can goon with or someone who will dominate you? What about safety measures in that regard then?

I thought about maybe prototyping something as a web application but I'm as of yet bit unsure how such a game could look like. Because I don't want to just make an inferior faproulette lol

Reactions: eldeeg

eldeeg

May 26, 2023
Question: What would you like to see out of a JOI game, specifically a CEI game? I know faproulette exists but that's essentially an image gallery with a random number generator attached - not very "gamey". Do you seek just a bit more personalized instruction experience that can adapt to your needs or do you seek simply more GAME in there (think minigames, etc)? Any (optional) multiplayer needs for example finding someone who you can goon with or someone who will dominate you? What about safety measures in that regard then?

I thought about maybe prototyping something as a web application but I'm as of yet bit unsure how such a game could look like. Because I don't want to just make an inferior faproulette lol
Good timing that i found this discussion lol. I think many of the ideas you brought up were quite fun actually. Myself and many others have played a lot of Virtual Succubus because of how many options there is for different kinks (especially the CEI in my case). I think what's appealing is the fact that it feels real in that there's so many commands and customization so this is definitely essential. I like your idea of multiplayer a lot! Maybe multiplayer could be a game mode with roles? You can select what role you want to play and the game can help you playout your role better too (like if you're the dom the game could give you suggestions for things to say or commands to give them, while also showing you a list of kinks the other player loves!)

Anyway sorry for babbling but I like your ideas and agree with what you say a lot in that we need actual JOI/CEI GAMES and not just photos like faproulette. Interactivity and personalization is key. If you need any help lmk!

Reactions: aereton

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
Good timing that i found this discussion lol. I think many of the ideas you brought up were quite fun actually. Myself and many others have played a lot of Virtual Succubus because of how many options there is for different kinks (especially the CEI in my case). I think what's appealing is the fact that it feels real in that there's so many commands and customization so this is definitely essential. I like your idea of multiplayer a lot! Maybe multiplayer could be a game mode with roles? You can select what role you want to play and the game can help you playout your role better too (like if you're the dom the game could give you suggestions for things to say or commands to give them, while also showing you a list of kinks the other player loves!)

Anyway sorry for babbling but I like your ideas and agree with what you say a lot in that we need actual JOI/CEI GAMES and not just photos like faproulette. Interactivity and personalization is key. If you need any help lmk!
Thanks for the reply. I've played my fair share of Virtual Succubus too. Having her remember certain things and i.e. punishing you with it later down the line certainly is something else lol. However, in my opinion VS is a bit... how can I describe it? Inconsequential? Like, it's nice to play around with the thousands of sliders in the customization menu, but I never feel the need to regularly play and progress. Maybe it's just a "me-thing" though.

What I like about faproulette, and having tried out jrk-it yesterday that too, is its community driven approach. That people who feel creative can build and upload sessions/games and people who just like to play can pick and choose one and go with it. If you would combine this with a progression system, not unlike Virtual Succubus, I think this could add a lot of value.

So my base pitch would be a fairly simple instruction game. A "session" consists of different tasks that will be picked either randomly or according to simple logic (if X then Y) that will be shown to you. I like the simplicity of edgemeplease and fapinstructor, so I think I'd go with really just the instruction on your screen and fap material. I wouldn't want to make this yet another "fap to the beat" thing, so a rythm metronome shouldn't be the focus like in fapinstructor but maybe as an optional tool for those who want/need that.
Sessions could have different "tags" like CEI or Edging, and these tags or kinks could be leveled up by completing the sessions, allowing you to unlock more customization around these kinks the further you progress. This would make it also pretty nice to discover and "train" or explore new kinks. And if you've used faproulette before, you know how popular those progression games are.

For the sessions themselves, I'd think having a standard set of them provided by the platform is necessary. But as I said, I'd also want to allow people to build their own. I really didn't like how in jrk-it you have to dig through submenus and submenus to build your tasks/sessions.
I think having a simple node graph based interface could be pretty nice? You would build a task with different nodes, set instruction texts, timings, conditions, etc. Could even let people link some media like images or videos that would load during that task. A session or game would then be another graph where you can link all the tasks you build (and standard tasks from the platform) together. Something like this:
p8ueb.png

What do you think? Personally I really like the idea, however I still struggle to see a lot of "game" in all of that.

eldeeg

May 26, 2023
Thanks for the reply. I've played my fair share of Virtual Succubus too. Having her remember certain things and i.e. punishing you with it later down the line certainly is something else lol. However, in my opinion VS is a bit... how can I describe it? Inconsequential? Like, it's nice to play around with the thousands of sliders in the customization menu, but I never feel the need to regularly play and progress. Maybe it's just a "me-thing" though.

What I like about faproulette, and having tried out jrk-it yesterday that too, is its community driven approach. That people who feel creative can build and upload sessions/games and people who just like to play can pick and choose one and go with it. If you would combine this with a progression system, not unlike Virtual Succubus, I think this could add a lot of value.

So my base pitch would be a fairly simple instruction game. A "session" consists of different tasks that will be picked either randomly or according to simple logic (if X then Y) that will be shown to you. I like the simplicity of edgemeplease and fapinstructor, so I think I'd go with really just the instruction on your screen and fap material. I wouldn't want to make this yet another "fap to the beat" thing, so a rythm metronome shouldn't be the focus like in fapinstructor but maybe as an optional tool for those who want/need that.
Sessions could have different "tags" like CEI or Edging, and these tags or kinks could be leveled up by completing the sessions, allowing you to unlock more customization around these kinks the further you progress. This would make it also pretty nice to discover and "train" or explore new kinks. And if you've used faproulette before, you know how popular those progression games are.

For the sessions themselves, I'd think having a standard set of them provided by the platform is necessary. But as I said, I'd also want to allow people to build their own. I really didn't like how in jrk-it you have to dig through submenus and submenus to build your tasks/sessions.
I think having a simple node graph based interface could be pretty nice? You would build a task with different nodes, set instruction texts, timings, conditions, etc. Could even let people link some media like images or videos that would load during that task. A session or game would then be another graph where you can link all the tasks you build (and standard tasks from the platform) together. Something like this:
View attachment 2968704

What do you think? Personally I really like the idea, however I still struggle to see a lot of "game" in all of that.
I'm loving this progression idea and I can see a lot of potential in it. What if you make it to where using a specific kink levels it up (gaining exp or whatever) and unlocks more abilities for it? Like for example if a player uses CEI a lot then they will be tasked with increasingly more intense tasks based on the kink level! This way you can let players not only level up their favorite kinks but also try new kinks they've never experienced. For example, CEI level 1 could be like "When you're done taste a little" or even tasting just precum. Then as the player levels it up more it'll be more risky tasks like taking a full load or involving food or cups! This is obviously just an example of one kink but there could be tons of potential with all types of kinks. I have plenty more ideas for that. I also feel like one of the strong points of Virtual Succubus is the fact that you have this personalized avatar that is giving you tasks, so it feels like its meant for you specifically. It could make interactions more fun to have this character telling you that you're getting good at a kink or that she or he can tell that you like something and wants to try something new (this could be a way to tell the player they unlocked new content). This could also all be JUST singleplayer content too, so you're appealing to large crowds. There's tons of multiplayer potential too since you mentioned it before. You could have players choose what material will play for you during a session. This could be done easily by just integrating the game to have a connection to subreddits, so players can easily tell the game to play random content from a list of subreddits they want to use for themselves or others! Also for the metronome, you could use that or doing something like timers or just "do 20 strokes" lol.

TL;DR Progression would be awesome not only for a sense of reward, but will encourage regularly playing to unlock more content! also whatever else i was saying lmao

If you need anymore help just lmk!

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
I'm loving this progression idea and I can see a lot of potential in it. What if you make it to where using a specific kink levels it up (gaining exp or whatever) and unlocks more abilities for it? Like for example if a player uses CEI a lot then they will be tasked with increasingly more intense tasks based on the kink level! This way you can let players not only level up their favorite kinks but also try new kinks they've never experienced. For example, CEI level 1 could be like "When you're done taste a little" or even tasting just precum. Then as the player levels it up more it'll be more risky tasks like taking a full load or involving food or cups! This is obviously just an example of one kink but there could be tons of potential with all types of kinks. I have plenty more ideas for that. I also feel like one of the strong points of Virtual Succubus is the fact that you have this personalized avatar that is giving you tasks, so it feels like its meant for you specifically. It could make interactions more fun to have this character telling you that you're getting good at a kink or that she or he can tell that you like something and wants to try something new (this could be a way to tell the player they unlocked new content). This could also all be JUST singleplayer content too, so you're appealing to large crowds. There's tons of multiplayer potential too since you mentioned it before. You could have players choose what material will play for you during a session. This could be done easily by just integrating the game to have a connection to subreddits, so players can easily tell the game to play random content from a list of subreddits they want to use for themselves or others! Also for the metronome, you could use that or doing something like timers or just "do 20 strokes" lol.

TL;DR Progression would be awesome not only for a sense of reward, but will encourage regularly playing to unlock more content! also whatever else i was saying lmao

If you need anymore help just lmk!
Thank you man, this is some great input! I will carefully consider each of your point. I've thought about your reddit idea as well, however since they made their API pay-to-use it's not very feasible unfortunately. I would have people host assets (images at first, later videos) at external hosting sites and just link them from there. If I can find a way to monetize this in a fair way, I'd consider just paying for a cloud API like Firebase.
I've started conceptualizing, throwing a bunch of mock-ups together and researching necessary tech stacks. Might take a few weeks before I have something to show for it though, as I'm a bit swamped with a few projects and I'm trying to learn Godot after that whole Unity debacle lol.

I don't want the forum janitors crashing down on this fine thread so I will open a development thread in the near future, once I've ironed a few details out and have a small prototype. I will PM you the thread then if you want to keep in touch.

Meanwhile, here's a little mock-up I've thrown together yesterday. Nothing functional, just how I originally envisioned it to look like. A sketch if you will:
2352357654745.png

Diegovnia

Dec 23, 2018
Thank you man, this is some great input! I will carefully consider each of your point. I've thought about your reddit idea as well, however since they made their API pay-to-use it's not very feasible unfortunately. I would have people host assets (images at first, later videos) at external hosting sites and just link them from there. If I can find a way to monetize this in a fair way, I'd consider just paying for a cloud API like Firebase.
I've started conceptualizing, throwing a bunch of mock-ups together and researching necessary tech stacks. Might take a few weeks before I have something to show for it though, as I'm a bit swamped with a few projects and I'm trying to learn Godot after that whole Unity debacle lol.

I don't want the forum janitors crashing down on this fine thread so I will open a development thread in the near future, once I've ironed a few details out and have a small prototype. I will PM you the thread then if you want to keep in touch.

Meanwhile, here's a little mock-up I've thrown together yesterday. Nothing functional, just how I originally envisioned it to look like. A sketch if you will:
View attachment 2974183
Oh wow, tbh I haven't visited this thread for a while, really glad it got some traction. Really like the mock you did! I started experimenting recently with some Avalonia stuff to create something like a JOI engine. Essentially an interactive faproulette where you can create your own stories... Mostly just a thought for now since I don't really have that much experience with Avalonia and at the same time I kind of feel like someone already posted something similar. Long time ago I saw a series of games essentially JOI/CEI games kept in a theme of RPG games where you had a story and different challenges you had to complete to progress further, while telling a story of some sort or leveling up etc. I'm fairly familiar with C# so hey if you're into Godot that's awesome I'm more than happy to collaborate

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
Oh wow, tbh I haven't visited this thread for a while, really glad it got some traction. Really like the mock you did! I started experimenting recently with some Avalonia stuff to create something like a JOI engine. Essentially an interactive faproulette where you can create your own stories... Mostly just a thought for now since I don't really have that much experience with Avalonia and at the same time I kind of feel like someone already posted something similar. Long time ago I saw a series of games essentially JOI/CEI games kept in a theme of RPG games where you had a story and different challenges you had to complete to progress further, while telling a story of some sort or leveling up etc. I'm fairly familiar with C# so hey if you're into Godot that's awesome I'm more than happy to collaborate
I'm still dabbling with Godot, I was mainly into Unity for a decade so it's hard to bend my mind around some of the wholly different concepts such as scene management, etc.
Though, I plan on building this thing as a web app with React. Still have a whole lot on my plates right now, with one project I'm helping with getting delayed, etc... So haven't gotten around actual principal development on this thing, still just prototyping a bit in my free time, mainly trying to establish a good node-based editor for the user to create his own JOI sessions. Systemic design is an important topic for me so I want to get this right.

Reactions: Diegovnia

Diegovnia

Dec 23, 2018
I'm still dabbling with Godot, I was mainly into Unity for a decade so it's hard to bend my mind around some of the wholly different concepts such as scene management, etc.
Though, I plan on building this thing as a web app with React. Still have a whole lot on my plates right now, with one project I'm helping with getting delayed, etc... So haven't gotten around actual principal development on this thing, still just prototyping a bit in my free time, mainly trying to establish a good node-based editor for the user to create his own JOI sessions. Systemic design is an important topic for me so I want to get this right.
Gotcha, well I never really played with React, well... never really got any close to the web development apart for some blazor stuff but then again I really have no patience for JS, I kind of tinker mostly with desktop apps as I they don't need to be hosted anywhere.

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
Gotcha, well I never really played with React, well... never really got any close to the web development apart for some blazor stuff but then again I really have no patience for JS, I kind of tinker mostly with desktop apps as I they don't need to be hosted anywhere.
I feel you there, did so only out of necessity as I'm not that into webdev myself lol. But it's good money especially when you are able to create tools for businesses. So you could say that while I do web stuff and mobile apps as a job, my real passion lies in traditional game dev. Still, an application such as a JOI playground is a good intersection of both.
Always use the tools best suited for what you try to build, no sense in getting sentimental over what tools or language you use to create software.

That said, React was developed by Facebook so you can be sure they have all the modern, starbucks-sipping, good-weather-coder stuff in there you would expect for modern languages like Swift or something, as it uses JSX a blend between markup and js, hell you can even use typescript with it and be quite close to any C-related language.

Last edited:

tribute_you

Aug 15, 2017
I feel you there, did so only out of necessity as I'm not that into webdev myself lol. But it's good money especially when you are able to create tools for businesses. So you could say that while I do web stuff and mobile apps as a job, my real passion lies in traditional game dev. Still, an application such as a JOI playground is a good intersection of both.
Always use the tools best suited for what you try to build, no sense in getting sentimental over what tools or language you use to create software.

That said, React was developed by Facebook so you can be sure they have all the modern, starbucks-sipping, good-weather-coder stuff in there you would expect for modern languages like Swift or something, as it uses JSX a blend between markup and js, hell you can even use typescript with it and be quite close to any C-related language.
Keep me posted with this, reaaally interested!!!

katerpillar_

May 13, 2019

View attachment 2974183
This looks amazing! Would pay for something like this that works

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
Keep me posted with this, reaaally interested!!!
This looks amazing! Would pay for something like this that works
Sorry to say but it will keep taking some time until I have something ready to share. I have a regular ol' 9-to-5, my own side business and now on top of that, this project. I'm still experimenting with what works, what doesn't, et cetera. I want a stable foundation where people can start creating and sharing their sessions in an approachable way, so there's not exactly any standard to follow.

gabe-newell-time.gif

I will message everyone who asks to be updated ITT once I have something worth seeing. (y)

KingShineyMunkey

May 30, 2022
Well the problem with these games on steam is that I don't necessarily want my friends to know I'm jerking off right now... If you happen to find a crack let us know
Could make a secondary account with 0 friends and the most privacy friendly settings available.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes