Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Could someone tell me what Psbl Elena Submenu means?
It's two or more separate pieces of info. "Psbl xxxx" means that "xxxx" is possible by choosing this particular choice. "Submenu" means that the choice has additional choices if selected that the other choice(s) do NOT have.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
not working, says mod not installed properly even after instructions
Mod works fine. If is says "SanchoMod NOT Installed Properly" then it isn't. Install the mod inside a new/untampered with VN installation (uncompressed or compressed doesn't matter). Don't do ANYTHING else. Don't rename files, don't move files, don't get cute. Just those two steps and only those steps. Done. Report back your findings please.

Behappy69

Nov 3, 2020
It's two or more separate pieces of info. "Psbl xxxx" means that "xxxx" is possible by choosing this particular choice. "Submenu" means that the choice has additional choices if selected that the other choice(s) do NOT have.
Thanks for getting back to me I was told it depends on what I choose as in if I am on the good path, I think that's what I should choose for her it's just that I hadn't got to that part of the story yet. and vis Verser for Evil. (y) Also, thanks a lot for the mod you are Awesome!:giggle:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for getting back to me I was told it depends on what I choose as in if I am on the good path, I think that's what I should choose for her it's just that I hadn't got to that part of the story yet. and vis Verser for Evil. (y) Also, thanks a lot for the mod you are Awesome!:giggle:
If you give me an idea of the exact choice(s) you are asking about I'd be happy to go into further detail. Those that have become accustomed to SanchoMod in various VNs know I use a lot of acronyms but I keep them almost identical across the platform. This is due to limited space to put as much information as possible. For example, the "Submenu" context of the ChoiceGuide would appear something like this visually:
Python:
Choice 1 (Submenu):
    blah blah
        Choice 1a:
            blah blah
        Choice 1b:
            blah blah
Choice 2:
    blah blah
Choice 3:
    blah blah
Notice how only "Choice 1" has additional choices underneath it, hence "Submenu".

danny slayer

Nov 17, 2016
The mod seems to work for me on Exoplast’s compressed version (the 1.5gb), but not Jeevant’s compressed (the 3.47gb) — just FYI. Not sure why, but the latter didn’t request me to replace any files when I installed the mod into the game folder.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The mod seems to work for me on Exoplast’s compressed version (the 1.5gb), but not Jeevant’s compressed (the 3.47gb) — just FYI. Not sure why, but the latter didn’t request me to replace any files when I installed the mod into the game folder.
Good morning. That's because the latter is fucked up to be blunt. That link was pulled from the VN's OP to eliminate confusion. Use Exoplast's if you are going to use a compressed version. It is packaged correctly.

kevin188

May 3, 2020
Good morning. That's because the latter is fucked up to be blunt. That link was pulled from the VN's OP to eliminate confusion. Use Exoplast's if you are going to use a compressed version. It is packaged correctly.
You can help me please i used the compressed version

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You can help me please i used the compressed version
It appears that error would occur without the mod installed as well. The file with the error in not the mod. Have you tried that particular translated version without the mod installed yet? Report back your findings please.

Apr 27, 2021
Well, I don't know why, but in the "game" folder there are my old saves, but when I load the game the saves don't appear. What am I doing wrong?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I don't know why, but in the "game" folder there are my old saves, but when I load the game the saves don't appear. What am I doing wrong?
Hmmm... If I take your question correctly you must have the save files "loose" inside the "game" directory/folder. They should be inside their own folder named "saves" and that folder resides in the "game" folder.

(name of VN)/game/saves/(save files)

Like that. Did I maybe misunderstand you?

Apr 27, 2021
Hmmm... If I take your question correctly you must have the save files "loose" inside the "game" directory/folder. They should be inside their own folder named "saves" and that folder resides in the "game" folder.

(name of VN)/game/saves/(save files)

Like that. Did I maybe misunderstand you?
Yes, I've got my saves in that folder, (name of VN)/game/saves/(save files) , but when I load new version, 6.2, there are no saves.
And in the previous update I was using your mod.
I don't understand why it doesn't load my saves.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes, I've got my saves in that folder, (name of VN)/game/saves/(save files) , but when I load new version, 6.2, there are no saves.
And in the previous update I was using your mod.
I don't understand why it doesn't load my saves.
Let's make sure we're clear otherwise there's an impossibility. Does the inside of your "game" folder look like this?
1655701350898.png

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just finished Episode 6 on both the good and evil paths, yeah, I got two sets of saves, and no problems here. Thank you again for doing this!!!

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Yes, exactly. I can see the old saves in the folder, but when I load the game, there aren't any. It's the first time that it happens to me.
Are they maybe on pages further back?

1-1-LT1.save means: Page one - position one

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes, exactly. I can see the old saves in the folder, but when I load the game, there aren't any. It's the first time that it happens to me.
Good morning. If you get a chance and not too much trouble, please attach a screenshot of the contents of your "saves" folder and place it in your post as a thumbnail. WICKEDp4th is thinking the exact same thing I was going to sort with you next after confirming your "saves" folder is in the proper location. At this point either the save files themselves are not on your system, or are named unconventionally that RenPy isn't recognizing them. This is not a common issue but can be sorted quickly if the contents of that directory are known.

Apr 27, 2021
Good morning. If you get a chance and not too much trouble, please attach a screenshot of the contents of your "saves" folder and place it in your post as a thumbnail. WICKEDp4th is thinking the exact same thing I was going to sort with you next after confirming your "saves" folder is in the proper location. At this point either the save files themselves are not on your system, or are named unconventionally that RenPy isn't recognizing them. This is not a common issue but can be sorted quickly if the contents of that directory are known.
First of all, thank you very much.
I try to upload my game folder, my saves folder and what I see, on the contrary, when I load the game (all empty the saves).
I don't know, maybe I'm making a mistake that I can't understand.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
First of all, thank you very much.
I try to upload my game folder, my saves folder and what I see, on the contrary, when I load the game (all empty the saves).
I don't know, maybe I'm making a mistake that I can't understand.
Ok, thank you. Your save files at first glance appear to be fine... so we must go just a bit deeper. Take a breath and look inside the folder (your user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/Test1-1575173365:
1655753780370.png
Throw me a pic of that as you did in the above post please.

Apr 27, 2021
Ok, thank you. Your save files at first glance appear to be fine... so we must go just a bit deeper. Take a breath and look inside the folder (your user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/Test1-1575173365:
Throw me a pic of that as you did in the above post please.

I don't know if it's important, but in that folder (that I didn't know, I went on Google to understand how to find it) there are all the games I play, except this one.
Maybe have I to copy/paste my saves in this folder?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if it's important, but in that folder (that I didn't know, I went on Google to understand how to find it) there are all the games I play, except this one.
Maybe have I to copy/paste my saves in this folder?
Good morning,

Indeed, your thinking on the same track as me now. Normally you should not have to copy them as they should be recognized within the "game/saves" folder of the VN, but we have to isolate that to understand why those saves in "games/saves" aren't being recognized... that's the initial goal.

So, yes, take another deep breath and: copy (don't "move" or "cut") ONLY the files that start with "2-" as I've highlighted here:
1655817372101.png
And paste the copies into here:
1655817437801.png

Why just those files? Those are your saves normally found on Page 2 only... so it's a way to isolate the next test: After performing the above start the VN and choose "Load" then go to Page 2 and see if available. If they are available then go back and copy all the other saves from "game/saves" of the VN's folder and paste them inside the " AppData/Roaming/RenPy/Test1-1575173365 " folder.

Report back your findings please.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes