Unreal Engine Karryn's Prison 3D Remake [v0.2] [Sloppy Games]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
The idea is good, the locations look very similar to the original, but I think the art style should be changed (the black outlines look bad).
I'm also wondering why the dev chose UE4/5? Unity is a much friendlier engine when it comes to small worlds, it just has much better optimization...

loka224

Oct 10, 2018
As a fan of Karryn's Prison, i'm curious and would like to see where it go.

But honestly i don't see how they could reproduce the gameplay in 3D.

Sadly With all these fake projects to milk money lately, i think it's just one of thoses, but i hope i'm wrong and they bring us something fun.

AntiVeraX

Mar 17, 2018
I guess its a good learning experience... and if you wouldn't have plans to monetize it, ppl wouldn't be so aggrieved... Yet, your first personal link is for your Patreon.

And with that, you are walking into a territory you obviously do not know about... Law. :D

DonOps

Mar 19, 2022
Why would you remake a game that wasn't created by you? This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Krabe

Nov 29, 2017
So would you mind explaining why you are picking someone else game, remake it and make your own patreon for it? I mean did you buy a license for it? Also why don't just go and make your own idea?
Welp, KP is kinda just a clone of "MATRON -The Buxom Warden of Prison Island"(still untranslated), so about IDEA all ok(you cant became a thief if you stole stolen, right?).
Rename it into something like "Karren Prison" - and its totally another game. Lol.

Reactions: Grimmiger

vyn88

Oct 3, 2017
1676369261538439.jpg
i now remember monster girl quest """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""3d remake""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
why would you do this to me

• Haha
Reactions: TurboDookie

dn2sm

Nov 9, 2019
Welp, KP is kinda just a clone of "MATRON -The Buxom Warden of Prison Island"(still untranslated), so about IDEA all ok(you cant became a thief if you stole stolen, right?).
Rename it into something like "Karren Prison" - and its totally another game. Lol.
Looks like cool game except... I only found one version and it's in Japan, could you sneak in here link if there is? ;)

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
3d game can be with 1 hand gaming, like strategy, yup, for best need two hands in warcraft 3, but u can play by using only one hand
Yay you picked up the bonus "+" requirement.
And that 3d reduced to 2and halfd

Never less 3d gaming are full of additional actions, split focus that ruins game flow for any and all corruption management h game.

Nitori Kawashiro

Jan 9, 2018
I have learned some things in this thread... And it's that the majority of people complaining and bashing can't read nor can they be bothered to just... I dunno... see that the dev wasn't even the one to post this and that the dev doesn't plan on putting this behind a paywall...? In other words... IT'S GOING TO BE FREE!!!! Apparently, this was clearly stated IN THE KP DISCORD... you know... WHERE THE DEV POSTS HIS PROGRESS?!?!?!

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
I know reading must be hard for you but as stated previously Remtairy has stated that he DOES NOT CARE if people make projects like this as long as it's not locked behind a paywall. This isn't locked behind a paywall. In fact this person has been regularly posting their progress in the discord. If Rem really had an issue with it he would have told them to stop already.
Sorry, I know you're new to having a brain, so, allow me;

Doesn't mean they won't make money. This is how private servers for things like World of Warcraft go. They're "donation" run and not paywalled, but they still take in money. He has a Patreon. He's making money. He's using Remtairy's name, and he will see increased profit from that regardless of Remtairy okaying it or not. Also, if he takes the money and runs-- which dollars to donuts he will-- that's wrong, no matter who okays it.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
I have learned some things in this thread... And it's that the majority of people complaining and bashing can't read nor can they be bothered to just... I dunno... see that the dev wasn't even the one to post this and that the dev doesn't plan on putting this behind a paywall...? In other words... IT'S GOING TO BE FREE!!!! Apparently, this was clearly stated IN THE KP DISCORD... you know... WHERE THE DEV POSTS HIS PROGRESS?!?!?!
"Not behind a paywall doesn't entirely mean free; sure, John Q. Public can get the game without paying any money, but money will still change hands in order to "keep the game in development" through his Patreon, which the developer (which again, yes, isn't on this site) included with an extremely barebones demo which is, to anyone who's been on this site long enough, a MASSIVE red flag. The money is achieved through donation, and it's all voluntary. But the difference between a theft and a scam is voluntarily relinquishing the money, but they're both crimes. And yes, I realise that Remtairy approves of this, and he posts in Remtairy's Discord, but Remtairy's consent doesn't make a scam less a scam.

Even if the Dev is sincere (Which judging by the fact that he's publicly posting on Remtairy's Discord, he probably is), this is a massive undertaking and given, again, the massive red flag, will still disappear before completion. Which still makes it a scam, unless he returns every donation he ever got (which does happen, but...).

If you want a good community Discord where games are spawned, check out Out of Touch, and Dungeon Days. The author of DD is one of the main patrons for OoT, and eventually spawned his own game which I'm also quite enjoying. Did it with a lot of homage, reference and reverence to OoT, used every ounce and scrap of knowledge he could glean from StoryAnon, but it's still *his* game.

Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes