4.90 star(s) 99 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Is there a thread or something where we could discuss about such Japanese bishoujo games available
General Discussions

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I wanted to like it because some of the girls are adorable but the MC pissed me off. I managed to finish a couple of routes but the writing for the MC put a dampener on things.

My friend has an 11 year old daughter. If you ask her to help with something she will whine, complain and make a million and one excuses as to why she can't help before she's been asked enough times she finally gives up whereas if she'd just done as she was asked in the first place it would have been over an hour earlier. That's what this MC is like, he reminds me of an 11 old year whining brat.

Reactions: zenox Omega

zenox Omega

Jan 2, 2018
This VN made me cry, it made me sad, depressed, angry but at the end of each route just a little bit of happiness.
However great the love story aspect is, it still retains the one major fatal flaw i see in many VN's that being the dense Dumb fuck of a MC and how they are so uncertain of life and many different choices. That is the part that angered me, the stubbornness/ empty headedness of how he was written. I know this is done to let people connect more with the MC's or at least i hope that's why its a thing.

still 8.5/10 game. i would play it again but i 100% except for some random early intro scene that isn't tied to any route.

personal wish is for a VN where the MC isn't a daft cunt of a jackass and actually try's to get things done and better himself and those near to him.

I know this is a website about sex games, shut it

Reactions: redliight

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
T
personal wish is for a VN where the MC isn't a daft cunt of a jackass and actually try's to get things done and better himself and those near to him.

There are 4 games in the series with romance arks for most girls but Yamato, the MC, is a fairly awesome guy. He's quite intelligent and knows what is going on around him and how to handle talking to the opposite sex without looking like a numb halfwit.

Reactions: zenox Omega

kπ!$

Apr 18, 2018
I don't understand why people tend to believe that Hisao is dumb just like most other VN MC's. Given his situation one will fairly find themselves stubborn and ignorant in most of the cases. U should first analyse the situation before commenting

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
I feel like I'm the only guy who hated Hisao's motives and thoughts in...I think it was Emi's (might've been Lilly's) but absolutely agreed with him in Rin's.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't understand why people tend to believe that Hisao is dumb just like most other VN MC's. Given his situation one will fairly find themselves stubborn and ignorant in most of the cases. U should first analyse the situation before commenting
I didn't call him dumb I called him immature.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I didn't call him dumb I called him immature.
You have to take into considerations that he was only 17 when he found out about his disability and this will make anyone at that age act confused about whats going on. He lost everything he had, his soon to be girlfriend who may have become his life long partner, his home and his family.
Who would not be confused and immature about things.

Yes at times he seems immature about everything but he was forced away from the only life he knew and put in a school full of disable kids and he needs to come to an understanding about his new life as a disable person.

Every story is a stand alone story and needs to be played that way.

zenox Omega

Jan 2, 2018
I 100% the game; there was lots of looking in to everything.
I also grew up with my own set of circumstances that have caused me to accept any drastic change and roll with it the best i can. Plus Heart Arrhythmia isn't the worse thing out there, back when i was in highschool i knew a guy with some heart problems who was a varsity football player; even though he was advised not to go to hard, it never stopped him from doing what he wanted to do. He had to take Breaks or rest if he got hit too hard and his upper left side of his body had blood circulation issues but Stem therapy hot pads got him through that.

zenox Omega

Jan 2, 2018

There are 4 games in the series with romance arks for most girls but Yamato, the MC, is a fairly awesome guy. He's quite intelligent and knows what is going on around him and how to handle talking to the opposite sex without looking like a numb halfwit.
thank you for the link, ill give it a download

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
You have to take into considerations that he was only 17 when he found out about his disability and this will make anyone at that age act confused about whats going on. He lost everything he had, his soon to be girlfriend who may have become his life long partner, his home and his family.
Who would not be confused and immature about things.

Yes at times he seems immature about everything but he was forced away from the only life he knew and put in a school full of disable kids and he needs to come to an understanding about his new life as a disable person.

Every story is a stand alone story and needs to be played that way.
Considering everything involving Hisao, i think i can consider him to be a good character since unlike many other MCs from VNs, Hisao actually has an excuse to justify his immaturity, sure, not everyone agrees on this, but it does make some sense, another MC that i think is a good character is John Nichols from Crimson Gray, if you don't know Crimson Gray, you should at least check it out

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Not everyone is going to agree on everything.

It came to a head on Rin's route, I got as far as her going to see the gallery lady before the MC's shitty attitude got too much. 3 times up to hat point he'd got angry at Rin just for being her. He just came across as a massive douche on top of the immaturity he showed in other routes.

Add on to that that every route has girls with their own problems having to deal with his shit and pull him together.

Nearly everything he says to Rin up to chapter 3 is akin to telling a depressed person to cheer up while that person sulks themself. He goes as far as shouting at her because she doesn't want to exhibit her work after she's explained why to him.

I can't think of one redeeming feature that makes him in any way likable. I can agree he would be justified to be depressed given he's probably got around 10 or so years to live but being justified in something still doesn't make them a likable character or a good one.

It's not just the MC though. While overall it has some good stories it also has some awful ones. Shizune's ending ... I had no words for how shit that is. She was one of my favourite characters but it's almost like the writer couldn't have given any less of a fuck about her and gave up 2 thirds through. Even the restoration patch can't fix the single worst romance ark i've ever bore witness to in a couple of years of reading romance VN's and over a decade of romance novels. Kenji's ending was a better love story. It's the only love story nobody can say was better than Twilight.

It may seem i'm getting worked up over nothing and that is probably true. My problem is this should have been far better. It has flashes of brilliance during Hanako, Lilly and Emi's paths. It's a good VN that should have been an amazing VN.

Aug 16, 2017
I concur, we all have differing opinions. I read this one some years ago now and my impressions were a lot different.
I enjoyed it and was really absorbed in the story, possibly because I was naïve and immature at 17 as well (and not changed much in next few decades either :D )

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I just tried to finish Rin's route and I found myself getting genuinely angry so took that as a sign to stop. I'm not going to rant about the MC it's the writer i've taken issue with here.

Whoever wrote Rin's path made the MC look like a complete cunt. In some routes he looked immature, sometimes a bit of a douche but he made me angry in this one. They gave Rin all these problems and then made the MC look like an intolerant prick. She is made to look like she's having a hard time and he does nothing but give her shit like she's doing it purposefully to piss him off.

Lilly's route was great, Hanako's route made me cry a little bit and Emi's route was great too. Shizune's route had no emotion to it at all but Rin's route is terrible writing.

What annoys me the most is I hate complaining. I don't like taking shit seriously, life's too short but so many people I know got on me to read this and I put it off for years. I finally cave and all i'm left thinking is, what the fuck am I reading?

I'm shit at explaining myself properly but the closest I can think of is it's like whoever is writing doesn't seem to know how to interact with other people and it shows in the writing sometimes.

It looks like I complain a lot but if I didn't like it I wouldn't bother. My issue is that the writing for the MC is schizophrenic, it's all over the place. In some scenes on some paths he's anywhere between okay and fantastic while on others he's anywhere between dickhead and immature brat.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I just tried to finish Rin's route and I found myself getting genuinely angry so took that as a sign to stop. I'm not going to rant about the MC it's the writer i've taken issue with here.

Whoever wrote Rin's path made the MC look like a complete cunt. In some routes he looked immature, sometimes a bit of a douche but he made me angry in this one. They gave Rin all these problems and then made the MC look like an intolerant prick. She is made to look like she's having a hard time and he does nothing but give her shit like she's doing it purposefully to piss him off.

Lilly's route was great, Hanako's route made me cry a little bit and Emi's route was great too. Shizune's route had no emotion to it at all but Rin's route is terrible writing.

What annoys me the most is I hate complaining. I don't like taking shit seriously, life's too short but so many people I know got on me to read this and I put it off for years. I finally cave and all i'm left thinking is, what the fuck am I reading?

I'm shit at explaining myself properly but the closest I can think of is it's like whoever is writing doesn't seem to know how to interact with other people and it shows in the writing sometimes.

It looks like I complain a lot but if I didn't like it I wouldn't bother. My issue is that the writing for the MC is schizophrenic, it's all over the place. In some scenes on some paths he's anywhere between okay and fantastic while on others he's anywhere between dickhead and immature brat.
Yes I agree with you and it was or had something like 10 or even more people who worked on this VN and its one of the best I have every had the pleasure to read.
Yes MC pissed me off to on the Rin route but I made it through and so did Rin in the end.;)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yes I agree with you and it was or had something like 10 or even more people who worked on this VN and its one of the best I have every had the pleasure to read.
Yes MC pissed me off to on the Rin route but I made it through and so did Rin in the end.;)
I'm trying again, he's stopped being a dick to her for the moment, just finished dressing her.

That's my problem when more than a couple of people write a story, it ends up being wrong in places and feels off. Some parts are so good I really enjoy it like Lilly, Hanako and Emi's routes shit, Miki's route was enjoyable too and she was an extra. Then you get Shizunes route that feels so out of place, rushed and incomplete and the 3 quarters of Rins route where the MC acts like a complete bastard to her.

It confused me because I did Hanako first and expected it to be like that throughout and then the MC was different in other routes it feels like they didn't communicate between them and all had different MC's in mind.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Funny thing is Rin pissed me off on the Rin route more than anything. She expects the MC to change to her and boots him out when he's detrimental to her "work" (something she's been obsessing on unhealthily) and we're supposed to be okay with that?

Nothing beats my hate for Lilly and her route though.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Funny thing is Rin pissed me off on the Rin route more than anything. She expects the MC to change to her and boots him out when he's detrimental to her "work" (something she's been obsessing on unhealthily) and we're supposed to be okay with that?

Nothing beats my hate for Lilly and her route though.
She doesn't expect him to change to anything, she doesn't ask anyone to do anything. The MC expects her to explain herself when he knows damn well she can't then gets angry and shouts at her when he doesn't understand her. Guy acts like a fucking wanker.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
She doesn't expect him to change to anything, she doesn't ask anyone to do anything. The MC expects her to explain herself when he knows damn well she can't then gets angry and shouts at her when he doesn't understand her. Guy acts like a fucking wanker.
They are in a relationship right? I would've expected her to compromise. Also, DOES he know that? DOES he even know Rin?

Don't get me wrong, I ended up coming around to her towards the end but for a lot of it, I found myself agreeing with the MC.

I also haven't played the game in ages and am going off brief memories. I have the whole journey capped for all girls (with accompanying commentary because I'm a sad soul) but I don't feel like going back through it right now.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes