4.90 star(s) 99 Votes
Jul 5, 2017
When Rin offhandedly mentioned my actual disability, I had to do a double take. This game is either psychic, or it reads the files on my PC. Cerebral Palsy usual isn't the first thing that comes to people's minds when they think disability. Hell, most people i've met didn't even know what it was until i told them.

Reactions: OctoPriest

OctoPriest

Mar 28, 2017
As someone who is himself crippled for life by a disability, and so used to playing games to try to escape the reality of being such, playing a game such as this where your character is coming to terms with both his disability and those of others quite literally brought me to tears. It hurt, but in a good way. The story and characters were very, very well done and is a game that I very much endorse and recommend.

OctoPriest

Mar 28, 2017
There's one called Yume Miru Kusuri (The Drug That Makes You Dream) which was really good - not sure where I found it anymore...maybe Google is our friend?
Check the Search option here on f95! It's actually here on the site for download and a great game!

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
oww! thats bad i would chose that girl, she does have a good ending?
Unfortunately, there is no route for Misha. Misha was given a ton of 'camera time' because she is a core component on Shizune's original route, which you see in the pre-alpha. Misha's actions affect Shizune so heavily, that Shizune spends the majority of Acts 2 and 3 (in the pre-alpha) coping with them. It's nothing like what you see in the official release where there's practically no drama and everyone lives happily ever after. Misha was necessary for Shizune to grow as a person, not just to talk. That's how it was originally.

Reactions: Aboltus228
Aug 16, 2017
when I played this a few years back I'm sure I lost 3 or 4 days of sleep. I was new to visual novels then and was enraptured by the small complexities in each character, something more current offerings have failed to elevate.

only fate/stay night sits above in my top 5

dartis

Oct 15, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, I think there were hints that she was a lesbian. It gets really foggy, because I played this game years ago and shizune's arc wasn't the greatest.

Now, I'm not sure what having sex with a member of the sex you're not attracted too feels like; but, I imagine the doctor grabbing your balls and asking you to cough isn't far off. It's awkward, uncomfortable and you never want to see that guy, even if he is a nice person, ever again.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Well, I think there were hints that she was a lesbian. It gets really foggy, because I played this game years ago and shizune's arc wasn't the greatest.

Now, I'm not sure what having sex with a member of the sex you're not attracted too feels like; but, I imagine the doctor grabbing your balls and asking you to cough isn't far off. It's awkward, uncomfortable and you never want to see that guy, even if he is a nice person, ever again.
Might be uncomfortable for her then. Not me. Sex with a lesbian. Get to cross it off the list.
And I don't mind anyone grabbing my balls. As long as they don't squeeze too hard. ;)

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
its asking for a password in order to unzip
Well, no.

I just unpacked all the originals that I uploaded to my Mega to be sure, and none had passwords. The 3 alternates for the Win/Mac/Linux are from a different website and not under my control, but I downloaded those and checked and none of those were password protected either. The problem is on your end.

Well, I think there were hints that she was a lesbian.

Reactions: dartis

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Man, I've played this game a few years ago, but it seems like I either forgot a lot, didn't play everything or stuff was added after I played it. Quite a few chars that I don't even really know here o_O

L337Leon

Jan 5, 2018
Added 100% save file. Not sure why you'd need it, but someone always asks at some point.

Also, since everyone loves shiny things, here's a teaser pic I made for the F95 Wiki. I thought it was poignantly Katawa Shoujo in a nutshell.
View attachment 14128
Hi there,
I just tried to download the game and the 100% save game file.
Unfortunately it is not working, it gives me the following error on load:

AttributeError: 'ReadbackADVCharacter' object has no attribute 'image_tag'

Does anyone have a working 100% save game file?

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Hi there,
I just tried to download the game and the 100% save game file.
Unfortunately it is not working, it gives me the following error on load:

AttributeError: 'ReadbackADVCharacter' object has no attribute 'image_tag'
Okay, so, I didn't have KS installed anymore.
  1. I downloaded it using the 1st Windows MEGA link in the OP.
  2. I downloaded the 100% Save file from OP
  3. I noticed an error in the Save file locations text document that I wrote up and put in RAR.
  4. "%APPDATA%\Renpy\katawashoujo_actual\" should be "%APPDATA%\Renpy\katawashoujo_actual_1.3\"
  5. I will fix that in the OP after this, but I'm sure it's completely unrelated to your issue.
  6. Anyway, I put the contents of the 100% save file ("39-LT1.save" and "persistent") in "\katawashoujo_actual_1.3\"
  7. Launched the game. The gallery, music box, etc were good. The day-1 game save loaded fine
  8. Here's a screen shot with the date/time showing the gallery, and the title screen clippings in the background that mean all the endings were completed.
  9. Image1.jpg
Okay, so aside from that hiccup with the save file locations, everything looks good on my end. It couldn't have been a save file location issue otherwise it just wouldn't have ever shown up at all in-game. Can I get more information from you? What version of the game were you using? It will only work on the official 1.3.1 release, not the pre-alpha or any of the others. I also have no way of testing Mac or Linux versions.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

Edit: Instructions fixed in OP link to 100% save game file.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes