Fafeh

Apr 7, 2020
Just now i saw the discussion on the darktoz thread. If it helps in anyway know that even thought there are disrespectful people who don't care about hurting your feelings and pirating your game right away there's a lot of us who appreciate your work and wouldn't have a problem waiting to able to play such a incredible game. There's so little femdom games, know that if you leave you will be missed.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Hi everyone!

I am keeping this short and sweet by design because I am knee deep trying to finish everything! Here's where I stand right now: I am taking a little longer than I anticipated mostly because of sheer size! I have multiple choice branches playing out, and my initial estimate of 750-800 renders is now way off. I am definitely going to make 0.4 smaller (which is easier to do since everyone will be mostly together) than this one! Here are the details of where I am and what I expect now.

Script: 100% Done

Renders: I have five more scenes to render. This is pretty close, and only one scene is really difficult. I'd say this 95% done.

Edits: 60% Done

Music: 60% Done

Weekly Workload: (10/5 to 10/11): 115 renders, 6,000 words

Overall Total: 920 renders, 34,500 words

Keep in mind the word count may tweak slightly as I do edits, etc. I haven't play tested the game in about a week either, so I'm rushing to finish all renders first, then doing some play testing, then continuing to add music and edits as I play scenes out.

I thought I could finish all renders by this weekend, but I was kind of imagining 850-875, and I'm just trying to stop the story at a very specific point. I think 0.3 will be more than twice as big as 0.1, but I kind of needed to do that to get things to a certain point, ready to go off and running for 0.4. I appreciate the patience, I am going as fast as I can, and hope to release a test version soon!
-----

D

Deleted member 1387011

It is a little bit hypocritical. If some people are active in a femdom thread, it might be good starting point for them to show some respect to a woman. Especially, when she crates one of the greatest games available.
Nope, my fetish does not define me.

Reactions: Z - Reborn

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Well, I hope you decide to continue development, Tess. You're one of the very few talented storytellers among the VNs I've discovered so far. It would be quite disappointing to see a game that inspired me to learn tools such as Daz3D and RenPy to get abandoned.

Your Patreon page states that you're working on the game as a hobbyist; while it's not remotely my place to question how you represent yourself, I'd suggest painting a more clear picture to attract potential backers if you have opportunity costs in mind.

There are a lot of people, including myself, who'd spend their time enjoying your stories rather than discussing the purpose of a forum or motives behind other people's posts. The points you've made in the thread are perfectly valid, however I think your emotional integrity is far critical to be compromised over a piracy moral debate.
Thanks for the kind words. The simple reality is that I believe now is that certain styles of femdom games can't achieve a particular floor of commercial viability. It is what it is. I do have a theory about that but won't share that as it obviously could be wrong and I also don't want to be negative either. A game I really like in Estate Dominate is a good case study. It has been out since April 2019, and despite it's quality writing and narrative, it cannot even break 2,000 a month. Then I see two other femdom games that are doing ok (between 4-6k a month) and I can make an educated guess why they do well and why ED - and by extension my style of game as well - can't do as well. People wanting to donate to a game need a certain tipping point, and I do believe now that certain types of games can hit that point much easier than others.

I kind of am a hobbyist, but the time required to do my style of game makes it very difficult to not have to sacrifice time from my own business. If I didn't make that kind of time, I'd take 6-8 months to do one update! The opportunity cost has been VERY large over the past three months. I think many would be shocked at what this number actually has been over the past roughly 100 days. I'm pretty lucky that sacrifice isn't killing me because I have been very smart about investing money in things since I first made any money at all at 16 years old, but I also have a fiduciary duty not to harm my business partner's potential either by sacrificing too much. All that is playing in how I am evaluating everything now.

But, I am always considering other options to make things work, as that's always my modus operandi in life. Adapt and adjust to accomplish what you want, etc. The new girl we recently hired for interior design in one day created in my opinion a better set of test renders for my game for fun in Daz Studio than I have in months of working on the game. Her specialty is incredible renders for interior design so she's already way ahead of the game. One scene in my game for 0.3 will likely have a few of her renders. But she loves a certain kind of story more than others...that might matter for me soon.

I'm also probably plunking down 5k for a new computer to help with speed and memory, and other ideas are percolating in my mind as well. I'll probably announce what I am doing in about a month when I know for sure but I am growing more confident KG could continue in an even better way than right now. I had four initial story ideas for a game, so perhaps the one I really wanted to try first will end up the result but it might also be continuing this game for the planned eleven versions. Karlsson's Gambit was actually not my first choice for a story, but I thought it was easier to try as a first game with my complete lack of experience. One story idea I really focused on at first was actually (hard to describe because it's much deeper than what it sounds like at first glance but this is reasonably close) kind of a Mission Impossible/James Bond/Raiders of the Lost Ark/Tomb Raider type of narrative with sexy locales, characters, cool tech/gadgets, mysterious history/artifacts, etc.

I may end up with a three person team working on two games at once, where I do most of the writing and only some of the art. I am not sure as now it might depend on the potential team dynamic just myself moving forward. That might be the only way to balance out my time correctly. But I am doing a lot behind the scenes to try and make it all work as I also near finishing 0.3. I don't want to continue this kind of financial sacrifice that I have for the past three months, so I am trying to be solution oriented on it with as best as I can. I have fallen in love with some of my characters in KG so I do have a vested interest in wanting to see them keep going!

And my quick update is that I just have one tough scene left to render. I am currently at 962 renders, which is way more than I thought I would have as 0.1 was 457 and 0.2 was 650. It's longer because I am accounting for many branches and also moving everyone towards the same spot so to speak...but 0.4 should have less exposition and movement as everyone should be all together for the most part...so I think 0.4 would be shorter but actually have more pure lewdness...

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Just now i saw the discussion on the darktoz thread. If it helps in anyway know that even thought there are disrespectful people who don't care about hurting your feelings and pirating your game right away there's a lot of us who appreciate your work and wouldn't have a problem waiting to able to play such a incredible game. There's so little femdom games, know that if you leave you will be missed.
Thanks! Working on a solution. All I will say about Darktoz is that I think it's inappropriate for me as a game dev to release another dev's game. I would hope people would respect that stance, but certainly not everyone will care about that at all.

Reactions: Fafeh

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Thanks for the kind words. The simple reality is that I believe now is that certain styles of femdom games can't achieve a particular floor of commercial viability. It is what it is. I do have a theory about that but won't share that as it obviously could be wrong and I also don't want to be negative either. A game I really like in Estate Dominate is a good case study. It has been out since April 2019, and despite it's quality writing and narrative, it cannot even break 2,000 a month. Then I see two other femdom games that are doing ok (between 4-6k a month) and I can make an educated guess why they do well and why ED - and by extension my style of game as well - can't do as well. People wanting to donate to a game need a certain tipping point, and I do believe now that certain types of games can hit that point much easier than others.

I kind of am a hobbyist, but the time required to do my style of game makes it very difficult to not have to sacrifice time from my own business. If I didn't make that kind of time, I'd take 6-8 months to do one update! The opportunity cost has been VERY large over the past three months. I think many would be shocked at what this number actually has been over the past roughly 100 days. I'm pretty lucky that sacrifice isn't killing me because I have been very smart about investing money in things since I first made any money at all at 16 years old, but I also have a fiduciary duty not to harm my business partner's potential either by sacrificing too much. All that is playing in how I am evaluating everything now.

But, I am always considering other options to make things work, as that's always my modus operandi in life. Adapt and adjust to accomplish what you want, etc. The new girl we recently hired for interior design in one day created in my opinion a better set of test renders for my game for fun in Daz Studio than I have in months of working on the game. Her specialty is incredible renders for interior design so she's already way ahead of the game. One scene in my game for 0.3 will likely have a few of her renders. But she loves a certain kind of story more than others...that might matter for me soon.

I'm also probably plunking down 5k for a new computer to help with speed and memory, and other ideas are percolating in my mind as well. I'll probably announce what I am doing in about a month when I know for sure but I am growing more confident KG could continue in an even better way than right now. I had four initial story ideas for a game, so perhaps the one I really wanted to try first will end up the result but it might also be continuing this game for the planned eleven versions. Karlsson's Gambit was actually not my first choice for a story, but I thought it was easier to try as a first game with my complete lack of experience. One story idea I really focused on at first was actually (hard to describe because it's much deeper than what it sounds like at first glance but this is reasonably close) kind of a Mission Impossible/James Bond/Raiders of the Lost Ark/Tomb Raider type of narrative with sexy locales, characters, cool tech/gadgets, mysterious history/artifacts, etc.

I may end up with a three person team working on two games at once, where I do most of the writing and only some of the art. I am not sure as now it might depend on the potential team dynamic just myself moving forward. That might be the only way to balance out my time correctly. But I am doing a lot behind the scenes to try and make it all work as I also near finishing 0.3. I don't want to continue this kind of financial sacrifice that I have for the past three months, so I am trying to be solution oriented on it with as best as I can. I have fallen in love with some of my characters in KG so I do have a vested interest in wanting to see them keep going!

And my quick update is that I just have one tough scene left to render. I am currently at 962 renders, which is way more than I thought I would have as 0.1 was 457 and 0.2 was 650. It's longer because I am accounting for many branches and also moving everyone towards the same spot so to speak...but 0.4 should have less exposition and movement as everyone should be all together for the most part...so I think 0.4 would be shorter but actually have more pure lewdness...
I really hope the best for you. Purely selfish reasons. As I stated to me its amazing to have a dominant mc while watching others males be dominated. And it's just as fleshed out and beautiful as the mc being a sub from what I've seen.

This is a total unique and powerful vn. I hope it finds a paying audience. You got talent. Some vn's I play and in a couple of days I've forgotten scenes. Your scenes have stuck with me. The word rats springs to mind first :LOL: Anyway thank you for making this and fighting to finish it. Best of luck.

Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
Do you want the mc to dominate or be dominated?
The walkthrough mod makes it really easy to see which choice leds to which path
my mc is dominate and i have the mod on but bit confuse on the slave points since dosent explain example slave+2 is that less submit points over slave+3 cause its obvious u cant dominate on slave points like does it matter the most slave points u have or not i guess im tryna say

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
my mc is dominate and i have the mod on but bit confuse on the slave points since dosent explain example slave+2 is that less submit points over slave+3 cause its obvious u cant dominate on slave points like does it matter the most slave points u have or not i guess im tryna say
Sorry, I guess it's been too long since I played it. Hopefully someone who has played more recently can answer that. Good luck and happy playing.

Dec 28, 2019
Slave points are different from sub points and they directly determine the results of the executive test. Here are the cut-offs straight from Zoey Raven's walkthrough:

If [Slave] >=10, then you will obtain [Pissboy] & [K4]
If [Slave] >=3, then [K4]
If [Slave] >=1, then [K5]
Else [K6].

Do you want the mc to dominate or be dominated?
Subs who want to do well in the program, who want to have some control over how and to whom they submit, and/or prefer not to be treated like trash should probably avoid slave points too. K4's get abused, and [Pissboy] is self-explanatory.

The walkthrough mod makes it really easy to see which choice leds to which path
Yep it's all in Zoey Raven's walkthrough.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Slave points are different from sub points and they directly determine the results of the executive test. Here are the cut-offs straight from Zoey Raven's walkthrough:

Else [K6].

Subs who want to do well in the program, who want to have some control over how and to who they submit, and/or prefer not to be treated like trash should probably avoid slave points too. K4's get abused, and [Pissboy] is self-explanatory.

Yep it's all in Zoey Raven's walkthrough.
Thank you BigStuffedTiger! And ty Zoey Raven!

Reactions: BigStuffedTiger

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
in future would you ever consider making a femdom game with only female protagonist?
The third of four story ideas I had (and rejected in favor of KG) was with a female protagonist that could elevate herself and become very dominant and evil or very good and pure, etc. It would have involved one of the richest and snobbiest sororities at a very expensive and high level academic university with a lot of children of rich people, etc. (fictional sorority and school of course but based on personal experience of four years in that type of world)

I ultimately rejected this idea, mostly because I thought it might be way too dark in a more real way and I wasn't sure I could lighten it up to feel more fun and sexy versus too dark. KG to me feels more detached and easier to write in a clearly fantastical/dystopian world, whereas this one would be based on my own and others' personal experiences, and the type of domination/sadism in it in a lot of ways would be way more difficult for people to absorb. (because of how realistic it would feel) It would be very interesting too with the subtle backstabbing and passive aggressive behavior of so many characters, but I'd have to figure out how to lighten it up quite a bit too. I definitely discovered my own sadistic/dominant personality but ultimately my own moral code as well (what line I wouldn't cross) during this time. The new hire for our interior design group is also from the same sorority, so from that respect, the networking really helped as I wouldn't have found her otherwise.

SubFork

May 8, 2020
The idea of a game with only female protagonist is very exciting. i can imagine Things you can do with your creative, phenomenal mind...:love::giggle:

cuckold her husband or even her brother
domination session with a shemale friend
and lot more exciting things that only you could create...

can we expect more female protagonist story line in future updates in this current game?

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020

Else [K6].
Plus the detail that you apparently can't get [K6] without being "selfish" and keeping the best food for yourself, so that you can jog during the physical test.

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
The third of four story ideas I had (and rejected in favor of KG) was with a female protagonist that could elevate herself and become very dominant and evil or very good and pure, etc. It would have involved one of the richest and snobbiest sororities at a very expensive and high level academic university with a lot of children of rich people, etc. (fictional sorority and school of course but based on personal experience of four years in that type of world)

I ultimately rejected this idea, mostly because I thought it might be way too dark in a more real way and I wasn't sure I could lighten it up to feel more fun and sexy versus too dark. KG to me feels more detached and easier to write in a clearly fantastical/dystopian world, whereas this one would be based on my own and others' personal experiences, and the type of domination/sadism in it in a lot of ways would be way more difficult for people to absorb. (because of how realistic it would feel) It would be very interesting too with the subtle backstabbing and passive aggressive behavior of so many characters, but I'd have to figure out how to lighten it up quite a bit too. I definitely discovered my own sadistic/dominant personality but ultimately my own moral code as well (what line I wouldn't cross) during this time. The new hire for our interior design group is also from the same sorority, so from that respect, the networking really helped as I wouldn't have found her otherwise.
And yet I will say this is a VERY interesting idea, PRECISELY because of how realistically dark it is. But I'm sensing that it might also be emotionally difficult not only for the reader, but also for the developer, who might also be eventually scarred by the process of letting the story flow and go where it wants to go.

I remember reading a biography of famous French author and enfant terrible / mauvais garçon Jean Genet (whose life was very violent: he spent a lot of his teenage years in prison for various crimes), in which the author discussed why Genet was so horribly, soul-crushingly dark in some of his books. A plausible one-sentence summary would be: because in an important sense they hurt him, especially given his life experiences, and this sense of hurt was a source of ... joy at being alive. It didn't mean he supported it (he was an activist for anti-colonialism at the time France was still fighting a war in Algeria) but he felt its presence in his fiction was ... important. Meaningful. "Cathartic," if you want, in the way that pulling a tooth can be "cathartic." It puts these things ... out there, rather than inside, where they are more readily dealt with. They didn't define him, but they weren't alien to him either.

As I said once I've never met a sadistic woman IRL (I am, alas, not very proactive about my kinks). But I did meet a very sadistic man once, a pediatrician who loved kids and also a sadist who thoroughly enjoyed fantasies of violent male domination over women. You, Tess, remind me of him, because you are, as I believe he is, someone who combines both very sadistic desires and a strong ethical conscience (a moral code as you put it). I asked him, how can you combine true empathy with sadism? How can you have high moral/ethical standards and fantasize about situations were said standards are utterly destroyed? I expected him to say somethng about how we can enjoy gory horror movies and yet not really want to see people being torn to pieces by horrible monsters on our way to work, how we are archipelagos of contradictory impulses loosely connected by a thin ribbon we call "ego," and he did say that, but he also had an interesting question: why do we like sad songs? Why do we sometimes want to sit and listen to someone's tragedy in musical format and feel terribly sad about it? Is it because we're feeling sad ourselves and need to connect to someone else who is sad? Is it because we want to feel "there is someone who understands" what our own sadness and depression feels like? Yeah, to some extent; but... there is also a joy in sadness, an addictive feeling in it that makes us "enjoy" the non-enjoyment of being depressed. Which is why some people can even get addicted to it.

We enjoy what we don't enjoy, he said. We like what we don't like. Negativity is positive to us. It's the whole yin-yang thing, not just because "opposites are attracted to each other" but because at the heart of evil there is good ("the most beautiful rose blooms in the center of hell") and at the heart of good there is evil ("no pain so horrible as eternal bliss"). We understand that we like being frightened, which is why we go to Haunted Hause rides in amusement parks; why should it be so surprising that we also like the destruction and desacration of the very ideals we love and uphold, respect and hold dear? Isn't it better to bring it out in the open, say in the form of consensual role playing, or in the form of fiction, where it can be looked at, examined, and and reflected upon, rather than letting it stay hidden deep inside, under layers of fear and loathing, where it can fester and produce god knows how many anti-social neuroses and destructive behaviors?

And yet we do value our ideals, our moral codes, and there is not a shred of insincerity in our desire to uphold them. And--this sincerity, this desire are NOT compromised, but rather reaffirmed, by our darkest delights and most heartwrenching experiences. We can desire and even fight for good because of, rather than despite, enjoying evil. We can see the kinds of evil that exist and choose ours as a way to progress towards good.

Aren't humans ... fascinating? A mixture of heh-heh-heh and hugs-and-kisses. Heh heh heh. XOXO.

So, if this sorority story resonates deeply with you, I hope you will someday bring it to life, in whatever fictional format you prefer. No matter how dark the yang gets, there's that speck of pure yin in its center. You're certainly right that it would be difficult for many to stomach and enjoy it, but they wouldn't be your target demographic -- just like femdom games are not meant for purely vanilla people.

(And, if you want to be more businesslike, it could be "social commentary on some of the worst aspects of our rich élites," "a reflection of said élites' abuse of their social standing and their betrayal of other social strata and society as a whole via the allegory of the ultimate self-degradation implicit in degrading others" blah blah blah.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1932742

actually i know a lot of people that would like "too dark" (not on f95)so i cant say anything but respect about target audience and your moral code
i d always prefer not to lighten it since a game include serious psychological damage and any type of chaos/violence/disgust etc. is really really rare though non profitable

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes