FatesFallen

Mar 10, 2018
I cant seem to get past Natasha at the door, Hint says to go to class till int is higher than 12 but nothing has changed

Reactions: Lotrum

Das Ras

Jun 8, 2017
Hey Lotrum, got addicted to this game for a few days and went for all achievements.

Something I found is that getting -20 love on Natasha is extremely difficult if you get the achievements that raise her love at the start of runs. Is it possible we could turn on/off achievements in the future or have the achievement be to lose 20 love total over the course of the run for her?

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made an Android port of Just One More Chance v0.35.

I haven't thoroughly tested it, but the initial scenes seem to work as expected.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link: -

• Red Heart
Nov 3, 2017
I cant seem to get past Natasha at the door, Hint says to go to class till int is higher than 12 but nothing has changed
You need to get high enough intelligence to be able to convince her by buying her food (must also have enough money). Then once you have done the event and unlocked Carol, you need to wait until Natasha comes to your room asking for more money.

poser707

Nov 5, 2017
Lovely game, way better than 90% of HTML games.

What about adding model names to the OP? And a friend is asking for Katrina's IRL name :D

Nov 3, 2017
Lovely game, way better than 90% of HTML games.

What about adding model names to the OP? And a friend is asking for Katrina's IRL name :D
Using the 'Heavy' cheat code ( 990heavydebug for version 0.35) includes a full source list for all the materials used which can thus be used to identify all the girls. The actress he used to Katrina is 'DickforLily'

Reactions: poser707

peetee33

Jun 18, 2018
Seems to be a bug when you go to Jane's apartment the first time if:
* You're paying her.
* You don't have the full amount (so she takes what you have).
* You intervene when Olivia catches you.

You don't get an exit link in the passage. It seems to work fine if you do have the money though.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Small QOL change you can add for yourself.
Go to the VIDEO WIDGET section of the code.
Change the ones with the "muted" switch to "muted autoplay loop", I removed the controls switch as well but you could leave it in if you like.

Now when you turn on the muted checkbox in game all the videos will just play on a loop and not pop up controls as you scroll over them.

Lotrum

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
Seems to be a bug when you go to Jane's apartment the first time if:
* You're paying her.
* You don't have the full amount (so she takes what you have).
* You intervene when Olivia catches you.

You don't get an exit link in the passage. It seems to work fine if you do have the money though.
Thanks, this will be fixed on the future versions!

Small QOL change you can add for yourself.
Go to the VIDEO WIDGET section of the code.
Change the ones with the "muted" switch to "muted autoplay loop", I removed the controls switch as well but you could leave it in if you like.

Now when you turn on the muted checkbox in game all the videos will just play on a loop and not pop up controls as you scroll over them.
I'm not sure if I understood what you mean, but i want to leave controls, there are often a few videos queued one after the other in some scenes, and i definitely don't want them to start playing all at once and looping, that would create a bit of a mess and videos would not start from the start but from random points as you scroll down the page

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
I prefer it set up this way, usually how the videos are set up in the HTML games. You definitely wouldn't want it unmuted though, audio would be a mess.

You can leave the code how you prefer, it's easy enough to change since you have all the relevant things collected in that widget. Was just an FYI for anyone that is used to other Twine games.

Lotrum

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
And if you enjoy the game support the creator. I am mainly leaking the codes because I find it funny how they try to hide them in the code.
Just a couple fun pieces of information:

Leaking codes just a few hours after the update made me get about 30% of the usual new supporters that i usually got after any new update.

Codes weren't hidden in the code at all in the first few versions, but they got leaked every single time anyway, even if that usually happened after 2-3 days.

I don't think they are particularly hard to crack, my goal was just to make that slightly harder compared to changing the cheat-related variable from the console (I even left instructions on how to do that inside the code :D ).

I do believe that the codes for my game are mostly useless(as I also wrote in the cheat screen). I might even start giving them for free to whoever can't afford to support me and sends me a DM on discord from now on.

Posting them online for everyone to copypaste everywhere is still somehow hugely damaging in general, you might think it's absurd or a coincidence, but every time they got leaked, new subs drastically decreased to almost zero until the next patch.

I guess this is the kind of thing that inspires people making actual paywalled content distributed via private links instead of semi-useless cheats.

You do you anyway, just wanted to share the experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fish_lip

j_1993_m

Feb 28, 2021

Leaking codes just a few hours after the update made me get about 30% of the usual new supporters that i usually got after any new update.

Codes weren't hidden in the code at all in the first few versions, but they got leaked every single time anyway, even if that usually happened after 2-3 days.

I don't think they are particularly hard to crack, my goal was just to make that slightly harder compared to changing the cheat-related variable from the console (I even left instructions on how to do that inside the code :D ).

I do believe that the codes for my game are mostly useless(as I also wrote in the cheat screen). I might even start giving them for free to whoever can't afford to support me and sends me a DM on discord from now on.

Posting them online for everyone to copypaste everywhere is still somehow hugely damaging in general, you might think it's absurd or a coincidence, but every time they got leaked, new subs drastically decreased to almost zero until the next patch.

I guess this is the kind of thing that inspires people making actual paywalled content distributed via private links instead of semi-useless cheats.

An easy solution to this problem is to distribute cheats in a different way. Instead of providing a code with each release, provide a different html file with cheats enabled to supporters.

You could even go further with this and have an if statement that checks the cheat variable for a long number that no one will guess. If the number doesn't match then the cheat won't work.

Lotrum

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
An easy solution to this problem is to distribute cheats in a different way. Instead of providing a code with each release, provide a different html file with cheats enabled to supporters.

You could even go further with this and have an if statement that checks the cheat variable for a long number that no one will guess. If the number doesn't match then the cheat won't work.
Yeah, but this would actually be boring to do and time consuming, I'm a bit burnout already and I try to keep whatever isn't funny to do focused on what needs to be done, which is more content, more checks, more everything except further refinement of stats mechanics :D

j_1993_m

Feb 28, 2021
Yeah, but this would actually be boring to do and time consuming, I'm a bit burnout already and I try to keep whatever isn't funny to do focused on what needs to be done, which is more content, more checks, more everything except further refinement of stats mechanics :D
I mean, you do lose the guess the code minigame I suppose.

But in all seriousness, it would be easy to add. Most of the work is done already. The only difference would be that html 1 would have the cheat variable set to 0 and the other would be set to 6321174

Again though, minigames are fun. Now I'm conflicted...

Lotrum

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
I mean, you do lose the guess the code minigame I suppose.

But in all seriousness, it would be easy to add. Most of the work is done already. The only difference would be that html 1 would have the cheat variable set to 0 and the other would be set to 6321174

Again though, minigames are fun. Now I'm conflicted...
Yeah the minigame is fun, sounds more like game design than actual work, game design is the kind of work that doesn't burn me out.

On seriousness, would probably be a lot of work and mantainance, many people play this from embedded versions on websites and have an hard time even exporting saves, some of which are edited for mobiles, so a single html file wouldn't be a good solution for them.

Those are also the places that will copypaste codes whenever they find them easily, and also the places where i get most of my subs from, so I'm not sure if I can even complain, was honestly just sharing results.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Getting an error on the stat screen at restart.

You have reached a new highest confidence of 95.41000000000001

Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: $6 is not defined<<set $confidence +=$6>>

Confidence total permanent bonuses = 6 - ??? Your new total confidence is 59.65

Can attach a save if you need one to trace.
Also noticed some of the permanently bonuses are spelled permantently in the achievements.

• Red Heart

Lotrum

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
Getting an error on the stat screen at restart.

You have reached a new highest confidence of 95.41000000000001

Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: $6 is not defined<<set $confidence +=$6>>

Confidence total permanent bonuses = 6 - ??? Your new total confidence is 59.65

Can attach a save if you need one to trace.
Also noticed some of the permanently bonuses are spelled permantently in the achievements.
No need for savefile, was as easy to fix mistype. Fixed for next version.

Permantently was also a copypasted mistype and will be corrected for next version, thanks a lot! :)

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Is the protag legit time travelling or is his mind just creating "what ifs" based on his memories? It'd be gloomy af if it's the latter.

Nov 15, 2021
Is the protag legit time travelling or is his mind just creating "what ifs" based on his memories? It'd be gloomy af if it's the latter.
My reading of the game so far is that it's a Matrix-type simulation of the past, not actual time travel. I guess it's always open for there to be a big reveal in future updates.

Nov 3, 2017

Hey,

I understand your annoyance in the codes being leaked. My intention was never to financially harm you but to play the 'cheat cracking' game you set out. You made a game in hiding the codes, well I will play and post the proof of my success. If you never added the 'cheat cracking' game, I would never have posted the codes. If you removed the 'cheat cracking' game I would have stopped posting them.

I do this with no malice in my heart. I do this for fun.

I legit play without the cheats because I know its more fun. I reccomended people support you because I enjoy the game and would enjoy more of it.

Personally I do dislike the idea of 'paid cheats', if someone wants to cheat on a single player game, they should be able to. I understand that even without the codes and without an 'offical' cheat method, people can still cheat and you don't put in any walls to block people from cheating. I still don't like the concept of trying to get people to pay to be able to play the game how they want to play it. As I said before, I think you are making an enjoyable game and people should support you to support the game, not becaue they believe it is the only way to play how they want to play.

I personally don't want any drama and so if you are so upset about it, then I will stop posting the codes.

It is up to you if you want to keep the 'cheat cracking' game going or not. But I would personally ask for you to remove it. If you do want to keep it up, then I will tell you the method I used to solve it (in around 4 mins) for you to defend against.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also while I have your attention, I feel like it would be worth making the achievment rewards more consistent. Like why does kissing Rose give you an extra day but most girls its just a stat boost. And why does sleeping with Ms Pearl decrease the energy required to work at the fast food place? Like I get the general theme of each one (Natasha requires money and so her achivements give money) but they do seem quite random at times.

Personally I would reccomend having general rules for each activity with each girl. So Maybe- First Kisses give you +5 stat boost on a new run and having sex with a girl for the first time gives you +8 stat boost on a new run. Then have each girl have a 'boost type' so which matches her character (Carol could be Culture, while Katrina would be Intelligence). This can give the player an idea of how to boost their stats like 'Oh I need more intelligence on runs, I should focus on Katrina). This helps them organise their routes though the game. The rewards should also help link to other girls, so the player is jumping from girl to girl, progressing more each time. (You can keep the unique rewards but tie them to unique achievements)

For example, If you remove Natasha's money rewards and replace it with some stat boost. But then add them for Carol's achivements for geting money from her. This then makes more sense (get money from Carol -> start with more money), but it then allows you to do Natasha's path on your next loop. Then Natasha could give Popularity as her stat type which then allows you to do Melanieon your next loop, and so on. Nothing being set in stone (you could still get money to do Natasha via working and whatnot) but it helps guide the player to experience a variety of the game rather than doing one girl at a time.

All in all, Best of luck with your endeavours.

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes