Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
No, Sachi made the game, English version was done by Rem.
I've updated my post with the link. You should read the note in KP as well.
What the hell is this "Happy Life" then?
Unnamed.PNG
Also, if Sachi can make a game on his own, why did we wait for big breasts dlc for so long(when Rem got sick, depressed for no reason, fell into black hole and couldn't work on the game)?
I have so many questions...

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Last edited:

Kuroimi95

Nov 20, 2017
There's also this comment, which explain a bit more what Sachi and Remtairy did (there's no info on whether or not there was more people involved tho)
image_2024-10-17_165323510.png

With this comment, it's very likely that Remtairy is the main dev for Karryn's Prison, while Sachi is the story/art guy, since Karryn's Prison's gameplay is much more complex than Meltys Quest

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
There's also this comment, which explain a bit more what Sachi and Remtairy did
View attachment 4141923

With this comment, it's very likely that Remtairy is the main dev for Karryn's Prison, while Sachi is the story/art guy, since Karryn's Prison's gameplay is much more complex than Meltys Quest
Happy Life is the old circle of Sachinama.

Sachi officially works with Rem together, that's why it's now under the circle Remtairy.
F95 should state developer as both Happy Life (Sachinama) and Remtairy.
Screenshot.png

(there's no info on whether or not there was more people involved tho)
Sachi and Rem are the only people listed as authors. So there are only 2 people involved.

For KP, modders are involved on certain areas.

Last edited:

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
Did you not read the Patreon post?
View attachment 4141900

Here's Sachi's pixiv:
Thanks for the explanation. Sorry, I didn't fully read contents of link in the previous post, it was too long and I am not in the mood to read long posts nowadays so I skipped a lot of it. Its probably why I missed that detail.

Because Sachi by their own words in that patreon post stated they're an amateur game programmer.
Rem is the programmer of KP, not Sachi.
Being an amateur game programmer is enough to do what Rem did with p-cup dlc. Sachi already made a game with same engine before so he should already be familiar enough to be able to continue Rem's work(when he was sick, depressed or whatever bullshit reason/excuse he came up with in the past to delay the dlc).

Kuroimi95

Nov 20, 2017
Being an amateur game programmer is enough to do what Rem did with p-cup dlc. Sachi already made a game with same engine before so he should already be familiar enough to be able to continue Rem's work(when he was sick, depressed or whatever bullshit reason/excuse he came up with in the past to delay the dlc).
Eeh, I don't really think it would be that easy.
I didn't really check the insides of Karryn's Prison, but at this point, I would expect it's a mess of a spaghetti code like most RPG Maker games (especially Patreon ones, and especially when it's a game with a lot of "not RPG Maker" mechanics).
You'd have to rework the whole game to even detect the P-Cup mode, for example.

Maybe if the game was thought with character customisation in mind from the start (like outfit change, hairstyles, glasses...), it would be easier, but here...
I really doubt an "amateur" programmer could make actual progress on the development of the P-Cup DLC.

Now, whether or not Rem was actually depressed/sick/whatever is another matter. Who really knows in this kind of situation, really?
But let's be honest, even if it was true, Sachi could've still make progress in other ways (finishing the writing and cg of the DLC, and/or do smaller-scale updates) to pass time while Rem is "away".

But again, who knows what really happened? Maybe Sachi actually did finish his work, or maybe Sachi was also taking some rest too, or maybe Rem didn't want Sachi to touch the "programming" part.

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Thanks for the explanation. Sorry, I didn't fully read contents of link in the previous post, it was too long and I am not in the mood to read long posts nowadays so I skipped a lot of it. Its probably why I missed that detail.
You only had to read the title or the very first line of the post. How did you miss that? :KEK:

Being an amateur game programmer is enough to do what Rem did with p-cup dlc. Sachi already made a game with same engine before so he should already be familiar enough to be able to continue Rem's work...
Sachi worked on a very basic RPGM game meanwhile KP is significantly more complex, both with its gameplay and with how assets are handled, so I don't believe an amateur who's only done simple stuff with RPGM in the past can suddenly pick up the main programmer's complicated pile of mess.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
Eeh, I don't really think it would be that easy.
I didn't really check the insides of Karryn's Prison, but at this point, I would expect it's a mess of a spaghetti code like most RPG Maker games (especially Patreon ones, and especially when it's a game with a lot of "not RPG Maker" mechanics).
You'd have to rework the whole game to even detect the P-Cup mode, for example.
Sachi worked on a very basic RPGM game meanwhile KP is significantly more complex, both with its gameplay and with how assets are handled, so I don't believe an amateur who's only done simple stuff with RPGM in the past can suddenly pick up the main programmer's complicated pile of mess.
I am still finding it hard to believe Sachi couldn't pick up the work and continue when Rem was busy with creating excuses to delay the dlc. I don't know js and even I can find my way among game's code, despite it being a spaghetti/mess. My only coding knowledge comes from learning C# and I don't consider myself close to being good at it. The only logical explanation seems to be either they both wanted to not work on it or perhaps Rem told Sachi to never touch his code. Either way I find delays for p-cup unjustified. But it doesn't matter anymore I guess. Aaanyway, are mods updated yet or are they still trying to catch-up with constant updates?

Milleniumt

May 20, 2021
JoiPlay currently lacks some api support for ImageReplacer. Madtisa, who maintains CCmod, is currently working on a fix, but hasn't given an ETA. Follow this channel on the Remtairy Discord for updates:
God I knew there's a risk of waiting to update this game before a deadline but I though it was the safer option overall. I mean it should be right?

But not only is there a major update DLC for the game if it was nearly a month ago now which means an update to the Mod but I didn't think there's a scenario where the CC mod wouldn't even work on Joiplay anymore. My old copy still has it working I believe but I don't know if that version has the Gym DLC unless it was the original which I doubt I have let alone the other DLCs too like the P-Cup DLC and that's assuming that the copy I have doesn't work if I'm reading what's said in that quote correctly.

Man this sucks.

4.60 star(s) 431 Votes