Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Holy shit. Y'all are fucked with this devs coding of just the basic screens.

Take for example the Save/Load screens. Open either and immediately click the left button:
1712060750018.png
Now, look what happens (this should NEVER happen, EVER!)
1712060779715.png

I've never seen this level of unorthodox, untested UI coding before tbh. I might make a SanchoMod that is UI enhancement only just so y'all can play the damn VN proper from the get go.... depends on what other shenanigans this little diddy has in store.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Well, if the rumors of this Dev formerly working on the College Kings team are true, the messy coding should not be a surprise, as that game was a huge buggy mess from day one. Every update has a new update every day, for a week, just fixing bugs. They never fix them all but do seem to make a habit of having the players act as the beta testers. ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, if the rumors of this Dev formerly working on the College Kings team are true, the messy coding should not be a surprise, as that game was a huge buggy mess from day one. Every update has a new update every day, for a week, just fixing bugs. They never fix them all but do seem to make a habit of having the players act as the beta testers. ;)
I think I read he worked on creating some renders only... dunno:
1712061874205.png

Nickle3DArt

Mar 14, 2024
I think I read he worked on creating some renders only... dunno:
View attachment 3502518
I feel I have to jump in here to make a few things clear so there isn't speculation.

I have never worked on any College Kings code. I worked on CK for a while creating only visual renders for them for use for both their game and occasionally Patreon.

I'm happy to go into more detail and answer any questions in my Discord if anyone would like to join :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I feel I have to jump in here to make a few things clear so there isn't speculation.
Fair enough, that's exactly what I stated in the post you replied to including a thumbnail of your credits toward that VN.

Note: I'm sorting the UI for you in this VN... you might like or dislike some of the changes but they are only aesthetic changes for balance and appeal at this point.

Some examples (all are rough draft, not all features yet coded):
1712066324133.png 1712066340934.png 1712066374085.png 1712066391116.png 1712066359163.png

Nickle3DArt

Mar 14, 2024
Fair enough, that's exactly what I stated in the post you replied to including a thumbnail of your credits toward that VN.

Note: I'm sorting the UI for you in this VN... you might like or dislike some of the changes but they are only aesthetic changes for balance and appeal at this point.

Some examples (all are rough draft, not all features yet coded):
View attachment 3502635 View attachment 3502636 View attachment 3502639 View attachment 3502641 View attachment 3502638
Agree - You had the correct understanding of my prior experience. I probably replied to the wrong post in hindsight. I just wanted to get the record straight before anyone started assuming otherwise :)

Interesting screen updates. Looks very clean indeed.

diolo

Jan 19, 2021
nice game but so many women so many temptations and you don't know what to do first

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nickle3DArt, hey bud, suggestion:

Revisit all your music starts and stops and apply fade ins and fade outs to each. This will keep the changes from being so jarring to the Player and make for a much more polished presentation. If I have time I'll do that for you as well (depending on how many music changes there are in the 80+ dialogue script files).

Music/sound should be treated like images/animations (that have dissolves, fades, etc applied)... imho. Just a thought.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Correct coffee choices for Ivy and Officer Frost in this release v001.:coffee:

Ivy = Black with one sugar.

Officer Frost = White with one sugar.

===

It would be nice, if, being a Juror was this exciting and open, it is not, thanks for the game.

Dev, good luck with the game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Have you tried the game or you just like a challenge?
Haven't played it at all. After I saw the wonky Save/Load screen coding I knew I could offer a UI enhancement mod at a minimum. Since that's basically done I'm tinkering around... I make no promises or commitment to a WT/Gallery yet but yes, I've started for completely unknown reasons I'm certain to regret soon enough. :ROFLMAO:

So far I'm only a bit into it and every damn choice is a split... it's making me put "SanchoNotes" in almost every choice for info and guidance.

I'll get through the first Episode fully ChoiceGuide coded and SanchoGallery population at a minimum... I think... maybe. I'm kinda coding while reading the code and getting the foundation all laid out. I've got SanchoGallery ready to populate already too along with SanchoCheats semi-populated:
1712091443957.png

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Haven't played it at all. After I saw the wonky Save/Load screen coding I knew I could offer a UI enhancement mod at a minimum. Since that's basically done I'm tinkering around... I make no promises or commitment to a WT/Gallery yet but yes, I've started for completely unknown reasons I'm certain to regret soon enough. :ROFLMAO:

So far I'm only a bit into it and every damn choice is a split... it's making me put "SanchoNotes" in almost every choice for info and guidance.

I'll get through the first Episode fully ChoiceGuide coded and SanchoGallery population at a minimum... I think... maybe. I'm kinda coding while reading the code and getting the foundation all laid out. I've got SanchoGallery ready to populate already too along with SanchoCheats semi-populated:
View attachment 3504314
I seriously doubt I'll play every path available, it's fucking ridiculous, so the gallery will be a nice addition. I found 2-3 girls that I like and so far their paths seems to mesh along somewhat okay with each other, so I'll stick with that for now. This game would need more saves than Intertwined and I ain't gonna put that much effort into it :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nickle3DArt, hey bud, suggestion:

Revisit all your music starts and stops and apply fade ins and fade outs to each. This will keep the changes from being so jarring to the Player and make for a much more polished presentation. If I have time I'll do that for you as well (depending on how many music changes there are in the 80+ dialogue script files).

Music/sound should be treated like images/animations (that have dissolves, fades, etc applied)... imho. Just a thought.
Nickle3DArt, a bug of sorts.

If the Player goes to the Gym after first checking in and going into their room, they meet Lilly on the way. During this convo you don't set "persistent.lilyMet" to True, therefore even if the Player is awarded WankGallery image during the convo they cannot see it in the gallery. The other LI's have there met persistent unlocked as soon as you first meet them so it appears this is a bug with Lilly.

Reactions: Nickle3DArt

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nickle3DArt, a bug of sorts.

If the Player goes to the Gym after first checking in and going into their room, they meet Lilly on the way. During this convo you don't set "persistent.lilyMet" to True, therefore even if the Player is awarded WankGallery image during the convo they cannot see it in the gallery. The other LI's have there met persistent unlocked as soon as you first meet them so it appears this is a bug with Lilly.
Damn... Nickle3DArt , I apologize for not having the details before but I had to circle back around to this scene so I rechecked and I see the issue, it's only in label v1Scene5a.
Python:
scene v1s5a_5a
with dissolve
lil "I'm Lily, nice to meet you too [name]."
$ persistent.LilyMet = True  # SanchoNote: "LilyMet" has capital "L" and it shouldn't
Inside label v1Scene7c it's fine though:
Python:
lil "Hi there. I'm Lily."

$ lilyMet = True
$ persistent.lilyMet = True  # SanchoNote: this one is good (lower-case "L")

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Had to change the Alice choice again:
View attachment 3504216
I hadn't noticed until later that it affects who will be at the Gym (if that choice to go there is made later).

Self-induced waterboarding has begun :ROFLMAO:
I love your mods, but I bought this game on Steam, and they always break my Steam achievements. Do you know why they do this? Either way I probably won't play it without the mod, as the branching paths are a huge mess, and its only episode 2. :poop:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I love your mods, but I bought this game on Steam, and they always break my Steam achievements. Do you know why they do this? Either way I probably won't play it without the mod, as the branching paths are a huge mess, and its only episode 2. :poop:
What breaks your cheevos? If you are referencing the mod, each SanchoMod OP informs if it's Steam compatible or has a Steam specific build. In the case of this VN it's Steam/non-Steam compatible (same build). I even have specific cheevos in the ChoiceGuide by default. Most SanchoMod's either work with or have a separate Steam build though, so you'd have to be more specific.

By all means, address that in the specific SanchoMod thread for the VN you are referencing rather than in here so we don't get "reprimanded" for being "off topic".

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bloodguard
4.40 star(s) 11 Votes