Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
[News] Ilreth Reveal

Hello everyone!
We are very proud to show you what Ilreth looks and sounds like! will voice her!

Help us reach 35k wishlists on and support us on or . A successful early access and some extra Patreon budget mean that we will have more funds to boost the game's development speed and add enough content to even have playable companions! (Such as Ilreth!).

富岡町

Jun 13, 2019
Awesome. I hope this will get better and better, and good use of UE5 it will be awesome. We really need a decent Vampyric themed rpg, and especially one with extra spicy content. Wishlisted too.
(I hope for FSR 2 implementation in near future too, and thanks for making Female models looks normal, instead of the typical Cow style with massive thighs etc, as almost everyone else doing at their games)

DDus561

Sep 27, 2019
I have a question, is it possible to change the main character's height in any way?
And if no, is there any plans on it?

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I have a question, is it possible to change the main character's height in any way?
And if no, is there any plans on it?
As much as I'd like that, we had to make everyone the same height because otherwise, the NSFW animations wouldn't work properly for every NPC.

So basically Kalyskah is 1,76m tall and we had to make all female and male characters the same height. If one day our budget grows enough and enables us to change our animation system to adapt to different character heights, it would be amazing, but I don't have much hope for that unfortunately.

Reactions: DDus561

Nasao

Sep 30, 2019
Translating the game to different languages is something we plan to do at some point after the Steam Release in case things work well. But with our current budget, unfortunately, we can't do it.
A French translation please :giggle:

BHANU986

Dec 16, 2023
a small poem for this game
sloth in development
scam for the patreons
shitty as the quality
greedy as the wishlist needed

ave10

Jun 10, 2020
So.

I have a 3070 laptop GPU with 8Gb of VRAM.
Not only does the game still report an out of memory error when I set everything to low, sert max FPS to 30, and try low resolution like 1360x768, it keeps reverting any changes I make in the setting.
Lower FPS and click save ? Next time I open the settings, it's back to unlimited.
Set to Windowed 1360x768 ? The very next time I open the settings, it switches back to Fullscreen, and 720p. Same thing for any other setting, if I set them to low,they just set themselves back to Very High for no reason.

Is there anything I can do to for the game to actually remember settings and stop dialing them back to 11 ?

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
Is there anything I can do to for the game to actually remember settings and stop dialing them back to 11 ?
Nope... saving setting has been a issue (for me) for a very long time and I have mentioned it many time too, both here and on discord. Specifically the audio settings. As for the performance - it's also an issue for a long time. They try to optimize it but the difference is pretty small. At least loading times are A LOT shorter compared to the legacy version. Depending on which version you're playing there seems to be some CPU dependency that they're working on. The team seems too small or too unfamiliar with UE for such a project. My advice to them is to sync better and work on smaller chunks until they fix the performance issues. They did publish they plan for the year but the unmentioned details are important.

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Someone can publish the last version on steam with improvements and patches, some approximatively 4-5 month there has been no update on this thread

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
We have been with our hands tied on fixing this issue ever since last year, when we started to transport the game from Unreal 4 to Unreal 5. A lot of technologies have changed and we couldn't implement new features or fix issues that would require too much rewriting of the base code to avoid having to work twice when we finished the migration to Unreal 5.

Now that we are no longer working on Unreal 4, give us a bit more time and this will be fixed.

My advice to them is to sync better and work on smaller chunks until they fix the performance issues.
That's what we are doing now. We posted the plan we have for 2024 and it's basically that we'll be working on a demo that later will be attached in between the legacy and the prologue content. We are fixing all the game's shaders right now. The next step is to fix the hierarchy of the c++ classes and blueprints and last, rework the combat and NPC save\load system and then go back to the bigger chunk of content.

For now what we are going for is making sure every system is working correctly in Unreal 5 and that we are not creating more draw calls than necessary, which will fix the performance for good. And we couldn't do any of that while working on two engines at the same time.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
[News] The Material Standardizing process

Hello everyone, Corintio here!

This month has been very busy with housekeeping. Here's a summary of what we are working on on the technical side to prepare the first demo in Unreal Engine 5:

• We are standardising the naming conventions in our project content folder.
  • Categorizing these assets so they are in a meaningful file directory (such as if it's related to architecture it needs to be in the architecture folder).
  • Checking from assets we bought, what is being used and what is not, so we can delete what isn't necessary. This way we'll make the game's size shorter.
  • Checking the quality of materials from these assets, if it's too low quality we skip the process on this bad one and replacing for a better one.
After verifying what's on the list above, comes the texture fixing part. This is standardising how we handle the RGB channels for the assets in the game. So we will set the ones that are ORM (Occlusion, Roughness, Metalic) to MRAO (Metalic, Roughness, Ambient Occlusion) using the asset-fixer our programmer developed.

Does it sound complicated? Don't worry, let me explain to you a little of what all this gibberish means:

The whole point is to create later a master shader that will envelop every (or most) architecture in the game. What is the importance of this? Part of the reason our game has a bad performance is because of the number of materials without any standards we currently have.

Example: Let's say we have a chair and a bowl. The chair has a map with its colour, a normal map to give the illusion of bumpiness of the wood and then this ORM map that says how the light Occludes, what is the Roughness of the material and what parts of the chair have a Metalic effect. This map is a single image where the Red, Green and Blue channels contain the information on each of the aspects I listed.

Now let's say that the Bowl is on a different order. So if on the chair we say the Red channel informs the engine how the light occludes, on the bowl this same channel is used to inform the material's roughness.

We wouldn't be able to create a single Shader that reads the information of both the same way. Making is necessary to have one for each asset.

Each new shader creates a draw call, which weighs on your video card and CPU when you play our game. So the idea is that by standardizing how we handle each RGB channel for all the assets, we can reduce the number of shaders and thus reduce how much the game weighs on your PC, improving the performance.

Summarizing, we're fixing and cleaning the materials before we create new, optimized ones for the game.

KalyskahbundleA.gif

Now let's go to what we are doing on the writing side:

Lily has been studying a new software called Articy. It will allow us to better organize the scenes the game has and later export scripts in a way that simplifies the life of people who will be localizing the game to other languages, starting with Brazilian Portuguese

We are also studying the prologue, taking notes of the story so we can also begin to rewrite the starting dungeon of the Legacy Version, in a way that the story not only doesn't have plot holes but also conveys the emotion we want you to feel when you realise what happened to Kalyskah's legion. I'm sorry, but our job now will be to make sure that you feel sad when you play that dungeon!

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Kalyskah
Thank you for your job, I've played a little you game and it feels very promising. Do you plan a Russian localization?
We plan Brazilian Portuguese localizations, but we can't guarantee any other language yet since it will require a bigger budget.

ave10

Jun 10, 2020
So.

I have a 3070 laptop GPU with 8Gb of VRAM.
Not only does the game still report an out of memory error when I set everything to low, sert max FPS to 30, and try low resolution like 1360x768, it keeps reverting any changes I make in the setting.
Lower FPS and click save ? Next time I open the settings, it's back to unlimited.
Set to Windowed 1360x768 ? The very next time I open the settings, it switches back to Fullscreen, and 720p. Same thing for any other setting, if I set them to low,they just set themselves back to Very High for no reason.

> Not only does the game still report an out of memory error when I set everything to low

Turns out.
Unreal kept insisting on trying to run the game on the integrated GPU (and thus using my RAM in place of VRAM) instead of my dGPU. But after a reboot, everything's fine, and I can't seem to be able to reproduce the issue.

Bingman123

Apr 7, 2021
The developer needs to take notes of how the legacy version works. The new game still doesn't do well with Intel Iris Plus Graphics Card I have. Plz, no graphics card dick measuring remarks.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
The developer needs to take notes of how the legacy version works. The new game still doesn't do well with Intel Iris Plus Graphics Card I have. Plz, no graphics card dick measuring remarks.
We have been with our hands tied on the optimization side ever since August, which is when we began to move things to Unreal 5. Now that we are done with the transition we are reworking everything as I mentioned above on the post about the

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
[News] Karnstein Legion Armour Remake!
Kalyskah - Karnstein Legion ACD.png

Hello everyone, as you all know, we are now bringing the game to Unreal Engine 5. And with that in mind, we took a look at this:
1708190071505.png

And we thought: "Alright, this is where came from, but if we are bringing the game to the best engine 2024 can offer us, why not improve Kalyskah's armour to the best we can do!?"

So with that in mind, we started to review things:

Kalyskah - Karnstein Legion A.png

We are super proud of the results and can't wait to start the texturing process to later bring you the best version of Kalyskah that we can. There are more pictures on this post because of course, we aim to please every taste, so the armour is being done in layers that we can disable. After all, we have no judgment if you want to play Kalyskah wearing a fantasy-historically accurate warrior in dark armour, or an agile and playful vampire dressed to entice her enemies in battle!
Kalyskah - Karnstein Legion B.png Kalyskah - Karnstein Legion C.png Kalyskah - Karnstein Legion D.png
The cape is on a separate slot that you can wear over every variation of the armour. I hope you enjoy it and that you are as excited as we are!

• Love
Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Question: there is a scene with the new recruits and you can choose to give them a demonstration of a reward if they follow orders. If you select the male recruit and then choose to sub, he would stick a thumb in Kaly's mouth. Can he at least remove his gauntlet first? :LOL:
Oh my, that's true, we'll review that next time we release the prologue content. Right now we are focusing on the demo for the next Steamfest and I can't wait to show what it is looking like!

Reactions: Peanutccino
3.30 star(s) 41 Votes