Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
Here are my thoughts on them -

1. Pink - Olivia. Confirmed by Tess.
2. Laughing/Crying - Kane. Confirmed by Tess
3 & 4. Dark and Light. Pretty clearly Dominique and Juliette. Supported quite heavily by the story and their personalities. Very high confidence.
5. Brass (copper? gold?). Has to be Elena. She's very important to the story and is close, always, to Olivia's mask. Very High confidence.
6. Tears mask. Seth. Important to the story, and crucially appears in chapter 2 where the mask first pops up. That chapter only has three masks which make it sort of an oddball, I'll get back to this. High confidence.
7 & 8. The white skin/dark skin masks to Kane's left in the latest mask page. Alessandra and Veronica. Almost always paired with each other and /or close to Olivia. If Juliette and Dominique get masks, these two should too, and these are the most logical. Don't know which is which, though. High confidence.
9. Red and white mask. Gambit queen. Who could be a number of people, but is likely Callista, as much as I dislike the idea. Medium confidence.
10. Fire mask. Katsumi. One of three masks in the Chap 2 screen. What is the super important plot development in Chap 2? The introduction of Seth - seeing as how choosing how to treat him is a super important branch in Olivia's development so far. But, it could be others. Medium/low confidence.
11. Jester. Kiyomi. One thing about her character is that Tess has said she was supposed to be a minor character but was such a fan favorite her role was expanded. I could be convinced that the Kiyomi and Katsumi masks are switched, but I think fire makes more sense for Katsumi. I have a feeling she just wants to see the world burn. Medium/low confidence
12, 13, 14. The three masks in the upper right in the last screen. I have no clue. Any DeCock, Yvette, Sam... basically anyone else in the story are all in play here. No prediction.

PGpauljp13

Jul 23, 2020
Here are my thoughts on them -

11. Jester. Kiyomi. One thing about her character is that Tess has said she was supposed to be a minor character but was such a fan favorite her role was expanded. I could be convinced that the Kiyomi and Katsumi masks are switched, but I think fire makes more sense for Katsumi. I have a feeling she just wants to see the world burn. Medium/low confidence
Good stuff for the notes.But are you sure it was not Katsumi who was upgraded? not Kiyomi.

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
Wow, we have a major sleuthing exercise going on here!
giphy.gif

I agree with Retromancer's list. I would like to add one more point to the " jester mask is Kiyomi" idea. See how in Ep 5, the jester mask is looking through the eyes of the red one? Kiyomi was watching the meeting between the GQ and the ninja from the top of the cliff.

Reactions: Maviarab

Kxca

Aug 28, 2020
I could be getting them switched up, I always do. Pretty sure it was Kiyomi and not Kitty, though.
"Katsumi is the only character that has greatly changed from my original outline given some reactions from people about her -- I expanded her role quite a bit"- from her Discord. Katsumi was the one expanded upon, not Kiyomi.

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
"Katsumi is the only character that has greatly changed from my original outline given some reactions from people about her -- I expanded her role quite a bit"- from her Discord. Katsumi was the one expanded upon, not Kiyomi.
Good find! This makes my idea that the fire mask is Katsumi much weaker, if she was supposed to be a sort of throwaway character, why was she given a mask in that chapter? I just don't know who else it could be. The Jester and Fire masks are the hardest for me to figure out

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Good find! This makes my idea that the fire mask is Katsumi much weaker, if she was supposed to be a sort of throwaway character, why was she given a mask in that chapter? I just don't know who else it could be. The Jester and Fire masks are the hardest for me to figure out
I think Kiyomi and Katsumi are still the most likely two for those masks but deciding which is which is harder. For the jester, does that fit Katsumi's seemingly more chaotic nature or is there something to the earlier mask image where it's in the eye of the Gambit Queen's mask and there was a meeting where GQ and Kiyomi were present?

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Holy cow...interesting!

I'll just throw out a few things as I getting back to some rendering...

1) Not every character in game is on there of course...it depends how I am viewing certain roles.
2) Chapter 2 screen contains at least one mask that partially or in whole represents someone not formally introduced in the game yet. So by default that image is still incomplete in terms of a full understanding.
3) A mask (or more than one mask on screen) is not always an exact 1 to 1 representation of a character (mostly it makes sense it would be though), perhaps it could represent something broader than one specific character...
4) Katsumi was indeed given an expanded role from my original giant road map of a script outline. Kiyomi was always a critical character (although by design introduced later) and has not been changed much.

I know this only makes it more confusing but for me this is how I think about the characters, sorry!

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Thanks tess, that actually clears up some stuff

For those like me too old to be remembering every screen heres all of them spoilered for space considerations. Thanks to Tess for putting them all in one place, saved alot of time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Things of interesting,
Episode 4 all but confirms that Elena is gold mask
Now im fairly certain that kiyomi is the fire mask, always watching over Seth
Katsumi as the joker makes perfect sense now excellent job figuring that out guys and gals.
The red mask though is a prominent figure in all but six, could be the gambit queen but why is katsumi her eyes? Thats interesting.
The four sisters masks are also all but confirmed. Dominique and juliet growing closer as the chapters rise while elena gets further away from veronica and alessandra though. Interesting from a narrative standpoint.

Gamer8n8

Apr 28, 2017
Two days ago i thought red one z olivia and pink one z veronica ! So basically i cant decode this !

Doesn't stop me keep assuming .. so, for now .. here goes ..

Big Red mask - Veronica or Alessandra
White dark skin masks(side by side) - Alessandra or Veronica
Lol(crazy, i know or not)

Pink, Laughing/sad masks - Olivia, Kane
Tears mask - Seth
Light Dark - Dominique Juliette

Fire/hidden mask - Gambit Queen !
Brass - Elena
Jester - Kiyomi !

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Holy cow...interesting!

I'll just throw out a few things as I getting back to some rendering...

1) Not every character in game is on there of course...it depends how I am viewing certain roles.
2) Chapter 2 screen contains at least one mask that partially or in whole represents someone not formally introduced in the game yet. So by default that image is still incomplete in terms of a full understanding.
3) A mask (or more than one mask on screen) is not always an exact 1 to 1 representation of a character (mostly it makes sense it would be though), perhaps it could represent something broader than one specific character...
4) Katsumi was indeed given an expanded role from my original giant road map of a script outline. Kiyomi was always a critical character (although by design introduced later) and has not been changed much.

I know this only makes it more confusing but for me this is how I think about the characters, sorry!
Thanks Tess. I always assumed 1) was the case, but 2) and 3) now means I need rethink some things - and just when I thought it was all figured out! No need to apologize as you can see we're having fun with this. KG is pretty awesome that way. :)

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Biggest Question still for me is ... Who is Grym Gudinna !! I hope there will be more details about that in d new update !
A common theory (and it may not be right) is the two ninjas that meet with the Gambit Queen at the temple and later at the boat are Alessandra and Veronica respectively and that they could be working together. I'm not absolutely sure about Alessandra, but the conversation in the second meeting points to Veronica for me.

Vlahurg1

May 21, 2021
Just putting this out there as an idea for others to kick around, but maybe those masks could represent groups or factions with an obvious figurehead. A couple of examples might be the gold mask representing Elena and her protégé Katsumi, and the jester mask not always representing Kiyomi, but sometimes it includes others from The Vipers too.

Alternative theories are welcome.

Gamer8n8

Apr 28, 2017
A common theory (and it may not be right) is the two ninjas that meet with the Gambit Queen at the temple and later at the boat are Alessandra and Veronica respectively and that they could be working together. I'm not absolutely sure about Alessandra, but the conversation in the second meeting points to Veronica for me.
Yeah, m thinking d same, that it's alessandra .. but i am not sure !!

Retromancer

Aug 14, 2018
I think even with Tess' info, I'm sticking with my theories (for now) - with the following caveats. The big red mask that appears in Chap 2 and onwards may not just represent the GQ, put perhaps a little conspiracy - maybe it's three people, the GC, the unnamed board member and maybe Grym Gudinna for example - that is pulling the strings. I have now switched to thinking the Flame is Kiyomi and the Jester mask is Kitty - or at least, as Vlahurg1 has said, at least representing groups/ideas aligned around them. Downgrading my confidence in those three masks to low confidence, though. The flame and jester mask are hard to figure out compared to the others.

4.40 star(s) 148 Votes