Ren'Py Kaedama [v0.0.5] [Kaeru]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes
Mar 12, 2018
So fare a really nice Idea, but how accurate (spelling error rate) will the system be? Because not everyone is good at English or Gramar.
(Yeah i'm also NOT a nativ english, thats why i ask)

Reactions: KaeruVN

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
So fare a really nice Idea, but how accurate (spelling error rate) will the system be? Because not everyone is good at English or Gramar.
(Yeah i'm also NOT a nativ english, thats why i ask)
The system does take into account certain spelling and grammatical errors, but if you possess a basic level of English, you should do alright. Most of the questions are pretty cut and clear and you can answer in simple terms as well.

If you've got any input tips or words that really trip you up, let me know and I'll add them in.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
KaeruVN When Kumi is at your place, at the very beginning and asking if she can stay, telling her stuff like "you can stay" or "stay with me" and other variations of those, do nothing. I would have expected that kind of response to be detected by default. Also, when Tatsuo asks about our relationship with Kumi, telling her "she's my friend" does nothing either.

On that note, since you said that they can respond to pervy things too, when she asked if she could stay in bed with MC, I tested answering with a perv response of: "I sleep naked, does it bother you?" and her answer was exactly the same as if I had just said "no" instead of the response she gives when asking for sex, or the "What do you mean" one.

So while I'm still at the beginning, I think the idea behind the vn is a good one, but there definitely needs a bigger library of responses that the girls can recognize.

Jul 23, 2021
Interesting concept so i gave it a short try, will look deeper a bit later because i enjoyed.

First impressions is that I was thrown in the deep end immediately without any sort of build up or introduction outside of the tutorial and reading the synopsis here.

Not even like 2 minutes in and I don't know my supposed attachment to any of these characters or reasons to help Kumi when she shows up on my doorstep and then characters are asking me about my relationship with her? Like evidence suggests it's something important but god help me if i know yet. You do get interesting answers for something like Lover/Daughter/Family but other options like a friend or as previously suggested caregiver get the confused 'what does that mean response'

Similarly when asked to give a response for going on a run, appropriate choices (in my mind at least) like 'Sorry I'm busy' or contextually something like 'Going to the hospital' or even 'I'm with Kumi today' all get a 'what does that mean?' I understand it isn't that deep and to keep my answers simple so that one's probably on me.

There's a little bit of uncanniness going on in the designs somehow? like i've played a lot of games using koikatsu models or whatever this is but for some reason yours stand out more than others? The eyes give me clannad vibes or something so i don't really know what's going on, could be a me thing too but?

Overall it's a neat idea from the short amount i tried (only to the point of your first class rn) and I'd like to see it improve and perform well so I'll check back now and then.

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Dev ,Is this game solo route or is it gonna have harem in future? Just asking before I play; I have no problem with both
It's gonna be a mixture of both really. Because I want to keep a semblance of realism, you won't be able to get a harem with 17 different girls. However, you could quite easily cheat on characters that aren't friends and don't really interact with each other.

So while I'm still at the beginning, I think the idea behind the vn is a good one, but there definitely needs a bigger library of responses that the girls can recognize.
For sure, I'm constantly adding in new recognizable inputs and there will always be a few I might miss. Those are some great suggestions and I'll be sure to add them in. Seems like a made a slight mistake with the "friend" one. If you type in friends, it will recognize, but it will not without the extra "s" in there.

Not even like 2 minutes in and I don't know my supposed attachment to any of these characters or reasons to help Kumi when she shows up on my doorstep and then characters are asking me about my relationship with her?
Yeah, I left it rather ambiguous on purpose. The MC is pretty much a blank slate and meeting every character for the first time, so you don't need to feel any sort of attachment to any of them. The only one you might have some history with is Kumi, but later down the game you'll find out more about your supposed relationship.

Similarly when asked to give a response for going on a run, appropriate choices (in my mind at least) like 'Sorry I'm busy' or contextually something like 'Going to the hospital' or even 'I'm with Kumi today' all get a 'what does that mean?' I understand it isn't that deep and to keep my answers simple so that one's probably on me.
I'll add all of those in, like I said previously, there will always be some responses I miss, because the entire system is hard coded. So I really appreciate the feedback on what inputs I might've missed.
Interesting take on the models lol, I can see the Clannad comparison, I was/am a huge fan of that anime and cute, shiny eyes are definitely something that attracts me.

Thank you all for the feedback and for trying Kaedama out.

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Will dominations be possible in future tags? or are they just the ones already written?
Yeah, domination might be possible in the future, but it depends on your definition of domination. Because it probably won't go down the full on slave-master route.

Blueshirt616

Nov 2, 2021
Personally I find that having to type in responses breaks the flow of the game, especially when the system isn't detecting your answers. It adds a layer of frustration, which is one of the quickest ways to kill interest in VNs

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
Personally I find that having to type in responses breaks the flow of the game, especially when the system isn't detecting your answers. It adds a layer of frustration, which is one of the quickest ways to kill interest in VNs
Sorry to hear that. Which inputs did you try that didn't work?

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
You lost me at me not having any clue wtf i'm supposed to be typing.
i'm not playing Zork for a reason.

Reactions: Amedeux

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
You lost me at me not having any clue wtf i'm supposed to be typing.
i'm not playing Zork for a reason.
The questions are pretty self-explanatory unless you're still at the introduction part, in which case you can ask some basic questions about the character or the school setting.
Thank you for the feedback though.

Jul 23, 2021
It's gonna be a mixture of both really. Because I want to keep a semblance of realism, you won't be able to get a harem with 17 different girls. However, you could quite easily cheat on characters that aren't friends and don't really interact with each other.

For sure, I'm constantly adding in new recognizable inputs and there will always be a few I might miss. Those are some great suggestions and I'll be sure to add them in. Seems like a made a slight mistake with the "friend" one. If you type in friends, it will recognize, but it will not without the extra "s" in there.

Yeah, I left it rather ambiguous on purpose. The MC is pretty much a blank slate and meeting every character for the first time, so you don't need to feel any sort of attachment to any of them. The only one you might have some history with is Kumi, but later down the game you'll find out more about your supposed relationship.

I'll add all of those in, like I said previously, there will always be some responses I miss, because the entire system is hard coded. So I really appreciate the feedback on what inputs I might've missed.
Interesting take on the models lol, I can see the Clannad comparison, I was/am a huge fan of that anime and cute, shiny eyes are definitely something that attracts me.

Thank you all for the feedback and for trying Kaedama out.
I appreciate you giving the time and fast feedback on opinions, This is something i can see going far it just kind of needs input from people on responses i guess?

The Kumi thing though still 'hits' me in the wrong way without a general introduction based on the game tags, I was overall just like 'she has no one to go to of course I'm gonna let her in, I did a later test run saying no to most things and it did give me a whole myriad of different scenes leading to the classroom point and i hadn't expected that at all so I'm a big fan. Every playthrough not being the same is definitely being delivered so far.

The biggest issue i can see happening is if you ever call something cannon or just the general FOMO for all the scenes? People are gonna give you different opinions based on their own choices and responses so you really have to stick to your guns and finish your ideal story before going off rails and writing in non obvious bad routes or something?

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
I appreciate you giving the time and fast feedback on opinions, This is something i can see going far it just kind of needs input from people on responses i guess?
Yeah, it does require a lot of feedback from players, which of course means, I'll always be missing some inputs people might try, but I am more than happy to add them every time someone mentions missing one. It's usually not too much extra work and it makes the game better.

Every playthrough not being the same is definitely being delivered so far.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I try my best to make sure the game feels different based on how you play it with a few random elements in there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And I want it to make sense from a realistic point of view, because Kumi will of course be upset if you basically kick her out when she's distraught and looking for someone to comfort her.

The biggest issue i can see happening is if you ever call something cannon or just the general FOMO for all the scenes? People are gonna give you different opinions based on their own choices and responses so you really have to stick to your guns and finish your ideal story before going off rails and writing in non obvious bad routes or something?
That is a very good point you've raised and small inputs do affect the gameplay later on, but the general storyline is still there.
For example, giving Mana detention has some minor impact for the after school scenes.

For the most part, I have written a basic direction I'm going with for each character, so my ideal story is already there. Only thing is, is that your inputs will matter a great deal, so there will probably be hundreds of different potential endings.

But in terms of bad endings, there is one hidden in there already, a little hidden though and I will work on bad routes and good routes simultaneously, but I've got a general idea where I'm going with each route already.

And thank you again, if you find any other inputs you want added in, let me know, more than happy to include them.

Amedeux

Apr 6, 2020
As a high school graduate where we were 4 boys and 28 girls in class, I listened and took part in hundreds of pointless and endless conversations.
Why would I do that again after 45 years?
Back then I did that somewhat out of necessity, on a daily basis, with high chances to get some action with a girl. Now I'd have to wait 3-4 months for what? A kiss? Then another 3-4 months to see a boob? No, thanks.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Kaedama-0.0.5
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

as22

Oct 1, 2018
Keep your original idea if it's what motivates you OP. You don't need to listen to people who can't speak English.
After all, you have already clearly stated in the OP "Language: English".

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
language barrier in this game is already a thing but this
I can understand the frustration and I know you already asked the question on Discord, but I'll also answer it here for other people that might get stuck and give a hint.
Ayumi does not know what the correct answer is herself, she's asking for your help.

• Red Heart
Reactions: love tailmon
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes