MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
I swear, people must be allergic to actually reading what I write. I said that it's like Mass Effect 2: to say that Astrid and two others are the only ones guaranteed to survive is like saying Joker is the only one guaranteed to survive in ME2. Just like everyone including Shepard CAN die in ME2, so can everyone including Olivia die in this game. Do many players just naturally/blindly get the "worst ending", and call it their Canon playthrough? No. Is it easy to kill off Shepard? No, you basically have to intentionally make the correct series of choices to make it happen, likewise with Olivia. Kane also needs specific choices to kill, but it's a lot easier to accomplish, yet "blind players" will statistically stay in the middle: neither best nor worst endings, unless as a sheer probable outlier. Tess did not have any plans to put herself in the game (dev messages never count), she finally caved to the patrons who've been begging her for years to do so, thus Olivia was the original self-insert.
You think Tess who calls herself Grymm Gudina and whose in game character is similar to a certain goddess has Olivia as her self-insert? At this point, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: Stan5851
Mar 11, 2023
Tess did not have any plans to put herself in the game (dev messages never count), she finally caved to the patrons who've been begging her for years to do so, thus Olivia was the original self-insert.
Huh? Olivia has been there since ep.1, and it's Tess' first game, so how could she have patrons begging her for years before she released ep.1? It makes no sense.
Now her (Olivia) being a Mary Sue is a separate issue, one that was discussed before iirc, and I hope we will see the consequences of her being too weak/indecisive/cruel/uncompromising soon.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Wait, her patrons begged her to self-insert?? wut :WaitWhat:

Also, wait, how is Olivia a Mary Sue??

Also also, wait, isn't Grymm Gudina just Veronica in disguise or something like that?

The fuck are you people talking about? :KEK:

Last edited:

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Wait, her patrons begged her to selg-insert?? wut :WaitWhat:

Also, wait, how is Olivia a Mary Sue??

Also also, wait, isn't Grymm Gudina just Veronica in disguise or something like that?

The fuck are you people talking about? :KEK:
You had four sisters to pick from and you picked the one sister that Grymm absolutely couldn't be :rolleyes:

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
You had four sisters to pick from and you picked the one sister that Grymm absolutely couldn't be :rolleyes:
Well the point was more that the Grymm Gudina character isn't the dev's self-insert... but anyhoo, who was it then? I thought the two disguised women talking were Veronica and MC's mom? Shit I think I've already forgotten some of the details :ROFLMAO:

sgenter

Dec 8, 2021
Anyway to delete the 8 Final Slot saves(saving your stats) carrying over from Episode 7?

I have used 5 and want to delete the first 4 if possible. Overwriting would be nice if offered when reaching the end of Ep 7. Or is that offered when the 8 Final Slots are full?

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Anyway to delete the 8 Final Slot saves(saving your stats) carrying over from Episode 7?

I have used 5 and want to delete the first 4 if possible. Overwriting would be nice if offered when reaching the end of Ep 7. Or is that offered when the 8 Final Slots are full?
I believe there's a file "Karlssons.gambit.s1" located in the "persistent" folder in the renpy backup folder, but if you delete that it's possible you'll delete all of the carry over saves...

Reactions: sgenter

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Everything points to Grym Gudinna being Alessandra. She meets Gambit Queen in the temple.
huh... why would it be Alessandra tho? I mean as far as I remember it seemd like only Veronica was in contact with Callista... plus it's basically the same costume, kinda weird that two sisters would wear the same outfit to meet in secret with the same person... =/

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
huh... why would it be Alessandra tho? I mean as far as I remember it seemd like only Veronica was in contact with Callista... plus it's basically the same costume, kinda weird that two sisters would wear the same outfit to meet in secret with the same person... =/
Unless you know something that Tess herself doesn't about her game, they are two different ninjas.

So many smart people on this thread! Wow! Only thing I will add (I did before) is are the ninja outfits different during the game scenes? Do the conversations feel the same in how the Gambit Queen speaks?
Took tess's advice and fast forwarded throught the game and yep, we have two different ninjas.

View attachment 1507709 View attachment 1507710

Different masks and different clothing. She met with the top one who seemed to know who she was, while she remained disguised from the bottom one. Top one is definitely Veronica based on previously discussed clues. While the bottom one aka grym is almost definitely Alessandra.

I think I figured out tess's preferred pairing too, but for now I'll just stick to this discovery.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022
Unless you know something that Tess herself doesn't about her game, they are two different ninjas.
Plus in the boat meeting the Gambit Queen even says "I wasn't sure which one of you would come..." or something along those lines. So even if you don't catch the clothing and mask change, that's a hint that the Gambit Queen has been in contact with more than one sister.

It's assumed to be Alessa because Grym Gudinna is self-aware of her evilness, says that she's happy with her life, and commands a loyal Pat. Also, the Gambit Queen said that Alexander's humanity died before Grym Gudinna was born, meaning it could only really be Alessa or Jules since the other ninja was Veronica. I forget if Astrid was still in cryo or not but either way she wasn't walking up those temple steps. Jules scene with Gary showed she didn't know much about the Gambit, whereas Grym Gudinna seemed to be aware of more details.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Plus in the boat meeting the Gambit Queen even says "I wasn't sure which one of you would come..." or something along those lines. So even if you don't catch the clothing and mask change, that's a hint that the Gambit Queen has been in contact with more than one sister.

It's assumed to be Alessa because Grym Gudinna is self-aware of her evilness, says that she's happy with her life, and commands a loyal Pat. Also, the Gambit Queen said that Alexander's humanity died before Grym Gudinna was born, meaning it could only really be Alessa or Jules since the other ninja was Veronica. I forget if Astrid was still in cryo or not but either way she wasn't walking up those temple steps. Jules scene with Gary showed she didn't know much about the Gambit, whereas Grym Gudinna seemed to be aware of more details.

Well then that was a terrible decision to have them look basically the same and not even change the color of the "????"... that's extremely confusing in an already super complicated game.

Also, on the boat she says she wasn't certain it would be her, but I thought she might've been expecting ninja chick who did also show up, she just remained unseen.

Couldn't it be Dominique tho? I'm not seeing why would Callista trust Alessandra... that's a bit weird. At least Dominique does good, even tho she struggles with her evilness (which would also fit with that particular line of dialogue) and she's working towards a similar-ish goal... Alessandra doesn't seem to be interested in anything except for maintining her status quo. Is there a theory or a common train of thought on why would Callista be so chummy with Alessandra? :unsure:

Reactions: YuNobi1

BurgRoyce

Jul 17, 2022
Well then that was a terrible decision to have them look basically the same and not even change the color of the "????"... that's extremely confusing in an already super complicated game.

Also, on the boat she says she wasn't certain it would be her, but I thought she might've been expecting ninja chick who did also show up, she just remained unseen.

Couldn't it be Dominique tho? I'm not seeing why would Callista trust Alessandra... that's a bit weird. At least Dominique does good, even tho she struggles with her evilness (which would also fit with that particular line of dialogue). Is there a theory or a common train of thought on why would Callista be so chummy with Alessandra? :unsure:
That's the only thing that makes me a bit doubtful about Grymm= Alessandra. She's undoubtfully evil. No redeeming features at all. Why in hell Callista would be interested in Alessandra winning the Gambit? :unsure:
But besides that, virtually all clues lead to Alessandra...
We'll have to wait and see I guess..

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
That's the only thing that makes me a bit doubtful about Grymm= Alessandra. She's undoubtfully evil. No redeeming features at all. Why in hell Callista would be interested in Alessandra winning the Gambit? :unsure:
Mmmm no I don't see her as "evil" or unredeemable, but she's def. very self-centered... she doesn't want power because she doesn't want to have more responsability, she admits it herself, she only puts in the minimum effort required and then just enjoys her time.

And yeah, she doesn't want to win, she's not even participating IIRC, so why would Callista even approach her? It would seem she's only getting involved in things to protect her own interests, but she just doesn't seem to care about anything beyond that. And also, there hasn't been any hints that Alessandra had any sort of meaningful relationship with Callista. I mean, sure anything's possible but if that IS the case, there better be an air-tight reasoning behind it, because it just doesn't track.

That said, I wouldn't mind if Alessandra is with team Veronica 'cause those are the two sisters I actually like :p

BurgRoyce

Jul 17, 2022
Mmmm no I don't see her as "evil" or unredeemable, but she's def. very self-centered... she doesn't want power because she doesn't want to have more responsability, she admits it herself, she only puts in the minimum effort required and then just enjoys her time.

And yeah, she doesn't want to win, she's not even participating IIRC, so why would Callista even approach her? It would seem she's only getting involved in things to protect her own interests, but she just doesn't seem to care about anything beyond that. And also, there hasn't been any hints that Alessandra had any sort of meaningful relationship with Callista. I mean, sure anything's possible but if that IS the case, there better be an air-tight reasoning behind it, because it just doesn't track.
Tess commented here a couple a months ago something like we better don't take as true ANYTHING that Alessandra says... That includes not being interested in winning.

Reactions: Sharpshooter890

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Tess commented here a couple a months ago something like we better don't take as true ANYTHING that Alessandra says... That includes not being interested in winning.
Right... well I guess we'll just have to wait and find out, but I don't know how I feel about that, because the story is already secrets inside of secrets inside of secrets... If it turns out that everyone is also pretending and no one is a reliable narrator, then that's just too much of a mess to even try to follow :confused:

Jan 18, 2022

Couldn't it be Dominique tho? I'm not seeing why would Callista trust Alessandra... that's a bit weird. At least Dominique does good, even tho she struggles with her evilness (which would also fit with that particular line of dialogue). Is there a theory on that? :unsure:
It's suggested that Dominique was conceived, if not also born, before Alexander and Callista started their relationship. She was definitely born before their relationship ended. Veronica and the rest of the sisters were born after Alexander cheated on Callista. His last bit of humanity died after Callista caught him cheating and ended things with him.

As for Dom's struggle with her evilness, I think it's that struggle that actually makes it unlikely she is Grym Gudinna. Since Grym Gudinna means cruel goddess, someone struggling to accept the evil things she feels she must do probably wouldn't go by that moniker.

Callista doesn't want Dom or Alessa to win, she wants Olivia/Kane to win. Dom definitely wants to win. Alessa, at least outwardly, states she doesn't want to win the Gambit. She likes to have a good time. Her good time tends to be mean trending evil, but like I said, she's self-aware of her evilness (but is nowhere near as evil as Jules). Alessa can be helpful when it suits her, so maybe that's enough for Callista to hope she's not a lost cause like Alexander or Jules? There's a reason Alessa was the one "nominated" to give the offer to Olivia in the beginning and not the other sisters and it wasn't that they were just too busy to do it themselves. She can put on the charm when she needs to. Either way, Callista hasn't been communicating with Grym Gudinna because she's interested in having Grym win. It's all a part of the 3D chess she's been playing against Alexander to keep Kane alive.

Reactions: MilesEdgeworth
4.50 star(s) 146 Votes