NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Some trouble with the UI elements. I found it difficult to get the mouse directly on the exact pixel necessary to increase stats, close chests, or change inventory items. At one point the character box just disappeared and I wasn't able to increase stats anymore even after hitting c a few times. Sometimes there would be text left floating on the screen. Everything else was pretty good to great. There was some clipping with the hair and I felt it was sometimes more difficult than it should have been to get the character pointing in the right direction during combat. Perhaps when you click LMB with the sword unsheathed the character should turn towards the crosshairs when they swing? I'm not here for the combat, but at the very least it wasn't an impediment to playing the game. I ended up using the default character with just some changes to the hairstyle and color, Devs really knocked it out of the park there and with the sample animations.
I have a problem with clicking + button to increase stats as well. Some error text keep popping up but I keep clicking several time and managed to increase my stats. I use the default hairstyle and hasn't noticed any clipping. Only gave her a red lipstick and thats it.

Halexx

Aug 28, 2016
4GBs?
Can someone tell me if this has any actual worthwhile content or is it just barely above a tech demo?

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Vampire the Masquerade game helped me a lot to portrait vampires, but as for the lore, my main inspiration for Kalyskah are the classic romances like Dracula, Carmilla, Vurdalak Family, The Vampire, etc..

As already answered by Astutejoe, we are polishing the mechanics to have a solid base before we move on to the erotic\quests content in a way more immersive manner. I mean, I'm sure that no one would like to clip their camera through walls or fall under the ground when they are trying to reach an NPC to have fun with, right? xD
Hey, I understand you guys want to polishing the main mechanics first before move on to erotic stuff. But if you want to get more patron, you should making more sex animations along side. That is just how thing work with these crowdfunding adult games. You can spend a lot of work to improve core machanic but most peoples are here for the erotic stuff. If you don't have any new erotic stuff update monthy they will stop pledging. If they want great story and gameplay there is plenty of AAA games out there to choose from.

Oct 31, 2017
I dipped my feet in yesterday and this was a lot better than expected. Good character creator where I could make slight tweaks without the model immediately coming apart as often happens. The overt appeal over many other games of this kind is obviously the high fidelity and moody look.

It overall seems very ambitious. I did manage to clip myself through the floor of the elevator once but even then the game caught me and quickly send me back up so it was a pretty clean recovery. The clothes looked great, my hair had a slight clip with the hat but to make up for it the glasses just looked spot on for my character.

Since they already get plenty mention I am not too worried about expansion of the combat, more enemies, save function, all that kind of stuff which will naturally come out of continued development, so I thought I'd chime in with some maybe smaller stuff that would immediately improve the game further for people like me, hopefully without a lot of complicated work:

- A few preset colors in the creator (hair etc.). Color sliders worked better for me than I am used to but its still nice to have a few base colors to tweak from, rather than for example having to figure out how to do blonde or something from scratch.
- Info page that shows controls (Might be my negligience but I only figured out how to heal myself after more time than I care to admit)
- A slider for mouse sensitivity
- Smallish tutorial popups or something that give you a heads up that you can jump and sprint if you put away your sword or drain blood by sneakattack and holding down attack. Specific mechanics like that. This might not be necessary anymore if controls get explained, but not knowing I can jump was the single longest hurdle for my progress at the start.

I might add more as memory comes back.

Either way this has me uniquely intruiged right now.

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
e. After that, they'll become unbreakable and boss will kill you in 4 hits.
That's freaking good to know! We'll fix that ASAP, something must've broken the pillar system and we didn't realize.

So the demo only goes till you get out of the crypt/temple what ever?
Yup

Some trouble with the UI elements. I found it difficult to get the mouse directly on the exact pixel necessary to increase stats, close chests, or change inventory items. At one point the character box just disappeared and I wasn't able to increase stats anymore even after hitting c a few times.
I have a problem with clicking + button to increase stats as well.
I never had this issue but interestingly enough, I just revamp the whole UI code, this most definitely was fixed in the way (it's feeling a lot better now)

Hey, I understand you guys want to polishing the main mechanics first before move on to erotic stuff.
That's a very good insight actually, makes a lot of sense, thanks!

I thought I'd chime in with some maybe smaller stuff that would immediately improve the game further for people like me, hopefully without a lot of complicated work:

- A few preset colors in the creator (hair etc.). Color sliders worked better for me than I am used to but its still nice to have a few base colors to tweak from, rather than for example having to figure out how to do blonde or something from scratch.

- Info page that shows controls (Might be my negligience but I only figured out how to heal myself after more time than I care to admit)

- Smallish tutorial popups or something that give you a heads up that you can jump and sprint if you put away your sword or drain blood by sneakattack and holding down attack. Specific mechanics like that. This might not be necessary anymore if controls get explained, but not knowing I can jump was the single longest hurdle for my progress at the start.
We just implemented a lot of effort in letting the user know the mechanics and key bindings, thanks for the tips and the kind words mate ;)

link:

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/04/292407_Kalyskah-fan.gif
Appreciated the hell out of it, looking sweet!

Reactions: CLDꝜ and NukaCola

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Hey, I understand you guys want to polishing the main mechanics first before move on to erotic stuff. But if you want to get more patron, you should making more sex animations along side. That is just how thing work with these crowdfunding adult games. You can spend a lot of work to improve core machanic but most peoples are here for the erotic stuff. If you don't have any new erotic stuff update monthy they will stop pledging. If they want great story and gameplay there is plenty of AAA games out there to choose from.
We will be adding new erotic quests alongside with the mechanics. Just gonna polish the basic of the game more because well.. no one wants to be walking around to have fun with an NPC and suddenly clip with the level and fall into nothingness and have to restart the game, right? xD

I dipped my feet in yesterday and this was a lot better than expected. Good character creator where I could make slight tweaks without the model immediately coming apart as often happens. The overt appeal over many other games of this kind is obviously the high fidelity and moody look.

It overall seems very ambitious. I did manage to clip myself through the floor of the elevator once but even then the game caught me and quickly send me back up so it was a pretty clean recovery. The clothes looked great, my hair had a slight clip with the hat but to make up for it the glasses just looked spot on for my character.

Since they already get plenty mention I am not too worried about expansion of the combat, more enemies, save function, all that kind of stuff which will naturally come out of continued development, so I thought I'd chime in with some maybe smaller stuff that would immediately improve the game further for people like me, hopefully without a lot of complicated work:

I might add more as memory comes back.

Either way this has me uniquely intruiged right now.
1) We had color presets for the hair before we changed our minds and decided to make the sliders. But sure, after testing the game a bit more often I realised that they are very important. Not everyone is as used as we are to work with RGB to make colours.

2) On the public demo, the controls can be found on the main menu, on the patron version, we have added them to the lower left of the screen and they adapt to display the proper keys on exploring, weapon up and target locked mode.

3) We plan to release huge graphics and mechanics customisation for version 0.7

4) The tutorials are planned to be added at some point, but the problem is that right now we are still testing new mechanics and seeing how they are going to work when put together with what we already have. And making a tutorial right now can be to much effort on something that might not actualy stick for too long on the game

Thank you very much for the feedback we are collecting everything people are saying here and puting on a to-do list

View attachment 278669
link:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/04/292407_Kalyskah-fan.gif
MY GOD!!! THIS IS AWERSOOOOMMMEEE!!!! HAVE YOU DONE THAT!?!?!?!?!

If you want a true dark souls experience, during the boss fight break all the columns and then die. After that, they'll become unbreakable and boss will kill you in 4 hits.
If you don't want to spend good 15 minutes poking this thing after your death, bait him into small entrance with falling column, he cannot leave it unless you'll stay in the way he came from. Hit it two times when he roars, use mist form to back off, wait 'till he roars again or bait him to if he just stays afk.
Wow! I didn't know about this glitch. thank you for sharing. Although he is less Meat-shield on the verison 0.6

So the demo only goes till you get out of the crypt/temple what ever?
Yes, we are still working on the open world. It will probably be released on version 0.8

openwolrd1.jpg
Openwolrd2.jpg

Some trouble with the UI elements. I found it difficult to get the mouse directly on the exact pixel necessary to increase stats, close chests, or change inventory items. At one point the character box just disappeared and I wasn't able to increase stats anymore even after hitting c a few times. Sometimes there would be text left floating on the screen. Everything else was pretty good to great. There was some clipping with the hair and I felt it was sometimes more difficult than it should have been to get the character pointing in the right direction during combat. Perhaps when you click LMB with the sword unsheathed the character should turn towards the crosshairs when they swing? I'm not here for the combat, but at the very least it wasn't an impediment to playing the game. I ended up using the default character with just some changes to the hairstyle and color, Devs really knocked it out of the park there and with the sample animations.
We have improved the crosshair for the patch that will be released at the end of thiss week.
Here is a picture showing you the debug boxes. As you can see, it's no longer by pixels, but you have an area to interact with items
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
MY GOD!!! THIS IS AWERSOOOOMMMEEE!!!! HAVE YOU DONE THAT!?!?!?!?!
I like to think is a 50/50 blame there, yours for doing the game and adding the character creation, which provided the opportunity for me to make the signature. :LOL:

I'm glad you like it and i wish you all the best in your endeavour, it shows a lot of promise and there's always room for more vampire games; i still can't believe they making VtM Bloodlines 2 either, i have been waiting for that game for so long.

Reactions: NukaCola

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I like to think is a 50/50 blame there, yours for doing the game and adding the character creation, which provided the opportunity for me to make the signature. :LOL:

I'm glad you like it and i wish you all the best in your endeavour, it shows a lot of promise and there's always room for more vampire games; i still can't believe they making VtM Bloodlines 2 either, i have been waiting for that game for so long.
2004 Krull, since 2004! ;)

Reactions: NukaCola and Krull

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019

I can barely wait to play this game! I play the pen and paper vampire the masquerade for years with my friends!

krubinka

Feb 9, 2019
Wow! I didn't know about this glitch.
Also, with multiple restarts caped version of MC outfit will do really weird things. Like growing arrows from the middle of her arms or cape ignoring physics, with each restart it goes worse and worse, but at some point fixes itself.
Bugging boss in that entrance is only possible thanks to unbreakable column, however, I think if you stay in a right place, it might have the very same effect.

zonegamer38

Sep 22, 2018
wow awsome Game i finished the demo and i will more ;) key stuck only if i try other hairstyle idk why but with default its work for me thanks for awsome work and hope see more :cool:

Reactions: NukaCola

StrikeEST

Jul 28, 2018
For some reason I get massive lag spikes in this game. FPS drops to 0 and then after like 10 - 15 sec goes back to max like nothing happened? What could cause this?
My specs are in the picutre. Graphics card thermal paste now changed, so much lower temperatures so these couldn't cause the lag as well.

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
For some reason I get massive lag spikes in this game. FPS drops to 0 and then after like 10 - 15 sec goes back to max like nothing happened? What could cause this?
My specs are in the picutre. Graphics card thermal paste now changed, so much lower temperatures so these couldn't cause the lag as well.
Are those GPU temps on idle? 72C is extremely hot for idle.

1554839125132.png

This is how my temps look like on Idle, with an overclocked CPU and a very powerful GPU. Is your case airflow proper? Is your GPU too old (it also may need a thermal paste change)?

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
With a CPU from 2012 and a GPU from 2016, there's a chance you'd need to wait for the devs to try to optimize the game even better before getting stable frames. Sudden drops like this can also be because of faulty hardware, and can be issues with basically any part (CPU, HDD, GPU, PSU, ram or the motherboard itself)
You can run to check your ram, you can try to run the game from another harddrive. You can run to stress-test your CPU and PSU, and basically any high-end game or 3dmark to test your GPU's stability. Be sure to note down temperatures while stress-testing too. You also need to make sure you have the latest drivers for the various components, especially your graphics card. Even an old sound-driver might screw up how your game runs. And lastly, try closing your browser and other software that likes to eat ram+cpu to see if that helps ^^

Reactions: astutejoe

StrikeEST

Jul 28, 2018
It is weird though. Only this game lags like this. I get very minor lag spikes in Conan Exiles too. Can run even more demanding gamnes without hiccups. That CPU is getting replaced soon anyway. GTA V runs totally fine.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
You can't compare AAA game-optimization with indie games. There was a few hundred more people developing and testing out GTA V ^^ Optimizing games, especially PC-games can a real headache for developers, and is something developers are mostly focusing on near the end of development. Did you try setting graphics options all to low, then turn off grass shadows?

3.30 star(s) 41 Votes