Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
You know I appreciate you Noneya. The core is done and obfuscated...it's the porting and massaging it into the title proper so it becomes one with it....like it's supposed to be there that takes all the time of course as you know. It's the difference between simply running a water hose over a vehicle to wash it versus a full-blown detail. It's the details that are time consuming but the rewards are epic....usually, lol.
yea and the satisfaction of creating something yourself and seeing others enjoy and appreciate the hard work. A lot don't know what all goes into coding and take it for granted.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Checking in, yes I'm still at it but these damned variables are really slowing me down to a crawl. Tess really is a sadist I reckon. I don't have the exact percentage (although I might as well do that too) but I'd say about 1/3 or so of the variables have zero consequence to anything making me run around in circles in the scripts for nothing in the end, time after time. Either there will be a massive fucking explosion of consequences for early choices in later chapters or we are clicking shit for the sake of clicking it. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means raising any white flags of surrender but WTF Tess? By appearances she is bogging herself down in variable overload needlessly or I'll be proven completely wrong and she has one helluva epic plan in store (hopefully the later).

Anyway, once I'm done with the ChoiceGuide portion I'll start the new compile and packaging for initial release and then work on the other additions separately, supplying them via patches so you folks can get the product sooner rather than later. The port has taken longer than I originally estimated but I really didn't want to simply update the old mod with the normal quick down-and-dirty. You folks have higher expectations by now and I intend on meeting them. I'll keep you posted as always. For now, my break is over and I'm going back to it.

P.S. - if you want/need a quick K8 guide I posted one here. Now....time for a Crown & Coke, tunes cranked to 11, and slam some code. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, this type of shortcut for me makes sense for y'all, right? A strikethrough in an event choice means that if you had that shit you no longer have it if chosen like in the below example, rather than wasting real estate of it typed out in note sentences.
KG SM 001zzzc.jpg
Hey, quit looking at dem titties, I asked you a question :p

Last edited:

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
BTW, this type of shortcut for me makes sense for y'all, right? A strikethrough in an event choice means that if you had that shit you no longer have it if chosen like in the below example, rather than wasting real estate of it typed out in note sentences.
Hey, quite looking at them titties, I asked you a question :p
Yea, Makes sense to me, also good to know.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
Having a black tooth grin are we?

In my opinion whatever makes the mod easiest for you is what I'm good with. The way I see it you don't have to do the work and people should be grateful and respect that you're doing it.
I appreciate the kind words....and the Dimebag reference \m/ ... but honestly I'm selfish, I code mods for my own use, I just share a few of them here and there for those titles where I think folks might get some utilization out of. I hold back most of my best work due to the rash of "barrowing" by some other modders but that's an issue that should be discussed elsewhere I reckon. Thanks again for the feedback, it's always sincerely appreciated, even if it needs to be critical. I take it all into account. Now....back to working on that grin and back to the script. Regards.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
As someone who decided to try the game for the first time and will wait until this mod comes out, I can say that I am very impressed and humbled by the amount of work that goes into making it. I don't know dick about coding, so I never thought about it that much, but this really opened my eyes. Thank you and all other modders that put their hard work and time into making these things!

Reactions: Synful62

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Never playd this game. When the mod is updated, what are the main routes to go for?

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Never playd this game. When the mod is updated, what are the main routes to go for?
Hard to say. You control 2 characters, female and male siblings (3 actually, but last one has little impact) and can align both of them separately along Sub/Dom and Good/Evil.
Furthermore you're going to get ranked with the male and that ranking has direct influence on the scenes you're going to see (K4 and below vs. K5 and above have biggest impact).
With the male you'll also get the ability to side with one of 3 female execs - each will have a couple of scenes with the protag alone. If you want the full picture (so far), you'll need to undertake a sponsorship with everyone to get more insight in their perspectives and motivations.
Furthermore there are a few minor characters you can pledge your allegiance / get supervised by - if that's your thing. Not many scenes with most of these though; but fetishes like pegging, petplay and romance are locked behind these.

Otherwise anything goes. Some special scene combinations between male and female alignment are quite interesting; I recommend Male Good/Sub Sub K4 and Female Evil/Dom as a particular interesting one if you're into more sadistic tendencies.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm working on compiling now and will do initial test on 2 virgin machines. I've got to the beginning of v0.5b 100% I believe. My thought here to get product out ASAP is to have a semi-public beta so a handful of folks can hammer through routes while I finish Ch5 and (hopefully) can bang out gallery code before end of day.

I've not done a "beta" before but I know folks after 2 days are getting restless so this is one way to maybe resolve. I need to test the recompile anyway.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod 4 Hour Beta

(I truly hope I don't regret this post so please allow me to be very clear with the below)

Note: This is beta only...do NOT download/install if you don't understand what that means. This is for testing purposes only and the link will be removed in 4 hours. I suggest using a clean new copy of the VN in a new directory in case anything gets fubar'd. The beta ChoiceGuide is complete thru the end of Chapter 4. The purpose of the beta is so it can be tested while I complete the new mod for official release. Please make sure you understand and accept the above before proceeding.

To keep x86 compatibility this beta is compiled in the same old RenPy as the Dev used (7.3.5). It's going to load slow due to the APIs I'm calling and RenPy trying to sort it out...just be patient while it loads (takes about 1min w/ i7 8-core). You will likely get the following screen, do NOT update your DirectX as it suggests, it's not the problem, again it's the old RenPy. Continue as noted in the pic:
KG SM 001zzzd.jpg

To get your bearings around the mod use this screen as an overview (yes, it's a different title but I'm not going to waste time right now to mock up a new one....this is a beta while I finish Chapter 5 of the ChoiceGuide and the gallery.
OTR D01a.jpg

Temporary link to the Beta - SanchoMod for KarlssonsGambit v0.5b: MEGA
Please do not post this link anywhere, it will be dead soon and there's no point in folks getting confused later if they stumble upon it, thanks.

Installation folder structure should look like this (you know the drill, if you don't then please wait for official release)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If download count gets too high I reserve the right to delete the remote link as, again, this is only intended as a small beta for a limited timeframe for those who wish to help (which I appreciate or I wouldn't do all this).

I sincerely hope this post is clear. Again, if you are a novice user or don't understand this post, don't worry the official release is almost here, you won't miss out on anything (except possible stress and bugs) so please be patient as we're now on the homestretch. Regards.

Last edited:

yazda

Mar 21, 2021
SanchoMod 4 Hour Beta

(I truly hope I don't regret this post so please allow me to be very clear with the below)

Note: This is beta only...do NOT download/install if you don't understand what that means. This is for testing purposes only and the link will be removed in 4 hours. I suggest using a clean new copy of the VN in a new directory in case anything gets fubar'd. The beta ChoiceGuide is complete thru the end of Chapter 4. The purpose of the beta is so it can be tested while I complete the new mod for official release. Please make sure you understand and accept the above before proceeding.

To keep x86 compatibility this beta is compiled in the same old RenPy as the Dev used (7.3.5). It's going to load slow due to the APIs I'm calling and RenPy trying to sort it out...just be patient while it loads. You will likely get the following screen, do NOT update your DirectX as it suggests, it's not the problem, again it's the old RenPy. Continue as noted in the pic:
View attachment 1455954

To get your bearings around the mod use this screen as an overview (yes, it's a different title but I'm not going to waste time right now to mock up a new one....this is a beta while I finish Chapter 5 of the ChoiceGuide and the gallery.
View attachment 1455956

Temporary link to the Beta - SanchoMod for KarlssonsGambit v0.5b:
Please do not post this link anywhere, it will be dead soon and there's no point in folks getting confused later if they stumble upon it, thanks.

Installation folder structure should look like this (you know the drill, if you don't then please wait for official release)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If download count gets too high I reserve the right to delete the remote link as, again, this is only intended as a small beta for a limited timeframe for those who wish to help (which I appreciate or I wouldn't do all this).

I sincerely hope this post is clear. Again, if you are a novice user or don't understand this post, don't worry the official release is almost here, you won't miss out on anything (except possible stress and bugs) so please be patient as we're now on the homestretch. Regards.
I am incredibly grateful for your effort. I am ready to test it right now.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes