Ren'Py Kaedama [v0.0.5] [Kaeru]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Oh, I wasn't seeing any issue with rollback in this game. I've seen it in other games, and seen other ppl & dev's comment that rolling back can/has caused issues. I usually just rollback myself, unless I notice it causing issues - in this case just to ensure no corruption/issues with what I was doing, I reloaded rather than rolled-back.
It shouldn't be causing any issues in Kaedama. I did try to make sure rolling back worked fine, because I figure most people would try to redo their inputs over and over trying to find whatever little things I've added. Only thing is, is that you can't rollback after loading a save due to the input system.

What happens is that scene gets to where she says "But I'll see you tomorrow ok?"
Ah, I'm gonna have to check that then, probably a problem with the looping system not updating correctly.

(which is ironic, as she's not even a real person. lol).
You're not the first one to say this lol. Of course, the characters aren't really reacting to what you are saying, but since you are forced to type in the mean words there is this level of empathy and I guess it's harder to disassociate yourself since the MC only ever "talks" when you type things in.
And since you do bring up 1 strike, you're out...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm liking the game so far, and if I do find anything else, I'll post here.
I'm happy to hear you've enjoyed it so far and I'll try my best to get the next update out as soon as possible. You can also dm me on here or on Discord if you want, I can imagine it being a little bothersome to have to type out a whole post each time. :)

Reactions: Shadowen

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
View attachment 3556221

Overview:
Enter the halls of Kaedama Private Academy: an all-girls private school that strives to help her students become confident, independent, and ready to face the challenges and obstacles of adult life.
Take on the mantle of Class 3-B's new teacher and join the seventeen students as they stumble their way through their journies of self-discovery, experiencing the ups and downs of friendship, drama, and romance. Perhaps you could be there to lend an ear? Offer some advice? Or maybe provide a little extracurricular support?

Embrace your new role, learn to love the eclectic mix of girls, and maybe... just maybe... set their hearts aflutter.

Thread Updated: 2024-06-15
Release Date: 2024-06-15
Developer: Kaeru - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.5
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -
Linux: - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -

Update Only: - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -

View attachment 3556134 View attachment 3556139 View attachment 3556156 View attachment 3556181 View attachment 3556182 View attachment 3556183 View attachment 3556186 View attachment 3556191 View attachment 3736931 View attachment 3736932 View attachment 3736933
The response system is kind of cool. It makes you feel more involved and a bigger part of the game. The game is very touching, so far, you feel so much for these girls and they are all super cuties and I love cuties. All the pics in the examples above, I have seen in the game so I assume that I haven't missed too much if anything. The big pic above is not in this version, I assume. I am a super old guy and I love some serious fetish tags, but, this game is on a different level and it's just super sweet. The girls make you laugh, tear up and think. I like that too.
Still hoping that they all start warming up to the hot teacher in the next version. But, you do you.

Even if you make a response that the girls don't understand, you can just roll back and change it, right? I did and it seems to work that way.

• Red Heart
Reactions: KaeruVN

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
I'm really happy you enjoyed the response system and love my girls. I tried my best to make them as cute as possible and hopefully you were able to type in all the responses you could think of. :)

The big pic above is not in this version, I assume.
Correct, no beach/swimsuit fun yet. Of course, there will be a time where you'll have to go swim with these girls and possibly gain some special alone time as well.

Still hoping that they all start warming up to the hot teacher in the next version. But, you do you.
Yeah, it's definitely a slow process, they need time to figure out if they actually like you and vice versa.

Even if you make a response that the girls don't understand, you can just roll back and change it, right? I did and it seems to work that way.
Yeah, you can rollback as many times as you like to figure out what response they do understand.
You won't get punished or anything for rolling back and I actively encourage it, because some responses will reveal a bit more character lore.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CutieLvr

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
I'm really happy you enjoyed the response system and love my girls. I tried my best to make them as cute as possible and hopefully you were able to type in all the responses you could think of. :)

Correct, no beach/swimsuit fun yet. Of course, there will be a time where you'll have to go swim with these girls and possibly gain some special alone time as well.

Yeah, it's definitely a slow process, they need time to figure out if they actually like you and vice versa.

Yeah, you can rollback as many times as you like to figure out what response they do understand.
You won't get punished or anything for rolling back and I actively encourage it, because some responses will reveal a bit more character lore.
I assume the more suggestive, corrupting responses will come as the girls warm up to the teacher. It sure would be nice to see them in various stages of being undressed. When they are home, or in the locker room, showering, etc. EYE CANDY!!!
Just had a thought, will teach be able to get involved with some of these girl's moms? Just a thought.

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Do you have to type in your responses?
Yeah, you do.

It sure would be nice to see them in various stages of being undressed.

Just had a thought, will teach be able to get involved with some of these girl's moms? Just a thought.
Honestly, when I first started, I was thinking of adding more characters, but I've opted to kill off everyone except the 17 main girls. It'll be too much work to create and entire group of side characters and I'd rather just focus on the characters that are there already and make them as perfect as I can.

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Alright, I've released a small hotfix for anyone interested. I've fixed the bugs, added an extra secret, a small extra scene and all the inputs people have requested me. Let me know if there's anything else that might need fixing or if there are any other inputs you'd like to see.

Reactions: Shadowen

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
3 things:

1. You tried to correct humor, but it's still misspelled.

When Tatsuo says "You have a strange sense of houmour." - just use the US spelling, much easier. So 'houmour' should be 'humor'.

2. In the Library when Tatsuo asks why your there and says "Looking to help us study perhaps?"

- You can respond with "Kumi" to this
- She reacts by saying "You're here for Kumi? Great", "Take a seat right next to her"
- Instead of sitting and the scene continuing, you get "Not wanting to join them in their studies, you walk away"

- You get the same if you respond with "Akane" or "Chiyo". Get told to sit next to Kumi, then you leave instead.

- It does work if you answer "Tatsuo" - she says "Why?", "If you're here to help me study then take a seat"... you do and the scene continues as expected.

3. The Ayumi headpat issue I posted about above happens on a new save. So not to do with possible issues/problems/conflicts with using a pre-existing save.

Redmage1000

Mar 28, 2024
Really enjoyed what's here so far. Is the main way to find secrets through the dialogue choices or is there something I'm missing.
But yeah I can't wait to see more and see where you can go with the girls. Kumi seems like a given if you respect her time and actually do stuff with her. Mana and Nori are probably next as they already are very friendly with the teacher but both in different ways.

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Really enjoyed what's here so far. Is the main way to find secrets through the dialogue choices or is there something I'm missing.
But yeah I can't wait to see more and see where you can go with the girls. Kumi seems like a given if you respect her time and actually do stuff with her. Mana and Nori are probably next as they already are very friendly with the teacher but both in different ways.
I'm glad to hear it. :)
Every secret is a clickable object hidden the background. It'll be a little brighter when you hover over it and they are only in scenes where the character was/is present.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes