Warmage40

Aug 20, 2019
I've been watching the RWBY series and now I don't know if I can continue playing this game based on what has happend to both Penny and Pyrhha.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
I've been watching the RWBY series and now I don't know if I can continue playing this game based on what has happend to both Penny and Pyrhha.
the game deviates strongly from cannon in those parts (turns out adding an extra person with power and agency does change the outcome of things, who knew?)

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Yep. Almost identical, if you take away the mimicing aspect. Then again, the MC's will probably develop more.
Jaune's semblence has a strong meta-magic difference, it technically needs less prep but doesn't have the post prep distance bonus. also the opposite direction is an upgrade

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
sooo for the people who want to "hack" the game

if you do, dont come to us (the team) when the game bricks on you or some other impossibilities happen

there have been a lot of "cheaters" and those had some issues with fights and some even managed to break sequence where they went from day 100+ plot to day 50 plot and suddenly to 150+ plot

just be sure to do the cheatings in a reasonable range and it should work tho

Reactions: Crimsonlights

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
sooo for the people who want to "hack" the game

if you do, dont come to us (the team) when the game bricks on you or some other impossibilities happen

there have been a lot of "cheaters" and those had some issues with fights and some even managed to break sequence where they went from day 100+ plot to day 50 plot and suddenly to 150+ plot

just be sure to do the cheatings in a reasonable range and it should work tho
will there be a new game plus or a endless mode to see all the weekend events without starting over

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
will there be a new game plus or a endless mode to see all the weekend events without starting over
not that i know off, mostly just helping with "writing things, like the one in the 4.20 (i have no idea why its called that or why he jumped to that xD) update which should be coming soon
but i would probably just go for the "hearts" system to get "fixed" and maybe if there is no NG+ at least let the "canon routes" stay (like neo or pyrrha)

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
not that i know off, mostly just helping with "writing things, like the one in the 4.20 (i have no idea why its called that or why he jumped to that xD) update which should be coming soon
but i would probably just go for the "hearts" system to get "fixed" and maybe if there is no NG+ at least let the "canon routes" stay (like neo or pyrrha)
ah ok

Crimsonlights

Mar 19, 2020
So I love this game and the writing is absolutely on point and has made me laugh so much. However, I have some feedback:

1. It can sometimes be really hard to know what to do next for a specific character, even with the walkthrough document. For example, where the event takes place, what the specific requirements are, and so on. A way that this could be resolved is by expanding the "relationships" system on the scroll for each character, having it give hints or an idea of where to go, what to do, or when.

2. Limiting major events to Saturdays massively hampers engagement with the characters, particularly with the time limit. I thought I'd locked myself out of several events until recently due to the (no offence) vague walkthrough document, when I'd almost finished the game (I won't say at what point exactly for obvious reasons). Going forward, it might be best to expand the availability of this events to weekdays/Sunday, or - even better - change it so that the story events are marked events on the map that players can manually select to advance the story, rather than being forced to according to a time limit. This can also tie into the first critique, whereby players can be told that they need to progress the story to unlock more, for example.

3. Combat. I know that games like this can be really hard to make fun and challenging when fighting, but the combat system feels quite boring and arbitrary. There's no way to see your enemy's health (that I know of) so you're just repeating the same actions again and again for what feels like forever until you win. Going forwards, maybe add a health bar or text indications for how much health the enemy has left.

4. Some of the routes feel unfinished. The male hunters in particular - Jaune, Ren, etc - all feel like they're meant to have more content but there's almost nothing to them. I'm not going to assume that these are planned romances (since this doesn't seem like it's in the plans, which is fair) but it's a bit strange seeing them on the relationships bar with the characters you're actually romancing.

5. Please...fix Ozpin and Raven's faces. Most of the faces are totally fine, but theirs look slightly demonic.

Beyond these, this game is amazing. Solid storytelling, great worldbuilding, compelling caricatures, and I like the artstyle. The humour throughout is great and I don't think it's failed to make me laugh one time. I hope that there's more story coming, but if not, this game is genuinely one of my favourites that I've played on this site.

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
So I love this game and the writing is absolutely on point and has made me laugh so much. However, I have some feedback:

1. It can sometimes be really hard to know what to do next for a specific character, even with the walkthrough document. For example, where the event takes place, what the specific requirements are, and so on. A way that this could be resolved is by expanding the "relationships" system on the scroll for each character, having it give hints or an idea of where to go, what to do, or when.

2. Limiting major events to Saturdays massively hampers engagement with the characters, particularly with the time limit. I thought I'd locked myself out of several events until recently due to the (no offence) vague walkthrough document, when I'd almost finished the game (I won't say at what point exactly for obvious reasons). Going forward, it might be best to expand the availability of this events to weekdays/Sunday, or - even better - change it so that the story events are marked events on the map that players can manually select to advance the story, rather than being forced to according to a time limit. This can also tie into the first critique, whereby players can be told that they need to progress the story to unlock more, for example.

3. Combat. I know that games like this can be really hard to make fun and challenging when fighting, but the combat system feels quite boring and arbitrary. There's no way to see your enemy's health (that I know of) so you're just repeating the same actions again and again for what feels like forever until you win. Going forwards, maybe add a health bar or text indications for how much health the enemy has left.

4. Some of the routes feel unfinished. The male hunters in particular - Jaune, Ren, etc - all feel like they're meant to have more content but there's almost nothing to them. I'm not going to assume that these are planned romances (since this doesn't seem like it's in the plans, which is fair) but it's a bit strange seeing them on the relationships bar with the characters you're actually romancing.

5. Please...fix Ozpin and Raven's faces. Most of the faces are totally fine, but theirs look slightly demonic.

Beyond these, this game is amazing. Solid storytelling, great worldbuilding, compelling caricatures, and I like the artstyle. The humour throughout is great and I don't think it's failed to make me laugh one time. I hope that there's more story coming, but if not, this game is genuinely one of my favourites that I've played on this site.
2. we are on that, some of the newer events are on other days if its something that wouldnt need a full day or needed a specific (like meeting at a party or something like that)

4. people/patreons vote on the routes/events that get made, so complain to them^^

only commenting on the things i 100% know/am sure of

Last edited:
Reactions: BanditoMarito

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
this might help

this walkthrough sheet has been around for almost as long as the game and is quite clear (the official walkthrough isn't nearly that old) it is being regulary updated and the comments are helpfull

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
Is there a way to increase the text size and to either change the colors or make it more readable?
It's too small and nearly impossible to read with the darker text.

Crimsonlights

Mar 19, 2020
2. we are on that, some of the newer events are on other days if its something that wouldnt need a full day or needed a specific (like meeting at a party or something like that)

4. people/patreons vote on the routes/events that get made, so complain to them^^

only commenting on the things i 100% know/am sure of
Appreciate it, but I'm not complaining about it; just making an observation. Just my thoughts that the devs are free to look at or ignore as they wish.

Reactions: BanditoMarito

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
this might help

this walkthrough sheet has been around for almost as long as the game and is quite clear (the official walkthrough isn't nearly that old) it is being regulary updated and the comments are helpfull
the "official" guide if from me XD i decided to make it back in the day because the one you shared and another one were a hastle to look at

and later on i became a writer

the guy

Jun 14, 2017
Can this game be enjoyed if i dont know anything about RWBY, or do i have to have a minimum of knowledge about the series to understand it?

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes