Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hum.. I got this and most of the options seem to be inactive...

View attachment 1878551

Wild guess, but should not those be rename has .rpy instead?
View attachment 1878553
Install the mod as directed into a clean/untampered VN installation, original or compressed doesn't matter. Don't rename anything, don't move anything... just do those exact 2 steps and only those steps just as the installation instructions say. Please report back your findings.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
Install the mod as directed into a clean/untampered VN installation, original or compressed doesn't matter. Don't rename anything, don't move anything... just do those exact 2 steps and only those steps just as the installation instructions say. Please report back your findings.
I have the same problem - AND I´m pretty sure how to install (WT-Cheat) mods - just place them in the games folder and accept overrides .... BUT this time it does not work ... it shows the same message posted from Marcmad .... mod NOT installed correctly ... Sancho, without trying to step on your feet, did you test it yourself? (I´m using a fresh installed compressed version 6.2)

...edit -> I´m little confused about the scripts files - there are 3 -> one (rpa) from your mod and 2 from the game install (rpy & rpyc) ... even tried to move the original rpy & rpyc files somewhere else or even extracting your scripts.rpa file ... but your mod still shows it´s not working correctly

...edit2 -> also somehow confused that something seems right installed because it shows your menu entry but at the same time this "not correctly installed" message ....

Last edited:

Marcmad

Aug 5, 2020
Redid from the start with a new vn folder. Still the same...
Sorry to bring bad new.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have the same problem - AND I´m pretty sure how to install (WT-Cheat) mods - just place them in the games folder and accept overrides .... BUT this time it does not work ... it shows the same message posted from Marcmad .... mod NOT installed correctly ... Sancho, without trying to step on your feet, did you test it yourself? (I´m using a fresh installed compressed version 6.2)
Redid from the start with a new vn folder. Still the same...
Sorry to bring bad new.
Inside the "game" folder/directory should look just like this:
1655593185465.png

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
wow... there is quite a difference between them ... the first one for Win/Linux version is 3,3 GB -> the one you recommend (to work with your mod) is "only" 1,5 GB .... I stay with the version I have already, better quality AND it shows ingame the stat changes for each answer 2.jpg .... so some parts of your mod are working (?) ^^
.... but thanks anyway for your work Sancho - even if it does not work for every provided compressed version :)

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Then Tess messed up. I'll alert her to pull those links. They are NOT correct. DL either the full VN or the compressed I circled here. The scripts are supposed to be archived from her.
I think that was not the error of tess, some uploader was lazy and had only link the version under the mac files .

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think that was not the error of tess, some uploader was lazy and had only link the version under the mac files .
Actually whoever compressed her version in her links messed up. They left all the archived files loose (rpy's and rpyc's). Either forgot or being lazy I don't know but there's no other reason not leave all files other than images as they were. She ddidn't compress it though, someone else did. Your supply is perfect. You could have left the image files loose but you went the extra mile anyway. The important thing is all the files other than images when supplying a proper compressed version as we both agree. Just making sure we're talking apples to apples.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
wow... there is quite a difference between them ... the first one for Win/Linux version is 3,3 GB -> the one you recommend (to work with your mod) is "only" 1,5 GB .... I stay with the version I have already, better quality AND it shows ingame the stat changes for each answer View attachment 1878658 .... so some parts of your mod are working (?) ^^
.... but thanks anyway for your work Sancho - even if it does not work for every provided compressed version :)
it says sancho mod is not installed correctly plz help
Noneya666 I believe has resolved the links regarding compressed versions. I believe the faulty one has been removed to eliminate confusion. the slayer Please DL either the uncompressed or the compressed version correctly linked in the VN's OP. You have the "old" compressed version installed which is faulty for the mod.

Reactions: I am Gone

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The compressed Mirror of the Win/Linux for me.
Did you get everything going now? Just checking in case you needed help. The correct compressed files are in the VN's OP if needed. All should work 100% for you now. Let me know if you need anything and I'll do my best. Regards.

Reactions: I am Gone

Marcmad

Aug 5, 2020
Did you get everything going now? Just checking in case you needed help. The correct compressed files are in the VN's OP if needed. All should work 100% for you now. Let me know if you need anything and I'll do my best. Regards.
Yes everything is working now, you were right about the compression.

Thank for taking the time!

Reactions: Sancho1969
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes