TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I might be able to get to this tonight...not sure yet. But I do have blocked off time for Friday night as I said. I understand the impatience...I've been there too. (I do support seven games on Patreon but certainly play more than seven)

But, it's been helpful for 0.5 that it's gone this way. (Although my support for dom path is so poor that it is impacting how I think about 0.5 as it's a big percentage of my dev time for seemingly almost nothing back...maybe I can't really write that kind of path too well yet and I might make it more linear and simplistic down the road...not sure) I do have a metric internally of Patreon performance to judge whether to keep going or not after each update, so it helps...

I'll also be uploading a walkthrough I did for my biggest Patron as well. I hope some find it helpful. Keep in mind choices made before 0.4 do matter in numerous ways. Some are small (like a choice you made in 0.1 can influence a certain character's feelings towards you in one path, etc.) and others big (rank determines a lot of which path choices you see), and some in 0.4 split to different things in 0.5, etc. It's about 20 pages (sorry!) but gives some context to choices and mini-spoilers for parts of 0.5, so only use it if you really understand it may have that kind of stuff in there.

Nightangle

Dec 29, 2019
I might be able to get to this tonight...not sure yet. But I do have blocked off time for Friday night as I said. I understand the impatience...I've been there too. (I do support seven games on Patreon but certainly play more than seven)

But, it's been helpful for 0.5 that it's gone this way. (Although my support for dom path is so poor that it is impacting how I think about 0.5 as it's a big percentage of my dev time for seemingly almost nothing back...maybe I can't really write that kind of path too well yet and I might make it more linear and simplistic down the road...not sure) I do have a metric internally of Patreon performance to judge whether to keep going or not after each update, so it helps...

I'll also be uploading a walkthrough I did for my biggest Patron as well. I hope some find it helpful. Keep in mind choices made before 0.4 do matter in numerous ways. Some are small (like a choice you made in 0.1 can influence a certain character's feelings towards you in one path, etc.) and others big (rank determines a lot of which path choices you see), and some in 0.4 split to different things in 0.5, etc. It's about 20 pages (sorry!) but gives some context to choices and mini-spoilers for parts of 0.5, so only use it if you really understand it may have that kind of stuff in there.
Waiting eagerly

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Although my support for dom path is so poor that it is impacting how I think about 0.5 as it's a big percentage of my dev time for seemingly almost nothing back
Can you elaborate on this point a bit? Does it seem like a lot of your patrons don't care for the dom path?

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Can you elaborate on this point a bit? Does it seem like a lot of your patrons don't care for the dom path?
I would like to know as well.

Your strong dom paths is why I'm following this. I would be sad af to lose it. I play both mcs as dom and absolutely enjoy ever second of it. I wish I could donate but that so isn't possible this year.

I got my fingers crossed the dom paths will remain cause again they are so fucking good. Best of luck regardless and thanks

Dec 28, 2019
I would like to know as well.

Your strong dom paths is why I'm following this. I would be sad af to lose it. I play both mcs as dom and absolutely enjoy ever second of it. I wish I could donate but that so isn't possible this year.

I got my fingers crossed the dom paths will remain cause again they are so fucking good. Best of luck regardless and thanks
This. My sentiments exactly.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Just real briefly (actually working on 0.4 now) I love writing the dom path for me personally so I would not totally abandon it, but the truth is that it seems very few (tracking this pretty carefully and asking as much as I can in subtle ways) people are donating to me based on this path. So it makes me wonder if I should go with the same extreme depth and branching as the sub path, versus maybe narrowing it a bit over time to a more tight narrative. I'm just kind of brainstorming, certainly nothing I am seriously contemplating yet as I do enjoy writing it. I think for 0.4, doing the dom path second with the new computer (I switched computers after I did most of the sub path first) made that part of the update very fun to do as I was not limited by assets or people, etc.!

The way I have written out the endings/paths, the dom path is quite detailed and deep, but I worry my game being so "femdom" at first glance makes almost no one realize it's there, lol. I think the labeling aspect of my game actually is the biggest impediment to some people discovering it who might like that path even with a little femdom on others in the game, etc. And to remind people...I am very very very dominant and equal opportunity with genders for who to dominate, way more so than the average person, so it's in a lot of ways VERY fun for me to write about Kane in a path where he can choose between power or resisting it, etc.

My worry is how long I take to do an update, I don't want to be what they call a milker here haha! It looks like I am about to get a big Patron who loves the dom path (but it's a woman lol) so just for her I think I am tempted to plug on but hope Patrons can understand the time sink to do two deep paths versus one.

I hope I can get 0.4 up tomorrow or at worst Saturday! Thanks!

Aug 21, 2019
I would never have thought that I would say something like this, as I am submissive in bed and only play femdom games, but I'm really digging the dominant path in this game. I'm actually pretty competitive person and being the "top dog" in the Karlsson's group triggers my ego. So I hope the dom path continues to receive the same amount of love, even if it delays releases.

FinrayB

Feb 12, 2021
I really love the game Grym. I dont understand why people demand you to expand or focus on more Dom path stuff. I personally am a more dominant person but I very much prefer the submissive path in the game. Just because im more Dom IRL doesnt mean that I have to go that way in game....Its a GAME!, A digital fantasy...an Escape!...thats why I love it!. Anyways, The magic of this game is CHOICES...Just try to make both to please everybody I guess, but having more sub is fine with me. Thank You for your hard work and please keep it up

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I'm still at work, but when I get home I am just going to upload what I finished up to this point with a build. So maybe 3-4 hours? I think I already mentioned this in the thread so apologies if it's repetitive...update will be 1743 renders, about 57,500 words. I will also throw up a walkthrough that details choices for 0.4, but you might want to use Zoey's walkthrough (on this thread already) if you want to see choices for 0.1 to 0.3.

Keep in mind uploading itself can take an hour and I have to do at least three of them for this site, (ugh never look forward to these servers, not F95, the upload servers) and the thread will likely be updated here before formally updated by the site as I am sure they have to get to every game being updated. No way to test Mac, so I just hope it works ok.

I don't mind the debates about how to handle things...any information can be helpful and it's easy to ignore things that either don't make sense to you or for some other reason don't align with your thinking.

Me666

Mar 14, 2018
Hi, Tess

I can only respond based upon my choices, ofc, but I donate to you because I don't want the project to fail before completion. Games are... plentiful here. I can always find something to cover a quick need, and usually find something to last me a little longer, but Karlsson's Gambit is (for me) the shiniest. It ticks the boxes for femdom, submale, setting, story and quality. I want to know how it ends! Come to mention it, I also want a sequel, and spin-offs, and, and...

For the purposes of your dilemma, however: I also find that the parts that I'm not usually interested in, hold some interest for me - and judging by the comments from colonelFishbone and FinrayB above, this also holds true for others. I'm a minmaxer; I like exploring all options and picking the one I like best whilst not closing anything else off - I like to have my cake and eat it, too. So: I explored some of the maledom path (though Olivia still gets to be dominant) and found it had also been written well enough to work for me. On that path, I enjoy the idea that the MC can carve his path straight through the opposition, dispose of the unworthy by one method or another, and find his natural place at (one step below!) the eventual peak of the hierarchy.

Some maybe inaccurate sweeping generalisations that occurred to me: people who are Doms tend to take control, gain their own resources, and not give away anything... undefined. Hence the very notion of paying someone indefinitely for unavoidably variable return does not appeal - this type of person is more likely to pay once for the finished and assessed product. This, of course, does not help you much. Conversely, people who are subs are usually pretty happy to do as they're, um, asked; exercise patience and restraint and, quite possibly, enjoy shelling out just because it makes you happy! Ergo, your customer base will primarily be interested in playing submissive to dominant interests, or directing a dominant interest to inflict fun upon their own poor avatar (or, indeed, any poor soul unfortunate enough to cross their path :devilish:).

TL;DR - Keep writing both paths. We like them, and you're reaching more people than most - once we've spotted the game, of course ;)

Impatient666

Jul 17, 2017
Not good. I think I tried all options and now I'm not sure what kind of arrangement I want to try first time playing this update.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes