RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes
Jun 10, 2021
Hi, update is today.
Cleaning up took longer than expected and I fell asleep in the midst of it, sorry for the delay.
>>>For who continues from a previous save: Please save either in the dorm room, class, or anywhere inside the portal world before transferring your saves.

This update is full of fixes, tweaks and remakes, plus the interlude before the next boss and some new scenes; as well as more variants to existing ones.
Lucid dreaming is basically a way to rewatch normally one-time scenes. It won't have much impact on the game.
Perfomance improvement is, well, you can notice it once you play a bit; but for example that short flicker in the stool scene is no more.
Like I said I unfortunately couldn't remake every single old CGs, but the ones that bothered me the most have been done. The rest will be added as it goes on. Vhidna's remakes will either come before or alongside her expansions.

Changelog:
-Main Story
-Added Interlude
-Bonnie's Essence can be turned in to Vaila
-Bonnie
-Added scenes and variants
-Few edits
-Macky
-Fixed route bugs
-Beverly
-Fixed route bugs
-Miki
-Added more variants
-Some edits
-Noo
-Added more variants
-Few edits
-Added other variants and minor scenes
-Added Lucid Dreaming
-Can see some one-time scenes once when going to sleep
-Learned after browsing in the Occult Club
-Main scenes taking place while asleep will still take priority
-Edited/Remade many CGs
-(Vaila, Dominic, Miki, John, Allan, Rick, etc.)
-Edited/Remade some maps
-Various other graphical edits
-Various balancing and tweaking to difficulties, skills, items etc
-Removed the weird animation of idles in fights
-Edited some menus
-Improved performance
-Added some utility things
-Various tweaks and misc stuff
-Fixed characters disappearing in battle
-Fixed the pixi bug
-Fixed reported bugs

SnakeSnek

Feb 23, 2020
The utw dev took (if I remember right) more than a year to make the very first version and over a year later for the version with the lake. The time it took for the first versions was massive because it was only the one developer making models, textures, animations, and blueprints for the game. It was also very bare bones having a flat whitespace (with a sort of night sky) and just the one fight. Teary's first version also took a lot of time if I remember right as he also did everything by himself. The difference now is that for utw, there isn't anywhere near as much stuff to create blueprint or model wise since once the model is made it can continue to be reused. The main things they add are animations (aka scenes) as there is little new blueprinting needed when repurposeing the dealer fight to the alice one. Plus, the utw dev now has a team and is no longer a solo dev. Teary is still creating everything himself (art, code, story, ect) and, trust me, repurposeing scripts for fights or scenes is no where near as easy as for repurposeing unreal blueprints. We also know that teary is (or at least was as of the last update) a college student, which takes a massive amount of time and money (teary could be working another job for all we know). We don't know (unless this info has slipped past me) if the utw dev is a student or even if he has been making models and animations for years.
In the case of other devs like boda and deka, they have things that point out that these things do not apply to them. Deka lied about current version being finished and only awaiting cgs a long time before it was delayed and he buggy release. Boda (mainly koda) is often found playing other games and in general slacking off without even trying to hide it. Teary has been confirmed to be working on the releases in the past as it would say when he was working on rpg maker through his discord profile. I have not heard anything about this for this release, but that either could be because the people who did notice it before aren't currently around or because he learned people could see it and removed the abillity for discord to display what he is doing. Either way, there are countless reasons to continue to believe in him and very few reasons for certain people to have their first post on this website be about how you shouldn't support him.

I sincerely hope you to be right about Teary... fingers crossed...

Hi, update is today.
Cleaning up took longer than expected and I fell asleep in the midst of it, sorry for the delay.
>>>For who continues from a previous save: Please save either in the dorm room, class, or anywhere inside the portal world before transferring your saves.

This update is full of fixes, tweaks and remakes, plus the interlude before the next boss and some new scenes; as well as more variants to existing ones.
Lucid dreaming is basically a way to rewatch normally one-time scenes. It won't have much impact on the game.
Perfomance improvement is, well, you can notice it once you play a bit; but for example that short flicker in the stool scene is no more.
Like I said I unfortunately couldn't remake every single old CGs, but the ones that bothered me the most have been done. The rest will be added as it goes on. Vhidna's remakes will either come before or alongside her expansions.

Thank you so much for sharing!
I always liked his art style.. Its pretty unique, I dont see the need to re-do it all but thats just my personal opinion. Its good either way =)

Lets hope for a hero now!
1639308836177.png

Last edited:

Rosvos86

Feb 19, 2019
Please don't compare Teary to Koda. While Teary's delays are somewhat frustating, they're still not as common nor long lasting as Kodas.
Koda is actively trying to delay as much as possible Floor 7 of ToT by working on other smaller projects or just by slacking off. On the other hand Teary is working on a single project and the delays are limited for polishing and fixing bugs.

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
Honestly, it hurts to say this, but at this point the Teary-Koda comparison isn't so far-fetched anymore. You can speculate about Teary's intentions being different from Koda's but the end result is similar nonetheless.
Not sure how you come to that conclusion, considering that from my (albeit limited) understanding Koda has had multiple things delayed for up to 3 years (36 months or so, >1000 days) meanwhile this has been not even a month and a half delay for one update. Even if you also include previous delays, you are looking at something around a scale of 3-5 months across the games development, that's MAYBE 10% of ONE Koda delay. It really isn't close. Do I still think its not so nice? Yeah. But it certainly isn't malicious.

9gagmemes

Dec 16, 2019
Hi, update is today.

Changelog:
-Main Story
-Added Interlude
-Bonnie's Essence can be turned in to Vaila
-Bonnie
-Few edits
-Macky
-Fixed route bugs
-Beverly
-Fixed route bugs
-Miki
-Added more variants
-Some edits
-Noo
-Added more variants
-Few edits
-Added other variants and minor scenes
-Added Lucid Dreaming
-Can see some one-time scenes once when going to sleep
-Learned after browsing in the Occult Club
-Main scenes taking place while asleep will still take priority
-Edited/Remade many CGs
-(Vaila, Dominic, Miki, John, Allan, Rick, etc.)
-Edited/Remade some maps
-Various other graphical edits
-Various balancing and tweaking to difficulties, skills, items etc
-Removed the weird animation of idles in fights
-Edited some menus
-Improved performance
-Added some utility things
-Various tweaks and misc stuff
-Fixed characters disappearing in battle
-Fixed the pixi bug
-Fixed reported bugs
sorry to bother you but how exactly do you transfer a save?

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
sorry to bother you but how exactly do you transfer a save?
Before updating, play and move to the dorm room/classroom and save there. Then update and play. "Anywhere inside the portal world" seems really unspecific so I wouldn't take any chances there. To me it sounds like at the minimum you definitely DONT want to be in the city, tower, hotel, or school grounds outside the building.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Not sure how you come to that conclusion, considering that from my (albeit limited) understanding Koda has had multiple things delayed for up to 3 years (36 months or so, >1000 days) meanwhile this has been not even a month and a half delay for one update. Even if you also include previous delays, you are looking at something around a scale of 3-5 months across the games development, that's MAYBE 10% of ONE Koda delay. It really isn't close. Do I still think its not so nice? Yeah. But it certainly isn't malicious.
See, it isn't about the amount of time that it takes them to release stuff, because Boda have been releasing other stuff inbetween inbetween the 7F update. And yes, even then, Koda himself is leagues ahead of Teary in the delays department, delaying stuff up to 20-30 times, sometimes never even releasing them. Just because that shit is extreme doesn't mean that people should look at Teary delaying updates 8 times and think that that shit's okay, and that Koda and Teary are in two different worlds. How do you think Koda started out?
The way things seem to unfolding, Teary is like a baby Koda, experiencing the same kind of issues that lead Koda to the absolute state of mediocrity that he's in today. He can either work to find the source of these issues (could be a fundamental misunderstanding of the way RPGMaker works, overambition, unconscious self-sabotage, mental health stuff, no one knows), or he can do as Koda has always done, and look to the extremely unhelpful side of his game's community which will always pretend everything's okay and nothing ever needs to be fixed. That's basically how ToT became the absurd shitshow that it is today.

Either way, like I said before the end result is the same. I don't trust Teary anymore just like I don't trust Koda. Does anyone here actually believe that we're getting another update on December? Or that we're going to be getting the monthly updates that he's promised from now on? I'll believe it when I see it. It's a shame.

Last edited:

lpnyk

Nov 3, 2019
See, it isn't about the amount of time that it takes them to release stuff, because Boda have been releasing other stuff inbetween inbetween the 7F update. And yes, even then, Koda himself is leagues ahead of Teary in the delays department, delaying stuff up to 20-30 times, sometimes never even releasing them. Just because that shit is extreme doesn't mean that people should look at Teary delaying updates 8 times and think that that shit's okay, and that Koda and Teary are in two different worlds. How do you think Koda started out?
The way things seem to unfolding, Teary is like a baby Koda, experiencing the same kind of issues that lead Koda to the absolute state of mediocrity that he's in today. He can either work to find the source of these issues (could be a fundamental misunderstanding of the way RPGMaker works, overambition, unconscious self-sabotage, mental health stuff, no one knows), or he can do as Koda has always done, and look to the extremely unhelpful side of his game's community which will always pretend everything's okay and nothing ever needs to be fixed. That's basically how ToT became the absurd shitshow that it is today.

Either way, like I said before the end result is the same. I don't trust Teary anymore just like I don't trust Koda. Does anyone here actually believe that we're getting another update on December? Or that we're going to be getting the monthly updates that he's promised from now on? I'll believe it when I see it. It's a shame.
I think you're being a bit too cynical, teary has upheld most of his bargains up to this point while koda rarely even provides an explanation as to why he didn't deliver. With the mental health issues teary has reportedly been going through combined with him fixing his sloppy work from his earlier builds I don't think he has become unworthy of trust yet. Delays suck but i don't personally think Teary has taken it too far.

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes