Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I like playing games like you, but a few Patrons did ask me for a walkthrough and I thought it being on the side was pretty non-intrusive for others. Maybe later a mod to try this in a better way might be good but right now I'm much more focused on just doing good scenes/story for 0.2.
I don't think that will take you that much time, since you may be able to show what value the choice changes, in fact, I think it will take less time than writing a whole walkthrough. You can always ask scrappy to tell you the code he use, he is a nice modder.

Reactions: TessSadist

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Who needs a walkthrough? That is ridiculous how lazy you are. Just play the game to find out whats possible and let the dev focus on content.
I just have to thumbs up the content part, but I don't mind helping out too. I write really fast (it's renders/coding I am so slow!) when in a good groove.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Gigalomaniac

May 22, 2017
I've thought about that for later, but I always assumed a lot of players want to play blind and a walkthrough outside the game versus in game menu was a compromise to allow both types of play.
Don't bother. I think that your point is totally valid and mods like that will just break immersion. Not to mention the possible time spent researching just that. If people are too lazy at this stage of development then WT as a separate file will work just fine.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
If it doesn't add too much to your workload and will please some (not all, but some) fans, go for it!

It is your game, ultimately what you decide is what goes. You're the Mistress so to speak, we are all but your humble slaves. ;)

Hoostevall

Aug 15, 2017
Woah, I'm getting serious "this is a Swedish developer" vibes from both the title, and the name Grym Gudinna...if that's the case, SICK! I'm always a fan when we Swedes dominate (pun intended)

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I've thought about that for later, but I always assumed a lot of players want to play blind and a walkthrough outside the game versus in game menu was a compromise to allow both types of play.
I tend to agree. Walkthroughs are usually devices that you resort to after having experienced enough of the game to really want to know it thoroughly. A tip-giving mod is OK in principle, but it usually becomes difficult to know what kind of tip you should give as the branchings and endings become more numerous and the differences between them less clear-cut.

EDIT: And I also fully agree with the commenter above who wrote that tip-giving mods affect immersion negatively.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gigalomaniac

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
so far in the game is pretty easy to see what choices are dom or sub and what does gives points for the girls, but later in the game, this may be a problem, that's why if you can do that and is not too much of a hassle for you ... you can make that feature in renpy easy enough :)
Some people may like to play blindly and others will use a walkthrough, that's why having the option to turn it on/off must be added.
In more binary games that is satisfactory, but in more complicated games that may be less clear. A written walkthrough gives you more space to expand on what the differences are between branches when they aren't so easily captured by tags like "Submissive," "Dominant," "Juliette's route" etc. added to options.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
In more binary games that is satisfactory, but in more complicated games that may be less clear. A written walkthrough gives you more space to expand on what the differences are between branches when they aren't so easily captured by tags like "Submissive," "Dominant," "Juliette's route" etc. added to options.
but renpy use set values & variables etc, so my point stands

( " Choice 1 " )
set value $mc_dom +1
( "Choice 2 " )
set value $mc_sub +1

then other choices will be

( " kiss Karlsson bitch " )
set value $Kb_rel +1
( "Kiss Slave bitch " )
set value &Sb_rel +1

this is more or less how the code in Renpy works.... as you can see, you can make choices that just alter stats, relationship points with girls or other values you want like money, etc.

I think anyone will know what sub or dom is at this point, and giving that info over what choice change sub or dom, or girls affection/relationship points is enough for the dev to not write a walkthrough since that system is even better.

If you want a clear example play being a dik with scrappys mod, you will see what I mean.

Last edited:

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Sorry if not reading anything perfectly right now (as I'm currently screaming at my computer for yet another "just missed" the GPU 6GB limit to avoid a CPU render attempt), but the hard part for me with certain choices is that certain "choice flags" (not points) exist that don't really do much until later in the story so it's hard for me to figure out how to show in real time without major spoilers? Points are much easier and they are very important too but certain tailored endings are only possible going a certain direction with choices, but are not based off binary points but rather a combination of choice flags over multiple episodes. (Example being let's say you have 12 endings planned, majority might be points based with relationships/sub/dom whatever but a few of them or added variation on some of them might be based on just choice flags over multiple episodes)

I'll figure it all out eventually - I hope! - but honestly right now I'm really focused on making 0.2 as best as I can one scene at a time.

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
If you want a clear example play being a dik with scrappys mod, you will see what I mean.
Some games also show explicitly to you in your HUD what the consequences of a certain choice will be for your stats; even though this can also sometimes reveal more than I like -- I am a big fan of going blind and sometimes just having no idea what the consequences will be until they happen --, it is often sufficient, I think, for the kind of decision-making we are talking about.

But I admit I haven't played this specific game, so maybe I am misjudging your comment. I'll have a look at it (it is in this forum, right?).

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Some games also show explicitly to you in your HUD what the consequences of a certain choice will be for your stats; even though this can also sometimes reveal more than I like -- I am a big fan of going blind and sometimes just having no idea what the consequences will be until they happen --, it is often sufficient, I think, for the kind of decision-making we are talking about.

But I admit I haven't played this specific game, so maybe I am misjudging your comment. I'll have a look at it (it is in this forum, right?).
yeah, it is, look for it since I can post the link of other games in another game thread, then download the mod of scrappy and add it to the game before playing, you will see what I mean by this since you will see what the choices change.

but the hard part for me with certain choices is that certain "choice flags" (not points) exist that don't really do much until later in the story so it's hard for me to figure out how to show in real time without major spoilers? Points are much easier and they are very important too but certain tailored endings are only possible going a certain direction with choices, but are not based off binary points but rather a combination of choice flags over multiple episodes. (Example being let's say you have 12 endings planned, majority might be points based with relationships/sub/dom whatever but a few of them or added variation on some of them might be based on just choice flags over multiple episodes)
Oh, I think it will only show the tags you want to show, though scrappy will know more of this or some other method in how to mod a walkthrough like that inside the game.
I'll figure it all out eventually - I hope! - but honestly right now I'm really focused on making 0.2 as best as I can one scene at a time.
don't worry about it, you can always ask for help and just do this much later in the game in case you choose to, it was a mere suggestion :)

What's wrong with save before your choices? Then load it and try it in a different way? Like there is a limit for renpy save games... There isn't
That's just you being lazy bro.... :p

Tess you should focus on what you think it's better, and the most important part? have fun doing it
you are right about this though... btw is kind of funny for me to see you in other threads at all haha

Last edited:

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
What's wrong with save before your choices? Then load it and try it in a different way? Like there is a limit for renpy save games... There isn't :p

Tess you should focus on what you think it's better, and the most important part? have fun doing it ;)

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
I wish there was a game where MC is an INCEL, instead of a Chad.
Hmm, most games have kinda ugly male MCs. Often quite short too. So well I am happy I can for once identify physically with a male MC. He just needs a hair cut and get rid of this weird growing beard he has. ;)

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes