Unreal Engine Karryn's Prison 3D Remake [v0.2] [Sloppy Games]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
I for one look forward to what you can do with it , i loved the original , its going to take a lot of work to compete with that
But i will keep my eye on this one GOOD LUCK!!!

Vreejack

Oct 7, 2018
The original is based on an engine that does a lot of heavy lifting. Tairy made a lot of art that does not really transfer, and Rem wrote a ton of code to customize it, that runs on that 2-D platform. None of that can be transferred to this engine as far as I can tell. This is going to be its own game. Or the dev is going to realize he made a mistake.

But that's okay. He can make his own game but it's going to be a LOT of work. Perhaps more work than Rem had to put into it.

Moka

Aug 3, 2017
Why?!

I think it would be better to develop a mod with extra things, an afterhistory, a new job or something similar but in 3d I feel it loses the fun.

Reactions: Cumstaih333

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
I don't think OP realizes how much work it is to do the original game justice in 3D. You'd seriously need a full dev studio.
I do think that it's going to end being more like a proof of concept than anything. Probably a way for them to get a handle on using unreal. It's a good idea for just fooling around with learning an engine. I did the same thing with unity and like the first five panels in I Wanna Be the Guy maybe 7 or 8 years ago now.

WendellWhoops

Sep 25, 2022
I do think that it's going to end being more like a proof of concept than anything. Probably a way for them to get a handle on using unreal. It's a good idea for just fooling around with learning an engine. I did the same thing with unity and like the first five panels in I Wanna Be the Guy maybe 7 or 8 years ago now.
But if it's only a proof of concept why post it here? I don't think any sensible person would ever play this over the original, even if it did ever enter a more polished state. (which i doubt it will tbh)

Apr 7, 2023
Question.... Why?
The original was already a masterpiece, I much rather see a pregnancy mod/dlc for the original than something like this.

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
But if it's only a proof of concept why post it here? I don't think any sensible person would ever play this over the original, even if it did ever enter a more polished state. (which i doubt it will tbh)
OP isn't the dev. Just an uploader. The dev could have full intentions of making the full game in 3D currently so we'll just have to see what happens. I do agree that it's a very large task for a single person.

WendellWhoops

Sep 25, 2022
OP isn't the dev. Just an uploader. The dev could have full intentions of making the full game in 3D currently so we'll just have to see what happens. I do agree that it's a very large task for a single person.
Oh, I misunderstood that, thanks. It would be nice to see this succeed, but it would be a massive undertaking for a solo dev, especially with no way to profit outside of patreon.

Reactions: Bedead

akeno111

Jul 25, 2019
It seems like a side-project for the dev that will most likely get abandoned, since he can't profit from this in any shape or form (Copyright Infringement).

Just make your own game, so you can at least make money off your own time

TaelF

Jan 29, 2018
at least it's not AI generated, also, people really need to realize that OP is not the dev, like, he just made the thread, the dev is probably someone else, Also, I don't care if its a copy of Karryn's prison which arguably one of the best H-games, if someone will try and recreate that I don't see any reason to get mad at it, at best we get another great h-game, at worst we'll remember that one dev that tried to remake Karryn's prison

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
You're fucking kidding, right? You can't steal someone else's game and call it a "remake" and then ask for money on patreon, you creatively bankrupt hack.

• Haha
Reactions: Killerjh
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes