RPGM None Kamikaze Kommittee Ouka 2

goldenb

Apr 18, 2018
I am giving my shot at translating this game and I have come promisingly far using translator++, EnigmaVBUnpacker and the great translation program deepL (it's free) which added a translation function from japanese to english like a week ago. From what I can tell the quality of it's automatic translation isn't perferct, but considerably better than any other translator I tried out, and, moreover, it gives you a good starting point to edit the translation manually with convenient, in-build tools. This way and by unpacking the boxed commericial version of the games .exe I have been able to patch in some promising translations of various game elements so far. And I'm confident that it wouldn't take long until I could give you guys a full and enjoyable translation.

But here's the catch:
When unpacking the game with translator++ (or EnigmaVBUnpacker) a considerable number of relevant game files are not being extracted (MapX.json files). This concerns quite many CG scene of the game. So unless anybody of you has an unpacker/decrypter of rpg mv games (other than the current version of EnigmaVBUnpacker) that can extract all relevant game files I'm afraid there'll never be a full translation of this game :(

Last edited:

Maximeme

Aug 20, 2017
I am giving my shot at translating this game and I have come promisingly far using translator++, EnigmaVBUnpacker and the great translation program deepL (it's free) which added a translation function from japanese to english like a week ago. From what I can tell the quality of it's automatic translation isn't perferct, but considerably better than any other translator I tried out, and, moreover, it gives you a good starting point to edit the translation manually with convenient, in-build tools. This way and by unpacking the boxed commericial version of the games .exe I have been able to patch in some promising translations of various game elements so far. And I'm confident that it wouldn't take long until I could give you guys a full and enjoyable translation.

But here's the catch:
When unpacking the game with translator++ (or EnigmaVBUnpacker) a considerable number of relevant game files are not being extracted (MapX.json files). This concerns quite many CG scene of the game. So unless anybody of you has an unpacker/decrypter of rpg mv games (other than the current version of EnigmaVBUnpacker) that can extract all relevant game files I'm afraid there'll never be a full translation of this game :(
I think I remember someone saying that most MV games aren't packed to begin with bu tI don't know if that helps... have you looked in all the folders when unpacking the game or do they just straight up not appear at all?

Last edited:

goldenb

Apr 18, 2018
I think I remember someone saying that most MV games aren't packed to begin with bu tI don't know if that helps... have you looked in all the folders when unpacking the game or do they just straight up not appear at all?
Despite a save directory the www folder is completely empty for the bought and downloaded version of the game. No maps.json no .dlls no system.json; nothing.That means that the .exe has to be unpacked before the data can be "patched" with english translations. At least that's the only approach I now of.

I looked it up: unpacking with EnigmaVBUnpacker leads to no additional map.json files in any of the other extracted directories.

Maximeme

Aug 20, 2017
Despite a save directory the www folder is completely empty for the bought and downloaded version of the game. No maps.json no .dlls no system.json; nothing.That means that the .exe has to be unpacked before the data can be "patched" with english translations. At least that's the only approach I now of.

I looked it up: unpacking with EnigmaVBUnpacker leads to no additional map.json files in any of the other extracted directories.
Well, I went and posted a request in the Troubleshooting forums, so hopefully, someone will be able to answer and we can make your translation efforts easier.

goldenb

Apr 18, 2018
Well, I went and posted a request in the Troubleshooting forums, so hopefully, someone will be able to answer and we can make your translation efforts easier.
Good news! I don't think that will be necessary anymore. I got around to trying to open the unpacked game with a trial version of rpgmaker mv and it seems that all text is there. I guess that translator++ isn't displaying all the text because some of it is unconventionally stored in the Common Events file or whatever, doesn't matter anymore. I never worked with the rpg maker mv editor but now I will work on the translation using that. I guess that means I have 20 days to finish this unless I want to pay 80$ for the full version...

Maximeme

Aug 20, 2017
Good news! I don't think that will be necessary anymore. I got around to trying to open the unpacked game with a trial version of rpgmaker mv and it seems that all text is there. I guess that translator++ isn't displaying all the text because some of it is unconventionally stored in the Common Events file or whatever, doesn't matter anymore. I never worked with the rpg maker mv editor but now I will work on the translation using that. I guess that means I have 20 days to finish this unless I want to pay 80$ for the full version...
Awesome! Well done! Though are you sure you need to buy it? I forget where I got my rpg maker but I know I didn't have to pay for it. Hold tight, I'm gonna find my version, see if I can't upload it here for you.