XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
I'm curious to see how the game will frame submissiveness/dominance as personality traits vs. as sexual preferences... IRL, they're connected, but not obviously the same.
I haven't formally written this far yet, but in general it would make her submissive as a personality overall. However, it would likely be possible to tweak specific relationships on some level but unlikely all the way to a pure dominant relationship either...
I wanted to see if I can have her be submissive to MC but Dominant to the Karlsson sisters and others.
This way there would be a chance of a better sis/bro relationship without either being submissive to each other or others.

Reactions: TessSadist

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I wanted to see if I can have her be submissive to MC but Dominant to the Karlsson sisters and others.
This way there would be a chance of a better sis/bro relationship without either being submissive to each other or others.
Now this specific combo might be tricky although you could consider that they could be kind of neutral and allies to each other in the game. The tricky part of pulling off a submissive nature to a weak (currently) power player and also being dominant to the most powerful people - without showing weakness - would be tough. Perhaps you'd have to get the main character to a more powerful position before that kind of thing could open up. You could also have both of them more dominant in general and maybe that portends possible dominance over many others later.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I'm curious to see how the game will frame submissiveness/dominance as personality traits vs. as sexual preferences... IRL, they're connected, but not obviously the same.
Yes, certainly for example I know one specific character will want strong submissiveness as a sexual trait but a very strong personality otherwise to actually be helpful to her in her goals. A totally submissive man in all respects won't be someone she wants at all. (maybe the difference between a romance/ally type path opening or just a few kink scenes only)

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I really am impressed how strong the vn is even if you choose a dominate mc. Ty for that. I don't mind seeing other men at the feet of these beautiful women one bit but I enjoy my mc being in control and in charge when the smoke clears :)

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I really am impressed how strong the vn is even if you choose a dominate mc. Ty for that. I don't mind seeing other men at the feet of these beautiful women one bit but I enjoy my mc being in control and in charge when the smoke clears :)
Not an easy path but definitely possible :) Just remember it's more realistic and likely he'd have to have some kind of ally ( maybe a romance interest or close alliance) to "win" the overall game that way. :)

Reactions: asehpe

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Not an easy path but definitely possible :) Just remember it's more realistic and likely he'd have to have some kind of ally ( maybe a romance interest or close alliance) to "win" the overall game that way. :)
Looking forward to it and best of luck for this unique vn :)

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Now this specific combo might be tricky although you could consider that they could be kind of neutral and allies to each other in the game. The tricky part of pulling off a submissive nature to a weak (currently) power player and also being dominant to the most powerful people - without showing weakness - would be tough. Perhaps you'd have to get the main character to a more powerful position before that kind of thing could open up. You could also have both of them more dominant in general and maybe that portends possible dominance over many others later.
I wonder... will there be a way to "win the Gambit" while playing Kane as total sub and playing Olivia as an "evil dominant bitch from hell"? This would be my prefered scenario ;)

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I wonder... will there be a way to "win the Gambit" while playing Kane as total sub and playing Olivia as an "evil dominant bitch from hell"? This would be my prefered scenario ;)
Without being specific, winning the Gambit is independent of your dominant/submissive nature but it might also require more than one person to technically win. So perhaps Kane will need the help of an evil Olivia to close the deal hee hee. One poster a long time ago in the thread actually was on to it...

Reactions: Leo Humilis

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Without being specific, winning the Gambit is independent of your dominant/submissive nature but it might also require more than one person to technically win. So perhaps Kane will need the help of an evil Olivia to close the deal hee hee. One poster a long time ago in the thread actually was on to it...
OK Now you got me a bit worried. Can you win being either dom or sub or are you saying only one of them can win?

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
OK Now you got me a bit worried. Can you win being either dom or sub or are you saying only one of them can win?
I mean that your dom or sub status on it's own does not determine winning or losing, it's other decisions you make that matter. You can both win or lose (and again this depends on how you view endings) whether you are dominant or submissive. There are both good and bad endings - at least how I think of them - whether you play either style. To me, a very bad ending is dying. You can die in both dom and sub tracks for example.

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I mean that your dom or sub status on it's own does not determine winning or losing, it's other decisions you make that matter. You can both win or lose (and again this depends on how you view endings) whether you are dominant or submissive. There are both good and bad endings - at least how I think of them - whether you play either style. To me, a very bad ending is dying. You can die in both dom and sub tracks for example.
Interesting choice. This really makes me curious about all the possible endings, and how they are connected to your opinions about the characters and their choices (~ personalities). You mentioned once that you wanted the game to give space for real bravery, which again makes me even more interested.

It's also curious to see again how interested people are in whether or not being a sub or a dom will make "winning the Gambit" impossible. I think in the end this just reflect people's ambivalence toward their own sub/dom natures: being a dom is a bit like being an asshole, and being a sub is a bit like being a wuss (even if the good/evil variable tries to avoid such simplistic equations, the connection doesn't entirely disappear), and you don't "really" want either because, as a person, you want to have value beyond these proclivities (you want to "win the Gambit").

Last edited:

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
i cant open the game. When i try to open it nothing happens can anybody help?
Hmm, is it a specific version downloaded from this page? And it is say Android or a compression version or anything? It's hard to help without a little more specifics. One thing I would recommend is to try and downloading it again and/or a different version of the main two on here and see if that helps.

As a side note, I have updated my Patreon page with current progress and a basic road map for those interested in some long-term discussion about what I am thinking right now...

Last edited:

kirito123451

Nov 3, 2019
Hmm, is it a specific version downloaded from this page? And it is say Android or a compression version or anything? It's hard to help without a little more specifics. One thing I would recommend is to try and downloading it again and/or a different version of the main two on here and see if that helps.

As a side note, I have updated my Patreon page with current progress and a basic road map for those interested in some long-term discussion about what I am thinking right now...
i tried both Win/Linux and Win/Linux (Dark Text Box Version) but i still couldnt open it

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TO: Everyone
SUBJECT: Karlsson's Gambit 0.3 Development Memo (Public) August 30, 2020

Hi all!
I have to do very vanilla preview pics since this post is a public one! I will also be repeating some info for Patrons so I apologize but I promised to put a road map publicly once as well for hopefully future Patrons, hee hee!
Weekly Workload: 44 images, 3,000 words
Total Overall 0.3 Progress: 400 images, 15,050 words

I have definitely crossed well past the halfway mark now, and spent a lot of time this week actually doing some editing and music and other things to make that process a little easier at the end. So my renders are not quite as usual as most weeks, but I actually think I got more done in some ways than normal.
Ok, release date. I am not 100% sure yet, but I am very confident as of today that I can release 0.3 during the latter part of September this upcoming month. I intend to try and take a little time off from my real work near the end to kind of sprint towards the finish line as I did for 0.1 and 0.2. What would stop me? Really only two things: 1) Real life work and/or some type of real life issues that steals away time unexpectedly or 2) the size of the updates itself, meaning that I kind of want to close this update with a larger size than 0.2 and I can't quite possibly finish a huge update that quickly.
For reference, 0.1 was about 457 renders and 18,500 words and 0.2 was about 650 renders and 24,000 words. I think 0.3 will end up slightly larger than 0.2 but play slightly shorter for one playthrough because this update I have more alternate scenes for prior choices.
I really hope to see some new Patrons in September too since I'm pretty sure I am releasing that month! Even $2 is greatly appreciated! (but wait until September 1 to do so as you won't get charged right at the end of the month for August)
In my real work, we have hired a third person and I spent a lot of this week training her and I will take a little more time this week as well, but I hope in the very near future that clears up more time to sprint for the end of 0.3
I will be working on both 4k images tonight and tomorrow, I will probably post polls very early in September to try and get these out of the way early so there are as little side projects as possible to try and finish 0.3! Also, I might not update as much when I enter the final sprint as I kind of get locked into that mode and might not be as active but rest assured I am grinding hard!
Ok, wall of text coming up as it's the Road Map: (sorry Patrons that have already seen this)

ROAD MAP:
I want to do a short version of the overall vision of the game I have envisioned to give a general idea what to expect. There are minor variations and things can change in the future of course, but this is kind of what I have thought in advance about the story.

ACT I: Updates 0.1 through 0.3 -- These three updates are about setting up characters, narratives, and getting everyone moving towards the same destination where the general situation/narrative will occur. In a sense these three updates might have a little more exposition than future updates, but I think it's important to set up the personalities and motivations of all of the characters to some extent. I also hoped to be able to upgrade my computer for 0.4, when I need more power because scenes might have more people in the same scene.

ACT II: Updates 0.4 through 0.8 -- The central narrative of the game, and this section will generally have most characters in the same location dealing with the main problems/conflict of the game. There will be some deviations for specific choices, but generally this is the main "meat" of the game where you will start making decisions that start to split more than right now after 0.2. In 0.8, you will have some irrevocable and major decisions that permanently lock you to certain paths/story lines for Act III. You will also have some permanent choices earlier, but this more often will be about scenes/women you do things with versus the endings for the most part. (a few exceptions)

ACT III: Updates 0.9 through 0.11 -- The final section of the game and climax. Your choices from before will lead to this Act, and these updates might be a little bigger because they will track to different things based on earlier choices. You will be at that point a person who has kind of decided what kind of person they are and what they really want, and the story will lead you in that direction, ultimately ending with about 15 different possible endings. There would be some slight variation with them based on for example if you are actually in a romance with one woman versus another as no two would be the exact same, but I am thinking of about 15 endings which deal more with the main characters. And the endings will vary and maybe even what is a "good" or "bad" ending may differ depending on your tastes perhaps, hee hee. From my perspective, the worst ending on one scale might be for example the actual death(s) of certain characters. But keep in mind, even a death could actually be a better ending than one might imagine (for example dying to save someone else) automatically.
That's it for today! I love and appreciate the current support from everyone, and hope to see more join this nice little community as well going forward! Thank you!

Tess

----

Let's still put it here so everyone can see this.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Title sounds straight up like a chess opening
Yes, that is by design in a sense. The person who started the whole thing views everyone as pieces on a board metaphorically.

The new person trying to run everything now after his death feels the same...(large red mask character is the Queen, the masks all represent specific characters)

chess2.jpg

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well..that was bloody fantastic! Small but important pawn in other people's games....very very interesting so far with some interesting characters. Really looking forward to where this one goes and the directions it could take with allies etc. Damn, seems everyone (mostly) is out for themselves....and the sisters...jeesh...tough call....and who was Patricia talking to? Hmmm....Very complex, excellently written story so far.

My only 2 (small) criticisms would be, if playing Olivia on a Sub path, some of the 'general conversations' with her seem off if you want her to have a more submissive demeanor but it's not jarring. The second would be the yellow font is not the best in many screens and tends to get lost against the image.

Other than that, really love this one, definitely up there with the best so far.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes