Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
[News] Progress on world map

Hello everyone!

I'm here to show you some progress we have had so far with the .

I've put a lonely Kalyskah here where we'll be transferring the starting area, and in the background, you can see how far Millhaven will be:

1651125662029.png

No reason to say that this will give us tons of space to play around with modular events while you are exploring the new lands. Bandits, animals and Vampire hunters are just a few of what we have in mind. But I rather not say too much more to avoid promising something that will take too long for us actually to implement on the game.

What is the planning that is going into it?
A lot. In order to have the new world being done by industry standards, we first checked what is the flow of the game currently have to create the list of priorities of the landscape we'll need to get done first so the game will be playable again as soon as possible. Also what we would need to adjust to make the dialogues more accurate.

1651125671854.png

And then, to make sure that the game would still look familiar, we started to list the places everyone should see from a distance. Let's call them landmarks. These landmarks will have LOD (level of Details) for several view distances, so if the player is far, they will be a blocky thing without too many details, and as they get close, the detail amount will increase.

LOD's are things we already have for houses, rocks and some characters. Still, on this review, we are bringing it to a whole new level instead of creating them just for individual asset pieces! We are grouping all the assets on the landmarks and creating the LOD from there, which will highly reduce the number of vertices for each of these significant buildings.

1651125704293.png

You can clearly see here that the areas we have planned to add quests are very close to each other, which reinforces the need we had to make the map bigger.
Notice that there is a place there saying "should be scary swamp". This is because there's a character in the game called Natasha, who, ever since the start, was supposed to be a crazy necromancer that lives on the creepy swamp that no one dares to set foot. Before, we didn't have the space to make the vegetation switch from a forest to a swamp in a way that would look natural... so to make the forest creepy, we added a camera effect + fog. Now that we have more space, we can better portray the initial vision of the witch's place, and this is something I'm very excited about too!

Whilst I wait for our team members to advance with their tasks, I've made a so our patrons can help me decide on what to work on in the meantime.

Last edited:

hieucamdau

Mar 20, 2019
Will this game get on steam one day ? This game is wonderful but I really lazy, I don't want to redownload every single update :(. If this game get on steam, I could support it easier

Reactions: [User Deleted]
Apr 26, 2022
Will this game get on steam one day ? This game is wonderful but I really lazy, I don't want to redownload every single update :(. If this game get on steam, I could support it easier
Same here - well not the lazy part...but I would buy it.
I've bought a few VN's on there just to support the dev.
I think it's polished enough for early access.

Reactions: [User Deleted]

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Same here - well not the lazy part...but I would buy it.
I've bought a few VN's on there just to support the dev.
I think it's polished enough for early access.
You can have it auto-updating in a similar way to steam if you get the public demo on itch. But we'll have a steam release at the end of the year, after the optimization patch and a few other polishments are done.

Oct 8, 2019
I tried the game out about a year ago when I got my PC and enjoyed what bit I played. The optimization killed it for me I hate to say. I don't have a very powerful gpu. Just a 1660 ti. So coming back and seeing the plans and efforts to make the game more accessible AND bigger to boot is amazing! It's really ambitious to me at least, but like I said from what I had played, I felt quality there which is pretty rare for a lewd game. I'm excited for the changes and to give the game the chance it deserves, even more if you do end up getting it onto steam! I think the game is pretty unique with the vampire aspect, you guys did a great job with the modeling and the graphics are nice, the map is interesting and I'm a staunch believer of there never being enough adult games with a female lead. Good luck to you guys!

MercyHealer

Jul 29, 2019
Clearly the dev out a lot of work and passion into this project but if I'm being honest. The voice acting and facial animations is quite bad compare to AAA games quality standard. For an indie project its passable though. If the dev is aiming for so bad that it good then they definitely successful. The was many moment the bad voice acting and awful cut scenes animations make the whole thing look hilarious. Ever watch India movies? That is what cutscenes in this game feel like.

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I tried the game out about a year ago when I got my PC and enjoyed what bit I played. The optimization killed it for me I hate to say. I don't have a very powerful gpu. Just a 1660 ti. So coming back and seeing the plans and efforts to make the game more accessible AND bigger to boot is amazing! It's really ambitious to me at least, but like I said from what I had played, I felt quality there which is pretty rare for a lewd game. I'm excited for the changes and to give the game the chance it deserves, even more if you do end up getting it onto steam! I think the game is pretty unique with the vampire aspect, you guys did a great job with the modeling and the graphics are nice, the map is interesting and I'm a staunch believer of there never being enough adult games with a female lead. Good luck to you guys!
Thank you very much!
We are very excited about the changes coming within the next two months =D

Clearly the dev out a lot of work and passion into this project but if I'm being honest. The voice acting and facial animations is quite bad compare to AAA games quality standard. For an indie project its passable though. If the dev is aiming for so bad that it good then they definitely successful. The was many moment the bad voice acting and awful cut scenes animations make the whole thing look hilarious. Ever watch India movies? That is what cutscenes in this game feel like.
I don't really get where you are talking about the voice acting being bad. Can you be more specific?

ImpossiblePie

Mar 27, 2020
did anyone have the same glitch like i do? when the scene between kalyskah and boris play, boris model just do weird pose, and when the second and third scene play, kalyskah and boris model just spinning around until the end of the scene (when you must choose to kill him or trade with him), it was never happen in previous version and i just realize when i play in this version

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
did anyone have the same glitch like i do? when the scene between kalyskah and boris play, boris model just do weird pose, and when the second and third scene play, kalyskah and boris model just spinning around until the end of the scene (when you must choose to kill him or trade with him), it was never happen in previous version and i just realize when i play in this version
I think this version still has a bug caused by the new eye-tracking mechanics. This issue was solved on the release we did for our patrons but version 0.20 is not stable enough to go public since we are still working on this milestone. So try again on the next patch because the whole open world will be looking bigger and the cutscenes will also be reviewed =)

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
In the mechanics? Probably not planned to be able to. But in the story you already turn 1 guy in the beginning of the game.

Reactions: Kalyskah

itzbob

Nov 10, 2017
I see monster tag but no monster contnet in the example screens. is there any? Is there a gallery mode?

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I see monster tag but no monster contnet in the example screens. is there any? Is there a gallery mode?
Oh, there will be monsters in the future but right now we don't have scenes with them yet. We won't have sex scenes with animals, but actual monsters. Now hm.. might be better to remove this tag until we add monster content though.

bluestar60

Nov 30, 2018
[News] Progress on world map

Hello everyone!

I'm here to show you some progress we have had so far with the .
Have you looked into Imposter lods?
They were originally created by unreal engine devs for use in fortnite
As you can see by Ryan Brucks
And a nice demo video here
here links to the latest maintained version

I personally use these where ever i can as there just simply better then the traditional lods
If your looking to squeeze as much performance as you can out of the the game then this is something you will want to look at
Its suggested to be best used for foliage but i use it on rocks and mountain meshes and buildings and monument meshes
Baking imposter lods is also very simple and automatable too so its not even like you have to go much out of your wat to test them out

In the first video i linked shows how quickly you can make a imposter lod

I also recommend checking out this method to save extra drawcalls in materials i use this for everything i do, i personally think it should be the new standard

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Have you looked into Imposter lods?
They were originally created by unreal engine devs for use in fortnite
As you can see by Ryan Brucks
And a nice demo video here
here links to the latest maintained version

I personally use these where ever i can as there just simply better then the traditional lods
If your looking to squeeze as much performance as you can out of the the game then this is something you will want to look at
Its suggested to be best used for foliage but i use it on rocks and mountain meshes and buildings and monument meshes
Baking imposter lods is also very simple and automatable too so its not even like you have to go much out of your wat to test them out

In the first video i linked shows how quickly you can make a imposter lod

I also recommend checking out this method to save extra drawcalls in materials i use this for everything i do, i personally think it should be the new standard
that actually seems very interesting!
I'll send it to my team to see if they know more about it

Reactions: Enigmanic

bluestar60

Nov 30, 2018
that actually seems very interesting!
I'll send it to my team to see if they know more about it
As your currently in a state optimization i would recommend testing imposter lods out for your self in engine, the imposter lod plugin is pretty simple to use and implement and a savvy bp coder could fully automate a bp script to batch process all assets in the content browser

As for the material trick as i say i think it should be the new standard as it is less drawcalls for one and allows what the guy in the vid refers to as 'swatches'. Its simply better for quick variation in materials and colors for assets. Reducing number of materiel is always good, having one master materials instead of 20 mats offers even less drawcalls so its with perusing. Should have a nice effect on vram usage too

You may want to do test builds in ue5 if you havnt already, had one of my scenes go form 40 fps to 120 just simply switching to the new engine without activating nanite ect. Its surprisingly more compatible then i was expecting, just depends if you use any plugins that are not updated to ue5 yet i guess

Edit: just discovered epic has included the imposter baker into ue4 2.7 builds so you just need to enable it now you dont need to find it from github anymore

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
As your currently in a state optimization i would recommend testing imposter lods out for your self in engine, the imposter lod plugin is pretty simple to use and implement and a savvy bp coder could fully automate a bp script to batch process all assets in the content browser

As for the material trick as i say i think it should be the new standard as it is less drawcalls for one and allows what the guy in the vid refers to as 'swatches'. Its simply better for quick variation in materials and colors for assets. Reducing number of materiel is always good, having one master materials instead of 20 mats offers even less drawcalls so its with perusing. Should have a nice effect on vram usage too

You may want to do test builds in ue5 if you havnt already, had one of my scenes go form 40 fps to 120 just simply switching to the new engine without activating nanite ect. Its surprisingly more compatible then i was expecting, just depends if you use any plugins that are not updated to ue5 yet i guess

Edit: just discovered epic has included the imposter baker into ue4 2.7 builds so you just need to enable it now you dont need to find it from github anymore
We can't transport the game to UE 5 yet because of plugins and other small problems we are facing on the game. Maybe next year or something.

About the imposter lod, I already mentioned that to our level desginer
1654021980917.png

Reactions: GhostProject
3.30 star(s) 41 Votes