Unreal Engine Karryn's Prison 3D Remake [v0.2] [Sloppy Games]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Loadlurker

Jun 19, 2017
Damn, I can not remember the last time I actually laughed out loud. Just the information from the title and the glimpse at the runescape like castle/prison did me in.

Honestly though, this does not look that bad for a first version, I expected way worse. However I would not bet on this getting updated sensibly or at all for obvious reasons.

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
Because it is. If they DO plan to make a real game, which I doubt, they will benefit from someone else's work. But I'm guessing taking the money and running.
I know reading must be hard for you but as stated previously Remtairy has stated that he DOES NOT CARE if people make projects like this as long as it's not locked behind a paywall. This isn't locked behind a paywall. In fact this person has been regularly posting their progress in the discord. If Rem really had an issue with it he would have told them to stop already.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
I mean why? Will the dev try to replicate KP's combat in this or something? If so, see you in 4 years
That's pretty generous.

I wonder if they got permission for this.
It looks and runs like ass, as expected of an amateurish job in UE.
I expect this isn't going to go anywhere interesting or be anywhere near as deep as Karryn.
Good luck, lol.

PantsRats

Jun 19, 2020
Seems like a fun passion project, but calling this a 'remake' and setting up a Patreon account with this as your only work is... questionable. Without an incredible amount of skill and dedication, I feel like this will come off as a shallow mockery more than a proper tribute. Good luck, OP.

kekasaurus

Jan 23, 2018
This is extraordinarily ambitious, and everyone wants to see the dev succeed, regardless of skepticism. Good luck!

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
Remtairys reaction to these kind of things has always been "As long as you're not putting it behind a paywall and profiting off my work it's fine." They are pretty nonchalant about modders and what not. I can only think of one instance in the entire discord where someone got banned and that's because they were putting their mod behind a paywall and talking shit about sachinama behind everyones back.

In this instance the demo seems available without having to support the patreon so they wouldn't do anything about it.
INTERESTING! So he doesn't care about plagiarism then?!
What a stupid response. Do you consider all modding plagiarism? Also this person isn't putting their work behind the patreon you can play it for free.
Plagiarism - Presenting work or ideas from another source as your own, with or without consent of the original author, by incorporating it into your work without full acknowledgement."

A) Instead of asking what Remtairys will say/do/feel why not notify them directly?
B) I agree this may be blatant plagiarism but have you actually started this game called "KP 3d Remake" which already signifies it is based on an original and if you have does it actually not say who made the original game?
C) Plagiarism is singular at what point did the previous poster suggest modding was plagiarism because someone said the maker of KP was pretty chill about using their stuff so long as it didn't get put behind a paywall?

I have no idea what all you people are freaking out about just don't support the game and move on.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes