RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes

inthef95zone

Sep 21, 2017
Sure. Hold on. Inside of EV023 (the wait for Macky circle) Teary uses a js plugin call to force a self-switch change on EV021 on the same map (the one that triggers the scene), but EV023 does nothing by itself, so simply disable self-switch A for EV021.

If you cannot save edit, you can do it the way Teary does it (not recommended though I'm biased here - remote self-switch calls even for the same map can actually be handy as the engine doesn't support this natively and you'd have to use inline js to do this on another event), and use
JavaScript:
Plugin Command: SingleSwitch off 184 21 A
Or, alternately, you can do it in the console (F7 in playtest/debug), that is if you don't want to touch the code.

Let me know if any of this is confusing inthef95zone. :)

(Just make sure you don't change the code to automatically turn it off, or it'll loop.)

Of course, you could change the entire way the whole thing works since there are excessive plugin calls messing with the entire thing - that's assuming you want to keep the code as is and would like to use a simple save edit technique. (Teary isn't the only one doing this, and at least he doesn't go all over the place claiming he's a pro dev - humility is important and so is learning, even as a professional developer. Even "professional" RM games sold on DLsite and the like have those kinds of massive fuckups.)
Yep pretty much confused here lol, I'm assuming I need to have the MV engine for these methods right, cuz save editing doesn't allow event-related edits (at least the one I use) F7 does nothing, and I have no idea where to insert that plugin command

inthef95zone

Sep 21, 2017
If you go through the thread, you'll find mini-walkthroughs here and there. If someone feels like making a compilation and then compare to the changelog to see what we're missing, that'd be most appreciated by the community.
Turns out there are *two* self-switches getting enabled... B as well, it has priority, and second event page is fucked on top.

Try this with MVSaveEdit (reverts rpgsave to the raw JSON so you can modify the save) - it'll automatically backup your save so you can revert if things go south.

While editing the JSON file in your default text editor, in the list of self-switches (format=map,event_id,switch_id) change:
JSON:
"184,21,A":true,"184,21,B":true
to
JSON:
"184,21,A":false,"184,21,B":false
Save the changes and press Enter in the command line prompt to "re-encrypt" as rpgsave, then test and see if the scene procs when you activate the circle.

If you want to repeat the scene, just do this again.

Here's a savefile if you go fuck it but please remember to backup your own saves!
Thank you so much man! Works like a charm!

boblolz

Jul 6, 2021
I tried all the fix with miss macky, and they did fix the teacher room.
But now I'm stuck again when I have to turn the assignement (it's number 2 I guess, miss macky has been bugged for a long time now).
Any solutions?

Katalist 1.png Katalist 2.png

boblolz

Jul 6, 2021
I can enter her room at night, but I dont see anything that let me turn it.
Katalist 3.png
Anyway about the Id527, I can find it in the Commonevents json file? I tried to edit it with notepad++ (I guess there is a much better software, but I don't what else to use), the only thing I find is {"id":527,"list":[{"code":0,"indent":0,"parameters":[]}],"name":"","switchId":1,"trigger":0},
I dont know exactly what to change, and how to turn it on or off.

boblolz

Jul 6, 2021
It's not a new game, had already the problem back in previous versions. For a long time I couldn't trigger the second assignement and the part where you talk to her in the teacher room.

linnnn

Mar 15, 2020
It's not a new game, had already the problem back in previous versions. For a long time I couldn't trigger the second assignement and the part where you talk to her in the teacher room.
Please download again because it has been modified again

Last edited:

linnnn

Mar 15, 2020
I suggest you restart the game and save your progress the second time you submit your job. Then modify the switches and variables related to Macky in the old savefile to make them the same as the new savefile.

boblolz

Jul 6, 2021
I tried the new savefile and I can indeed enter the room at evening and turn the assignment.
I'll check on later if I can progress further.
Thx for the help.

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes