StrikeEST

Jul 28, 2018
it auto sets on very high. I can play FO 4 and 76 on Ultra so this game on very high is nothing. Grass shadows, I will try, but I get the lag even in the starting room.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Well, if AAA-games runs fine for you, it might simply be optimization. Try other Unreal Engine indie-games in early-development maybe. How's Last Hope or LifePlay running on your computer? Did you try moving Kalyskah to another harddrive?

StrikeEST

Jul 28, 2018
let me test out last hope. i could very well be the thing with unreal engine. Maybe my computer doesn't like unreal engine. I can put on another hard drive ye. The C drive is from 2014 when i built the PC.

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
let me test out last hope. i could very well be the thing with unreal engine. Maybe my computer doesn't like unreal engine. I can put on another hard drive ye. The C drive is from 2014 when i built the PC.
I've had an overclock FX 8320E, it definitely has a lot of problems keeping up with modern titles, compatibility, smoothness, and speed wise, I highly suggest you upgrading to some first gen Ryzen models, they're a real step up. I won't be hypocrite though, our game is pretty damn unoptimized, but we're having efforts at this exact minute (I just alt tabed to the forum) to optimize it, so you may have better experiences in future releases :)

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
I've had an overclock FX 8320E, it definitely has a lot of problems keeping up with modern titles, compatibility, smoothness, and speed wise, I highly suggest you upgrading to some first gen Ryzen models, they're a real step up. I won't be hypocrite though, our game is pretty damn unoptimized, but we're having efforts at this exact minute (I just alt tabed to the forum) to optimize it, so you may have better experiences in future releases :)
I really think you are doing a fine job of both listening to and trying to solve the issues that are in the game, i really really hope that you are able to an actual game out of this, i know there are some who just want a quick hander, but we are allso some who would like to play a full game, with adult content in it, and those are very rare and far between. may i allso humbly sugest you make some sort of grab mechanic for the barrels, the puzzle part of it is fine, but controlling the rolling barrals can probaly be a problem for some, and i expect moving and jumping on objects will not just happen in the demo so it will likly frustrate people quite alot..

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I think that CPU is just too weak. AMD cpu is not aged well. I have a weaker PC. i5 2400, gtx 1050ti, 8gb ram and I can run this game at high setting with no fps drop at all. It could be driver issue though. Maybe try update you vga driver.

zohanmohan

Jun 10, 2018
this game is a shit crap. the combat system is shit, and the boss battle is full of bugs, the teammates won't do a shit for you yet they can block you and take damage from you, and the weird lighting make the character too dark to see a shit. this whole game is a waste of time, the devs waste their time to make it, and players waste their time to try it.

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
this game is a shit crap. the combat system is shit, and the boss battle is full of bugs, the teammates won't do a shit for you yet they can block you and take damage from you, and the weird lighting make the character too dark to see a shit. this whole game is a waste of time, the devs waste their time to make it, and players waste their time to try it.
The combat system is changed in 0.6.1, the teammate will also support you in 0.6.1. I guess this will make the boss battle better too. They also added a "subtle light" to Kalyskah in that version to help combat the darkness. There's a changelog for the upcoming version in OP.

This is a very early version of the game. Try out some older versions, and you'll see how much the game has improved in just a few months.

It's possible to give constructive criticism without being a jerk about it.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Reading your comment was a waste of time, Mate.

StrikeEST

Jul 28, 2018
Third gen ryzen or maybe even Intel is my idea. It is just difficult to make a choice between buying a project acr, or computer parts. But I need new MOBO, RAM and procerssors as AM3+ is a dead socket.

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
It's okay guys, we can't please everyone, and being a jerk about it is just the downside of free speech. It's better if we work hard to prevent this from happening than just suppressing it :)

Thanks for the kind words anyway.

Reactions: Kalyskah

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Third gen ryzen or maybe even Intel is my idea. It is just difficult to make a choice between buying a project acr, or computer parts. But I need new MOBO, RAM and procerssors as AM3+ is a dead socket.
AM4 is a pretty dank socket! And third gen Ryzen is looking lovely indeed, I'm sticking to my 1700X until it launches.

Reactions: Kalyskah

DOM76210

Dec 19, 2017
I was trying this game, and after I killed all the guys in the lower level, I could no longer jump using the space bar. For a bit I was trying to turn into mist while using space bar, and then I could do nothing with it. Very frustrating.

Edit: Ok, 3 different times trying this game, and shortly after killing the two minions that are close to each other, the ability to jump is gone. That black mist is what happens when I used space bar.

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I played it for around 2-3 hours.
All bugs i got, was in character creation a breast distortion (the breasts literally inverted into the body of Mistress Karnstein) and a ctd during the cut scene where she recieves the heart? (red orb) from the beast.
Inventory, combat, jumping/mist form, switching weapons or sheath/unsheath the weapons, all this worked as intented.

No fps drops on highest settings

I want to add a suggestion:
when losing a battle, Mistress Karnstein always talked herself out of "punishment", this should be a rng chance?!

Reactions: astutejoe

CLDꝜ

Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I was trying this game, and after I killed all the guys in the lower level, I could no longer jump using the space bar. For a bit I was trying to turn into mist while using space bar, and then I could do nothing with it. Very frustrating.

Edit: Ok, 3 different times trying this game, and shortly after killing the two minions that are close to each other, the ability to jump is gone. That black mist is what happens when I used space bar.
Hit "R" to sheathe your weapon, and you can jump again:)

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I played it for around 2-3 hours.
All bugs i got, was in character creation a breast distortion (the breasts literally inverted into the body of Mistress Karnstein) and a ctd during the cut scene where she recieves the heart? (red orb) from the beast.
Inventory, combat, jumping/mist form, switching weapons or sheath/unsheath the weapons, all this worked as intented.

No fps drops on highest settings

I want to add a suggestion:
when losing a battle, Mistress Karnstein always talked herself out of "punishment", this should be a rng chance?!
We fixed the breast issue on 0.6.0 auhauhauha, it was a very creepy bug indeed.
We call fucking your way through death, "second chance", the pink heart with a number is the number of second chances you have, every time you kill an enemy you get a second chance, and every time you use it you lose a second chance point, we'll be tying this functionality to your charisma (we have a lot of attributes planned), to make it more coherent and less abusable.

I think the problem people are having is from the lack of clarification on the controls.

Thanks for your feedback :D

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019

When you absolutely can't turn into mist is when you're out of stamina. The mist ability was revamped on version 0.6.1 by yours truly, it should be more coherent now :)
Just like fellow @Crackalackadingdong mentioned, pressing R to sheathe your weapon should enable you to jump freely again.
The objective with that mechanic is to prevent players from jumping during fights like a crazy ass ninja.

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Just so you folks have an idea, right now (unreleased 0.6.3), we're re-coding most of the game functionality, even for basic stuff such as UI, doors, levers, to make sure it's robust and reliefs CPU usage. It's coming out lovely! Core stuff like the mist ability, sucking blood ability, combat, saving games, was re-coded on 0.6.1/0.6.2 and as far as we tested, is way better!

For 0.7.0 we're planning to add more content and add combos, we're not planning a lot, so we can release 0.6 to the public ASAP.

It's not a priority but we know the lipsync is utter shit. :censored:

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
We fixed the breast issue on 0.6.0 auhauhauha, it was a very creepy bug indeed.
We call fucking your way through death, "second chance", the pink heart with a number is the number of second chances you have, every time you kill an enemy you get a second chance, and every time you use it you lose a second chance point, we'll be tying this functionality to your charisma (we have a lot of attributes planned), to make it more coherent and less abusable.

I think the problem people are having is from the lack of clarification on the controls.

Thanks for your feedback :D
Ah okay, i recognized the pink hearts, i just thought they were a kill counter (sort of).
Yes, a skill check would be nice (a 100% chance is kinda boring, imo).

TY

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Ah okay, i recognized the pink hearts, i just thought they were a kill counter (sort of).
Yes, a skill check would be nice (a 100% chance is kinda boring, imo).

TY
In the future we will also improve the scenes, add stages to the animation and things of sort

3.30 star(s) 41 Votes