Hipz

May 25, 2019
Rem stated in an update that Karynn will be fully voiced.

it depends because they said it might take up to a year
so it seems like might be more than just that
wouldnt mind replaying it tho
Nah he said the game would not be release this year if they release the game with CV. He said the amount of voice that he need to do with encrypting the voice file would take up to 40 days as the fastest because Karynn will be fully voiced. On top of that, the work could be done only after the voice actress finish her part, which is not in their control. It could be a month or two or even longer than that.

Only game name I recognize is Doutei Clinic but I'm not too worried about the quality. If anyone is curious enough I'm sure they can search for a couple of those game names along with the character name in the Cast column to find a video sample (but keeping in mind voice artists usually have to have a wide range) but generally speaking it seems like voice artists get filtered out of the industry in Japan pretty quickly if they're not up to par.
Regardless I agree, I'm fine with waiting on it.

Edit: If you click her Official Site link at the top of the VNDB page, there's a Voice section on the side if you click the flower next to it, then the image of the anime nun girl. It has a bunch of voice samples of her work. As expected it's showing off variety of voices in her range but between all the kawaii uguu onii-chan gunk there's deeper and more mature voices as well. Karryn's voice will be fine.
That site does not include all of her (Miki Honda) work. I think because her recent works are smaller hentai games like OneOneOne and Karryn Prison, which is labled as "Doujin". Her lastest work is the MC of OneOneOne game "Samurai Vandalism" and the new "Apostle".

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadsExplode

HeadsExplode

Aug 27, 2018
That site does not include all of her (Miki Honda) work. I think because her recent works are smaller hentai games like OneOneOne and Karryn Prison, which is labled as "Doujin". Her lastest work is the MC of OneOneOne game "Samurai Vandalism" and the new "Apostle".
At least that means she isn't out of practice! Good to know though, I wasn't sure if VNDB did include small indie games as well as non-traditional-VN sort of rpgs and stuff. Haven't heard of either of those games either but the voice samples on her website still put me at ease, anyway. At least in regards to the quality... The time and number of lines involved still sound mountainous to me but if she's not only done VNs but doujin eroge as well she's probably used to the demands they can have.

Hipz

May 25, 2019
At least that means she isn't out of practice! Good to know though, I wasn't sure if VNDB did include small indie games as well as non-traditional-VN sort of rpgs and stuff. Haven't heard of either of those games either but the voice samples on her website still put me at ease, anyway. At least in regards to the quality... The time and number of lines involved still sound mountainous to me but if she's not only done VNs but doujin eroge as well she's probably used to the demands they can have.
Don't worry about it. The amount of voice she has done in those games are as much as any traditional VN games.

You can check her twitter. She still has a lot of work these days but not with big VN games anymore. May be she get paid better by working directly with small developers, I guess?

yangjuelek

Oct 8, 2018
Someone had responded to me several pages back asking how much was going to be done and I got a "all the dialogue" response. I did a quick ctrl+f on the subscribestar page for voice and also saw this for some further detail
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So...Expect a LOT of work to go into it beyond just grunts. I'm sure the voice actress they'll get will be better than the male grunt voice artist but the time that it sounds like this is going to add to development is insane.. I really hope people vote in favor of releasing without it..With this much work being needed, it feels like there's so much that could go wrong. Over 2000 voice files, from one voice actress, with editing/producing time as well as working them into the game and bug checking all of that..
I think I like the voice I have for her in my head more than I would whoever they pick at this point too..
well sht
thats gonna take forever
yea, game first then

Hipz

May 25, 2019
Someone had responded to me several pages back asking how much was going to be done and I got a "all the dialogue" response. I did a quick ctrl+f on the subscribestar page for voice and also saw this for some further detail
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So...Expect a LOT of work to go into it beyond just grunts. I'm sure the voice actress they'll get will be better than the male grunt voice artist but the time that it sounds like this is going to add to development is insane.. I really hope people vote in favor of releasing without it..With this much work being needed, it feels like there's so much that could go wrong. Over 2000 voice files, from one voice actress, with editing/producing time as well as working them into the game and bug checking all of that..
I think I like the voice I have for her in my head more than I would whoever they pick at this point too..
I voted prefer them to release the game with voice because I think the game would sell better that way. I'm not a marketing expert by any mean but it just my guess.

voxsunderland

Feb 22, 2021
I don't think you need to worry about Karryn's Japanese voice actress being anything that low quality. Looking up the seiyuu/voice actress name in that blogpost I posted above here's her list of roles:
Aww...

Playing the game all these years, I've always heard in my head for Karryn. Thought she would be perfect as a strict warden that gradually weans off into being a slut.

Miki Honda's resume seems like she's done a whole lot of kawaii style high pitched voice that's common in Japan. Looking through her samples, even as a 'Yasashii Oneesan' archetype, she still has that kawaii tone, while I have always thought that Karryn's would be a tad lower(although she might crank up higher notes while in heat).

That's the bane of play-testing a game for so long without a voice; people might start assigning their own expectations of what a character sounds like, even against the creator's original intentions.

HeadsExplode

Aug 27, 2018
well sht
thats gonna take forever
yea, game first then
I'm optimistic but it sounding like they haven't even started recording at all yet does nag at me a bit.. But this definitely isn't the actresses first gig like this, so for her part I'm sure she's experienced and professional enough to know how to handle the work in a timely manner. It's not like she's an amateur doing it for free with only a promise.
It is the first time Rem has used full voice lines though I think isn't it? Island Saga had voice acting but I think he only published the game, not developed it. Melty's Quest only had moans if I remember correctly.. I hope editing and adding all the lines in and bug checking (hopefully before releasing it and needing multiple hotfixes) doesn't surprise him with a lot of problems.. Fingers crossed, regardless of how the poll turns out!

I voted prefer them to release the game with voice because I think the game would sell better that way. I'm not a marketing expert by any mean but it just my guess.
It's definitely a marketing bonus, no doubt about that. It's not completely uncommon but still impressive for a doujin eroge to have the heroines content fully voiced, and for a game that will have a lot of variations going on based on slut level. I'm really curious how much this voice acting commission from Miki Honda actually costs and will add to the budget they'd be looking to make back. She's definitely professional with a good résumé behind her.
At the same time with 18,000 followers on Ci-en and the Discord having nearly 30k people, and the amount of hype and discussion this game has going on in H-game circles, I don't know how much more help they need moving copies! I don't think they release their SubscribeStar numbers like some Patreon projects show but I think by most eroge metrics they're on track for doing very well. Though I say this knowing a good portion of any of those numbers I mentioned will likely be pirates as well.. I know where I am, haha.

Aww...

Playing the game all these years, I've always heard in my head for Karryn. Thought she would be perfect as a strict warden that gradually weans off into being a slut.

Miki Honda's resume seems like she's done a whole lot of kawaii style high pitched voice that's common in Japan. Looking through her samples, even as a 'Yasashii Oneesan' archetype, she still has that kawaii tone, while I have always thought that Karryn's would be a tad lower(although she might crank up higher notes while in heat).
Hey good choice! She did . That's close to what I heard in my head as well, only more stoic than Milli.
In that Soundcloud HappyGoomba linked in the last page, that blonde character towards the bottom definitely gets in the deeper range I'd like for Karryn for a second or two so I think Miki Honda can definitely hit it. might be the closest example on her website which feels the same in that if she can just go a deeper like when she starts some syllables I think she'd do great. I just hope Rem directs her that way... Maybe there's something more middle of the road too - sort of like a Reika from the original Bible Black series perhaps?
I agree entirely with you though that her average in her portfolio on her website and that Soundcloud lean more towards a higher pitched, preppy character archetype, but I hear hints of her at least being able to hit the voice I would like.
That's the bane of play-testing a game for so long without a voice; people might start assigning their own expectations of what a character sounds like, even against the creator's original intentions.
110% this.
I wish I waited to play until the game was completely done.

Last edited:

zoomies

Jun 4, 2017
Scaffold (FR échafaud; DE Schafott; NL Schavot; PL szafot) is a raised platform used for public executions, so even the spectators in the last rows can have a clear, unobstructed view of beheadings or hangings.

'to be sent to the scaffold' - to be publicly executed.

Stocks and pillories are often confused because they look similar. The difference is that stocks are used to restrain feet, while pillory restrains the neck and upper limbs. This results in different positions being forced upon the offender, the pilloried person standing upright, with their back sometimes bent. Thus, pillories were often used as public whipping posts.
i work in construction,and use scaffold alot, but never for executions.
from cambridge english dictionary " a structure for workers to stand on when they want to reach high parts of a building "

i think it must be a translation or time issue. i do see where long ago scaffold was used for execution, but that just seems like a raised platform so the crowd can see the execution better. in the current day i don't see how this applies though. besides as far as i know nobody dies in this game.
also i have seen many pics of stocks, as well as in person, and the stocks only bins the head and hands, not feet. i have seen the ones that bind just the feet too. not saying you are wrong and i am right, we are just seeing this differently. so no further argument from me.
enjoy your day!

• Haha
Reactions: tarata

voxsunderland

Feb 22, 2021
Hey good choice! She did . That's close to what I heard in my head as well, only more stoic than Milli.
In that Soundcloud HappyGoomba linked in the last page, that blonde character towards the bottom definitely gets in the deeper range I'd like for Karryn for a second or two so I think Miki Honda can definitely hit it. might be the closest example on her website which feels the same in that if she can just go a deeper like when she starts some syllables I think she'd do great. I just hope Rem directs her that way... Maybe there's something more middle of the road too - sort of like a Reika from the original Bible Black series perhaps?
I agree entirely with you though that her average in her portfolio on her website and that Soundcloud lean more towards a higher pitched, preppy character archetype, but I hear hints of her at least being able to hit the voice I would like.
The sample you linked to was alright. The 'stoic' feeling isn't quite there, but eh.

Which Bible Black version of Reika are we talking about here? If we're talking the adult Reika in the first one, then you and I have the same taste. Then again, that one's a bit deeper than the typical Japanese commonly likes(I am always of the opinion that the Japanese makes games to cater to the Japanese first).

ZoneShy

Aug 13, 2016
This is going to be a weird question, but is there/will there be an option to change the size of Karryn's HUGE fucking honkers? I don't mind tiddy, but Melty did not have mammary mountains that massive, and it borderlines on inflation fetish for me. I don't want the hot girl I'm playing as to have titties so huge that they are 55% of her bodily structure.
Nope.

Reactions: LongHentai2k

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Whatever they plan to do I think the final product will be a good game in the end. I'm also excited to see what they work on next. I wonder if they will go back to something simple like Meltys Quest, or something like Karryn's Prison again, or something completely different on a different engine.

FreyAnon

Mar 11, 2021
Question: How do I use the save files in the pages back ? I put them in the save folder but nothing happened.

motoko1985

May 30, 2021
Is it possible to take off the top of the receptionist's clothes? I managed to take the skirt off by editing, but the top remains.

4.60 star(s) 423 Votes