RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes

CNR25

Jan 7, 2020
It's starting to be annoying...

I guess this is one more game we should forget until it REALLY get updated.

Also if you people don't want Katalist to become a ToT 2.0 don't subscribe or cancel your subscription until the game is brought back to a sane schedule. Even if it's one update/ 3 months, always better than lies.

That being said I still have hope in this dev and I don't think he will become a Koda 2.0. Fingers crossed

shäe1337

Jan 5, 2021
It's starting to be annoying...

I guess this is one more game we should forget until it REALLY get updated.

Also if you people don't want Katalist to become a ToT 2.0 don't subscribe or cancel your subscription until the game is brought back to a sane schedule. Even if it's one update/ 3 months, always better than lies.

That being said I still have hope in this dev and I don't think he will become a Koda 2.0. Fingers crossed

did this, started membership to numericgazer (UTW) since he actually delivers stuff, what pisses people off is the constant lies on update release and its delays

will re-check his schedule mid 2022, it's going to get leaked anyways

SnakeSnek

Feb 23, 2020
did this, started membership to numericgazer (UTW) since he actually delivers stuff, what pisses people off is the constant lies on update release and its delays

will re-check his schedule mid 2022, it's going to get leaked anyways

I completely agree with what you said and as I did before I also much rather support a dev who delivers, keep their word and take their projects and people serious rather than one who doesn't.

Also anyone who's been here a for a lil while and has seen these devs starting their projects from the start already know that excuses such as art and coding being super time consuming and this and that dont work anymore cause every time they start a game we get updates every month sometimes even more often than that.. its just after a few months that the delay fever strikes them

I confess that I do like the story/fetishes aspect of katalist and domina better than utc (at least as for now) but while these games take 3-4 sometimes 6 months to deliver a few new scenes, numeric hes been updating his game monthly with multiple scenes in heavy 3d art... proving that is very possible to deliver a lot more content in a smaller time frame than other devs been doing..

And just to make it clear, at least to me the big thing is not even the time it takes... but the fact that they are not being transparent about it. I could at least respect a dev that updates his game every 3-4 months possibly still support them after all sometimes they have a day time job, school or other things in life and thats fine but teary literally has "updates will be monthly" in his patreon :cautious: and still keeps delaying months over and over again.. I mean if you're gonna be slow either way, at least be honest about it and people wont be so disappointed... but the way this is going I would never ever become a patreon again.

I might like femdom, but I'm no fool... and teary isn't a hot girl sitting on my face.. so I'd rather give my 5 bucks to another dev who treats their patreons with more respect and transparency even if they're not making my fav game

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018
I might like femdom, but I'm no fool... and teary isn't a hot girl sitting on my face.. so I'd rather give my 5 bucks to another dev who treats their patreons with more respect and transparency even if they're not making my fav game
The main issue is the transparency part. Developing games takes a lot of time and can often have bugs come out of no where. It is 100% possible to spend hours upon hours trying to find a fix for it only be a simple check of a check box on something completely unrelated. This is why developing games solo can be challenging since having another person to look at things from different view can make it much easier. I don't blame teary for these issues or compare him to a developer making a game that is funidmentally different in every way (utw is a game that uses animations as the core of its gameplay, there is little to no coding neaded for this in unreal due to how unreal works. Its not easy, but finding bugs in animations vs finding bugs in rpgmaker code are completely different). I do however think that devs like teary should be more transparent about these things, as it isn't like we are going to judge him because one part isn't working for some reason. Explaining what is going wrong rather than just saying delay will ultimately make supporters less likely to rage at every delay. The biggest example of this is tot where we can somehow go from saying it comes out tomorrow to getting updates 1 year later talking about how that very same update isnt even close to completion and only just then learning about what parts are being worked on.
I still trust teary to fix this as it is still better than flat out lying like dek and koda, but it could easily take a turn for the worse.

bicboi224224

Jun 28, 2020
this dude really doubled down on the lie that the release was due yesterday and now we're seriously going past 24 hours. Tf lmao, what is the discord saying? 4 delays isnt quite koda level, but its way past acceptable for any self respecting dev or patron

Reactions: SnakeSnek

SnakeSnek

Feb 23, 2020
The main issue is the transparency part. Developing games takes a lot of time and can often have bugs come out of no where. It is 100% possible to spend hours upon hours trying to find a fix for it only be a simple check of a check box on something completely unrelated. This is why developing games solo can be challenging since having another person to look at things from different view can make it much easier. I don't blame teary for these issues or compare him to a developer making a game that is funidmentally different in every way (utw is a game that uses animations as the core of its gameplay, there is little to no coding neaded for this in unreal due to how unreal works. Its not easy, but finding bugs in animations vs finding bugs in rpgmaker code are completely different). I do however think that devs like teary should be more transparent about these things, as it isn't like we are going to judge him because one part isn't working for some reason. Explaining what is going wrong rather than just saying delay will ultimately make supporters less likely to rage at every delay. The biggest example of this is tot where we can somehow go from saying it comes out tomorrow to getting updates 1 year later talking about how that very same update isnt even close to completion and only just then learning about what parts are being worked on.
I still trust teary to fix this as it is still better than flat out lying like dek and koda, but it could easily take a turn for the worse.

True that unreal engine and rpgmaker are two different things with different kind of bugs, buttttt if that was the issue I still dont understand how these same devs were able to deliver a lot more content in the beginning of their projects rather than now... also doesn't explain how some other devs can still do it..

I could be wrong but to me it almost feels like he might have started working on it and putting things together just about a week ago when he gave us the first dead line but then things didn't go as smooth as he planned and now there is the whole bug fixing part...

But yes I agree with you that the most upsetting part is the lack of transparency but at the same time if they been slacking off I doubt they would their subs that they been taking it easy and doing the minimum possible for months... or even years like in the Koda's scenario...
Either way it sucks balls... I am not saying that is the case with Teary, but if it isn't then next time at least dont give us false hope... cause the blue balls hurt... ohhh the paaaaaaaaiiiiinnnnn :cry:

1639283949667.png

Last edited:

Drovosek11

Apr 16, 2021
Shame on you, Teary! Absolute disrespect to patrons. You keep everyone on hold and report delays at the very last moment. Congratulations, you lose another patron. Even though Koda is a high level of scam, you deserve a lot of bad words addressed to you. I doubt you will ever regain confidence in yourself

• Angry
Reactions: Oathakafaze
Dec 6, 2018
True that unreal engine and rpgmaker are two different things with different kind of bugs, buttttt if that was the issue I still dont understand how these same devs were able to deliver a lot more content in the beginning of their projects rather than now... also doesn't explain how some other devs can still do it..

I could be wrong but to me it almost feels like he might have started working on it and putting things together just about a week ago when he gave us the first dead line but then things didn't go as smooth as he planned and now there is the whole bug fixing part...
The utw dev took (if I remember right) more than a year to make the very first version and over a year later for the version with the lake. The time it took for the first versions was massive because it was only the one developer making models, textures, animations, and blueprints for the game. It was also very bare bones having a flat whitespace (with a sort of night sky) and just the one fight. Teary's first version also took a lot of time if I remember right as he also did everything by himself. The difference now is that for utw, there isn't anywhere near as much stuff to create blueprint or model wise since once the model is made it can continue to be reused. The main things they add are animations (aka scenes) as there is little new blueprinting needed when repurposeing the dealer fight to the alice one. Plus, the utw dev now has a team and is no longer a solo dev. Teary is still creating everything himself (art, code, story, ect) and, trust me, repurposeing scripts for fights or scenes is no where near as easy as for repurposeing unreal blueprints. We also know that teary is (or at least was as of the last update) a college student, which takes a massive amount of time and money (teary could be working another job for all we know). We don't know (unless this info has slipped past me) if the utw dev is a student or even if he has been making models and animations for years.
In the case of other devs like boda and deka, they have things that point out that these things do not apply to them. Deka lied about current version being finished and only awaiting cgs a long time before it was delayed and he buggy release. Boda (mainly koda) is often found playing other games and in general slacking off without even trying to hide it. Teary has been confirmed to be working on the releases in the past as it would say when he was working on rpg maker through his discord profile. I have not heard anything about this for this release, but that either could be because the people who did notice it before aren't currently around or because he learned people could see it and removed the abillity for discord to display what he is doing. Either way, there are countless reasons to continue to believe in him and very few reasons for certain people to have their first post on this website be about how you shouldn't support him.

Jun 30, 2020
Hi, update is today.
Cleaning up took longer than expected and I fell asleep in the midst of it, sorry for the delay.
>>>For who continues from a previous save: Please save either in the dorm room, class, or anywhere inside the portal world before transferring your saves.

This update is full of fixes, tweaks and remakes, plus the interlude before the next boss and some new scenes; as well as more variants to existing ones.
Lucid dreaming is basically a way to rewatch normally one-time scenes. It won't have much impact on the game.
Perfomance improvement is, well, you can notice it once you play a bit; but for example that short flicker in the stool scene is no more.
Like I said I unfortunately couldn't remake every single old CGs, but the ones that bothered me the most have been done. The rest will be added as it goes on. Vhidna's remakes will either come before or alongside her expansions.

Changelog:
-Main Story
-Added Interlude
-Bonnie's Essence can be turned in to Vaila
-Bonnie
-Added scenes and variants
-Few edits
-Macky
-Fixed route bugs
-Beverly
-Fixed route bugs
-Miki
-Added more variants
-Some edits
-Noo
-Added more variants
-Few edits
-Added other variants and minor scenes
-Added Lucid Dreaming
-Can see some one-time scenes once when going to sleep
-Learned after browsing in the Occult Club
-Main scenes taking place while asleep will still take priority
-Edited/Remade many CGs
-(Vaila, Dominic, Miki, John, Allan, Rick, etc.)
-Edited/Remade some maps
-Various other graphical edits
-Various balancing and tweaking to difficulties, skills, items etc
-Removed the weird animation of idles in fights
-Edited some menus
-Improved performance
-Added some utility things
-Various tweaks and misc stuff
-Fixed characters disappearing in battle
-Fixed the pixi bug
-Fixed reported bugs

ToxicNoob

Oct 13, 2020
Hi, update is today.
Cleaning up took longer than expected and I fell asleep in the midst of it, sorry for the delay.
>>>For who continues from a previous save: Please save either in the dorm room, class, or anywhere inside the portal world before transferring your saves.

This update is full of fixes, tweaks and remakes, plus the interlude before the next boss and some new scenes; as well as more variants to existing ones.
Lucid dreaming is basically a way to rewatch normally one-time scenes. It won't have much impact on the game.
Perfomance improvement is, well, you can notice it once you play a bit; but for example that short flicker in the stool scene is no more.
Like I said I unfortunately couldn't remake every single old CGs, but the ones that bothered me the most have been done. The rest will be added as it goes on. Vhidna's remakes will either come before or alongside her expansions.

Changelog:
-Main Story
-Added Interlude
-Bonnie's Essence can be turned in to Vaila
-Bonnie
-Few edits
-Macky
-Fixed route bugs
-Beverly
-Fixed route bugs
-Miki
-Added more variants
-Some edits
-Noo
-Added more variants
-Few edits
-Added other variants and minor scenes
-Added Lucid Dreaming
-Can see some one-time scenes once when going to sleep
-Learned after browsing in the Occult Club
-Main scenes taking place while asleep will still take priority
-Edited/Remade many CGs
-(Vaila, Dominic, Miki, John, Allan, Rick, etc.)
-Edited/Remade some maps
-Various other graphical edits
-Various balancing and tweaking to difficulties, skills, items etc
-Removed the weird animation of idles in fights
-Edited some menus
-Improved performance
-Added some utility things
-Various tweaks and misc stuff
-Fixed characters disappearing in battle
-Fixed the pixi bug
-Fixed reported bugs
No HotFix For After Finishing Class And Talking To Teacher?

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes