Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes
Apr 27, 2021
Good morning,

Indeed, your thinking on the same track as me now. Normally you should not have to copy them as they should be recognized within the "game/saves" folder of the VN, but we have to isolate that to understand why those saves in "games/saves" aren't being recognized... that's the initial goal.

So, yes, take another deep breath and: copy (don't "move" or "cut") ONLY the files that start with "2-" as I've highlighted here:
View attachment 1883133
And paste the copies into here:
View attachment 1883137

Why just those files? Those are your saves normally found on Page 2 only... so it's a way to isolate the next test: After performing the above start the VN and choose "Load" then go to Page 2 and see if available. If they are available then go back and copy all the other saves from "game/saves" of the VN's folder and paste them inside the " AppData/Roaming/RenPy/Test1-1575173365 " folder.

Report back your findings please.
Thank you very much, I just tried to do how you suggested, and indeed all the saves of Page 2 are now avalaible!
In the meantime, I elaborated a theory: around last Christmas, I bought a new PC. I put on an external drive all the games, and then I put them on the new PC. Can this be the reason why the saves are in the game folder but not "in PC memory"? I don't know if I've been able to explain myself.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you very much, I just tried to do how you suggested, and indeed all the saves of Page 2 are now avalaible!
In the meantime, I elaborated a theory: around last Christmas, I bought a new PC. I put on an external drive all the games, and then I put them on the new PC. Can this be the reason why the saves are in the game folder but not "in PC memory"? I don't know if I've been able to explain myself.
I do understand what you are getting at as I've done this more times that I can even count. BUT you should not normally have to do this procedure. All that matter to RenPy is that the saves are in either location (without getting too deep into the weeds on the subject). I'll have to try a few things with this VN in my free time as this normally does not occur nor matter. It would have affected you unmodded or modded as well, so this situation is possible for all users with this title. I'll see what's going on when I get a chance but at least now you're good to go.

Apr 27, 2021
I do understand what you are getting at as I've done this more times that I can even count. BUT you should not normally have to do this procedure. All that matter to RenPy is that the saves are in either location (without getting too deep into the weeds on the subject). I'll have to try a few things with this VN in my free time as this normally does not occur nor matter. It would have affected you unmodded or modded as well, so this situation is possible for all users with this title. I'll see what's going on when I get a chance but at least now you're good to go.
Anyway, I still thank you for the patience and for helping me to solve this problem.

Reactions: Sancho1969

steelmonkey76

Feb 4, 2021
G'day if Im repeating this question I apologise but do you think Android would get a version with your mod (scrappy) mod? Or is that not possible? Thanks anyway.

FinrayB

Feb 12, 2021
idk why im confused by this but if someone could be so kind as to explain this for me. What is 'scale' exactly? Its seems negative is better maybe?...obviously a plus or minus and the name of the character either gives or retracts points to the respective character, but when it has 'scale' idk if its good or bad?

Last edited:

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
What is 'scale' exactly? Its seems negative is better maybe?...I know that a plus or minus and just the name of the character either gives you or retracts points but when it has 'scale' idk if its good or bad?
It's the Dom/Sub Scale between the MC and the NPC. Plus means MC is more dominant (and the NPC subby in turn) and minus means the inverse.
But you can simply ignore those values - they have no impact on the game logic yet. (I suspect they'll become relevant in the endings and or romance paths)

Reactions: FinrayB

FinrayB

Feb 12, 2021
It's the Dom/Sub Scale between the MC and the NPC. Plus means MC is more dominant (and the NPC subby in turn) and minus means the inverse.
But you can simply ignore those values - they have no impact on the game logic yet. (I suspect they'll become relevant in the endings and or romance paths)
Thank You. I had no idea...now i do

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
G'day if Im repeating this question I apologise but do you think Android would get a version with your mod (scrappy) mod? Or is that not possible? Thanks anyway.
Well, this isn't scrappy's mod and this mod is already joiplay compatible... I already coded mobile support in the mod. Try it. When installed correctly via joiplay you'll see "SanchoMod Mobile Installed" in the bottom-right of the main menu system. The MiniMenu text size is larger and the items spaced further apart, and the SanchoOptions & SanchoCheats are easier to grab the adjustment bars, etc.

Last edited:

steelmonkey76

Feb 4, 2021
Well, this isn't scrappy's mod and this mod is already joiplay compatible... I already coded mobile support in the mod. Try it. When installed correctly via joiplay you'll see "SanchoMod Mobile Installed" in the bottom-right of the main menu system. The MiniMenu text size is larger and the items spaced further apart, and the SanchoOptions & SanchoCheats are easier to grab the adjustment bars, etc.
Oops sorry and thanks

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks. checked it was not working with 3gb pack but worked with 1.5 gb pack.
Good morning. The 3gb compression had issues when they first released it in the VN's OP but I thought that had been fixed. Glad you got it sorted.

fadeevsa

Feb 14, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive Mods/Playthroughs/overridescreens-saveload.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Karlssons_Gambit\KarlssonsGambit-0.5GeneralB-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Karlssons_Gambit\KarlssonsGambit-0.5GeneralB-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Karlssons_Gambit\KarlssonsGambit-0.5GeneralB-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Karlssons_Gambit\KarlssonsGambit-0.5GeneralB-pc\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))
Exception: Could not load from archive Mods/Playthroughs/overridescreens-saveload.rpyc.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
You have the mod installed in an older version of the VN (v0.5General). Install a fresh copy of v0.6.2Final from the VN's OP then install the mod to that. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm wondering if you could add some definitions for the shorthand. For example, what does "Psbl" stand for?
Good morning. I can do something but note that the acronyms used are the most universally accepted variants. For example "Psbl" is universally accepted as the acronym for "Possible", etc.

My most used acronyms off the top of my head (only on my second cup of coffee so I'm still getting going):
Psbl = Possible
Req = Required or Requires
Rcmnd = Recommend or Recommended
Add'l = Additional

Edit: Legend spoiler in OP updated as requested.

Last edited:

subwien

Jan 16, 2022
First of all, big thanks for this Mod that is very well done (like the game itself is to)!
But (there is always a but^^) is there a way to find out, what the players didnt experienced in all there playthrous?
On the upper right we can see how much we have seen. So is there a way to find out, what the rest is or how to reach them?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
First of all, big thanks for this Mod that is very well done (like the game itself is to)!
But (there is always a but^^) is there a way to find out, what the players didnt experienced in all there playthrous?
On the upper right we can see how much we have seen. So is there a way to find out, what the rest is or how to reach them?
Good afternoon. Please elaborate just a bit... do you mean stats or scenes or something else?

subwien

Jan 16, 2022
Your Mod shows how much scenes already expierienced. Its nice to know, that there is more, but after so many runs, im still missing something and cant find all of what there is to see. So the question is: is there a practical way to find that out?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Your Mod shows how much scenes already expierienced. Its nice to know, that there is more, but after so many runs, im still missing something and cant find all of what there is to see. So the question is: is there a practical way to find that out?
With so many splits you could likely use the SanchoGallery as a resource for scenes. I think you might be referring to the ProgressGuide bar? If so, the percentage won't ever be 100% until the VN is complete fwiw, it's a RenPy dialogue measurement method that I hook into.

Reactions: subwien

subwien

Jan 16, 2022
I think you might be referring to the ProgressGuide bar? If so, the percentage won't ever be 100% until the VN is complete fwiw, it's a RenPy dialogue measurement method that I hook into.
Thast what i had in Mind and thanks to clarifiy what it realy is.

jose100

Apr 20, 2018
Mind helping me a little? I was playing the new update (from the beginning) when I remembered Sancho's mod, downloaded it, installed it like the last time, and then this happens. I thought it was because I tried to load an unmoded save, but when I try to start a new game it also says the same.
1658232395229.png

Sorry if this has been fixed, I have looked a bit in the previous pages and I didn't see it.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes