Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mind helping me a little? I was playing the new update (from the beginning) when I remembered Sancho's mod, downloaded it, installed it like the last time, and then this happens. I thought it was because I tried to load an unmoded save, but when I try to start a new game it also says the same.
View attachment 1933811

Sorry if this has been fixed, I have looked a bit in the previous pages and I didn't see it.
Good morning,

Please attached the traceback file (not a pic, not a screenshot, but the actual "traceback.txt") as all I can decipher from your post is the issue starts with the VN at line 493 which is the very first dialogue that appears on screen:

"It's about time Sir."​
1658236583266.png
But the _window_show the screenshot is referring to in SanchoMod (lines 1405/1408) have no __init__() function declaration as the screenshot is suggesting. This area of the code is SanchoMod's "MiniMenu". This is very odd.

I cannot replicate your error starting a new game on three different systems on my end. So please attached the traceback file so I can see all of it. Also, did you install the mod inside a fresh installation of 0.6.2 Final? You can NOT have "updated" an older version/beta. It must be in a pure/clean new installation.

Last edited:

jose100

Apr 20, 2018
Please attached the traceback file (not a pic, not a screenshot, but the actual "traceback.txt") as all I can decipher from your post is the issue starts with the VN at line 493 which is the very first dialogue that appears on screen:
Sorry, usually when I had this kind of problem in other games just with the caption is enough as they are common. Here is the traceback

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, did you install the mod inside a fresh installation of 0.6.2 Final? You can NOT have "updated" an older version/beta. It must be in a pure/clean new installation.
I installed it in the very new version. My last playthrough was in the 0.5v and I started with this last update today, I played for two minutes before realising I was playing without the mod. I don't want to bother too much I always could uninstall and install it again as I still have the zips from the 2 parts of the game + the mod.

Reactions: leonwerto

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
and after it is translated, your name reaches more masses.
Sorry, usually when I had this kind of problem in other games just with the caption is enough as they are common. Here is the traceback

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I installed it in the very new version. My last playthrough was in the 0.5v and I started with this last update today, I played for two minutes before realising I was playing without the mod. I don't want to bother too much I always could uninstall and install it again as I still have the zips from the 2 parts of the game + the mod.
Can you take a moment, load a previous save and if an error is thrown attach it's traceback? The above seems from when starting a new game, I'd like to isolate where the init call is coming from.

Edit: Hold up. Which files are you using to install the VN? They aren't the 3.47gb compressed version are they?

Last edited:

jose100

Apr 20, 2018
Edit: Hold up. Which files are you using to install the VN? They aren't the 3.47gb compressed version are they?
Nope, they are the two full parts.

Aaaaand problem solved. When I removed the save fixer that I downloaded for the future and I had placed in the "game" folder, the game ran perfectly. Turns out as in the majority of this problems someone (me :HideThePain:) didn't read well and I thought that the save fixer was needed in order to run the saves smoothly for the future. But I understand that this is just for when you want your saves to work in the future for an unmodded version. Sorry for the bother.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nope, they are the two full parts.

Aaaaand problem solved. When I removed the save fixer that I downloaded for the future and I had placed in the "game" folder, the game ran perfectly. Turns out as in the majority of this problems someone (me :HideThePain:) didn't read well and I thought that the save fixer was needed in order to run the saves smoothly for the future. But I understand that this is just for when you want your saves to work in the future for an unmodded version. Sorry for the bother.
Well, glad you're sorted. It reminds me I need to revisit the savefixer so it flags itself when an installation of SanchoMod is found and negates itself. I just need to code them to toggle each other on/off so it's more automated to eliminate end user confusion. The never ending battle of refining this mod.... it's why I drink so much :ROFLMAO:

wtfdskin

Jun 15, 2020
How can I clear all traces of the unmodded version? I played unmodded and want to play the mod version. Deleted the folder, unzipped into a new folder, unzipped mod, still has my saves and unmodded version when I run it. Even tried to do it on an external hard drive with same results.
Thanks

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
How can I clear all traces of the unmodded version? I played unmodded and want to play the mod version. Deleted the folder, unzipped into a new folder, unzipped mod, still has my saves and unmodded version when I run it. Even tried to do it on an external hard drive with same results.
Thanks
Are you only talking about your save files? If so RenPy always puts them in two places when on Windoze... both inside the "game/saves" folder and "(your user name)/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/(VN directory)"

wtfdskin

Jun 15, 2020
Yes i think so. If that is what I need to do to get the mod to show up in the game. I will try that.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes i think so. If that is what I need to do to get the mod to show up in the game. I will try that.
WAIT!!!! No!!! You do NOT need to delete saves for the mod to work!!!!!

That's not what I thought you were attempting to do. Again, there's NO NEED to delete ANY saves.

Explain your problem to me, not something your trying to do to resolve.... let's start from square one.

wtfdskin

Jun 15, 2020
Played most recent game version unmodded. Downloaded mod, unzipped to game folder. Tried to play, the game is no different than before the mod.
Works fine, there is just no difference in game appearence or options.
I've never played a modded game before, sorry for my ignorance. Lol.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Played most recent game version unmodded. Downloaded mod, unzipped to game folder. Tried to play, the game is no different than before the mod.
Works fine, there is just no difference in game appearence or options.
I've never played a modded game before, sorry for my ignorance. Lol.
OK, let's strip the unknown away for me.... when you say "unzipped to game folder" do you mean the root folder or the actual folder named "game"? The latter is what is needed.

For example all contents of the mod's zip go inside:
KarlssonsGambit-0.6.2Final-pc/game <--- RIGHT

NOT inside the root itself:
KarlssonsGambit-0.6.2Final-pc <--- WRONG

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This is untouched after I unzipped.
Bam! Here's your problem:
1659200606907.png

You're not unzipping properly. You're creating a fucked up directory inside your main directory. Delete that directory and start again as follows:

Easiest way to not fuck up doing it the first time: explore to inside the "game" directory, copy the zip file there, and then choose "Extract Here" or similar. You can also extract somewhere else on your system (such as a temp directory) then copy all the contents over but the first way is easiest for novice users.

Other right-click menu choices such as "Extract To" etc. confuse folks. That's likely what happened in your case.

Reactions: jackle420

Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
Hi Sancho,

Amazing mod, amazing work!
Sorry if it has been asked before, but are there plans to include more scenes/variants to the gallery?
off the top of my head i know the scene with Kat/Sis and MC isn't there (Kat/Sis scene is though).

Would also like to request being able to sort by character, but that's really just a minor QoL.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho,

Amazing mod, amazing work!
Sorry if it has been asked before, but are there plans to include more scenes/variants to the gallery?
off the top of my head i know the scene with Kat/Sis and MC isn't there (Kat/Sis scene is though).

Would also like to request being able to sort by character, but that's really just a minor QoL.
Good morning. With over 50 scenes now I surely might have missed a needle in the haystack, but you'll have to be more specific (which episode are we talking about?). Regarding sort, I'll consider it but I'm not a fan of maintaining a database dictionary of all characters in all scenes... that makes me utterly cringe with the PITA that would be since (if I implemented the feature) folks would expect more than just MC/Sis to be sortable.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Hi.
As a alternative to the ministat screen, could we have an option to put a button there that leads to the main stats screen?
Don't really prefer the mini stat, but going to the main stats screen involves opening the mod menu & then selecting it. A quick access button would be much more convenient.
Thanks for reading :giggle:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi.
As a alternative to the ministat screen, could we have an option to put a button there that leads to the main stats screen?
Don't really prefer the mini stat, but going to the main stats screen involves opening the mod menu & then selecting it. A quick access button would be much more convenient.
Thanks for reading :giggle:
Well, you could just press Esc and click "SanchoMod" which give you the largest stat screen. That's one button press and a click. I'd hotkey the in-game stats/options but every key combo I've come up with so far is not compatible across all the VN's I mod so that search is not yet complete.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes