• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unreal Engine Karryn's Prison 3D Remake [v0.2] [Sloppy Games]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

tyrrandae

Aug 7, 2017
I find it sort of funny that so many people in this thread are up in arms about this guy potentially making money off of this poroject because I suspect that many of the posters have probably not even purchased the game at all anyway. Sure some might have purchased it, but at the end of the day this is a piracy forum so it stands to reason most of the users have directly stolen from Remtairy themselves. I personally don't care but hope people do support Remtairy.

Not to mention Rem has given expecit consent for game projects and mods, so long as they are not paywalled, and allows them to have a patreon/substar/tip jar.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
I find it sort of funny that so many people in this thread are up in arms about this guy potentially making money off of this poroject because I suspect that many of the posters have probably not even purchased the game at all anyway. Sure some might have purchased it, but at the end of the day this is a piracy forum so it stands to reason most of the users have directly stolen from Remtairy themselves. I personally don't care but hope people do support Remtairy.

Not to mention Rem has given expecit consent for game projects and mods, so long as they are not paywalled, and allows them to have a patreon/substar/tip jar.
Why are there various react flags on this?

Feb 1, 2018
All these complaints....I guess people want to see the manager about this Karryn game right?
thats not the problem this game already exists in another form and is already complete in it and its pretty good we dont need a 3d remake of a game thats already finished.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
thats not the problem this game already exists in another form and is already complete in it and its pretty good we dont need a 3d remake of a game thats already finished.
1) My original post was a joke in relation to the Karen seeing the manager meme and the main character being called Karryn.
2) Who is 'we'? Don't you mean 'I'? Regardless of if people agree or disagree with you, they can speak for themselves.

Reactions: F4C430

Nishee

Oct 13, 2020
I'm pretty sure an updated version, with more immersive and dynamic visuals, with more optimized mechanics, etc... Is a brilliant idea... Plenty of companies make remasters of old games specifically for that purpose.

Now the original game isn't bad by any means, but it does have a lot of flaws, flaws that, no doubt will get fixed in a 3d remake... Like for instance, how Karryns body-proportions make no sense (Her arms are tiny and short, she can barely even reach her own privates in certain scenes, lmao, i always found that to be funny)... With a 3d model, that wont really ever be an issue.

The only question is whether or not the animations will be good or not... That's probably going to be the most difficult part of this whole thing. :p

But i digress, my point is, let the Dev cook... if it works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't... Your input on whether they should or should not make this remake, is quite frankly not wanted, nor needed. Have a good day!

dn2sm

Nov 9, 2019
I'm pretty sure an updated version, with more immersive and dynamic visuals, with more optimized mechanics, etc... Is a brilliant idea... Plenty of companies make remasters of old games specifically for that purpose.
Good to mention most of them are worse and for some reason I usually enjoy more the original (even if it's from dos times), but I can't say it's bad in this case, it's said the result will be free hence I see no problem with it, I like when people make something for fun public. Like if I wasn't so lazy I would try to make some game in simmilar style myself, tho I'm so lazy...

Reactions: drone4of2

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Good to mention most of them are worse and for some reason I usually enjoy more the original (even if it's from dos times), but I can't say it's bad in this case, it's said the result will be free hence I see no problem with it, I like when people make something for fun public. Like if I wasn't so lazy I would try to make some game in simmilar style myself, tho I'm so lazy...
And then there's the folks who have made remakes and specifically ripped down the original, even after making promises to the retro community not to. (@ Blizzard-Activision)

Edit: Sorry, I'm a huge Diablo II fan and I despise Blizzard-Activision and have vowed to never buy anything again after around WoW:BfA, so now that they scrapped Battle.net I can't play with my like-minded friends and family members. After they promised not to after people saw what they did to WCIII. So, uh, salty still.

mr biscuits

Aug 12, 2020
Render_Karryn2.png
This is the Karryn model on his Patreon. Instead of spending lots of time making all the backgrounds maybe spend your time getting Karryn right? What is the benefit of making this 3D if Karryn looks like this? I know he says it's not 100% finished but still, the original artwork is infitinitely better than this crappy render.

I can't see this project lasting very long.

Reactions: drone4of2
Dec 13, 2019
View attachment 2702076
This is the Karryn model on his Patreon. Instead of spending lots of time making all the backgrounds maybe spend your time getting Karryn right? What is the benefit of making this 3D if Karryn looks like this? I know he says it's not 100% finished but still, the original artwork is infitinitely better than this crappy render.

I can't see this project lasting very long.

Is there something that bothers you about the original? I'm only bothered by 3 things.
1. That she can't stand completely naked at the reception.
2. That you can't adjust their body.
3. You can't be naked during the day.

That could possibly change with the game here.
And with the corresponding reactions of the NPCs and maybe also the story, that would be a really good gaming experience. At least that's my hope.
I would also like to know what could happen if Karryn becomes a prisoner himself. This could entail a completely different storyline or just be a feature.

In the original, side jobs are currently coming out as extensions, which I think is good. And level 4 is basically useless in the original, except that you have other enemies there and stretch the story. But you can't expand anything there.
You can't enter the infirmary either. It suggests that this is intended for further DLC's.

But if not, then this game could make up for the weaknesses of the original. Of course only if the developer wants to do that too.
That's just my hope that things will get a little better in these areas as well.
But I also understand your opinion that the original game is somehow sacred to you. So I can understand why you think that way. I just look at it a little more objectively and just hope for the best.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes